Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,213 members, 7,963,981 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 02:11 AM

Is Destiny Predetermined? - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is Destiny Predetermined? (10541 Views)

Is Destiny Real? / Do You Believe In Destiny / Hi, my name is Destiny, i'm new!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Destiny Predetermined? by beatricewebb: 9:51pm On Oct 26, 2013
YES,destiny is predetermined but can be altered mostly by night operators.NOTE, people with great destiny are @deadly risk and are more vulnerable than their counterpart.
Re: Is Destiny Predetermined? by kazyhm(m): 10:03pm On Oct 26, 2013
To my own undastanding, d only event dat is predestined is " once u'r born u'll die, u'll go through kid to tten to adult if u didn't die young, remember no one ever get out of here alive, apart. 4rm dis fact u'r d captain of ur soul, d big questn abt predestination is God av a gud plan 4 evrybdy bt wat of hellfire ? Is some ppl predestined 4 hellfire, are some ppl dome 4 poorverty ? Den some ppl are meant to always punish u ? So many questn
Re: Is Destiny Predetermined? by kazyhm(m): 10:03pm On Oct 26, 2013
To my own undastanding, d only event dat is predestined is " once u'r born u'll die, u'll go through kid to teenage to adult if u didn't die young, remember no one ever get out of here alive, apart. 4rm dis fact u'r d captain of ur soul, d big questn abt predestination is God av a gud plan 4 evrybdy bt wat of hellfire ? Is some ppl predestined 4 hellfire, are some ppl dome 4 poorverty ? Den some ppl are meant to always punish u ? So many questn
Re: Is Destiny Predetermined? by saifuhot: 10:15pm On Oct 26, 2013
eluquenson: Is every event of our lives predetermined?

For the past several months I’ve been trying to understand and determine if we are all living scripted lives that we cannot change or if we have free will and the ability to completely change our fates. It didn’t seem to me that both could be right at the same time. Finally I just asked my guides and they explained it to me. Here is how they explained it.

Before we are born, our higher self gets together with other, wiser, spirits to work out a plan for our next incarnation that includes major life events such as who are parents will be, who our siblings will be (if any), our marriage partner, kids, career, and many other events too numerous to list.

I don't remember how the debate ended, I think that Bible Study just ended before any conclusion was made on either side.

Now, recently, I've been thinking about this subject again, but from a different way. The question that makes me question whether fates are predetermined or not is what is different now. Is God omniscience because he determined it all beforehand, or because he understands us all so much that he knows what decisions we'll make?

So, pretty much, I'm looking for other views on the subject on how destiny comes about. I'm especially interested in the views of other religions (particularly Islam, eckankar, so hopefully Solar will stop by. lol), along with many denominations of Christianity.

SO , IS DESTINY PER-DETERMINED OR ME-DETERMINED or is it considered it to be a bit of both?
1st of all i standard for ISLAM. Yes its. FLASH ME 07065495260. Thanj you
Re: Is Destiny Predetermined? by emma4eva(m): 11:02pm On Oct 26, 2013
I strongly believe there's no sucb thing as reincarnation, our human minds isn't capable of understanding the idea of destiny.. one thing is certain, our path is laid forth but our choices and freewill determines where we end up... I recommend dis book, ''the spiritual world''
Re: Is Destiny Predetermined? by greatgenius: 11:13pm On Oct 26, 2013
cold:
The fact that you're slow is not in doubt.It's the enormity of the situation that is frightening.Your case is really pitiable.The fact that you believe in a 'God(all that is)' is all the proof I need that you simply can't be classed as intelligent but nice try
lol there he goes again with another blunder and a silly strawman. you should stick with debating Christians with your silly conjectures my friend.. like most pseudo atheists you are really not very intelligent. i could see through your ignorance from the beginning so clutching at straws at this point to save face is really not necessary...

Since your level of understanding and intelilgence is obviously very low let me quote what i said for you again. "but[b]I know that God( the all that is )exists[/b] and we are all individuations of the all that is. Fact."

again this is very simple but if you need me to i will break it down for you.. Believing and knowing are not the same thing..not that there is anything wrong with believing in a god.. but understand that "i know the "All That is" exist and i believe the all that is exists are the not the same thing, novice...do you need me to expatiate on this for you as well? lol
Re: Is Destiny Predetermined? by okoomoge2(m): 11:23pm On Oct 26, 2013
Destiny is like a programming language
Prepared for all human beings.

Destiny is used by angels but not God. Destiny can be altered and is some cases delayed to manifest!!!!!

Ayanmo Amu torun wa, in the olden days
Mostly Yoruba do what they call Ikose jaiye
Omo within seven days on the baby's birth.

This is not specific to any religion, it is a Yoruba belief system.

I have researched heavily into this subject
In the past. Your destiny lies on your palm and the centre of your head.

I will leave it at that for now !!!!
Re: Is Destiny Predetermined? by Deschil: 11:58pm On Oct 26, 2013
I agree with your post but the Isrealites wandered in the wilderness for 40*years..
Jehovah Shalom:

Dearest,

Destiny is predestinated but man can derail from Destiny if he allows the devil to tamper with it. The bible says the thief (Devil) cometh but to steal, destroy and Kill. Take for example the children of Israel, they were to be taken to a PROMISED LAND which journey is only 40DAYS but because they allowed the devil and gave in to disobedience, they spent 400yrs for a 40day Journey. That's what we are witnesing today in Nigerian.
Re: Is Destiny Predetermined? by Deschil: 12:03am On Oct 27, 2013
@OP, please what do "guides", "incarnation", "other wiser spirits", have to do with the Bible Something is wrong with your Bible study...these terms are not Biblical.
Re: Is Destiny Predetermined? by Vickygirk(f): 12:26am On Oct 27, 2013
Denstiny is made up of 70% predetermined and 30% free will the ones we change is the free will not the predetermined .e.g u will die at 80, the freewil der is that if u keep healthy, not smoke...etc u will reach 80yrs and the predertermined der is dat u wont pass 80yrs
Re: Is Destiny Predetermined? by cold(m): 12:31am On Oct 27, 2013
greatgenius: lol there he goes again with another blunder and a silly strawman. you should stick with debating Christians with your silly conjectures my friend.. like most pseudo atheists you are really not very intelligent. i could see through your ignorance from the beginning so clutching at straws at this point to save face is really not necessary...

Since your level of understanding and intelilgence is obviously very low let me quote what i said for you again. "but[b]I know that God( the all that is )exists[/b] and we are all individuations of the all that is. Fact."

again this is very simple but if you need me to i will break it down for you.. Believing and knowing are not the same thing..not that there is anything wrong with believing in a god.. but understand that "i know the "All That is" exist and i believe the all that is exists are the not the same thing, novice...do you need me to expatiate on this for you as well? lol
Complete & utter bullshitt! This is akin to hugging your opponent in the boxing ring. You're obviously bereft of ideas at this point,so you just keep oscillating around the subject matter without making any new input in last ditch effort to remain relevant. That being said,whether you believe in or know 'the all that is'exists,i honestly can't take you seriously. No matter how hard you try to embellish it, your idiocy comes shining through. I would really love to go a whole lot easier on you but sometimes one just has to put these rètards in their place. It's a grimey job i agree but someone has to do it
Re: Is Destiny Predetermined? by mkoabiola: 12:43am On Oct 27, 2013
Million dollar question.
Re: Is Destiny Predetermined? by todayguest(m): 2:46am On Oct 27, 2013
It's difficult to say. The quest for answers to this question and others alike, had led man into diverse pathways. These includes, divination, palmistry, sorcery and etc. Yet, there are no satisfying answers. If you look at the world, there are many questions to ask, that, have no answers. Eg, have you ever asked yourself why you were born by your parents or why you are black ? or have you wondered why all humans aren't black or white ?.You'll ask all your life, you can't find answers! However, you can enjoy a peaceful and prosperous life, only if, you will put your hands to work and stay away from evil. Thankyou.
Re: Is Destiny Predetermined? by tonychristopher: 5:09am On Oct 27, 2013
eluquenson: Is every event of our lives predetermined?

For the past several months I’ve been trying to understand and determine if we are all living scripted lives that we cannot change or if we have free will and the ability to completely change our fates. It didn’t seem to me that both could be right at the same time. Finally I just asked my guides and they explained it to me. Here is how they explained it.

Before we are born, our higher self gets together with other, wiser, spirits to work out a plan for our next incarnation that includes major life events such as who are parents will be, who our siblings will be (if any), our marriage partner, kids, career, and many other events too numerous to list.

I don't remember how the debate ended, I think that Bible Study just ended before any conclusion was made on either side.

Now, recently, I've been thinking about this subject again, but from a different way. The question that makes me question whether fates are predetermined or not is what is different now. Is God omniscience because he determined it all beforehand, or because he understands us all so much that he knows what decisions we'll make?

So, pretty much, I'm looking for other views on the subject on how destiny comes about. I'm especially interested in the views of other religions (particularly Islam, eckankar, so hopefully Solar will stop by. lol), along with many denominations of Christianity.

SO , IS DESTINY PER-DETERMINED OR ME-DETERMINED or is it considered it to be a bit of both?

there are factors, I strongly believe that every body has a purpose and assignment in life and that is predestined and predetermined.but in the process of meeting or achieving your role the actions and inaction amount to destiny. predestination is the place destiny is the path

THERE IS PRE DETERMINATION BRO
Re: Is Destiny Predetermined? by Ernestybaba: 5:39am On Oct 27, 2013
Jehovah Shalom:

Dearest,

Destiny is predestinated but man can derail from Destiny if he allows the devil to tamper with it. The bible says the thief (Devil) cometh but to steal, destroy and Kill. Take for example the children of Israel, they were to be taken to a PROMISED LAND which journey is only 40DAYS but because they allowed the devil and gave in to disobedience, they spent 400yrs for a 40day Journey. That's what we are witnesing today in Nigerian.
It 40 yrs not 400yrs
Re: Is Destiny Predetermined? by trolling(m): 6:17am On Oct 27, 2013
Ogbeche77: That same journey would have taken the children of Israel just 40minutes today if they flew with ISRAEL AIRWAYS.... So you can see destiny is dynamic grin grin
Places, events and timing affects destiny
That was predetermined too, they did exactly what He predetermined, Man don't run nothing, No man knows love or hatred
Re: Is Destiny Predetermined? by trolling(m): 7:10am On Oct 27, 2013
Gods create good evil and good, He appoints some to life and some to death, if you are contrary, you might as well get all your groove on cuz eternal anguish awaits you,billions were slain before the foundation of the earth...
Re: Is Destiny Predetermined? by jr101(m): 8:48am On Oct 27, 2013
Ogbeche77: That same journey would have taken the children of Israel just 40minutes today if they flew with ISRAEL AIRWAYS.... So you can see destiny is dynamic grin grin
Places, events and timing affects destiny
this is so so funny , cant stop laughing here, nice one man, dat will be possible, if the isreali airways is not like our dana and sosoliso
Re: Is Destiny Predetermined? by leofab(f): 12:27pm On Oct 27, 2013
todayguest: It's difficult to say. The quest for answers to this question and others alike, had led man into diverse pathways. These includes, divination, palmistry, sorcery and etc. Yet, there are no satisfying answers. If you look at the world, there are many questions to ask, that, have no answers. Eg, have you ever asked yourself why you were born by your parents or why you are black ? or have you wondered why all humans aren't black or white ?.You'll ask all your life, you can't find answers! However, you can enjoy a peaceful and prosperous life, only if, you will put your hands to work and stay away from evil. Thankyou.
you mean those thousands killed by BH Insurgents didn't put their hands to work nor stayed away from evil? What of those accident victims and thore born with deformities?
Re: Is Destiny Predetermined? by GOC01: 1:21pm On Oct 27, 2013
[b]ℓ̊ still remember this question vividly, it was an huddle many of my course mates won't attempt to jump because we never knew the stand of the professor that taught us. We dnt knw if we were to support PREDETERMINISM or FREEWILL. I was so lucky i passed n my debate was based on:
* epoch of 'Dark Age' n the age of reasoning n enlightenment
*causative factors n multi causal nature
*hedonistic rationality of man
*backwardness of predeterminism belief.
My conclusion ws if we belief in predeterminism then we r saying the supernatural r impostors, wicked n dictators (according to our beliefs) [/b]ℓ̊ still remember this question vividly, it was an huddle many of my course mates won't attempt to jump because we never knew the stand of the professor that taught us. We dnt knw if we were to support PREDETERMINISM or FREEWILL. I was so lucky i passed n my debate was based on:
* epoch of 'Dark Age' n the age of reasoning n enlightenment
*causative factors n multi causal nature
*hedonistic rationality of man
*backwardness of predeterminism belief.
My conclusion ws if we belief in predeterminism then we r saying the supernatural r impostors, wicked n dictators (according to our beliefs)
Re: Is Destiny Predetermined? by kliffo(m): 3:52pm On Oct 27, 2013
mrakin: pls do not insult God almighty. He has given us the free will to live our lives the way we want since our first parent had agreed to be like God. I am not going into bible lessons but I want you to know that God does not pre-determine our destiny. God is not partial, He does not distribute wealth, poverty, sickness and good health.
All the things that happen to us are either by our own cause, by accident or by wicked spirit forces. God sometimes prevent and protect HIS loyal ones but sometimes permit them to go through some difficult situations.

In conclusion, God does not pre-determine our destiny. Pls read the bible book of James chapter one.
You are unwittingly contradicting yourself. Why would the accident happen to some and not others. Why would the evil forces successfully attack some and not others even with the same degree of prayers and fasting. Why do things happen to some and not others, is it just luck or accident as you believe or has it been pre-ordained? I believe their is pre-destination(destiny) but like some have espoused here it can be altered within a given ambit. You may not totally change your destiny, but you might not reach your mark or even in some cases exceed it based on your actions or inactions.
Re: Is Destiny Predetermined? by greatgenius: 11:43pm On Oct 27, 2013
cold:
Complete & utter bullshitt! This is akin to hugging your opponent in the boxing ring. You're obviously bereft of ideas at this point,so you just keep oscillating around the subject matter without making any new input in last ditch effort to remain relevant. That being said,whether you believe in or know 'the all that is'exists,i honestly can't take you seriously. No matter how hard you try to embellish it, your idiocy comes shining through. I would really love to go a whole lot easier on you but sometimes one just has to put these rètards in their place. It's a grimey job i agree but someone has to do it
i knew what i said would fly over your head. not surprised at all son!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reps To Intervene For The Release Of Shiite Leader, Members. / Are you an Ajepako or Ajebota? / If World Ends Today, Who Do You Wish To Meet In After-life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.