Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,547 members, 7,888,763 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 02:39 PM

Between King Saul And David Whose Sins Is Greater? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Between King Saul And David Whose Sins Is Greater? (1563 Views)

'any Christian Indulging In These Listed Sins Is Already On His/her Way To Hell' / King Saul In Hell Fire - 2nd Encounter Of Bro.emmanuel Senayon / Was the Love between King David and Jonathan Homosexual? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between King Saul And David Whose Sins Is Greater? by Ukutsgp(m): 5:00pm On Oct 24, 2013
Read 1 samuel 15 and 2 samuel 11 and tell the house whose sin is greater. Saul and his children died as a result of his sin(1 samuel 31) , while David did not. The question now is whose sin is greater between the two of them. I also want reasons why one payed for his sins while the other escaped it. Thanks.
Re: Between King Saul And David Whose Sins Is Greater? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Oct 24, 2013
didn't it say in the bible that there are no greater sins than the next?

or something like that lolz tongue
Re: Between King Saul And David Whose Sins Is Greater? by martinseme: 9:02pm On Oct 24, 2013
the reasøn has to do with humility,submission and repentance. David as a wise man always wails and repent humbly to GOD when ever he errs, but saul was blantantly too arongant and stubborn against GOD.
Re: Between King Saul And David Whose Sins Is Greater? by Ukutsgp(m): 8:28am On Oct 25, 2013
martinseme: the reasøn has to do with humility,submission and repentance. David as a wise man always wails and repent humbly to GOD when ever he errs, but saul was blantantly too arongant and stubborn against GOD.
saul also asked 4 forgiveness but he was not forgiven. Why?
Read 1 samuel 15:24-25.
Re: Between King Saul And David Whose Sins Is Greater? by Nobody: 8:31am On Oct 25, 2013
None.

Yahweh has favorites. To hell with anyone else.

Saul disobeyed God by not killing Agag. Ends up getting killed along with his family.

David sets up and kills a man, takes his wife, cuts off men's foreskins to win another wife... E be like say even God like bad men.
Re: Between King Saul And David Whose Sins Is Greater? by Tolexander: 8:55am On Oct 25, 2013
It isn't the function of the magnitude of the sin committed but grace !

1 Like

Re: Between King Saul And David Whose Sins Is Greater? by Ukutsgp(m): 1:49pm On Oct 25, 2013
Tolexander: It isn't the function of the magnitude of the sin committed but grace !
so u mean that grace work 4 some people while it does nt work 4 some?
Re: Between King Saul And David Whose Sins Is Greater? by raptureready: 2:11pm On Oct 25, 2013
Ukuts gp: Read 1 samuel 15 and 2 samuel 11 and tell the house whose sin is greater. Saul and his children died as a result of his sin(1 samuel 31) , while David did not. The question now is whose sin is greater between the two of them. I also want reasons why one payed for his sins while the other escaped it. Thanks.

Ukuts gp: saul also asked 4 forgiveness but he was not forgiven. Why?
Read 1 samuel 15:24-25.

Before God, sin is sin.

David truly repented and never attempted to sin against God again.

Saul's repentance was superficial, he continued on sinning in his merry way - tried to kill David, visited the witch at Edom etc.

God punished them both, with David receiving the greater punishment. His own child terrorised him, caused him to run away from the throne and the country, slept with his wives on the rooftop in broad day light etc.

Saul died as a result of his continuing to sin until he exhausted God's patience, not as a result of that initial disobedience.
Re: Between King Saul And David Whose Sins Is Greater? by Ukutsgp(m): 3:58pm On Oct 25, 2013
rapture_ready:

Before God, sin is sin.

David truly repented and never attempted to sin against God again.

Saul's repentance was superficial, he continued on sinning in his merry way - tried to kill David, visited the witch at Edom etc.

God punished them both, with David receiving the greater punishment. His own child terrorised him, caused him to run away from the throne and the country, slept with his wives on the rooftop in broad day light etc.

Saul died as a result of his continuing to sin until he exhausted God's patience, not as a result of that initial disobedience.
pls answer me. Are all sins equal? U mean sins does not have grade?
Re: Between King Saul And David Whose Sins Is Greater? by raptureready: 5:29pm On Oct 25, 2013
Ukuts gp: pls answer me. Are all sins equal? U mean sins does not have grade?

James 2:10 : For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

What that means is that God views both the guy who robbed his mama's pot and the guy who robbed first bank as thieves.

Any sin, no matter how "little" will rob you of a place in God's kingdom, & earn you a place in hell, except you truly repent.

However, some sins are indeed more grevious than others, and if Saul & David is anything to go by, will probably receive greater punishment.

Only God can tell that for a fact though.
Re: Between King Saul And David Whose Sins Is Greater? by Ukutsgp(m): 7:51am On Oct 27, 2013
So between David and king saul whose sins did u think is greater if we would grade sins.
Re: Between King Saul And David Whose Sins Is Greater? by Ukutsgp(m): 9:26am On Oct 27, 2013
rapture_ready:

James 2:10 : For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

What that means is that God views both the guy who robbed his mama's pot and the guy who robbed first bank as thieves.

Any sin, no matter how "little" will rob you of a place in God's kingdom, & earn you a place in hell, except you truly repent.

However, some sins are indeed more grevious than others, and if Saul & David is anything to go by, will probably receive greater punishment.

Only God can tell that for a fact though.
of cause u know jame is talking of the law of moses
Re: Between King Saul And David Whose Sins Is Greater? by Ukutsgp(m): 1:21pm On Oct 30, 2013
In my opinion, David sins is greater than that of king saul. No doubt.
Re: Between King Saul And David Whose Sins Is Greater? by Ukutsgp(m): 8:22am On Nov 03, 2013
There is no doubt in this o
Re: Between King Saul And David Whose Sins Is Greater? by harbiola1(m): 1:36pm On Nov 03, 2013
OMG! did bible say this, this blatant lie. and somebody believe this to be true, blind faith indeed. bt let me clear the air here. David did nt skin hundred or 2 hundred pple to marry king Saul's daughter. king saul only promised to offered the hand of his daughter in marriage to the anybody who would kill the tyrant goliath. which David did with the grace of God. it hurts me when u guys carry those filthy stories and attribute them to those innocents and pious prophets. and if anybody tags such things to ur pastors, even if it's true u guys wouldn't accepts, to u it's jesus and the pastors.
i don't knw when u guys would start reading stuffs with ur senses. read this story with ur sense and put holy spirit aside for some minutes. so that u could stop incurring wrath of God through these messenger, and i'm nt saying u shouldn't have faith in whatever u believe but as long as these prophets and the Almight God is concern, let those filthy stories stop in ur church. Imagine, God wrestled with is creation, devil tempting God with God's own bounty which He gives to whomever he will.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?300207-The-story-of-talut.
bt if u truely believe that wikipeadia et al's story as valid in this case of david, we can discuss it together using that same wiki, and i'll show u the obvious K leg in that lie.
Re: Between King Saul And David Whose Sins Is Greater? by Nobody: 2:14am On Dec 10, 2013
Ukuts gp: Read 1 samuel 15 and 2 samuel 11 and tell the house whose sin is greater. Saul and his children died as a result of his sin(1 samuel 31) , while David did not. The question now is whose sin is greater between the two of them. I also want reasons why one payed for his sins while the other escaped it. Thanks.

so I asked you which church you attend in your other thread critizing the catholic church and you ran away and came over here. lmao
Since you said in your other thread that catholics and t.b Joshua followers will go to hell, I asked you which church do you attend so that we can follow your heavenly pastor. Alas, Immediately I asked that question, you abandoned the thread and ran away.
Why are you so ashamed of naming your church, rather hiding behind your keyboard and attacking others.
If you are scared of naming your church, how are you going to convert the hell bound team of catholics and t,b Joshua team nah?

cant stop laughing.

I dare you to mention your church

(1) (Reply)

The Bitter Truth About Christmas / Prayer Our Country Nigeria Needs Is"prayer For Nigeria In Distress. / Christianity Not A Religion But A Lifestyle: Your Opinion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.