Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,441 members, 7,944,179 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 12:23 PM

Journey To Edo - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Journey To Edo (820 Views)

Dick"mandela"dastardly: My Journey To Nairaland Robin Island Prison. / African Dead Bodies Recovered On Journey To Europe! Italian Government / Nairaland's Journey To 1 Million Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Journey To Edo by Emmyk(m): 12:21am On Oct 25, 2013
It was on a Sunday Morning; 28th July, 2013.

Just like every normal Sunday, I woke up, bathed, and got dressed for service.

It was an Estate in Ajaokuta, Kogi state, where I came to stay with my uncle and his family, since the commencement of ASUU strike.

My cousins were away, so we were just 4. My uncle, his wife, my cousins' cousin; that's to say my uncle's wife's niece; and myself.

After the never-quick-ending-service was over, we returned home.

I guess I'm used to 2hours sunday service in church. Anything more, I term it "Message Overload".

While eating the meal, my uncle called to me, "Emma, eat hurrily, you and I are leaving for Edo by 2:00pm.".

I was so excited, I'm going south for the first time.

Getting back to the Dinning table, you know, I started rolling my sleeves, adjusting my collar and declared to my cousins' cousin,

"I'm going to Edo today", shining my teeth alongside. cheesycheesy

"whatever", she said, jealously.

I started counting out aloud the states I have been to in Nigeria, accompanying it with some etighi moves.

I love travelling, more as I hate it, because of insecurity on roads or accident.

I started reflecting when last I sinned, because I have this crazy impression that God too will be like "Revenge time", while I'm in sin, and travelling, hereby crashing the car, or sort of, you know crazy thoughts. cheesy

Something told me to dissemble my phones during the trip. I was like

No, God will keep me in this one., eventhough another voice was telling me, "for your mind abi??" cheesycheesy

Anyways, I swiftly finished my food, went into my room to prepare.

I didnt even take any extra cloth, because we are returning next morning.

Uncle and I got into his car, prayed and off we went.

He was bringing up topics upon topics in our Yagba language, which didnt let me focus on the website I was then. sad

When we were around a formal Toll-Gate area around Okene, a car coming directly opposite us was waving us down, screaming at the top of his voice "Armed Robbers!!, Armed Robbers!!!" shockedshockedshocked
Re: Journey To Edo by jhydebaba(m): 8:21am On Oct 26, 2013
If the robbers didn't kill u shocked I know for sure u'll come and finish ur story cheesy

I hate half story abi u dey try form suspense
Re: Journey To Edo by Emmyk(m): 2:45pm On Oct 27, 2013
jhydebaba: If the robbers didn't kill u shocked I know for sure u'll come and finish ur story cheesy

I hate half story abi u dey try form suspense

Who told you there is no internet reception in Heaven? cheesycheesy
Re: Journey To Edo by Emmyk(m): 3:16pm On Oct 27, 2013
Hearing this, my whole life flashed infront of me! shockedshocked

"I'm going to die!" I thought to myself.

"Why did my uncle even say I should follow him sef?, cant he go alone ! ".

All these were the thoughts running through my mind amidst panting. cheesycheesy

"Ahn fie Armed Robber!! shockedshocked "

I told my uncle in Yagba Language which translates to

"They said Armed Robber!!"

I thought he didnt hear the person that told us, because he was calmed, not even slowing down the car! cheesycheesy

But, really in my mind, what I was saying was "Didnt you hear what was said, which part did you miss !"

Adrenaline started taking over. In a twinkle of an eye, I removed the seat belt, praaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

By that time, he should be going about 100km/h.

We are not going to run into this people, I thought.

Swiftly after removing the seat belt, I opened the car's door.

Forestmode on my mind wink.

He had to quickly park the car,.

I chuckled in my mind, you thought I wont jump abi?? , I thought. cheesy
Re: Journey To Edo by Nobody: 10:06pm On Oct 27, 2013
Its the final day(27th Oct., 23:59)
Dear friends, Please Vote for me (Stardom Artiste Contest) online

Click here, like and vote YES

Thank you
Re: Journey To Edo by jhydebaba(m): 1:03am On Nov 02, 2013
Hmmmm, so where is the armed robber
Re: Journey To Edo by Emmyk(m): 8:09am On Nov 02, 2013
jhydebaba: Hmmmm, so where is the armed robber
That's coming out in part III cheesycheesy
Re: Journey To Edo by jhydebaba(m): 6:43pm On Nov 02, 2013
⌣┈̥-̶̯͡»̶̥·̵̭̌✽̤̥̈̊☺ķªª¥.̤̥̈̊·̵̭̌»̶̥-̶̯͡┈̥. Oh!
Re: Journey To Edo by jhydebaba(m): 5:09am On Nov 17, 2013
Na wah oh bros!!! U sure say u complete this ur journey
Re: Journey To Edo by Emmyk(m): 6:50am On Nov 17, 2013
Hahahahahaha. Sure I did. I promise to complete it after service today. winkcheesy

I dont mean the Journey; but the story.
Re: Journey To Edo by Emmyk(m): 5:47pm On Nov 17, 2013
Okay. smiley

While the car was about stopping totally, he swerved to the left, hereby making a U-turn, we were then heading back to where we are coming from.

After the turn, we were facing Policemenm apparently they know what's going on just ahead.

This guys didnt go clear the road, they chilled for some minutes, because of you-know-why. cheesy

Anyways, the went later on, like 5-10minutes later, they returned.

Then our Journey continued.

Uncle looked at me, and was like

"When things like this happen, you have to calm. What if you had jumped to the bush, and the armed robbers saw and chased you?"

Like 5minutes drive, he drove into a filling station. To get fuel. A lady approached him and said,

"Daddy, please are you going to Ajaokuta? I want a ride, we were just robbed." sad

eyah, I said in my mind.

We hit back the road, with Uncle telling me every notable place we get too, then got to Auchi.

I was excited, waiting to see Edo people, how they look (eventhough I have many Edo state friends), see their eyeballs, because most of them that I know, are having bulgy eyeballs. cheesycheesy

We got to the house are to sleep.
Okay, I was disappointed, because I didnt see any bulgy eyeball(s).

My uncle introduced me to the family, "this is my nephew, He's in KSU, blah blah blah.

I looked at the couples, not knowing wah to say, smiling like a dumb ::a::s::s::

Anyways, night came, the woman gave me plenty food sha. She's a nice woman. smiley

It was very cold when night came.

Uncle and I slept on same bed, I prayed to God not to let me mistakenly kick the old man while we are sleeping embarassed cheesy

Morning came, used hot water to bathe, ate.

Then we returned to Ajaokuta.

Okay, I snapped pictures with some guys there, I snapped the Governor's house, those are evidences to show people later, that me too went to Auchi oooo. cheesycheesy

(1) (Reply)

Stolen Android (F7) Phone At Ketu Bus Stop This Morning / My Story: "How I Was Raped By A Woman" - A Man Recounts His Ordeal / Auto Changeover, Switch From Gen. To Phcn Itself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.