Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,181 members, 7,897,032 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 07:17 AM

What's Your Take On This? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What's Your Take On This? (880 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your Take On This? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jul 08, 2008
Re: What's Your Take On This? by sistawoman: 7:54pm On Jul 08, 2008
I for one have a hard time asking for money from my own husband let alone his brothers. I think it is highly inapproiate to borrow money from your brother-in-law. That speaks to one of two things the brothers in ababilityo provide for his wife or the wives ininabilityo live within her allowance.

Please ladies don't jump on the word allowance it is simply used to mean what is left after bills that is available for the woman to spend. For instance in my home our money is deposited into one bank account, my husband takes care of the bills and transfers to my private acount a set amount monthly. That money is used for anything personal that I want to do, a new outfit, girls night out or just saving. I have so far been just saving the money because he provides for everything by paying the credit cards i can then spend for my nails or outfits for us to go out. But if i wanted something special i would need to pay for that out of my money. Now what was the topic.

No she should not be borrowing money from her brother in law and should not be telling him about her past escapades. That is something that should be kept private.
Re: What's Your Take On This? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jul 08, 2008
Thanks sistawoman.

The husband provides for the family. But the problem is that the husband thinks the woman is a spendthrift. So she tries to hide some spending when she can. Since I don't think I want to be privy to anything she's hiding from her husband so I just give the money and turn my face.

By the way if another borrowing comes along, should I just say "no", give an excuse or what?
Re: What's Your Take On This? by sistawoman: 8:14pm On Jul 08, 2008
You should address this issue right away with your brother. It is important that he understands what his wife is doing. Maybe he needs to increase her allowance so that she can get what she needs. Maybe she does not know how to go to her husband and ask him, so you can help your sister-in-law with that.

You want to be sure that you let the husband know it is not a problem but just that he should be aware.

If you dont want to go to your brother because you are stay FOC then just make an excuse next time, claim not to have the money and after a few more tries she should stop asking.
Re: What's Your Take On This? by ima1(f): 8:16pm On Jul 08, 2008
i think she is just greedy, stop giving her any money or buying anything. play broke or she will run you dry
Re: What's Your Take On This? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jul 08, 2008
I really don't want to get in between husband and wife o. The husband is my own wife's brother. So na me nor suppose dey their house.

ima1:

i think she is just greedy, stop giving her any money or buying anything. play broke or she will run you dry

She really can not run me dry. I'm just bothered about the unnecessary closeness/indebtedness that the liaison can engender.
Re: What's Your Take On This? by ima1(f): 8:27pm On Jul 08, 2008
then create distance between you guys b4 you guys do something stupid. you have a wife no need to be close to another man's wife. if she starts to talk, excuse yourself and find something else to do, stop being the listening ear
Re: What's Your Take On This? by ireke(m): 12:44pm On Jul 10, 2008
So?

(1) (Reply)

Birthday Gift For A Chic / Communication Between Loved Ones / Beauty Vs. Brains

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.