Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,100 members, 7,903,579 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 04:19 PM

Is It Possible To Change What God Knows? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Possible To Change What God Knows? (612 Views)

Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? / God knows I love Frank / Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible To Change What God Knows? by Imobus: 1:13pm On Oct 26, 2013
Let's start a debate on a premise assuming that God created us and does exist.

Is it possible to change what God knows? if God already knows your destiny what can you possibly do to change that?

Does it matter what we do? Will the end result will always be the same?

Let's hear from you..

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Change What God Knows? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Oct 26, 2013
A bit confused at the question you asked but I presume you are asking whether we can perform an action that will be outside God's knowledge. If this is what you are asking then the answer is NO!!!
Re: Is It Possible To Change What God Knows? by PastorOluT(m): 2:01pm On Oct 26, 2013
I agree with striktlymi if that's ur question. But if ur question is if destiny can be altered then I would have said this as I did in another post;

It is paradoxical n no one can claim perfect understanding to this just like the trinity, God predetermined our lives yet gave us freewill that ultimately leads to our end/destinations.

God intended (predestined) all to be saved according to the scriptures bt many ended up in Hell as a result of their choices. God wanted we all to be comfortable n not lack bt that's not d case.

The problem started from the Garden of Eden, the bible says if the foundation be destroyed what can the righteous do? The truth was that as a result of thar action in Eden the plans of God was disrupted bt never to be defeated.

Sincerely we should not disturb ourselves with such questions since we already know the will of God for us all, all we need do is accept His free gift Jesus as our Lord n savior n live for Him daily. When we do this we already know our end 'cos we will be saved n safe from whatsoever!
Re: Is It Possible To Change What God Knows? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Oct 26, 2013
Pastor Olu T: I agree with striktlymi if that's ur question. But if ur question is if destiny can be altered then I would have said this as I did in another post;

It is paradoxical n no one can claim perfect understanding to this just like the trinity, God predetermined our lives yet gave us freewill that ultimately leads to our end/destinations.

God intended (predestined) all to be saved according to the scriptures bt many ended up in Hell as a result of their choices. God wanted we all to be comfortable n not lack bt that's not d case.

The problem started from the Garden of Eden, the bible says if the foundation be destroyed what can the righteous do? The truth was that as a result of thar action in Eden the plans of God was disrupted bt never to be defeated.

Sincerely we should not disturb ourselves with such questions since we already know the will of God for us all, all we need do is accept His free gift Jesus as our Lord n savior n live for Him daily. When we do this we already know our end 'cos we will be saved n safe from whatsoever!

Nigguh why are you contradicting your self you said bible god wants this he wants that is it that his want cannot be met for everyone i.e his want of wanting everyone to go to heaven can't be met, is that wat you're saying? he his suppose to be God you know , is it that his wants can't be met?
Re: Is It Possible To Change What God Knows? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Oct 26, 2013
double post.
Re: Is It Possible To Change What God Knows? by PastorOluT(m): 9:13pm On Oct 26, 2013
Nolongthing1:

Nigguh why are you contradicting your self you said bible god wants this he wants that is it that his want cannot be met for everyone i.e his want of wanting everyone to go to heaven can't be met, is that wat you're saying? he his suppose to be God you know , is it that his wants can't be met?

I believe what d word paradox means?
Re: Is It Possible To Change What God Knows? by PastorOluT(m): 9:17pm On Oct 26, 2013
Nolongthing1:

I believe u understand what the word paradox means? It explains my stance, n besides u have to be spiritually inclined or simply put, spiritual to get this!
Re: Is It Possible To Change What God Knows? by Nobody: 9:19am On Oct 27, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

I believe u understand what the word paradox means? It explains my stance, n besides u have to be spiritually inclined or simply put, spiritual to get this!

Give simple and straight forward answers is it that his wants can't be fulfilled for everyone with respect to making heaven?
Re: Is It Possible To Change What God Knows? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Oct 31, 2013
bump!!!
Re: Is It Possible To Change What God Knows? by PastorOluT(m): 7:50pm On Oct 31, 2013
Nolongthing1:

Give simple and straight forward answers is it that his wants can't be fulfilled for everyone with respect to making heaven?

Kk let me make it simple enough. When we talk of His predetermined will which for all to be saved, but it happened that in the Garden of Eden decided to be independent. Now 'cos of the freewill, there was little God could do bt allow him to continue till He provided a way out which was still based on choice if man actually want out.

Right now everything is based on choice, though God wills n desire we all be saved bt He still could not tamper with our freewill. Whatever choice we make we reap the consequences, bt 'cos God is omniscient He knows each end bt that doesn't mean He influenced it.

My advice to u is not to disturb urself much with this bt to exercise the power of ur freewill, accept Jesus today n be saved n ur end is sure in Heaven, bt reject Him today n be damned in Hell?

The choice is urs bro

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Would Have Disintegrated But For Prayers Of Religious Oragantion-gej / He Shall Speak Peace / Is Free Internet Browsing A Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.