Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,132 members, 7,943,083 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 04:01 AM

Do You Believe In Generational Curses. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Believe In Generational Curses. (13241 Views)

Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses / Prophet TB Joshua Curses Zimbabweans For Spreading Lies Against Him / How Pastors Receive CURSES - T.B. Joshua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by tpia5: 9:57pm On Oct 27, 2013
obviously the same marabouts who told somebody's ancestor to harm the albino boy, were also the ones who also ensured the descendants would never know anything but poverty.

some secrets are actually not so secret, thats why its said ohun ti oju eniyan o ri, oju Olorun to.

if the story is true that is.

So, the issue here is not to feel smug because you heard a super story which you think entitles you to judge others (are you indian?), but rather, know whoever is encouraging you to do evil, will also work towards your downfall.
Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by delpee(f): 10:52pm On Oct 27, 2013
Curses exist but can be broken by a strong believer. That's why you have deliverance for those who can't fight their battles alone.
Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by viski: 5:20pm On Oct 28, 2013
viexcey: If there's no generational curse, why is the sins of adam and eve still affecting us? What happened to HAM (Noah's youngest son) when he saw his father's unclothedness(genesis 9:18-28 and genesis 10). From there you will see that ham generations are still suffering till now.
This life is a mystery, there are some things we don't understand as humans. If there is no generational curse, i don't think Jesus christ will come and bore our curse on the cross because through one man(Adam)sins spread to the world and through one man (Jesus christ) we are save.
In conclusion, there are curses that are passed from fore fathers to their children(but Jesus has bore that curse if you believe in him, you will be free) and there are blessings that are pass through fore fathers. Jesus christ is the answer to all problems,accept him and you will be made whole.
O ti fo si tutu wewe, you have broken it down to bits and pieces. Is there generational curses? Yes. Can it be broken? Yes. For further study, read Ezekiel 18. God bless you.
Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by dyfatai(m): 5:27pm On Oct 28, 2013
ISLAM answers all questions. The ones our forefathers asked and d ones our grand children will ask. So here is wot d Holy Quran says

"Say: "Am I, then, to seek a sustainer other than God,
when He is the Sustainer of all things?" And whatever
[wrong] any human being commits rests upon himself
alone; and no bearer of burdens shall be made to
bear another's burden. [163] And, in time, unto your
Sustainer you all must return: and then He will make you.
[truly] understand all that on which you were wont to
differ. [164]"

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by tomakint: 9:45pm On Oct 28, 2013
Mutaino7: Yeap there is generational curse. In the bible jacob cursed reuben, simeon and levi...... In later years their descendants. More prefably moses suffered the curse of generational anger(levi). Go once said "I will visit the iniquity of the father even to the fourth generation".
May God in His infinite Mercies grant you the requests of your heart and continue to Bless you. You will live long and enjoy your life in abundance of good things of LIFE (AMEN)! Thank you!
Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by Afodot0022(m): 4:20pm On Oct 29, 2013
i pity u all dat says no generation curse.. even if u are in christ,u are still vulnerable to it but being in christ gives us victory to break nd overcome every curse through the blood of Jesus..... wat can u say abt a family in which there is a particular height of progress they can reach and if any one intent to go beyond falls down flat... some families are cursed with barreness, madness,poverty and so on... it takes only the grace of God for deliverance... i can remember sometin that happened to us then,i have a sis that finished sch and luckily get a good job. she was making it until she started having problems that makes her insane..... same thing happened to me when i finished mu sch, i got a good job.. unfortunately things started happening. problems upon problems that almost made me insane if not for praying and christ. i myself would have bn insane... so c wat am talking about.. this is a curse that have bn placed that anyone that try to succeed will fall.. so pls and pls, there are generational curse and ur being in christ does not make u not vulnerable but will make u stand against it and also victorious... even several pastors have there own share of it too.. even some pastors experience it intensely than their members....

signature.....
smooth
Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by tpia5: 7:43pm On Oct 29, 2013
I think the most important thing is with all one's getting, get God.
Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by Ishilove: 8:20pm On Oct 29, 2013
tpia@:
obviously the same marabouts who told somebody's ancestor to harm the albino boy, were also the ones who also ensured the descendants would never know anything but poverty.

some secrets are actually not so secret, thats why its said ohun ti oju eniyan o ri, oju Olorun to.

if the story is true that is.

So, the issue here is not to feel smug because you heard a super story which you think entitles you to judge others (are you indian?), but rather, know whoever is encouraging you to do evil, will also work towards your downfall.
Tpia@, you are entitled to your own opinion. Your disbelief or otherwise doesn't change the fact that generational curses are as real as the reality of the existence of evil.
Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by tpia5: 1:39am On Oct 30, 2013
^there's generational curse, but your example doesnt explain why the west continues to prosper after ravaging africa and why africa remains in the doldrums after centuries of ravaging.

or does generational curse apply only to voodoo practicing black africans?

also going by your example, secret societies should be the poorest in africa, this again is not so. The former slave traders are actually the richest now.

last but not least, why is prosperity measured by your ability to get a visa overseas? Rhetorical question.
Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by tpia5: 1:47am On Oct 30, 2013
in addition:

gal 3:10

For all who rely on works of the law are under a curse; for it is written, “Cursed be everyone who does not abide by all things written in the Book of the Law, and do them.”

13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us
Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by Ukutsgp(m): 8:18am On Nov 03, 2013
Whether you believe it or nt. Generational curse exist
Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by Ukutsgp(m): 5:28pm On Nov 07, 2013
Only God can rescue us

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do You Believe In God? / Happy Birthday To Bishop David Oyedepo / Does The Church I Attend Matter?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.