Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,581 members, 7,941,212 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 08:12 PM

Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good (6168 Views)

The Internet Brings More Harm Than Good / Mr Seun Osewa: Sexkillz Is Of More Harm To You Than Gud. / Whch Girl On Nairaland Has The Best Personality? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by Nobody: 9:27pm On Oct 27, 2013
russellino:

Whatever dude. Run round in circles if that's your hobby. If person yab u make u yab am back you hear?? Don't hide behind pics of dying kids. Be a man and have the decency to yab like one.

How I respond to your attacks is up to me. If you live in a glass house, I would advise you to desist from throwing stones.
Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by LajaLaba: 9:28pm On Oct 27, 2013
Very funny thread....but u Ibo guys started all this first?the way some of guys reason is something else...Can anyone of u tell me who founded NCNC that brought Zik of Africa to the political arena? I have found more than 3 Ibo guys that hold elective post in South west....They contested elections and won.....so tell me where is the hatred?this is not 1960 but 2013 u lots better wake up from your slumber!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:30pm On Oct 27, 2013
Aigbofa:

I understand what your people went through. But how did it translate to eternal hatred some of your people have for Yoruba? One just referred to some phantom enemy. I am grateful too that I did not experience the war, I was not even born yet. But the way some of your people carry on here is a if the civil war is still raging and every Yoruba is their foe.

Show me one thing that shows that yorubas are not our enemies? All their actions are against us. Born of hatred.

Igbos have been showing love to the yorubas over the years but we are rewarded with hatred. What have yoruba people ever done for Igbo people apart from engineering genocide, deporting them in their so called own country, aligning with the northerners against them, always criticising Igbo ministers, etc, etc, etc!

Just tell me one good thing yorubas have ever done for Igbos!

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:33pm On Oct 27, 2013
Laja Laba: Very funny thread....but u Ibo guys started all this first?the way some of guys reason is something else...Can anyone of u tell me who founded NCNC that brought Zik of Africa to the political arena? I have found more than 3 Ibo guys that hold elective post in South west....They contested elections and won.....so tell me where is the hatred?this is not 1960 but 2013 u lots better wake up from your slumber!

It was out of love that we sent competent Igbos to hold administrative posts in your land during the sixties when your indegenes were found wanting. But seeing the way you repayed us, we have learnt our lessons.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by Nobody: 9:35pm On Oct 27, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Show me one thing that shows that yorubas are not our enemies? All their actions are against us. Born of hatred.

Igbos have been showing love to the yorubas over the years but we are rewarded with hatred. What have yoruba people ever done for Igbo people apart from engineering genocide, deporting them in their so called own country, aligning with the northerners against them, always criticising Igbo ministers, etc, etc, etc!

Look around you, the biggest concentration of Ibos outside of Iboland is in Yorubaland. And NO Ibos has ever been attacked for being an Ibo in Yorubaland, ever!
There are many good things Yoruba have done for Ibos. I can name many, but we owe you nothing.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by seanet01: 9:37pm On Oct 27, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

I cannot remember the last time Yorubas turned you igbos into barbecue like hausa normally do
Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by eaglechild: 9:44pm On Oct 27, 2013
Demdem: There is nothing wrong being tribal. what is wrong is what one does with it.

To show you how ridiculous you sound substitute tribal with racist.
Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:46pm On Oct 27, 2013
Aigbofa:

Look around you, the biggest concentration of Ibos outside of Iboland is in Yorubaland. And NO Ibos has ever been attacked for being an Ibo in Yorubaland, ever!
There are many good things Yoruba have done for Ibos. I can name many, but we owe you nothing.

You see, you cannot even name 1 single thing.

Us being in Lagos has nothing to do with yoruba goodness. It's just what we do: we are everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:47pm On Oct 27, 2013
seanet01:
I cannot remember the last time Yorubas turned you igbos into barbecue like hausa normally do

Still can't name one good thing to Igbos from yorubas. Or are you saying that your incapacity to attack us is the good thing?
Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by Demdem(m): 9:47pm On Oct 27, 2013
eaglechild:

can u substitute mango with banana? stop sounding foolish. why should i substitute the above? Tribal bigotry is what we all should be against and not being proud of ones identity.
Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:49pm On Oct 27, 2013
eaglechild:

Why substitute it with racist? Why not substitute it with human?
Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by Nobody: 9:49pm On Oct 27, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by Nobody: 9:50pm On Oct 27, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

You see, you cannot even name 1 single thing.

Us being in Lagos has nothing to do with yoruba goodness. It's just what we do: we are everywhere.

What exactly do we owe you? There are Ibos also in Oyo, Ondo, Ogun, everywhere. Why don't you start by saying one thing Ibos have done for Yoruba.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by Rhino5dm: 9:58pm On Oct 27, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

It was out of love that we sent competent Igbos to hold administrative posts in your land during the sixties when your indegenes were found wanting. But seeing the way you repayed us, we have learnt our lessons.

Just shut your trap!

Sending competent ibos to hold administrative posts? Which posts are you talking about? ?? Part of the lies fed to you from childhood?

A Yoruba man became a barrister in 1800 when the most civilized Ibo man is still wrestling with monkeys in the jungle. keep deluding yourself.

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by oilsuop: 9:59pm On Oct 27, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

Just shut your trap!

Sending competent ibos to hold administrative posts? Which posts are you talking about? ?? Part of the lies fed to you from childhood?

A Yoruba man became a barrister in 1800 when the most civilized Ibo man is still wrestling with monkeys in the jungle. keep deluding yourself.
grin grin
Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:00pm On Oct 27, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

Just shut your trap!

Can you please calm down and try and be civil.
Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by sammy329(m): 10:01pm On Oct 27, 2013
Tolexander: why?

I don't really take things here on nairaland serious anyway, maybe because I hardly read posts below my posts unless being quoted.
My sig is my watchword anyway.

If you leave, i will go on hunger strike and won't eat until you are back.
most people fighting e-war are not even nigeria
Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by Nobody: 10:04pm On Oct 27, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Still can't name one good thing to Igbos from yorubas. Or are you saying that your incapacity to attack us is the good thing?
while all your leaders were hiding in under ground bunkers, wole soyinka a yoruba man was languishing in jail for twenty two month because of biafra

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by sammy329(m): 10:05pm On Oct 27, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Almost every one of them. Starting from dayokanu to ilugunboy, passing by shymex and desola. All of them.
hypocrisy what about u, willy, freeglobe, babyosisi, tomakint, dozzybaba, cashkid, chukwudi 44, arsexy, chino, passion007 etc bloody tribalist

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by Lagosbabe1: 10:14pm On Oct 27, 2013
Aigbofa:

What exactly do we owe you? There are Ibos also in Oyo, Ondo, Ogun, everywhere. Why don't you start by saying one thing Ibos have done for Yoruba.

This is a key question that ibos must answer- what do Yorubas owe you? What have you done for us?

It is not as if we have a symbiotic relationship- ibos populate the whole of the SW- from Akure, Abeokuta, Osogbo, Ekiti etc while the population of Yorubas in your towns and villages is insignificant and and at best negligible.

You do not have have any skills or resources we are benefiting from.

What exactly have we gained from Ibos?

5 Likes

Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:49pm On Oct 27, 2013
Aigbofa:

First of all, you owe us an apology. But that won't even be enough.

We made Lagos what it is today. Selflessly. We are developing this country single handedly.
You owe us adoration. After seizing our millions in banks, you gave us 20 pounds each and we still come and but lands in ogun and ondo states. Thus sustaining your people. What did you people do with all those stolen millions? Owambe parties?
You owe us servitude. For the amount of development we bring to your place, you should be telling us "thank you" everyday.

We have only been good to you. But always repay with hatred.

6 Likes

Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by sammy329(m): 10:59pm On Oct 27, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

First of all, you owe us an apology. But that won't even be enough.

We made Lagos what it is today. Selflessly. We are developing this country single handedly.
You owe us adoration. After seizing our millions in banks, you gave us 20 pounds each and we still come and but lands in ogun and ondo states. Thus sustaining your people. What did you people do with all those stolen millions? Owambe parties?
You owe us servitude. For the amount of development we bring to your place, you should be telling us "thank you" everyday.

We have only been good to you. But always repay with hatred.
this is what i hate about most igbos feeling that they are important and saviour

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:02pm On Oct 27, 2013
sammy329: this is what i hate about most igbos feeling that they are important and saviour

Says it all. You guys are full of hate for Igbos.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by sammy329(m): 11:04pm On Oct 27, 2013
Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by Nobody: 11:08pm On Oct 27, 2013
Nairaland wud always have the population BUT never the SUBSTANCE
QUANTITY QUALITY
Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by Nobody: 11:33pm On Oct 27, 2013
@seanet01,

Why are you taking offense to tribalism being described as foolishness? Are tribal bigots intelligent people?

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by Nobody: 11:44pm On Oct 27, 2013
Summary:

Some particular group started a denigrating e-campaign against a group that continuously let it 'slide'.

Now, the latter group has woken up and proceeded to dishing blows and vile retributions to the former.

These reprisals seem to be taking a toll and becoming in-surmountable. Hence, the back-pedalling and scape-goating their public figures who publicized their views which they previously jeered on which was prevalent on a thread yesterday and now this thread where they are starting to act like they are being victimized and trying to act 'civil' while trying to paint the retaliating group as the criminal.

Now I see they're throwing 'you hate us' tantrum. Why didn't they think of this when they smeared google and yahoo groups with derogatry threads and posting?

Talking about getting served.

7 Likes

Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by theoctopus: 11:45pm On Oct 27, 2013
sexkillz: We know there are tribalists from all ethnic groups and we are dealing with them. It's just a matter of time. We have started frustrating their lives so they have no choice other than to amend their ways, or deactivate their accounts out of frustration.

Help us fight tribalists by reporting them promptly rather than responding to their inherent foolishness.

I am sorry, but I will call you out on this one. You people created this kind of environment for tribalism. You created the platform for bigots to reign. You profited from the traffic. It is a BIG SHAME! You should stop acting the victim. You mods are the problem of NL. Tell Seun, he has succeeded in creating a bad name for himself.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:46pm On Oct 27, 2013
better to be tribal than naive.
Naivety have hurt Igbos a lot.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by theoctopus: 11:49pm On Oct 27, 2013
Demdem:

can u substitute mango with banana? stop sounding foolish. why should i substitute the above? Tribal bigotry is what we all should be against and not being proud of ones identity.

You have never been intelligent and you seem to be getting worse by the day. Just imagine the kind of crap you post. Very low stuff

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

New Nairaland Features to Attract Your Friends? / Sad Story Of The World's Hairiest Family (PHOTOS) / Who Is More Handsome Btw Desmond Elliot N Jim Iyke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.