Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,581 members, 7,941,212 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 08:13 PM

Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good (6168 Views)

The Internet Brings More Harm Than Good / Mr Seun Osewa: Sexkillz Is Of More Harm To You Than Gud. / Whch Girl On Nairaland Has The Best Personality? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by biafranqueen: 2:45am On Oct 29, 2013
Sam xiu lee: What a funny thread,there is nothing wrong with being an ethnic tribalist,being a bigot is the main problem,Tribalism implies the possession of a strong cultural or ethnic identity that separates one member of a group from the members of another group. It is a precondition for members of a tribe to possess a strong feeling of identity for a true tribal society to form.
yes so we should stop using tribalistic and instead say prejudice or as you implied being a bigot, great point that you made and Shymexx made.
Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by biafranqueen: 2:47am On Oct 29, 2013
ogugua88: Queen.
and you really are kiss
Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by cKaiser: 2:56am On Oct 29, 2013
Its only one tribe in Nigeria that keeps whining about everyone hating them

If its not Hausa, Its Yoruba its middle belt, Its Ikwerre, Its Ijaws

Everyone is always hating and jealous of the black Jews

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by honeric01(m): 4:44am On Oct 29, 2013
Biafra means anti-nigeria and anything that has to do with nigeria. If you believe in biafra, you automatically hate nigeria and her components @biafraqueen.

@topic
igbos and yorubas on nl are the two major groups that won't let the rest of nigeria rest without fighting eachother.
If you also think its just online, then you're deluding yourself, let me give you tips, if you're outside Nigeria, then visit nigeriainfo.net, listen to their program hardfact when issues in nigeria are being discussed, you'd be shocked at how alot of callers view issues based on ethnic colouration.
Also look at how 'bodies' support suspected corrupt officials just because of their names and origin.
Wake up now, the major tribes are in no way happy with eachother and they're gradually pulling other tribes into this hate mess!
Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by Rhino5dm: 6:03am On Oct 29, 2013
ogugua88: @seanet01,

Why are you taking offense to tribalism being described as foolishness? Are tribal bigots intelligent people?

Shut up you ugly thing!

What is tribalism? Declaring Love for my people against some backstabbing, aggressive loudmouthed cave dwelling evolving apes?

Really? I was told Seun's toothless dog is monitoring me? How can you possibly stop a man like me with soooooooo much money from posting here? With over 10 active monikers and ability to buy 1000000 Iphone 5s at ago? #NoWay!

The longest time Mukina2 stopped me from posting here was 5 seconds and that was 4 years ago. What will I do, if you restrict Rhino.5dm from posting after this post? I will simply continue posting cos, I have 3 active monikers ON THIS THREAD ALREADY!

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by ektbear: 8:01am On Oct 29, 2013
Nairaland has helped me understand Nigeria and Nigerians better w/o having to physically be there.

It has done me a great deal of good.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by Nobody: 11:16am On Oct 29, 2013
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:24pm On Oct 29, 2013
ogugua88:

Well, that's your experience. No one has ever wronged me. Even if someone did, I wouldn't hate a whole region or tribe because of the actions of one or a few. My parents raised me better than that.

Ogugua, you can talk because you are in the US.
Go and speak to the Igbo guy that has a very high score in JAMB but is refused entry while the Northerner that failed woefully is allowed entry.
Go and speak to Ijaw people whose land has been laid to waste by northerners that are only interested in taking oil.
You just come and stay. You have never lived the Nigerian life.
Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:27pm On Oct 29, 2013
9jacrip:

You've evaded my questions, please attend to them.
I guess the Americans/Canadians etc are not traveling because they're lazy? Your East is a cursed land this is why you lot troop out en-masse.
you can buy the land but when the D-Day comes please peel the lands and take them with you smiley. And no, my relatives have not sold lands to your ilks even though you lot are much in my hometown - my family land as huge as it is, is solely reserved for its members both at home and diaspora so no need to swear.

Why do you say Americans/Canadians and then compare with Igbos? Is Igboland a country? Why don't you compare Americans with Nigerians? Or has your typical food affected you to the point of no logic?

Maybe your relatives are ashamed of telling you of the lands they sold or their land has no value and is of little interest to anybody.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by Nobody: 2:03pm On Oct 29, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: Ogugua, you can talk because you are in the US.
Go and speak to the Igbo guy that has a very high score in JAMB but is refused entry while the Northerner that failed woefully is allowed entry.
Go and speak to Ijaw people whose land has been laid to waste by northerners that are only interested in taking oil.
You just come and stay. You have never lived the Nigerian life.

Sure, that happens, but that still isn't enough for me. I've heard and experienced all sorts from different kinds of people. Maybe it's because I came to the realization that that's a people problem rather than a tribal one. Oh well.
Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by Nobody: 2:12pm On Oct 29, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Why do you say Americans/Canadians and then compare with Igbos? Is Igboland a country? Why don't you compare Americans with Nigerians? Or has your typical food affected you to the point of no logic?

Maybe your relatives are ashamed of telling you of the lands they sold or their land has no value and is of little interest to anybody.

Firstly, let's dead the talk related to my family. If you must know my hometown is populated with Hausa who occupy mostly the markets and the Igbos who occupy the boutiques, electronics, markets etc. And these people all need lands/houses to occupy -

Secondly: don't y'all regard east as Biafra, in essence a country? You lot are funny. So even if you people have a country today you still wouldn't be able to stay put!

Don't try to wiggle through the questions, answer them!

Some of your people are here forming 'de-tribalized' when the foremost man from the east - Achebe already voiced your dislike towards Yoruba and contempt for the Hausa? Which was recently echoed by your socio-cultural group and political leaders? It is no use trying to douse the rude-awakening going on in the West. You people should live with it. And if it happens it boils down to getting sliced and diced like it happens in the North then its good luck to you all. The unabated slaughtering and confrontation with the Hausa and Fulani in the west recently should give you a hint there's something changing - I pray your people won't have to go through that because then you'll whine about being victimized when it is plain you brought it upon yourselves.
Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by HopeAtHand: 3:25pm On Oct 29, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

First of all, you owe us an apology. But that won't even be enough.

We made Lagos what it is today. Selflessly. We are developing this country single handedly.
You owe us adoration. After seizing our millions in banks, you gave us 20 pounds each and we still come and but lands in ogun and ondo states. Thus sustaining your people. What did you people do with all those stolen millions? Owambe parties?
You owe us servitude. For the amount of development we bring to your place, you should be telling us "thank you" everyday.

We have only been good to you. But always repay with hatred.

You represent everything wrong with igbos.can u listen to urself...they owe u adoration, they owe you servitude.

you move en masse to peoples towns, constitute yourselves to the nuisance you normally are,yet they still accomodate you and your excesses and instead of being grateful for reception and tolerance you type that rubbish??

Igbos neva fall short of foolish arrogance.
Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by austinkenneth: 3:41pm On Oct 29, 2013
I am writing a book about tribalism and ethnicity on Nairaland. I thought it wise to announce it now because I have copied most of the material I need form this site.

By the time I finish the synthesis, you'll all be surprised at what you'll see.

Nairaland has done far more good than harm. It has helped us see that there is a ticking time bomb in the country.
The question should not be whether tribalism exists or not but how to handle and defuse it in whatever situation.
If something bad happens , thanks to Nairaland, we would not say we didn't see it coming or that we were not warned.

I see clearly that ethnic and tribal sentiments have to be understood and ADDRESSED with in my business in which I involve a lot of diverse people.

I never knew hate is still lurking around until I came here.

To thank Nairaland, I want to say: THANKS FOR WARNING ME(from Justin Timberlake and Jay-z's Holy Grail)
Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by AlfaSeltzer(m): 3:53pm On Oct 29, 2013
ogugua88:

Sure, that happens, but that still isn't enough for me. I've heard and experienced all sorts from different kinds of people. Maybe it's because I came to the realization that that's a people problem rather than a tribal one. Oh well.

I'm not surprised seeing your previous utterances about Biafra and Boko Haram. Injustice against Igbos is not enough for you but when we shout about it, you have a problem with us. In US, they call what you are drinking Kool Aid. Here we call it oily soup.
Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by AlfaSeltzer(m): 3:57pm On Oct 29, 2013
Hope.At.Hand:

You represent everything wrong with igbos.can u listen to urself...they owe u adoration, they owe you servitude.

you move en masse to peoples towns, constitute yourselves to the nuisance you normally are,yet they still accomodate you and your excesses and instead of being grateful for reception and tolerance you type that rubbish??

Igbos neva fall short of foolish arrogance.

We can afford to be proud. You can call it arrogance or whatever you want. Let's see your people survive and prosper with only 20 pounds each.

We are a great nation with our heads held high. We refused to be wiped out. We resisted the whole western world for almost three years and are today occupying the lands of the so called "no victors". We are proud.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by Nobody: 4:10pm On Oct 29, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: I'm not surprised seeing your previous utterances about Biafra and Boko Haram. Injustice against Igbos is not enough for you but when we shout about it, you have a problem with us. In US, they call what you are drinking Kool Aid. Here we call it oily soup.

No. I have a problem with bigotry and people dancing around the truth.
Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by HopeAtHand: 4:16pm On Oct 29, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

We can afford to be proud. You can call it arrogance or whatever you want. Let's see your people survive and prosper with only 20 pounds each.

We are a great nation with our heads held high. We refused to be wiped out. We resisted the whole western world for almost three years and are today occupying the lands of the so called "no victors". We are proud.

credit to you igbos for picking up urselves and continuing with life after the war which was really the only option left also credit shud also go to d govt of the day for assimilating and reintegrating you guys back to the fold

so how does adoration and servitude come into focus??

or am i to believe you dnt knw d meaning of those words
Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by AlfaSeltzer(m): 4:20pm On Oct 29, 2013
ogugua88:

No. I have a problem with bigotry and people dancing around the truth.

Look in the mirror then.
Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by AlfaSeltzer(m): 4:26pm On Oct 29, 2013
Hope.At.Hand:

So how does owing you adoration and servitude come into play.

Because we are a great people.
Because we are a selfless people.
Go and look at Lagos. We developed it.
Go and look at Kano. We developed it.
Look at Abuja. We are developing it.

If not for jealousy backed by foreign arms, all other tribes should be worshipping us today. But instead they prefer to wallow in underdevelopment instead of allowing us to pull this country forward.

Anyway, we have learnt our lessons: these people do not deserve our goodness so we are done being nice and good to anybody. Now we give it fully. When they get tired of us, they will use the same mouth they used to shout "one nigeria" to call for separation. Shamelessly.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by HopeAtHand: 4:32pm On Oct 29, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Because we are a great people.
Because we are a selfless people.
Go and look at Lagos. We developed it.
Go and look at Kano. We developed it.
Look at Abuja. We are developing it.

If not for jealousy backed by foreign arms, all other tribes should be worshipping us today. But instead they prefer to wallow in underdevelopment instead of allowing us to pull this country forward.

Anyway, we have learnt our lessons: these people do not deserve our goodness so we are done being nice and good to anybody. Now we give it fully. When they get tired of us, they will use the same mouth they used to shout "one nigeria" to call for separation. Shamelessly.

For a people who claimed to hav developed lagos and kano,one would expect ur cities to be heaven..
but reverse is the case.

my friend,lying is a bad thing.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by AlfaSeltzer(m): 4:54pm On Oct 29, 2013
Hope.At.Hand:

For a people who claimed to hav developed lagos and kano,one would expect ur cities to be heaven..
but reverse is the case.

my friend,lying is a bad thing.

We know our history and the backstabbing we endured. The thousands of bombs sent our way did not explode mid air. They destroyed properties, but we have rebuilt. However, you coming to blame us for the failures of the ruling "no victors" is disingenuous.

However, we are getting there. Meanwhile we occupy your fatherland and any tampering will be met with appropriate response. Ask Borno people how Ihejirika is handling them.
Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by Nobody: 6:22pm On Oct 29, 2013
biafranqueen: and you really are kiss

Lol. Takes one to know one. wink
Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by Nobody: 6:24pm On Oct 29, 2013
biafranqueen: so when you read this in 2011 what did you do http://nigeriafilms.com/news/12969/4/

Does Biafra mean that all Other tribes suck? Did Biafra go to your town bombing and slaughtering your people. I know the history of Biafra my Dear, it was a time that Nigerians came together to protect the land and protect the Igbo people, it is a philosophy of ethnic pride not of hatred of other people in Africa. I will give you credit to say that I am tribalistic when it comes to the definition by English standard, because I am proud of our culture, heritage and I do have a strong sense of pride for my Igbo culture. But that does not give me the right to spew filth about other tribes and to stereotype them in negative ways. That is what we are discussing here the negative hateful energy that you and others continue to practice, it is not necessary to show pride in your tribe to put down other tribes!

cool
Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by Polio: 6:25pm On Oct 29, 2013
Probably yes, more harm than good... Same goes for all faceless forums outhere!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

New Nairaland Features to Attract Your Friends? / Sad Story Of The World's Hairiest Family (PHOTOS) / Who Is More Handsome Btw Desmond Elliot N Jim Iyke

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.