Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,775 members, 7,889,487 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 01:38 PM

2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee - Jobs/Vacancies (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee (1234179 Views)

Nigeria Liquefied Nigerian Gas (NLNG) Ongoing Recruitment / Vacancy At Nigeria Liquefied Nigerian Gas (NLNG) / Kpmg Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (349) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jun 30, 2014
DoTheNeedful:
are u a learner undecided ?. I was about going for nysc the last time NLNG advertised and i still meet their age requirement for this recruitment. No be everybody dey finish nysc at age 26 and above. I saw a lady at chams on the day i went to click the shl test that was born in 1993. Also recently, a guy of 24 years bagged a Ph.D from unilag.
do you follow , read and comprehend well ? We talking law and engineering courses in the federal institutions .. Not some 4 year uni course . Read well again.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by DoTheNeedful: 12:08pm On Jun 30, 2014
majekdom2: do you follow , read and comprehend well . We talking law and engineering courses in the federal institutions .. Not some 4 year uni course . Read well again.

My brother,i studied a 5-year course also cool. If I may ask ,what is the difference between 4 and 5 undecided? The fact is that more people are graduating from the universities at younger ages. When i was serving,a lady friend kiss of mine then clocked 21 during our service year and she studied electrical engr from fut-minnna + ASUU strike.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jun 30, 2014
DoTheNeedful:

My brother,i studied a 5-year course also cool. If I may ask ,what is the difference between 4 and 5 undecided? The fact is that more people are graduating from the universities at younger ages. When i was serving,a lady friend kiss of mine then clocked 21 during our service year and she studied electrical engr from fut-minnna + ASUU strike.
Ok , seen . Very well then , I will assume you and your friend perhaps got into uni at 14 or 15... Good for you. You said in an earlier post how you think you might not perform too well in the SHL . Well , I guess a reason is , you used the figure 4 instead of 5 while attempting some questions . I guess you can tell the difference between 4 and 5 now.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jun 30, 2014
A war is coming grin

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by airsaylongcon: 12:58pm On Jun 30, 2014
Mastersplinter: A war is coming grin
We don tire for war o!

3 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by DoTheNeedful: 1:09pm On Jun 30, 2014
majekdom2: Ok , seen . Very well then , I will assume you and your friend perhaps got into uni at 14 or 15... Good for you. You said in an earlier post how you think you might not perform too well in the SHL . Well , I guess a reason is , you used the figure 4 instead of 5 while attempting some questions . I guess you can tell the difference between 4 and 5 now.

Difference between 4 and 5 years? Check the part i highlighted in your post cool. I hope u are smart enough to understand the correlation between the diff between 4 and 5 and the area i highlighted in your post undecided.

I will not be dragging anything with you any further. You cant change the fact that many people are graduating from universities at 19,20 even those that studied 5 year courses. That u got admission at 21 will not erase that. Deal with it grin cheesy cool
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Aphrodite4(f): 1:27pm On Jun 30, 2014
Mastersplinter: A war is coming grin

*grabs seat* *starting up my camera app*

Itz Majekdom2 and DoTheNeedful abt to get into it..? Hope I've nt missed much..
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by DoTheNeedful: 1:28pm On Jun 30, 2014
majekdom2: Ok , seen . Very well then , I will assume you and your friend perhaps got into uni at 14 or 15... Good for you. You said in an earlier post how you think you might not perform too well in the SHL . Well , I guess a reason is , you used the figure 4 instead of 5 while attempting some questions . I guess you can tell the difference between 4 and 5 now.

Yes i wont pretend,i didnt perform well in the SHL test by my own standard and presumably the standard that should qualify people for the next stage but that does not mean u did better smiley wink cheesy grin grin cool

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jun 30, 2014
COMMENTRY:
We are in for a mouth waterin, tear sheddin, eye poppin clash betwn two contestants.

On my right is man known for his flair and cunnins, weighin 251 pounds... I GIVE You MAJEKDOM

On my left is a dude known for his outstandin speed heavy jabs, weighin 250 pounds... I GIVE You DoTheNeedFul.

ROUND 1:::: FIGHT!!!!

3 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jun 30, 2014
Aphrodite4:

*grabs seat* *starting up my camera app*

Itz Majekdom2 and DoTheNeedful abt to get into it..? Hope I've nt missed much..

Lol I'm beefing u too. U knoe why. cry
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jun 30, 2014
DoTheNeedful:

Yes i wont pretend,i didnt perform well in the SHL test by my own standard and presumably the standard that should qualify people for the next stage but that does not mean u did better smiley wink cheesy grin grin cool
*smiles*
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jun 30, 2014
airsay_long_con:
We don tire for war o!

Lol What can one do. Soon they will learn all the fancy words cannot get u a place in the hall of the gods (AC)
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by lammy2rule(m): 1:46pm On Jun 30, 2014
Grabs Seat... with my zobo and guguru

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jun 30, 2014
DoTheNeedful:

Difference between 4 and 5 years? Check the part i highlighted in your post cool. I hope u are smart enough to understand the correlation between the diff between 4 and 5 and the area i highlighted in your post undecided.

I will not be dragging anything with you any further. You cant change the fact that many people are graduating from universities at 19,20 even those that studied 5 year courses. That u got admission at 21 will not erase that. Deal with it grin cheesy cool
Hehehehe , relax bro , I no dey fight you. The fact that people graduate at 17 or 30 doesn't affect me in anyway. As long as I am balling and making my cheddas. And yea , I know you mean years , oh yes it is still numbering !if the age limit for a position is 4 and you are 5 , you aren't qualified .. Its so simple .. There is a always a difference btw Numbers. I was only trying to help the uniben guy who has just got his mind on NLNG. Kindly read thru again
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by DoTheNeedful: 1:54pm On Jun 30, 2014
majekdom2: *smiles* I didn't write the SHL
undecided
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by wanted(m): 1:56pm On Jun 30, 2014
Abeg this fight nor fit stop like this o when i don buy ticket finish.

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jun 30, 2014
DoTheNeedful:
undecided
oh yes , I didn't , not because I was unsuccessful in the first stage but my job didn't let me. you want a copy of my successmail and invite for the shl .. I ll let you have it *smiles* .do what is needed now.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jun 30, 2014
wanted: Abeg this fight nor fit stop like this o when i don buy ticket finish.
lols .. I no sabi fight ooo .. Abeg make una find another candidate.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by DoTheNeedful: 2:03pm On Jun 30, 2014
majekdom2:
Hehehehe , relax bro , I no dey fight you. The fact that people graduate at 17 or 30 doesn't affect me in anyway. As long as I am balling and making my cheddas. And yea , I know you mean years , oh yes it is still numbering !if the age limit for a position is 4 and you are 5 , you aren't qualified .. Its so simple .. There is a always a difference btw Numbers. I was only trying to help the uniben guy who have just got his mind on NLNG. Kindly read thru again

Ok..Not fighting u too. Just want you to realize that are always extremes in life and that you are not does not mean there is not. making cheddas is the real thing my brother smiley.

**Offers handshake** Anything for the boys? Good P.M

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jun 30, 2014
Mastersplinter:

hehehe.... She no gree for you abi *look further*
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by airsaylongcon: 2:08pm On Jun 30, 2014
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by DoTheNeedful: 2:15pm On Jun 30, 2014
airsay_long_con: Infact @Majek and @DoTheNeedful...Today today una must fight o! Nor fight nor fight una still dey do verbal pugilistics, right now today na today una must fight! We don draw d ring for ground...no stepping out start to dey blow unasef

Hmmm....Bros, "Blessed are the peace makers for they shall be called the sons of God.." No be me talk am o...na Jesus
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Aphrodite4(f): 2:22pm On Jun 30, 2014
Wait, wait.. I stepped out for one minute to get pop corn n sm soda and deez guys are already shaking hands??!!
What's the world coming to?

*winks*
(way to go, guys)
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by airsaylongcon: 2:22pm On Jun 30, 2014
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by DoTheNeedful: 2:34pm On Jun 30, 2014
airsay_long_con:

Shebi dem dey beg una sinceeeee una still dey jab, now wey ring don set una wan come shake hand? No oh...after wen dem don give una big big introductions weighing 250 and 25i pounds? after pipe don buy guguru cross leg? Oya even if una nor blow make una just dey push push na grin
wink
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by DoTheNeedful: 2:39pm On Jun 30, 2014
Aphrodite4: Wait, wait.. I stepped out for one minute to get pop corn n sm soda and deez guys are already shaking hands??!!

*winks*
(way to go, guys)

At the risk of being seen as a chauvinist angry, guys will always be guys wink
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by DoTheNeedful: 2:39pm On Jun 30, 2014
Aphrodite4: Wait, wait.. I stepped out for one minute to get pop corn n sm soda and deez guys are already shaking hands??!!

*winks*
(way to go, guys)

At the risk of being seen as a gender chauvinist angry, guys will always be guys wink
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jun 30, 2014
So una get stage fright like this ehn? una see crowd u turn to "handshakers"? it is well

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Aphrodite4(f): 3:51pm On Jun 30, 2014
Mastersplinter:

Umm, actually I don't.. Why d beef
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by mchenryspagg: 3:57pm On Jun 30, 2014
Abeg make una no vex say I wan change topic or rather focus....

I think this may help on Assessment centre test
good luck,
Hello. I'm also preparing for the next stage. Here's
what I found on Assessment centres...sm info sm1 gave ahead on 2007thread.. I hope it turns
out useful!
What is an Assessment Centre?
The term 'Assessment Centre' does not refer to a
location, but to a process which is being increasingly
used by middle to large organisations in Australia
and overseas to: assess the most suitable recruits to
a wide range of positions; and to identify staff who
possess strong potential for higher level positions,
or who can best adjust to changes within the
organisation. Positions as varied as production line
process workers, accounts clerks, customer service
officers, human resource personnel, sales staff, first
and second line managers, professional occupations,
and CEOs have been filled, using Assessment
Centres as part of the selection process.
Assessment Centres allow recruits to demonstrate
aptitude and general skills related to the
requirements of the job. They do not aim to test
knowledge and technical skills which are unique to
the job within the recruiting organisation. The
Assessment Centre develops a set of varied
exercises which are designed to simulate different
aspects of the work environment. These exercises
may run from 1/2 to 2 days, and are conducted
away from the actual workplace, usually in the
employer's training/meeting area, or in facilities
provided by a Human Resource Consultancy, who
may be contracted to design and conduct the
testing.
While the process is intensive and commonly
viewed as 'stressful' by recruits, it also provides
additional opportunities for those who feel that they
are not able to demonstrate their abilities as
strongly during an interview. Assessment Centres
enable recruits to obtain a practical working idea of
what the employer expects from staff, and may
provide opportunities for recruits to network with
other participants during group exercises.
How are Assessment Centres conducted?
Assessment Centres are highly structured in their
design, application, and assessment procedure.
They are commonly conducted by outside
consultants who have invested large amounts of
resources into researching and designing
Assessment Centres, which will produce valid
measurements and a good predictor of future
outcomes of test candidates for the business
customer. In other cases, Assessment Centres may
be conducted by trained personnel within the
employer company. Each Assessment Centre is
specifically adapted for the advertised position, to
assess factors such as the candidate's level of skills,
aptitude and compatibility with the organisation's
culture. Each test measures a range of indicators
within these factors.
How do they work?
During each test, a group of trained observers will
rate individual candidates on a range of set
indicators, using a prescribed performance scale.
Results are then cross compared against the same
indicators, which are measured in other tests.
Following test completion, observers meet to
discuss the test results and reach a group
consensus about each individual's ratings.
Observers may be visible during the test, or more
commonly, may view a videotaped recording
eg.telephone role play.
What can I expect?
At the beginning of the Assessment, candidates will
receive an initial briefing about the timetable of
tests, location of rooms etc. Prior to each test, they
will be given instructions describing the exercise,
their role, timeframes, equipment etc. They will not
be informed in detail about the individual indicators
which will be measured. Recruits are unlikely to
receive feedback on their Assessment Centre
results, unless they have been successfully selected.
Employees of a company who have undertaken
Assessment as part of a restructuring or personnel
development process, will receive detailed written
feedback on their performance and future
development needs.
What types of exercises are used?
The most common type of exercises include:
Exercises to measure a particular set of job skills
Case Studies
In Tray exercises
Group exercises
Role plays
Exercises to measure a particular set of job skills
Recruits for a car production line were tested on
physical strength, coordination and aptitude for
production line work, by repeatedly fitting tyres
onto wheel rims.
Accounts Clerk recruits were asked to complete
tests measuring accuracy against speed. A
particular test required invoices to be reconciled
against a spreadsheet ledger, with errors being
appropriately amended. Numerical tests may
involve calculating hotel accounts, goods invoices,
and vehicle mileage examples, using a multiple
choice answer format. Many of these tests are not
designed to be completed within the given
timeframe.
Case Studies
Project Managers may be asked to plan for the
release of a new product, which incorporates
scheduling, budgeting and resourcing. This type of
exercise may measure the ability to: analyse
complex data and issues; seek solutions; project
plan; and present findings, using a mixture of
presentation skills.
In Tray Exercises
If you are asked to do an In Tray exercise, you may
be asked to assume a particular role as an employee
of a fictitious company and work through a pile of
correspondence in your In Tray. These tests
commonly measure Job Skills such as: ability to
organise and prioritise work; analytical skills;
communication with team members and customers;
written communication skills; and delegation (if a
higher level position). This type of exercise may take
from several hours to a day. Try to imagine that you
are at work doing the described duties, rather than
completing a test. Phone interaction will involve a
role player who has been thoroughly briefed in their
respective role as a customer, manager etc.
A common example of an in tray exercise at first
level management may involve: placing you in a
particular role within a work setting, where a crisis
situation is developing. The situation requires you to
take responsibility for the situation. During the
exercise, mail is delivered and collected each half
hour. The exercise will describe what resources are
available to you: e.g. a list of internal phone
contacts and who's who, a telephone, fax, personal
computer, information such as a product reference
chart, data showing the work area's performance, a
calendar which notes key dates and relevant
deadlines, a highlighter, pen, pencil, eraser, ruler,
internal memo pad, letterhead stationery, writing
pad, envelopes, out tray, and an in tray containing
particular items. Intray items may range from
requests to return calls to customers with specific
complaints and queries, comments to be provided
to your manager, reports to be completed, requests
from your staff, and office social club notices. Some
of this correspondence may be past the action date,
other notes may be vague in meaning.
Group exercises
Group exercises involve candidates working
together as a team, to resolve a presented issue.
These exercises commonly measure interpersonal
skills such as group leadership, teamwork,
negotiation, and group problem solving skills.
Group exercises may range from 'leaderless group
discussion' formats to problem solving scenarios.
In a 'leaderless group discussion' you may be
assigned a fictitious team member role and asked to
attend a meeting with other team members who are
actually fellow candidates. By the end of the
meeting, the group will choose the best strategy to
meet a future prescribed target. Your role is to
discuss the merits of your strategy (described in
your written briefing), and to comment on the
weaknesses of other strategies which you suspect
will be presented by other team members. You will
have some background on the other team members,
including their past performance, knowledge of the
product and situation etc. Other team members'
briefs may ask them to promote the comparatively
superior merits of their strategies.
One example of a problem solving scenario includes
a Tower Building exercise, using play building
blocks. In this exercise, a group may be competing
with other groups to design and build a tower in
accordance with a construction brief which may
stipulate minimum height, time period the
completed tower has to stand 'unsupported', colour,
cost of block shapes, a time limit, and a budget.
There may be monetary penalties for failing to reach
particular aspects of the brief. Each group has
access to a limited number of blocks.
Role Plays
If you are asked to do a role play, you will be asked
to assume a fictitious role and handle a particular
work situation. Customer Service Officers may be
asked to respond to a number of phone inquiries,
including customer queries and complaints.
This type of exercise may measure: oral
communication, customer service orientation, and
problem solving. Managers may be asked to provide
feedback to a sales representative staff member,
after viewing a videotape of the sales
representative's call with a client, or meet with a
same level manager of another section, to gain their
agreement on a service delivery strategy.
Tips for Success!
You cannot study for an Assessment Centre,
although it does help if: you have some idea of what
to expect at an Assessment Centre or work
simulation test; you have had some previous
experience with different test formats such as
multiple choice questionnaires, data checking
exercises, role plays and group exercises. Most
importantly, having a positive mental attitude about
the process is invaluable.
If you have been given pre reading material prior to
the Assessment Centre day - read, prepare and
understand what is asked of you.
Refamiliarise yourself with the job description, duty
statement and other background reading material
about the organisation. This will provide some clues
as to what type of employee they are seeking.
Get a good night's rest before the big day.
Arrive early so you do not feel rushed. Perhaps your
waiting time in the reception area can provide you
with a 'feel' for the environment - i.e. the written
material in the reception/waiting area, other
candidates you may see.
Read all test instructions carefully. Are all the
resources, which are listed on the test instructions
available and working?
Be yourself - bring your own personality and
experience to the Assessment Centre.
Take the tests seriously - the hypothetical scenarios
will require you to 'suspend your belief' and go
along with the exercise. The tests are not designed
to match the employer's real life workplace.
Do not guess what is being measured as this may
affect your participation and assessment eg.
quoting the employer's Mission statement,
verbatim, may have no relevance to your assigned
role as 'project manager of ACME Ltd.', when
required to discuss a hypothetical problem with
other 'ACME' team members.
Treat your attendance as a day at the workplace.
View the Assessment Centre as an opportunity to
learn about the employer and the advertised
position
Consider the process as a positive learning
experience.
Ask for feedback if you were not successful so that
you can improve your performance in the future.
I hope this helps us! Goodluck guys!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by airsaylongcon: 7:05pm On Jun 30, 2014
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by okeyjames(m): 7:14pm On Jun 30, 2014
All hail Super Eagles!!! We did our best! Hope say una watch the match? wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (349) (Reply)

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum / Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.