Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,606 members, 7,941,336 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 12:54 AM

Convincing My Parents To Let Me Drive. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Convincing My Parents To Let Me Drive. (2566 Views)

My Parents Divorce Left My Life In Shambles / How Third Parties Involvement Ruin My Parents Marriage / Is It Wrong For Parents To Display Affection In Front Of Their Children? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Convincing My Parents To Let Me Drive. by chidigood(f): 7:50pm On Oct 29, 2013
Pls, i need tips on how i must convince my parents to let me drive. Am 19 already n its like dere is no way. Their answer is NO. I get sad wen i see my friends driving. Front page pls incase dere r pple in my shoes.
Re: Convincing My Parents To Let Me Drive. by Nobody: 7:56pm On Oct 29, 2013
lwkm.. Wait wah kinda car do u wana drive? Nd av u learnt how to? Ur parents jst want ur safety
Re: Convincing My Parents To Let Me Drive. by Babamide(m): 8:02pm On Oct 29, 2013
Driving is a huge responsibility. U must prove u are responsible in other aspects of life before u are allowed to drive.
Re: Convincing My Parents To Let Me Drive. by chidigood(f): 8:32pm On Oct 29, 2013
RubyTheBlogger: lwkm.. Wait wah kinda car do u wana drive? Nd av u learnt how to? Ur parents jst want ur safety
I was actually learning but i had to stop. Infact i was abt getting a learner's permit. Its an automatic car.
Re: Convincing My Parents To Let Me Drive. by chidigood(f): 8:35pm On Oct 29, 2013
Babamide: Driving is a huge responsibility. U must prove u are responsible in other aspects of life before u are allowed to drive.
Am vry responsible according to dem. Its vry annoying
Re: Convincing My Parents To Let Me Drive. by saintvc(m): 9:01pm On Oct 29, 2013
Get ur own car first
Re: Convincing My Parents To Let Me Drive. by temi4fash(m): 9:17pm On Oct 29, 2013
All u need to do is to b confident.... And on weekends mostly sundays when d roads are free u steal d car keys and go do sum training... Dat how i become with d help of ma mama driver
Re: Convincing My Parents To Let Me Drive. by Nobody: 9:29pm On Oct 29, 2013
You want to drive because your friends are driving? If i were to be your parent, that is the more reason why i will not allow you to drive. You should do things because of necessity and not because others are doing it.

1 Like

Re: Convincing My Parents To Let Me Drive. by Nobody: 10:34pm On Oct 29, 2013
idnoble135: You want to drive because your friends are driving? If i were to be your parent, that is the more reason why i will not allow you to drive. You should do things because of necessity and not because others are doing it.
thats a good point..

1 Like

Re: Convincing My Parents To Let Me Drive. by ireneidiva(f): 6:10am On Oct 30, 2013
I ve been there before. Forget them. Aim and try to get yours!
Re: Convincing My Parents To Let Me Drive. by Nobody: 7:10am On Oct 30, 2013
ireneidiva: I ve been there before. Forget them. Aim and try to get yours!
as if its easy.. Dnt u knw shes 19?? Smh sha
Re: Convincing My Parents To Let Me Drive. by Nobody: 7:50am On Oct 30, 2013
Re: Convincing My Parents To Let Me Drive. by thorpido(m): 8:07am On Oct 30, 2013
Try to go out with your parents and persuade them to let your drive some of the way.if you can do that a couple of times and you show them how much u've learn't and your driving is good enough,I'm sure they will let u drive often.
You need to always do your driving with them in the meanwhile.
Re: Convincing My Parents To Let Me Drive. by ireneidiva(f): 8:11am On Oct 30, 2013
RubyTheBlogger: as if its easy.. Dnt u knw shes 19?? Smh sha

davido is 20!
Re: Convincing My Parents To Let Me Drive. by chidigood(f): 10:08am On Oct 30, 2013
chaircover: Where do you live?

driving is a lot of responsibility and for some bizarre reason young people tend to think that they are cats with 9 lives and do silly things and take big risks whilst driving and thinking that they can never die.

Show your parents that you are responsible and can be trusted to stay alive lol and I am sure that within time, they will let you have lessons.
Am Ib based. Dey knw am responsible.
Re: Convincing My Parents To Let Me Drive. by splaka(m): 10:40am On Oct 30, 2013
All dat u need is patience.i also wanted to drive wen i was 18...but my parents said i must get my first degree before i drive...but as a sharp guy a friend of mine taugth me...but honestly i never drove dia car till after my graduation...so bro...pls just excercise patience.
Re: Convincing My Parents To Let Me Drive. by Nobody: 3:06pm On Oct 30, 2013
ireneidiva:
davido is 20!
so? Hasnt he got money to get his own ride? Is the OP working?
Re: Convincing My Parents To Let Me Drive. by chidigood(f): 3:10pm On Oct 30, 2013
splaka: All dat u need is patience.i also wanted to drive wen i was 18...but my parents said i must get my first degree before i drive...but as a sharp guy a friend of mine taugth me...but honestly i never drove dia car till after my graduation...so bro...pls just excercise patience.
I wish it was dis easy. All i need is their YES. If dey find out i learn outside. Am in soup.
Re: Convincing My Parents To Let Me Drive. by ireneidiva(f): 3:16pm On Oct 30, 2013
RubyTheBlogger: so? Hasnt he got money to get his own ride? Is the OP working?
my point exactly. Op should chill till he gets his as his parents won't let him touch theirs.

1 Like

Re: Convincing My Parents To Let Me Drive. by coogar: 3:21pm On Oct 30, 2013
chidigood: Pls, i need tips on how i must convince my parents to let me drive. Am 19 already n its like dere is no way. Their answer is NO. I get sad wen i see my friends driving. Front page pls incase dere r pple in my shoes.

just because you deserve a privilege does not mean it would be given to you on a platter of gold. nigerian parents are notoriously known to treat full-grown adults as infants.

if i were you, i would defy them & take the car out. what can they possibly do? beat you? arrest or kill you? sometimes, what parents want to see is your confidence & conviction. grab their car-keys & take the car out.
Re: Convincing My Parents To Let Me Drive. by Nobody: 3:29pm On Oct 30, 2013
coogar:

just because you deserve a privilege does not mean it would be given to you on a platter of gold. nigerian parents are notoriously known to treat full-grown adults as infants.

if i were you, i would defy them & take the car out. what can they possibly do? beat you? arrest or kill you? sometimes, what parents want to see is your confidence & conviction. grab their car-keys & take the car out.

na u dey give OP liver abi? No worry lah.. Until wen dey flog her finger red til she cnt cum 2 nairaland 2 type her woe ordeal :|
Re: Convincing My Parents To Let Me Drive. by Nobody: 3:31pm On Oct 30, 2013
ireneidiva:
my point exactly. Op should chill till HE gets HIS as HIS parents won't let HIM touch theirs.
OP na girl lol tongue
Re: Convincing My Parents To Let Me Drive. by BasseyJ(m): 3:31pm On Oct 30, 2013
If your parents have more than one car, start with the one they don't really love, like an old one, that way, they won't ban you at once from driving, I started with a 1998 version Toyota that was like abandoned, when i was caught, the shouting was little, they started sending me on errands with it, etc, till they trusted my driving, then it's been smooth driving
Re: Convincing My Parents To Let Me Drive. by coogar: 3:33pm On Oct 30, 2013
RubyTheBlogger: na u dey give OP liver abi? No worry lah.. Until wen dey flog her finger red til she cnt cum 2 nairaland 2 type her woe ordeal :|

i started moving my parents' car at 14 within the compound. a year later, i got bored of moving it forward & reversing. i took the car out to the streets, from one end to another for about 6 times.....and the rest is history!!!

after that, they started sending me on errands with the car - and i willingly obliged. parents are mostly all barks & no action.

(1) (Reply)

"I Used Sex To Punish My Husband" - Pastor's Wife Tells Court / Where Is The Best Place In Nigeria To Relocate to From Abroad / Hardship: I Met My Aunty Crying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.