Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,303 members, 7,967,710 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 06:27 AM

Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing – Live Updates - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing – Live Updates (4231 Views)

Photos As Oduah Faces House Committee / Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update / Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing – Live Updates by Nobody: 5:19pm On Oct 30, 2013
oyb:

sounds more like everyone is claiming lagos when importing cars

The question now begging for answers is that: how many cars have they imported while claiming to belong to Lagos? They have been enriching themselves for a very long time by using the name of Lagos Government as beneficiary. They are trying to put dirt of Lagos State government. Why not use Anambra, Abia, or Enugu?
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing – Live Updates by Nobody: 5:20pm On Oct 30, 2013
bunmayo123:

and if Fashola deport Coscharis now you people we say, he is not a destitute.....smh

if them born am well make him try.Just go to his mansion in banana island and see security them no born the governmrnt agents well to even dare come close to him
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing – Live Updates by youngmonie: 5:24pm On Oct 30, 2013
chukwudi44:

if them born am well make him try.Just go to his mansion in banana island and see security them no born the governmrnt agents well to even dare come close to him
Lol when did he become above the law?
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing – Live Updates by grafikii: 5:28pm On Oct 30, 2013
youngmonie:
Lol when did he become above the law?
You should know when a village idio.t speaks
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing – Live Updates by Napoleondegreat: 5:31pm On Oct 30, 2013
payless:

You are also a rogue for defending the indefensible. Why lied the vehicles were meant for the government of Lagos State? They made the Customs believe these vehicles were purchased by Lagos State government, whereas they were meant for Stella Oduah. The vehicle were not even for NCAA as they stated on the document.

coscharis didn't lie. He said that it is a normal occurence in any deal with govt in which there is an arrangement that when a car dealer gives cars to govt during events, the govt reciprocate by giving the dealer free importing license to replace the used cars. What this means is that as at the time of importation ofthe bmw cars, coscharis was still enjoying the free importing license granted to him last year following his deal with the LASG. Enough said!

4 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing – Live Updates by Nobody: 5:33pm On Oct 30, 2013
superstar1:

Even if you want defend the falsehood, let it be with sound reasoning that is convincing.

That is working smart and not working with pen like Stella.

I aint defending the falsehood rather am trying to make the tribalist understand why coscharis has to use the name of Lagos Government for their falsehood or whatever, They pays taxes to them and does business in Lagos. So whether they lied or not aint my concern at all. Lots of people and organization in Nigeria uses Governments names to do business and chop people, it aint a new thing neither is it just coscharis that does it that way, this is something that happens everyday in Nigeria.

The touts on the street, inside the market, market leaders all use State Government names for their personal gains, this aint about Coscharis cause even if coscharis closes down today, It doesn't end there, it is a continuous happening and there aint anything anyone can do about it because this same people eat and dine with the Government. Those who tried to speak up against such crimes ends up 7 feet. Ask dele giwa or Bola Ige.

All this noise that the reps are making are for their personal gains, if you think they are doing it because of the masses then you are on a long thing, We all know how they handled the farouk case, they all tag it a witch hunt against one of their own, have they passed any law that will help fight corruption, How many times have they raised any motion to pass such laws, so when did they start giving a Bleep about the man on their street.

After Stella is gone, The looting continues and all dem reps gets to share the money, You only have problem with them when you don't give them what they ask for.. Till we understand how the system work and fight it, we will keep running around even in the next 100yrs to come and still be accusing one another and them reps will continue deceiving those they can deceive. (aint got tym to correct any typo)
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing – Live Updates by Nobody: 5:39pm On Oct 30, 2013
payless:

You are also a rogue for defending the indefensible. Why lied the vehicles were meant for the government of Lagos State? They made the Customs believe these vehicles were purchased by Lagos State government, whereas they were meant for Stella Oduah. The vehicle were not even for NCAA as they stated on the document.

No shitt, Aint your pay master Tinibu also a rogue? Whats up with fashola? aint he a rogue? Whats up with those rep members sitting and wasting our money, aint they rogues? Every Nigerian can be a rogue when the time calls for roqueness even you too is a rogue. We all are rogues, It runs in the blood.

If you ever told a lie in your life before, you are also a roque because thats dishonesty grin grin grin grin grin grin. We all are rogues, No shitt, no offence taken
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing – Live Updates by Nobody: 5:40pm On Oct 30, 2013
theshadyexpress: Coscharis:
Coscharis’ Maduka:
“People have called me from US embassy
to ask when did you start money
laundering.”
Who called you from the U.S Embassy? Name the person that violated the chain of command and standard procedures to ask you such a question? Roflmao you can only say that to Nigerians because they don't have an inkling what it means to be organized. Mr.coscoris Maduka, that's not how we do things. We don't do the "African Style" rubbish, nor do we do the "respect/elderly" nonsense thing where you don't get locked up because of your title or prestige. Dude, if the U.S truly felt ure involved in money laundering you'll know when u get charged, indicted and sentenced to like 50yrs in prison. We'll start by freezing ur assets and putting u in cuffs on ur next trip to our country. And, if we need you that bad, and we're impatient because you refuse to leave your homeland, we just come over, snatch you up, and lock your aszz up in one of our numerous pre-trial jails. Nobody will call you from the U.S embassy to ask you that rubbish, because, quite frankly, you're a nobody and your existence means jack shiyyt to us. Stop feigning unnecessary importance.

3 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing – Live Updates by takedat(m): 5:42pm On Oct 30, 2013
I just hope some people from a particular ethnic group won't accuse the Yorubas of changing the chassis numbers of those vehicles, in order to humiliate Stella for upgrading Enugu airport. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing – Live Updates by Nobody: 5:46pm On Oct 30, 2013
gboss4sure:

I aint defending the falsehood rather am trying to make the tribalist understand why coscharis has to use the name of Lagos Government for their falsehood or whatever, They pays taxes to them and does business in Lagos. So whether they lied or not aint my concern at all. Lots of people and organization in Nigeria uses Governments names to do business and chop people, it aint a new thing neither is it just coscharis that does it that way, this is something that happens everyday in Nigeria.
Dude, you need to do us all a huge favor, drink some alcohol, close ur eyes, then step into oncoming traffic on a highway.

3 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing – Live Updates by Nobody: 5:46pm On Oct 30, 2013
Napoleondegreat:

coscharis didn't lie. He said that it is a normal occurence in any deal with govt in which there is an arrangement that when a car dealer gives cars to govt during events, the govt reciprocate by giving the dealer free importing license to replace the used cars. What this means is that as at the time of importation ofthe bmw cars, coscharis was still enjoying the free importing license granted to him last year following his deal with the LASG. Enough said!

He lied big time. This is tax evasion, it will earn you a long prison sentence in many countries.
Lagos state government and the federal government are not one and the same.
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing – Live Updates by Nobody: 5:47pm On Oct 30, 2013
bunmayo123:

The two cars were imported through Tin Can Port
2; Imported from Antwerp Netherlands.
The vehicles were cleared 19/6/2013.
Coscharis imported the cars without paying
import duties since there was a waiver from the
ministry of finance.

Antwerp is in Belgium and not Netherlands
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing – Live Updates by Nobody: 5:50pm On Oct 30, 2013
Aigbofa:

He lied big time. This is tax evasion, it will earn you a long prison sentence in many countries.
ask the fool why Jesse Jackson Jr and his wife are going to prison. Falsification of Federal Government and State Government documents + Tax evasion, out here there's no way this man and his crew will receive anything less than 15yrs minimum in Federal Prison.
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing – Live Updates by Trailii: 5:52pm On Oct 30, 2013
Sing along with me
Verse1
Oju ole re:..... ole!
Oju ole re:........ole!
Oju ole re:..........ole!
Stella ole re:........ole!
Oduha ole re:.........ole!
Oju ole da:...........ole!
Verse2
Ɣøû be thief.........I no be thief!
I say Ɣøû b thief....... I no b theif!
Stella Ɣøû b thief....... I no b thief!
Ɣøû dey steal......... I no dey steal!
You dey tap......... I no dey tap!
Who b thief........stella b thief

2 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing – Live Updates by takedat(m): 5:52pm On Oct 30, 2013
take dat:

15:31

"Coscharis admits telling Ministry of Finance/NSA the cars were meant for Lagos state government, but said the arrangement was a usual "sponsor practice" for an event like the sports festival, and there was nothing wrong with that. The company insists it did not lie. It said during the events the company gives cars for use by government, in exchange for waivers that would be used for importing new ones as replacement.

With a lot of gusto, Coscharis said it price was right. But lawmakers have busted that claim by revealing that the firm sent different prices to NCAA and NSA. Coscharis also claims the car in question goes for N87.7million(factory price) without tax, shipping etc. But a lawmaker has confirmed that he received a quotation from an American firm for the same car for about N42million. Jerry Manwe(a member): "Your own bullet proof is not manufactured in the moon"
,Coscharis says a seven series in America is different with what they got from Europe."

In short, Coscharis evaded tax and also inflated the prices of those cars. What a good bargain to pilfer public funds.
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing – Live Updates by Nobody: 5:54pm On Oct 30, 2013
take dat: I just hope some people from a particular ethnic group won't accuse the Yorubas of changing the chassis numbers of those vehicles, in order to humiliate Stella for upgrading Enugu airport. cheesy
So because some house of reps members made an allegation, you'r already getting excited? Why not wait till its confirmed? I've lost count of all the allegations that have turned out to be false so far.

3 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing – Live Updates by Nobody: 5:55pm On Oct 30, 2013
kingoflag: Dude, you need to do us all a huge favor, drink some alcohol, close ur eyes, then step into oncoming traffic on a highway.

Nothing aint worth killing myself over some government shitt. U re de one that needs to do that cause your life i know is full of shitts
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing – Live Updates by Omen100(m): 5:58pm On Oct 30, 2013
And the yet untold versions will be heard, please more update.
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing – Live Updates by takedat(m): 5:58pm On Oct 30, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
So because some house of reps members made an allegation, you'r already getting excited? Why not wait till its confirmed? I've lost count of all the allegations that have turned out to be false so far.
Thief defending Criminals! The lawmakers performed by their oversight function by physically inspecting the cars, and you have the gut to tell me to wait till its confirmed? Confirmed by who? The same Stella/NCAA who purloined public funds? Are the cars not parked in NCAA premises? Could the lawmakers have inspected the cars without the knowledge of NCAA? No.

4 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing – Live Updates by AlfaSeltzer(m): 5:59pm On Oct 30, 2013
Oduah stays.

3 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing – Live Updates by superstar1(m): 6:05pm On Oct 30, 2013
H
gboss4sure:

No shitt, Aint your pay master Tinibu also a rogue? Whats up with fashola? aint he a rogue? Whats up with those rep members sitting and wasting our money, aint they rogues? Every Nigerian can be a rogue when the time calls for roqueness even you too is a rogue. We all are rogues, It runs in the blood.

If you ever told a lie in your life before, you are also a roque because thats dishonesty grin grin grin grin grin grin. We all are rogues, No shitt, no offence taken

At least they are not as stupi.d and brainless like Stella to be caught red handed.
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing – Live Updates by Nobody: 6:07pm On Oct 30, 2013
superstar1: H

At least they are not as stupi.d and brainless like Stella to be caught red handed.

Lol, So you mean looting is allowed but don't get caught?
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing – Live Updates by superstar1(m): 6:09pm On Oct 30, 2013
Napoleondegreat:

LASG can sue his a$$. The next thing we will be hearing is he is being victimized for using LASG name fraudulently. Why can't cosharis just use the name of Stella's state. Was LASG informed before the name was fraudulently used?

Stella is a born thief and so shall it be.

2 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing – Live Updates by Goddex: 6:11pm On Oct 30, 2013
Feel so excited that Oduah did not appear there in person. All evil plotters against her can go fo*k their mama.
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing – Live Updates by Nobody: 6:12pm On Oct 30, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: Oduah stays.

..........in prison.

2 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing – Live Updates by superstar1(m): 6:15pm On Oct 30, 2013
gboss4sure:

Lol, So you mean looting is allowed but don't get caught?

I never told you looting is allowed, I am just telling you that the people you are trying to use to wash Stella's black fraudulent act white have not been nailed with hard core evidence.

Efcc took tinubu to court and was declared not guilty based on want of evidence. So should we just aluu justice on him because ndigbo are saying he is corrupt without evidence.

Stella was greedy daft and brainless. She is the one that was caught and must be made a scape goat.

2 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing – Live Updates by Demdem(m): 6:36pm On Oct 30, 2013
These guys are fraudsters. Why mention LASG when the cars obviously doesn't belong to them?

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing – Live Updates by theshadyexpress(m): 7:11pm On Oct 30, 2013
Demdem: These guys are fraudsters. Why mention LASG when the cars obviously doesn't belong to them?
pls shut up
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing – Live Updates by nameo: 7:15pm On Oct 30, 2013
payless:

Don't forget, Stella first denied the report when it was first reported by Sahara Reporters.

To the best of my knowledge, the Ministry never denied that they bought those cars. The very first statement by the Ministry's Spokesman a day after the news admitted same, whilst NCAA gave an elongated explanation the next day. The Agency also put the cars in their 2013 budget estimate and used a Lease Facility with a Bank to do the purchases after considering bids by several Banks, so they couldn't have been hiding the purchases.
payless:
It is not a crime to buy bullet proof vehicles. But at what cost? Are they being bought for what you claim they are for? Are you buying them with public funds when your intention is to use them personally?

So what exactly is Oduah and NCAA been accused of really? Why is the lady in particular been targeted and hoarded? Waste and Extravagance? OK. But you just read that Lagos State purchased 300 cars for Sport festival! And like I said previously, Lagos State is 2nd only to the Federal Government in the purchase of armored cars in the country according to the Manufacturer itself. Such Extravagance is widespread amongst public institutions in Nigeria including the Presidency, various States and the National Assembly.

Also Clearly, the process that lead to the purchase of these cars didn't strictly pass through the Rules of procurement; but then again if we were to pass the Lagos State Govt, or even the Presidency itself, through this same scrutiny and investigations in its own purchase of hundreds of cars, do you believe any of them would pass through the Rules satisfactorily?

WASTE and EXTRAVAGANCE, and a clear breach of laid down Procurement Rules (for which heads are likely to role), Yes; But, I am yet to see a clear case of corruption yet(Except you can point them out). So why is everyone hoarding her with a vengeance? That is what I don't understand!!

2 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing – Live Updates by otokx(m): 7:25pm On Oct 30, 2013
Looks like Cosmas Maduka has been cutting corners in many places, he may now have to answer in court for tax evasion. As for Stella - let us hear what she will say.
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing – Live Updates by fkaz(m): 7:27pm On Oct 30, 2013
Anambra-Enugu:
Why did they bring Lagos state government into this? This looks like "Stella BMW Oduah" was trying to set up Lagos State Government

Eko o ni baje o
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing – Live Updates by superstar1(m): 7:29pm On Oct 30, 2013
nameo:

To the best of my knowledge, the Ministry never denied that the bought those. The very first statement by the Ministry's Spokesman a day after the news admitted same, whilst NCAA gave an elongated explanation the next day. The Agency also put the cars in their 2013 budget estimate and used a Lease Facility with a Bank to do the purchases after considering bids by several Banks, so they couldn't have been hiding the purchases.

So what exactly is Oduah and NCAA been accused of really? Why is the lady in particular been targeted and hoarded? Waste and Extravagance? Cos you just read that Lagos State purchased 300 cars for Sport festival! And like I said previously, Lagos State is 2nd only to the Federal Government in the purchase of armored cars in the country according to the Manufacturer itself. Such Extravagance is widespread amongst public institutions in Nigeria including the Presidency, States and National Assembly.

Clearly, the process that lad to the purchase of these cars didn't pass through the Rules of procurement; but then again if we were to pass the Lagos State Govt, or even the Presidency itself, through this same scrutiny and investigations in its own purchase of hundreds of cars, do you believe any of them would pass through the Rules satisfactory?

WASTE and EXTRAVAGANCE, and a clear breach of laid down Procurement Rules (for which heads are likely to role), Yes; But, I am yet to see a clear case of corruption yet(Except you can point them out). So why is everyone hoarding her with a vengeance? That is what I don't understand!!

so those two cars that are not near cameron's specs car are mpre expensive than cameron's car and you believe that. is she the chief of army staff or chief of general staff or NSA or DG of NAFDAC that she is being haunted. how are we sure it is not her ex-husbands that are her phantom enemies haunting her, so nigeria must pay for her past atrocities. it is even an insult to sane and sensible Nigerians for her to use NGN255mm ONLY to buy just two cars, in the same land where alaigbo are always heading to SW looking for greener pasture.

those are her crimes.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Denouncing Ma Apc Memebership For PDP / $2b Arms Deal : I Don’t Want To Join Issues With Buhari -jonathan / World’s First Solar Road Opens In France: It’s Ridiculously Expensive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.