Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,519 members, 7,881,751 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 08:36 AM

Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story (32754 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by akorlade(m): 2:35pm On Dec 27, 2013
Sammy Hoe come finish this movie you started.
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by ismogimo: 3:14pm On Dec 27, 2013
Sammy Gee, finish what you 've started or else...
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 5:04pm On Dec 27, 2013
Ah! so we don enta frontpage? oya make I kon ride on nah! first of all, make I konmake roll callto know d population of ppl here now.
cool cool cool cool if u are there shout present!

@ Obinnau, Thanks so much kiss
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 5:13pm On Dec 27, 2013
continuation

CHAPTER FIFTEEN JOURNEY TO SELEMIS Ted and Henry landed in a thick forest. “Is this Cyprus?” Henry asked in terror as they walked fearfully along. “I don’t know,” Ted replied. “All I know is here’s a forest.” “Do you still remember our mission?” Henry asked in a silly manner and Ted responded, “Yes, to fetch the Rose flower.” “I thought you’d forgotten,” Henry said. Ted replied, “I’m not like you who forgets things easily; forgot himself in Gyrus, forgot it was Halloween and forgot the seventh question.” “The seventh question! You don’t remember that too, do you?” Henry was in his elements again. “The seventh question?” said Ted uneasily, in a manner that was showing that he had never forgot the question at all. “Yes, you told me you’ve forgotten it too.” “Y-y—” Ted was just about to tell a lie by saying ‘yes’ when they suddenly saw a very huge Lion, whose mane was almost covering all the parts of its body. It was far bigger than any ordinary Lion they had seen in wildlife documentaries. “Henry, a Lion!” yelled Ted as he gave Henry a nudge. Henry had seen it too, before Ted cried out. His mouth had then been wide agape, not knowing what to do. They fleeted away quickly as fast as there feet would do. For the first time, Ted ran faster than Henry. “Ted! Wait for me!” Henry cried, forgetting that he’d once boasted to Ted that he had won the yearly racing competition in the high school three times. Maybe Ted’s hormones were more sensitive to danger than Henry’s own going by the way they had run, but no one could tell. However, both ran with all the strength they could muster, but the speed was far less than the one they utilized in Gyrus, though the effort exerted was more here. The Lion chased tirelessly after them but they forged along relentlessly. The Lion had closed in on them when they came out of the forest, yet it was chasing after them, increasing its celerity. Henry and Ted noticed an Island very close to them. They plunged into the water to get to the Island, but the Lion continued the chase. As soon as the boys got to the Island, the Lion jumped on Henry and began to tear Henry’s fearnought apart. Since the cloth was considerably thick, it retarded the rate at which the Lion would tear Henry to pieces. Ted, who had run far ahead, mustered courage and ran back to rescue Henry, if he could. Though intimidated by the Lion’s awful physique, Ted managed to stay somewhere not very close to the Lion and tried to shoo it away by making some nonsensical howls. It seemed it worked because the Lion suddenly looked away from Henry to Ted, then it ran away, plunging into the muddy water to get back to the forest. The boys were surprised. Ted rushed quickly to give Henry a hand. “Henry, are you hurt?” “No!” said Henry, “Almost.” But a little quantity of blood was seen flowing out from a cut on Henry’s forehead. “You saved my life,” Henry said, hugging him. “It’s nothing,” Ted replied, forcing out a smile. “Did you use the magic—to chase that thing away?” “Oh, I forgot,” said Ted, expressing shock. “I did that physically.” “I forgot to use mine too,” Henry said glimmering in shock. Then he remembered something again. “My sharp beards; I should have exploited it… to stab the Lion.” They stood, looking like idiots. “Where are we?” asked Henry suddenly. “I don’t know,” replied Ted. “What are we here for?” Henry asked further and Ted said, “I’ve forgotten.” The two friends stood still, gazing around the sandy island. They did not see any trace of such place being habited by anything. “Ted,” Henry called again. “Why are we forgetting everything?” Ted shrugged in response. Then they began to shudder in fear as they looked at the solitary beach. “Why are we forgetting everything?” They cried out and got several responses—the echoes of their voices. Amazingly an answer came after the reverberations: “Because you are in the Island of forgetfulness,” they heard a calm voice behind them. Turning to see the owner of the voice, they met the eyes of a hairy old man, whose face had no wrinkle at all. The boys were able to recognize that he was an old man due the grayness of the hair on the man’s hair and entire body. He was dressed in the ancient manner, putting on a long robe and a woven hat to match. Since the man was not having any cattle around, the boys were unable to pass him for a cowboy. The man had white full-grown beards and moustache; and eyelashes, which were bushy too. “Are you afraid?” asked the man. “You shouldn’t, because you’re in a very friendly environment,” said the man with a grin, in the Cypriot Greek accent. He waited for a response, but the boys were indisposed to speak. “Here is the border of Selemis where you are going,” said the man. “No one lives in this island and die at a young age.” “Why sir?” they asked. “As the name implies, it’s the Island of Forgetfulness. The only kind of food here is wine. It will make you healthy and strong and you’ll forget your sorrows.” The man grinned and continued, “Can you tell me why people die early in this earth?” “No sir,” they replied. “It’s because people remember past sorrows and focus too much on present troubles to the extent of forgetting past and present joys—and even the future ones. They don’t forget offences committed against them.” He paused to smile. The two boys were attracted to his wrinkle-free face. His skin was smooth too, like that of a fish. “Here, you’ll always easily forget about the offences made against you.” “Is that so?” their eyes bulged in wonderment. “Yes my son,” the man said. “Drink wine and rest. Tomorrow you shall depart.” If the boys had remembered that the ‘tomorrow’ mentioned by the man for departure was going to be the same day the victims in CCUL were going to die, they would have objected to it. However, they followed the man’s instruction tractably as they helped themselves to the wine in a gourd. They gulped it down rapidly. As they drank, the old man kept nodding his head and smiling in a satisfied manner. The boys soon fell to the earth and slept off, snoring away their sorrows.
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Cvesta(m): 5:14pm On Dec 27, 2013
Dis tori 2sweet....sammy u r jst 2gud
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 5:16pm On Dec 27, 2013
how many of us don read am reach d last update o....at least ten ppl must don read am b4 I update o cheesy
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 5:18pm On Dec 27, 2013
Cvesta: Dis tori 2sweet....sammy u r jst 2gud
No be me o, na God o... hw tinz?
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by ismogimo: 5:43pm On Dec 27, 2013
Impatiently waiting for the next update sammy
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 5:45pm On Dec 27, 2013
@Sammy, thank you...
pls b consistent as you have always been in your updates ... biko I beg...

I don't need to remind you that you are a genius ...
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by ismogimo: 5:46pm On Dec 27, 2013
I can't just but follow till d end. U ar just good, no doubt
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 5:53pm On Dec 27, 2013
monachy: @Sammy, thank you...
pls b consistent as you have always been in your updates ... biko I beg...

I don't need to remind you that you are a genius ...

LWKMD
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 5:53pm On Dec 27, 2013
ismogimo: I can't just but follow till d end. U ar just good, no doubt
u dey flatter me abi? grin wink
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by usmanspihn(m): 6:10pm On Dec 27, 2013
Sammy cutlass guy u like to dey fall hand oh just update am sharparly
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 6:15pm On Dec 27, 2013
usmanspihn: Sammy cutlass guy u like to dey fall hand oh just update am sharparly
Ah! usman needle, if I update all 2day which 1 I go update 2 mao grin
anyway sha, u asked for it and I'll giv. check out ma next update soon.
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by ismogimo: 6:18pm On Dec 27, 2013
@sammy, i will take that to mean dt u urself acknowledge d fact that u ar gifted. Just keep at it man. All dsame na d update i need. Do am quick times quick i beg
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 6:23pm On Dec 27, 2013
akorlade: Sammy Hoe come finish this movie you started.
movie? lolling... cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 6:27pm On Dec 27, 2013
ismogimo: @sammy, i will take that to mean dt u urself acknowledge d fact that u ar gifted. Just keep at it man. All dsame na d update i need. Do am quick times quick i beg
u go nid ask for it time times time b4 I go do am o grin
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 6:29pm On Dec 27, 2013
Everybody is a genius... to be continued... watch out for d part two... cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 7:05pm On Dec 27, 2013
Karev_wite: season 2 man...d last update i read waz dt of dec 8 jst found out nw dt u updated of dec 19...bt no p sha b4 i c repli xai ma complain 2 much
complaining is beta dan ghostmoding my broda...on dis thread ghostmoding is a sin grin wink
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Solexy96(m): 7:08pm On Dec 27, 2013
Sammy Hoe: This story is set in the US: its genre is complex(or let me say all rounder) because it would cut across many facets of life: love, adventure, religion, magical, political, thriller, tragedies, comedies, fantasy, vendetta, etc. As the name implied, we are going to find many geniuses in the story as we move on. The central character's name is Henry White: he has a destiny ahead of him but was faced with the challenge of going for the direct opposite of his destiny.

No part of this story may be copied without the permission of the author.
Copyright © SammyHoe2013
pls i'll like to copy ur story onto my facebook page. I'm honest, pls. If i werent, i wont inform u be4 copying it. Thanks. I promise to signify dat i copied ur story and i'll include ur name. It's a wonderful story.
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 7:15pm On Dec 27, 2013
aytuns: Wow, i didnt know something this good was on nairaland. Anyway still on the first page, and..# carries dictionary # me and my dictionary will have to read this else i will just miss!
sori I'll be putting u through hard time with my gargantuan grammars. anywai sha, stick to ya lexicon as u said
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 7:17pm On Dec 27, 2013
Solexy96: pls i'll like to copy ur story onto my facebook page. I'm honest, pls. If i werent, i wont inform u be4 copying it. Thanks. I promise to signify dat i copied ur story and i'll include ur name. It's a wonderful story.
permission highly granted since u aren't intending making merchandise of it...thanks for making me happy#
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 7:55pm On Dec 27, 2013
story continues...
uploading...90%...99.9%...

Uploading Failed!

2 Likes

Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by mohammad11: 8:26pm On Dec 27, 2013
Sammy Hoe: story continues...
uploading...90%...99.9%...

Uploading Failed!

oooch!
Pls try again
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Seastar(m): 10:53pm On Dec 27, 2013
U r awesome, kip it up. Wetin for d nxt update........
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 4:42am On Dec 28, 2013
Seastar: U r awesome, kip it up. Wetin for d nxt update........
me sef dey wait o
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 4:53am On Dec 28, 2013
Good morning house.
Here's early morning tea for us...

Story Continuation...

In the campus, the medical practitioners had given up on the apparently dead students, having applied all the skills they had at their disposal to no avail. It was twenty-four hours since the incident took place.
The dean was very much interested in the goings-on more than any other staff. He was thumping here and there for solution, though all his hope was on the arrival of the duo.
The head of the doctors had told him that the corpses were dead, but the dean had rejected his conclusion, believing that the patients were just in an inexplicable comatose. The head magistrate in Gyrus had told him that something of such would result after twenty-four hours.
“Professor, they’re dead, no two ways about it. These corpses are just occupying the bunks. Sir, we’ve got lots of sick ones out there who need to be admitted,” the doctor had said.
The dean was annoyed, since it was the third time the man would be complaining that day.
“What do you know, Doctor Clifford?”
“My profession—I know my profession. These are corpses,” the Doctor replied boldly, tapping Susie’s lifeless right hand. “There’s no two ways about it.”
“Keep shut!” the dean raged. “Don’t you know who I am? I’m Professor Wilson Genius. I said these victims are not dead. If you won’t treat them then I’ll come treat them myself. In fact, I’m still on the cure.”
“But sir, you know nothing about medicine, do you?” challenged the Doctor.
“How dare you tell me such a thing? Combination of six disciplines, I’m sure is better than just medicine alone,” said Professor Wilson. All of a sudden his temper became calm.
“Doctor Clifford, I’m sorry for my manner of approach, but it’s the truth—they’re not dead,” he said, tapping the Doctor’s shoulder lightly. Then he whispered after looking at his watch, “In twenty-three hour, thirty minutes if they’re not up yet, then you can go on declare them dead and evacuate them from here.”
As the dean was walking out of the hospital, many of the relatives of the victims were already waiting in the lobby to ask him what was going on.
“They’ll be alright,” the man assured the weeping ones as he passed by them.
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 5:01am On Dec 28, 2013
***Breakfast***

™ Sammyhoe...eat this and expect lunch grin cheesy wink

Henry and Ted stretched their bodies and rose slowly, yawning.
“Where are we?”asked Ted.
“I don’t know,” said Henry. “Maybe in the land of the dead,” he added when he saw a hairy figure approaching, white all over. They were scared.
“Henry, we’d better run,” advised Ted, but the figure, which was now very close, gestured to them to remain. The figure came closer yet the boys were still scared. It was the old man who had given them wine the day before.
“Who are you and where are we?” they questioned the man whose disposition seemed freindly.
“You are in the Island of Forgetfulness. I’m the sage who gave you wine yesterday.”
“Oh, that’s true,” they remembered.
“Old sage, what have we come here to do?” asked Henry.
“Nothing, it’s just the passageway to Selemis, where you’re heading to.
“For what?” they queried.
“To get the Rose flower,” said the man.
“Oh, that’s true,” they remembered again. As they looked toward the forest, they saw the Lion that had earlier chased them to the Island running to the Island again with full speed.
“Look! The Lion!” Henry cried out. His heart palpitated for fear. “It’s coming for us.”
“Never mind Henry,” said Ted. “I’ll chase it away again.”
The old man laughed at Ted’s threat and said, “Don’t you go near the innocent Lion. It’s not possible for you to chase it away.”
“But I did,” said Ted and Henry corroborated his claim.
“You’re wrong young men. The Lion went away of its accord, because he had forgotten the reason he was chasing you then—just as you’ve been forgetting things, so did the Lion too.” The old man slowly nodded his head looking blankly at them as if his mind was somewhere else.
“Why was he chasing us at first?” Henry asked.
“For food of course,” Ted said but the man debunked the idea.
“You’re wrong. That forest is the Forest of Truth. The Lion had been commissioned to keep watch over the forest. He is called the Lion of truth. He detests liars. He sees into your heart if you tell a lie in the Forest of Truth or if you are just about to do so. He will tear such a one to pieces, but never feeds on the corpse.”
“But we’re not liars, are we?”
“Well, I won’t say precisely who was about to tell a lie between you two, since you are lucky already that you’ve escaped from its grips.”
Ted looked at Henry and said, “Maybe it’s him.” He pointed to Henry.
The man smiled. “Why d’you say so?”
“Because it was him the Lion caught.”
“You’re wrong,” said the man. “You’re the liar, because here again you’ve just told a lie against your friend.” The man was serious but he was not angry.
Ted felt that he could be wiser than the old man, so he said, “Then the Lion should have torn me apart even now if truly I’ve just told a lie.” Ted pointed to the Lion, which was then seated calmly on the sand.
The man laughed and said, “He can not remember his duty here. Maybe you both should take a walk to the forest again and see what becomes of you. I can assure you, no one will recognize your skeleton.” Then he said again, “Young boy, do you know something?”
“No sir,” they said. The man got up, beat his body to get rid of the dust on it and said, “For decades none had made the Journey to Selemis Cave.” The boys sprang up immediately, about to run from the man, because of what he had just said. However, Henry managed to ask, “Are you saying that you’ll kill us right here?”
“You’ve not offended me, boy,” said the man grinning. “I’m the judge here. The only offence worth death as far as I’m concerned is murder.”
Ted said, “But we never murdered anyone, how come we were almost killed?”
“By whom?” asked the man promptly.
“By the Lion of Truth,” they said.
“Oh! Oh! Oh! boys, the Lion of Truth is the judge of that forest; that was the only judgment the Lion had chosen to give to liars—death. If any one escapes the forest to this Island as you’ve just done, then no harm will come to such, since the offence would have been forgotten. But murdering someone here’s the only thing worth death.”
The boys got the man clearly now. Then they were smiling again, forgetting to ask the man for the reason many never got to the Selemis Cave for many decades. However, the man called their attentions to it again:
“Listen carefully; almost everyone tells lies and makes lies on earth. This Lion had fed on most of them before they could escape to this Island. The few who had even managed to get here never still got to Selemis. Many do go back to where they were coming from without continuing their journeys.”
“Why?” the boys expressed shock.
“Any journey to Selemis has a deadline. They forgot to go further on reaching this Island, demanding more wine every minute. They drank to inebriation. They forgot everything about the Journey they were sent, only to remember it later. By then it would have been late.”
The man looked at them closely and said, “You both are unique. You were satisfied with the little wine I gave to you.”
Ted and Henry were happy for the man’s declaration, yet they never felt like going forward to Selemis Cave, perhaps they had forgotten the mission. The two hugged each other fondly, congratulating themselves for being unique. Being engrossed in the clinch they were not able to pay attention to the old man who had started talking again:
“Only one man on earth had made the mission to Selemis Cave unhurt. His name was Herbert Cook,” said the man, but the boys were not paying attention. All they were engrossed in was the feeling of joy that had now overwhelmed them. “Till today, no magician believed that any one had made it to Selemis Cave, but they know that Selemis does exists in Cyprus. You boys are not listening to me.”
“We’re listening,” they replied, being jolted out of their lingering euphoria by the light nudges the man gave them both.
“Well, that piece of information may not be useful to you because—”
“Why?”
“Because you will forget it, even if you heard it clearly here.”
“We won’t forget,” they assured.
The man was going to prove them wrong, so he said, “Okay, remind me now.” They began to click their blank skulls as they set their faces upward as if the sky was a chalkboard on which the answer had been written. They gave up eventually and said, “We didn’t pay attention. Can you tell us again, even now?”
“Forget it,” said the man. “You’ll only remember that I told you something, but you’ll not remember it until the statement comes to you again verbatim by some other people.” The boys scratched their heads in disappointment.
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 5:04am On Dec 28, 2013
Before lunch you can as well check out my first complete story on NL. It also made the FP those days...Hope And The Island of Greatness...a motivational fictitious allegory.

Check it out here:
https://www.nairaland.com/1224953/hope-island-greatness-fiction-allegory
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by akorlade(m): 6:39am On Dec 28, 2013
hmmmmmmmm.
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 7:32am On Dec 28, 2013
akorlade: hmmmmmmmm.
dis Ur 'hmmmmmmmm' go get K leg as I dey see so. Hw was Ur night Mr Kolade?
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by akorlade(m): 7:55am On Dec 28, 2013
Sammy Hoe:
dis Ur 'hmmmmmmmmm?
the suspense is intriguing. .
Mr Kolade( mr akor)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (28) (Reply)

The 130 Titles Of The Pacesetters Series / Online Writing Jobs You Should Do Today / Novel: Caught In The Moment (house Of Earl Fashion) Written By: Onyeneke Abel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.