Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,110 members, 7,916,246 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 06:45 PM

Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread - Education (90) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread (79047 Views)

Nairaland Interschool Debate Semi Finals Winner: OAU / NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) / Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (105) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by king94(m): 10:37am On Dec 21, 2013
Elliotwiz1: i know you'll be saying, why am i taking this so seriously, my fellow debators won't understand how it feels.....i am not taking this as a do or die affair, its just the zeal to resist wrong, its what makes us human, people fight civil war because they feel they're being cheated, nothing more....it's the human nature. I believe that we should speak for the truth when we see it regardless of how it affects us..
I undastand ur pain.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Nobody: 11:00am On Dec 21, 2013
@aysuccess u're highly sighted. Though u tried! But i told u not to do this debate sha. LOL
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Nobody: 11:02am On Dec 21, 2013
Elliotwiz1: lol i'm talking about it now because i don't want something like that to happen again....what if we had lost because of that? Funniest thing is that even our opponents didn't post links...but their marks were not reduced....instead of 81 we come get 69 guy check out na, na robbing.
gud mawning bro, hw are u doing? u are very funny sir with all this ur posts and pls sir, we were told 2 write reference and nt exactly the link and my fellow debater did that, and i especially posted some links in my essay(though nt all sha).......so don't let us go into that bro.
u may be feeling dat u were cheatd, dats the basics of life, jst 4get abt it nd move on. nd let's bury the hatchet and makes sleeping dog lie sir, u've done a gud job nd God also knws that nd the main thing is dat u achieve what u want 2 achieve nd thats winning us..congratulations sir.
when the going gets tough the tough get going....hope to see u perform well in the nxt debate..the grt doctor 4rm NDU....GOD BLESS.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Nobody: 11:13am On Dec 21, 2013
lol well said bro, but actually my main reason for participating is not actually to win but to learn, didn't know that much about the topics, this debate has enlightened me even more.... i hope say i fit come chop rice on Christmas day for your house. grin grin
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Fynestboi: 11:17am On Dec 21, 2013
Unn and ksu are u guys around?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by chynazom(f): 11:25am On Dec 21, 2013
Fynestboi: Unn and ksu are u guys around?

Yes Sir!! We are around smiley
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Emmyk(m): 11:26am On Dec 21, 2013
Yes! #KSU
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Emmyk(m): 11:27am On Dec 21, 2013
chynazom:

Yes Sir!! We are around smiley
I can see you are green already. I'm shaking. embarassed embarassed
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Fynestboi: 11:28am On Dec 21, 2013
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Fynestboi: 11:29am On Dec 21, 2013
The debate is to commence by 12pm... Am onlyseeing one debaters for each school.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by chynazom(f): 11:30am On Dec 21, 2013
Fynestboi: The debate is to commence by 12pm... Am onlyseeing one debaters for each school.

Second debater is just around the corner...
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Fynestboi: 11:31am On Dec 21, 2013
chynazom:

Second debater is just around the corner...
Good.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by boay(m): 11:40am On Dec 21, 2013
*Get a chair and take the front seat; waving to the contestants and wishing them the best*
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Fynestboi: 11:45am On Dec 21, 2013
boay: *Get a chair and take the front seat; waving to the contestants and wishing them the best*
boay!!!
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by PrinceJustice(m): 11:50am On Dec 21, 2013
*Sitted* *Grabs a bottle of chilled coke* *takes a gulp* I AM GOOD TO GO
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by boay(m): 12:00pm On Dec 21, 2013
Fynestboi: boay!!!
Always with you
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by boay(m): 12:01pm On Dec 21, 2013
KSU second speaker where are you?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Fynestboi: 12:02pm On Dec 21, 2013
boay: KSU second speaker where are you?
he is there already please we can start nw.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Emmyk(m): 12:02pm On Dec 21, 2013
boay: KSU second speaker where are you?
I'm the second speaker. The first speaker will be here in a while. embarassed embarassed
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Emmyk(m): 12:03pm On Dec 21, 2013
Fynestboi: he is there already please we can start nw.
Ope oo cheesy cheesy
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Nobody: 12:28pm On Dec 21, 2013
Emmyk: Ope oo cheesy cheesy
All the best!
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Nobody: 1:43pm On Dec 21, 2013
boay and fynestboi please go and take a look at the comment made by the second judge on the NDU ...UI debate thread, maybe you'll understand what i was saying after you read her comment and to add to her point is another vital fact....most of those references in the internet may contain points against us so if our opponents open them out of curiosity and luck, all our efforts in making a solid point would become futile and even backfire.......if someone writes his essay without help from the internet and gets his mark deducted for not providing references an argument will begin again and it would be so unfair . Will you wait for such arguments before you make your decision? Even if marks will be deducted, please let it be very small or taken away from one of your points when scoring and not all, if i can get a maximum of 10 points from a perfect rebuttal and loose 6 of the points cos i didn't provide references then you are indirectly telling me that what i typed for 1 hour is not as important as something that you may not even read, please try to understand my point and make a decision to either make it a must and add it to the marking criteria of the judges or totally abolish it. Thank you
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by PrinceJustice(m): 2:35pm On Dec 21, 2013
[size=25pt]AUDIENCE WHERE YOU!!![/size]
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Omesbrit(m): 2:36pm On Dec 21, 2013
Unn guys are so hot.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by boay(m): 3:39pm On Dec 21, 2013
Grand Total

KSU=59
UNN=61

I hereby pronounce UNN as the winner.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by boay(m): 4:00pm On Dec 21, 2013
Elliotwiz1:

This is the mistake some debaters always make.; they are so impatient.

The chief coordinator deemed it fit to deduct 12 marks for total absence of references. He gave the reason for this. I only presented the decision, but you started raining insuilts and tagged me a bias man.

Nevertheless, I will still repeated this. No matter how insulting words may appear, they cant drag me out of my gentility.

Atlast, the deducted mark has been reduced to 6 instead of 12.

Total omission of references will always be worse compare to poor references.

I believe you now know the importance of references in academic circles.

I can say it plainly without any form of reservation that, I have never been bias to anyone here. The fear of God resides in me. Thanks you.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Nobody: 4:22pm On Dec 21, 2013
mr boay.... Can you please quote the exact post in which i insulted you.... We are not kids here if i say you are bias does that mean am insulting you? I believe what you posted is just a rhetoric against me nothin more, please post the comment in which the presumed insult is contained and i will apologise, failure to do that would mean it didn't happen....i rest my case.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by boay(m): 4:28pm On Dec 21, 2013
Elliotwiz1: mr boay.... Can you please quote the exact post in which i insulted you.... We are not kids here if i say you are bias does that mean am insulting you? I believe what you posted is just a rhetoric against me nothin more, please post the comment in which the presumed insult is contained and i will apologise, failure to do that would mean it didn't happen....i rest my case.

Lol

You said it. We are not kids, so we can move on. We dont need that.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Nobody: 4:39pm On Dec 21, 2013
.........ok then.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Fynestboi: 4:41pm On Dec 21, 2013
3 schools already on to the next round...

First Winner NDU
Second winner UNILAG
Third Winner UNN....
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Fynestboi: 4:44pm On Dec 21, 2013
All this week debate are all piquant and fun i love see as the mighty are fallen next week is gonna be more fun that this dont miss out..
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Fynestboi: 4:49pm On Dec 21, 2013
UNIOSUN(supporting ) vs LAUTECH (opposing)
Topic: The government is solely to blame for high unemployment rate in Nigeria.

Date: Friday-27/12/2013. Time:5pm
LASU(supporting ) vs FUNAAB(opposing )
Topic: Education kills creativity
ABUZARIA(supporting ) vs DELSU(opposing )
Topic: childhood experience is responsible for how people turn out?

UNIOSUN(supporting ) vs LAUTECH (opposing)
Topic: The government is solely to blame for high unemployment rate in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (105)

Chrisland Breaks Silence On Sex Scandal, 5 Pupils Misbehaved In Dubai / List Of Professional Bodies (exams) In Nigeria / 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.