Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,935 members, 7,873,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:35 AM

APC Ravaging Imo State With Massive Debts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Ravaging Imo State With Massive Debts (2519 Views)

Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) / Senate Committee On Debts & Loans Visit Lagos To Inspect Projects / IBB, Abdulsalami Reconcile Gov. Aliyu Of Niger State With Deputy Gov. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Ravaging Imo State With Massive Debts by Tundeolaniyi: 8:12am On Nov 02, 2013
Owerri – The People’s Democratic Party (PDP) in Imo has accused Gov. Rochas Okorocha of mortgaging the state through loans collected from banks.

The chairman of the party in the state, Chief Eze Duruiheoma, made the accusation on Friday at a news conference.

Duruiheoma said the governor had collected N47 billion from a bank and diverted it to an unknown account.

okorochaHe also said the governor had taken an additional N15 billion loan from the same bank through the help of sole administrators of local governments.

The chairman called on the governor to let the public know the exact amount the state owed banks and other creditors.

He also accused the governor of awarding contracts without regard to due process, describing it as “another attempt to fleece the state treasury.”

The chairman condemned the sack of local government officials by the governor, saying the local government system had lost more than N100 billion as a result.

He also decried the outsourcing of artisan jobs to foreigners by the governor, citing the importation of school uniforms from China, which he said could have been carried out by local tailors.

“It is on record that this governor has outsourced to his international partners such artisan jobs as tailoring, bricklaying and carpentry thereby starving this crucial segment of the economy of funds.

“Local artisans would have greatly benefited from these jobs he insists on outsourcing to artisans from China and Lebanon. ”

He lamented that the governor was in the habit of abandoning projects initiated by his predecessor and also complained about the poor quality of the projects carried out by him.

“Abandoned projects litter the streets of Owerri and local government areas; the few completed ones awarded to non-professionals were done with little respect to quality.

“The consequences are that the roads so poorly constructed have gone bad in less than six months of completion.”

Reacting to the allegations, the Senior Special Assistant on Media to the governor, Mr Sam Onwuamaodo, said the governor never took any loan from any bank.

Onwuamaodo said the governor had challenged politicians in the state to show proof that he obtained any loan from any bank. (NAN)
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/11/imo-pdp-accuses-okorocha-mortgaging-state-governor-fires-back/#sthash.PZRhhEoI.dpuf

1 Like

Re: APC Ravaging Imo State With Massive Debts by Tundeolaniyi: 8:13am On Nov 02, 2013
If this is true then I will withdraw my support for APC. This is even more worrisome when the gov cannot point to any thing done with all these monies.

1 Like

Re: APC Ravaging Imo State With Massive Debts by muktarl: 9:15am On Nov 02, 2013
why are apc goons not here? if this were to be pdp state you would have seen what will hapen. this is to show you that yorubas has over the years used the media to swing things to their favor. Good a thing they have lost that ground, because there is hardly any reputable or credible news print from the yoruba land anymore. the major electronic media is (thisday and guardian). am yet to see anything that rochas has achieved in 3years with all the loans he has been taking without looking back. all the roads i saw in oweri and olru has been abandoned for the past 2years now. contractors are owed.

2 Likes

Re: APC Ravaging Imo State With Massive Debts by Longeria(m): 11:05am On Nov 02, 2013
The annihilation of IMO by APC and Okorocha continues

1 Like

Re: APC Ravaging Imo State With Massive Debts by ikweremilitant: 11:24am On Nov 02, 2013
Tundeolaniyi: If this is true then I will withdraw my support for APC. This is even more worrisome when the gov cannot point to any thing done with all these monies.
i stay in owere nd am frm rivers,truely ds okorocha guy is a huge joke.frm d free tethary edu is a fraud. D roads constructd re substandard,d impeachment scandle were d contractor involvd indictd hs comisoner 4 finance hs nt beng resolvd.d state does nt lok lyk a state dat hs spent 20bilon dolas on roads lyk d gov cliam.

1 Like

Re: APC Ravaging Imo State With Massive Debts by Brimmie(m): 12:01pm On Nov 02, 2013
BORING

2 Likes

Re: APC Ravaging Imo State With Massive Debts by takedat(m): 1:15pm On Nov 02, 2013
Tundeolaniyi:

Reacting to the allegations, the Senior Special Assistant on Media to the governor, Mr Sam Onwuamaodo, said the governor never took any loan from any bank.

Onwuamaodo said the governor had challenged politicians in the state to show proof that he obtained any loan from any bank. (NAN)

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/11/imo-pdp-accuses-okorocha-mortgaging-state-governor-fires-back/#sthash.PZRhhEoI.dpuf

Allegations do not prove themselves. He who alleges must prove. The PDP should show proof, and stop making wild allegations without producing evidence. If the PDP had performed well in Imo state, the party wont be the opposition today!

7 Likes

Re: APC Ravaging Imo State With Massive Debts by cjrane: 1:30pm On Nov 02, 2013
[size=15pt][b]
Exactly the same thing being done to ruin the future of Imo state, is the same hidden plan for the destruction of Anambra under APC.

Consider for a moment that the same people now in APC,both their army generals,El rufai, etc have been the most rabid anti-Igbo individuals in the history of Nigeria. Indeed, some former Awo's followers of Action Group and UPN as Bisi Akande etc are today in APC!

The same people that have opposed any good thing coming to Igboland,frustrated any federal project or road slated for Igboland to become abandoned, skewed the number of states in Nigeria against Igbos,conduct bogus census to deliberately under count Igboland population in order to deny them resources due them, Use border demarcation to carve out any oil fields away from Igboland, even if the villagers speak Igbo and want to remain with their kith and kin in the same state.

The very same people that would rather have Mrs. Stella Oduah hang on thumped up charges for making Enugu airport international.The same people that have cheered when Igbos are killed in other parts of Nigeria, the very same people that would shout "Igbos go to your village" and actually physically grab Igbos from their streets and deport them in the dead of the night.

They are the same people now clamoring for "good things" to come to Igboland through their Islamic APC. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Do you need a soothsayer to tell you they are up to their wicked plans again?[/b][/size]

13 Likes

Re: APC Ravaging Imo State With Massive Debts by eaglechild: 3:55pm On Nov 02, 2013
This is exactly the scenario in Lagos state.
APC is a party of debtors.
https://www.nairaland.com/1494874/indebted-lagos-state-goes-more

2 Likes

Re: APC Ravaging Imo State With Massive Debts by muktarl: 4:10pm On Nov 02, 2013
eaglechild: This is exactly the scenario in Lagos state.
APC is a party of debtors.
https://www.nairaland.com/1494874/indebted-lagos-state-goes-more

i have every reason to believe that apc has bought over nl. if not tell me why this news cannot make front page. anambra people open your eyes, dont allow this debt friendly party. they have messed up imo state now they looking for the next state. i saw the way tinubu frog eyes were turning in onitsha with delight when he imagine how much they can make from taxing people in the city.

4 Likes

Re: APC Ravaging Imo State With Massive Debts by gramci: 5:33pm On Nov 02, 2013
Thief just like Tinubu

1 Like

Re: APC Ravaging Imo State With Massive Debts by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:05pm On Nov 02, 2013
When did imo state delved from APGA to APC that APC now has to take the whole blame for rochas's incompetence?

Has Rochas ever been a good leader before?

1 Like

Re: APC Ravaging Imo State With Massive Debts by Nobody: 12:12am On Nov 03, 2013
Seriously, there is nothing going on in Imo state again! Almost if not all d projects have been suspended. I just pray he completes dis road construction he started in Orlu since 2011

1 Like

Re: APC Ravaging Imo State With Massive Debts by Tintinix: 2:05am On Nov 03, 2013
Rochas whether in APC or APGA is a huge disappointment! He had the support of the people and still could not deliver.

1 Like

Re: APC Ravaging Imo State With Massive Debts by biafranqueen: 3:01am On Nov 03, 2013
This is what will happen to my beloved state if they fail to peep game and recognize in 2 weeks, they would never help the East to develop.

3 Likes

Re: APC Ravaging Imo State With Massive Debts by Abagworo(m): 6:34am On Nov 03, 2013
biafranqueen: This is what will happen to my beloved state if they fail to peep game and recognize in 2 weeks, they would never help the East to develop.

You are from Nnewi. Is there any reason for neglecting Nnewi the level it has been neglected? Use your tongue and count your teeth to understand that development is gradual but Imo has experienced accelerated development outside the capital in the last 2years. Compare 120 schools plus free education plus multiple road constructions all at the same time within 2 years to any other State and you will truthfully understand.

Look carefully at these pictures which were taken in Orlu and observe that work is still ongoing and it is obvious that they will be concluded before the end of this dry season. Some are still at earth work level, others are at stone base level while some parts are asphalted 1st layer. And mind you the drainages will be covered as some have already been covered with walkways.

2 Likes

Re: APC Ravaging Imo State With Massive Debts by chino24: 6:59am On Nov 03, 2013
Abagworo:

You are from Nnewi. Is there any reason for neglecting Nnewi the level it has been neglected? Use your tongue and count your teeth to understand that development is gradual but Imo has experienced accelerated development outside the capital in the last 2years. Compare 120 schools plus free education plus multiple road constructions all at the same time within 2 years to any other State and you will truthfully understand.

Look carefully at these pictures which were taken in Orlu and observe that work is still ongoing and it is obvious that they will be concluded before the end of this dry season. Some are still at earth work level, others are at stone base level while some parts are asphalted 1st layer. And mind you the drainages will be covered as some have already been covered with walkways.

Must you always bring your 'compare game' whenever you are nipped in the bud? Comparing Nnewi and Orlu is like comparing light and darkness. I passed through orlu and owerri recently on my way to ph, all I saw in the two towns were abandoned, substandared and shabby road projects littered for more than 2years now. I am going back to ph tomorrow, I will take pictures to prove to you what is on the ground and I will share it here immediately. I didn't take pictures before because I felt it wasn't necessary.

This is a government that borrowed over 200 billion in the last 2years, we are yet to see that reflect on imo state and its people, but rather the state is more impoverished, with no single completed road to show for it. Is this eyesore road you posted above what the gov has to show for all the debt he has heaped on the poor people of Imo state? What has he done in areas of health, education, employment generation etc? It is zero. The fact is that okorosha failed the people of imo state, ohakim was better off.

3 Likes

Re: APC Ravaging Imo State With Massive Debts by banki(m): 7:00am On Nov 03, 2013
Its funny how some people go from thread to thread. Abusing other peoples religious belifs ethnicity and political views
Imo state has members on pdp board of trustees,we've had ministers,a speaker,etc from imo! What did this people do for imolites apart from enriching their. Own pockets?
If ohakim and the pdp performed. Well they would be in power! Kema. Chikwe was minister of avaiation capt iheanacho was minister of interior emmanuel. Iwuanyawu are. From there I still wonder why the roads the health care educatioon didn't work and now people. Critisize rochas for. Attempting to. Succed were they. Failed
How many of. This clowns. Shouting. We want an igbo president. Vote. Ikemba odimegwu ojukwu when he contested? How manyy of them. Vooted alex ekwueme in the pdp. Primaries,or. Even. Rochas? They. Are cash and carry politicians. How come 4different ibo men. Have been chairmen of pdp and. Yet. Couldn't deliever ibo vicepresidency or even president
They voted obj instead of. Ekwueme then they say. Yorubas. Are. The. Problem,theyy. Voted. Yaradua instead of ojukwu then they say muslims and hausas are the. Problem! I tire. For this hypocrits

3 Likes

Re: APC Ravaging Imo State With Massive Debts by Psylas(m): 7:21am On Nov 03, 2013
muktarl:

i have every reason to believe that apc has bought over nl. if not tell me why this news cannot make front page. anambra people open your eyes, dont allow this debt friendly party. they have messed up imo state now they looking for the next state. i saw the way tinubu frog eyes were turning in onitsha with delight when he imagine how much they can make from taxing people in the city.

are you waitinq for someone to tell u that nairaland belongs to apc(nzuko ndi ofe mmanu)

1 Like

Re: APC Ravaging Imo State With Massive Debts by Longeria(m): 10:05am On Nov 03, 2013
Abagworo:

sharaaaaaaaaaap, the picture is taken from Owerri.
Re: APC Ravaging Imo State With Massive Debts by Abagworo(m): 10:29am On Nov 03, 2013
Longeria: sharaaaaaaaaaap, the picture is taken from Owerri.

I guess its too difficult for you to believe then but that's Orlu and nothing near Owerri. This one is Orlu-Ideato road at Mgbee which was cut off by erosion in the past. They tried in the erosion control here but a lot needs to be done to prevent future reccurence and more funds is definitely required.

http://nigerianhotlinenews.com/news/762-okorocha-appeals-to-fg-to-save-ideato-orlu-people

1 Like

Re: APC Ravaging Imo State With Massive Debts by IGBOSON1: 11:51am On Nov 03, 2013
I don't know why he can't use better contractors to build those township roads! They don't look appealing!
Re: APC Ravaging Imo State With Massive Debts by Abagworo(m): 12:12pm On Nov 03, 2013
IGBO-SON:
I don't know why he can't use better contractors to build those township roads! They don't look appealing!

They will look better when completed. Most uncompleted roads look even worse but when completed with sidewalks and markings, they look better. My 2nd observation is that the recent jobs are no longer done with bricks which I believe gives those shabby looks on the median. The cast type looks much better and is recently being used in other parts of the town. I noticed MCC is doing most of the jobs and I believe it was re-awarded to them. MCC did good jobs in Rivers State.
Re: APC Ravaging Imo State With Massive Debts by biafranqueen: 10:37pm On Nov 03, 2013
Abagworo:

I liked your post because if you go to my first post I was a big critic of Obi I was the one that exposed his shopping mall in Abuja and also his brother. It was not until a delegation spoke to him in a visit to Texas and in Awka that we started to get some progress from his Government. In Nnewi. Irresponsible leaders can not lead responsible people. When we started demanding results things started happening, that is what I feel you should focus on in Imo instead of trying to force APC on us. Since we have built a relationship and we are seeing progress in the industrial and business sectors we would like to continue with his do called puppet so we don't lose traction. We have a good commissioner in the commerce department most of all and he is great at bringing in investors. We don't want to start all over, when we are now making progress. People don't get it, putting down Chief Willy for talking business. The more business's that are thriving the more jobs created, the standard of living is increased for the average citizen. Please leave us to continue with are progress in the business sector. The roads are coming and the business is booming focus on your area it really needs it. New road will not feed your kinsman

1 Like

Re: APC Ravaging Imo State With Massive Debts by amakenny: 11:37pm On Nov 03, 2013
Abagworo:

I guess its too difficult for you to believe then but that's Orlu and nothing near Owerri. This one is Orlu-Ideato road at Mgbee which was cut off by erosion in the past. They tried in the erosion control here but a lot needs to be done to prevent future reccurence and more funds is definitely required.

http://nigerianhotlinenews.com/news/762-okorocha-appeals-to-fg-to-save-ideato-orlu-people
But Abagworo, we have to be frank with ourselves, those roads in Orlu have remained uncompleted as they were nearly one and half years ago. People are now fearful of Gov. Okorocha's intentions.

And a drainage system started by old Gov. Ikwecheghi Amadi, stopped, and work reopened by Owelle has remained in a standstill all these one and half years.
If that major drainage work is not completed, erosion from the next rainy season shall wash away whatever the thickness of roads built in Orlu. The place is deeply erosion prone.

1 Like

Re: APC Ravaging Imo State With Massive Debts by tomakint: 11:52pm On Nov 03, 2013
After swearing to an 'oath of secrecy' sharing blood of the brotherhood, while the Jaganban bankrolled their tribunal cases why won't APC governors borrow and morgage the future of their respective states according to the 'Lion or is it Leopard of Bourdillion' now!

(1) (2) (Reply)

ABIA Stinks Says Billionaire Arthur Eze / Pictures Of Isreali Soldiers And Palestinians You Never See / I Am Now For Buhari!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.