Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,493 members, 7,978,616 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 11:28 AM

November: A Month For The Rememberance Of The Deceased - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / November: A Month For The Rememberance Of The Deceased (490 Views)

I Need A Loan Of 10k To Get 15k For A Month / Jesus Coming In A Month? Mother Claims Daughter Pregnant With Jesus! / Thread In Rememberance Of The Great Pagan Ancestors Who Led Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

November: A Month For The Rememberance Of The Deceased by Nobody: 9:36am On Nov 02, 2013
I went for morning mass today. Actually, I went for confession and I met the mass. The mass ended and the priest went into the sacristy. The confession was to follow immediately but the priest came back to the altar to start another mass. I was kindda pissed and confused though I patiently waited to see what was going on. He declared the 2nd mass was for the remembrance of the dead. He mentioned the names of some pple because the mass was booked for them. I was shocked when he mentioned the names of 9 different pple with the same surname. I learnt it was a whole family who died on the same day; car accident. I was touched and after the mass, he told the congregation that the month of November is a month dedicated to the dead. He urged everyone to say a prayer for the dead even if it is just a single 'Hail Mary'.
May The Soul Of My Grand-Pa, Late Oyebowale Jonathan Rest In Perfect Peace Amen!
Happy New Month O!
Pray For Your Deceased Loved Ones; Friends, Neighbours, Relative.
Re: November: A Month For The Rememberance Of The Deceased by Lovetinz(m): 10:02am On Nov 02, 2013
My
One
Minute
of
Silence
Re: November: A Month For The Rememberance Of The Deceased by Nobody: 10:03am On Nov 02, 2013
Rides in with my e-porshe

Stories that touch lipsrsealed
R.I.P Poverty, i dont miss you at all grin

(1) (Reply)

Not Having Offering, Can It Prevent You Not Going To Church? / the Roots of Atheism / The Holy Spirit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.