Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,355 members, 7,920,337 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 02:37 AM

Short Simple Versus Long "Complex" Prayers. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Short Simple Versus Long "Complex" Prayers. (423 Views)

5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers / Muhammad Versus Jesus Christ / Gospel Music Versus Secular Music (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Short Simple Versus Long "Complex" Prayers. by Vuvuzzela: 2:41pm On Nov 03, 2013
Hi everyone, I hope you are having the best of your weekends and your Sunday in particular. This question just popped in my head this morning while I said my prayers over my meal.

Why we enjoy the sight of today's meeting between the two celestial bodies, namely the sun and the moon, please permit me to digress a little.

Q: Why do most of us, Nigerians and Africans say fast, quick, short, simple prayers over meals before we eat and graduate to strongly worded, long, and more complicated versions when we need a spouse, car, job, etc?

Make una no vex oo. Make we discuss a beg.

Thanks.
Re: Short Simple Versus Long "Complex" Prayers. by Nobody: 3:10pm On Nov 03, 2013
Vuvuzzela: Hi everyone, I hope you are having the best of your weekends and your Sunday in particular. This question just popped in my head this morning while I said my prayers over my meal.

Why we enjoy the sight of today's meeting between the two celestial bodies, namely the sun and the moon, please permit me to digress a little.

Q: Why do most of us, Nigerians and Africans say fast, quick, short, simple prayers over meals before we eat and graduate to strongly worded, long, and more complicated versions when we need a spouse, car, job, etc?

Make una no vex oo. Make we discuss a beg.

Thanks.

Both are complete waste of time. Weather long or short

(1) (Reply)

Spiritual Digest For The Day 7th 0f November 2013 / In The Beginning. God. / Why Are My Prayers Unanswered And Unsuccesful

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.