Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,899 members, 7,872,929 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:36 AM

Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu (18338 Views)

Anambra University Shut Over Killing Of Female Student / I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe / UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu by tomakint: 10:14pm On Nov 03, 2013
Anambrarians, I say weldone for according a great man as Dim Ojukwu a worthy remembrance as you do this, forget not the elections coming up later this month and do the NEEDFUL to finally immortalize the man, Emeka Odumegwu Ojukwu!

3 Likes

Re: Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu by Garrithe1st: 10:16pm On Nov 03, 2013
FreeGlobe:
^
says the most retttarded nairalander with a mustard seed brain. fool

That Ojukwu was abandoned is a verifiable "fat"..... grin

1 Like

Re: Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu by FreeGlobe(f): 10:16pm On Nov 03, 2013
Illuminatus: Dim Chukwuemeka
Odumegwu Ojukwu University. God, that sounds weird!
Anyhow it sounds, we will accept it unlike the world record betrayers did with MAULAG grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu by Slizbeat(m): 10:17pm On Nov 03, 2013
Nice.
Re: Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu by FreeGlobe(f): 10:19pm On Nov 03, 2013
Garri the 1st:

That Ojukwu was abandoned is a verifiable "fat"..... grin
and you know this because you are part of ojukwu family mad man, atleast ojukwu did not kill himself with rat poison like awo your god.

8 Likes

Re: Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu by DuduNegro: 10:42pm On Nov 03, 2013
Gburugburu University, Uli, Anambra.

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu by ACM10: 10:50pm On Nov 03, 2013
gramci:

so awolowo and Ahmadu Bello were scholars

That's the hypocrisy we keep talking about.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu by gramci: 3:14am On Nov 04, 2013
Waspy: There they go again. Always comparing and measuring up against standards. Must you?

shameless hypocrite

1 Like

Re: Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu by CyberG: 5:15am On Nov 04, 2013
It's all politics and emotional people ALWAYS buy it wholesale! Master stroke! Bring it on Obi + Obiamo!
Re: Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu by NRIPRIEST(m): 5:33am On Nov 04, 2013
Wow,I love that. Anambra should also immortalize Achebe,too.

1 Like

Re: Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu by Noneroone(m): 5:35am On Nov 04, 2013
mikrotik-ng:

they go together
Yes, but delicate matters as this requires the consultation of stakeholders and even a nod from the leglistlature. It could end up a mere political statement.
Re: Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu by bestviewer: 6:13am On Nov 04, 2013
FreeGlobe:
Anyhow it sounds, we will accept it unlike the world record betrayers did with MAULAG grin grin

Nwanne kedu ije..

I nwetara email mu zigara gi?

Lets play it cool..dalu
Re: Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu by cKaiser: 6:20am On Nov 04, 2013
Would all the student now be cowards like Ojukwu?

1 Like

Re: Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu by Tosin7(f): 6:41am On Nov 04, 2013
This is one Nigerian I respect so much. A brave fine officer that held his ground for 3years and put his life on the line just to liberate his people. Its a feat not even Hitler with all the Armour could achieve. Am sure Ojukwu will forever live in the heart of every Iboman. Am yet to see any selfless world leader to compare to this guy.

8 Likes

Re: Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu by Tosin7(f): 6:44am On Nov 04, 2013
I can rank this guy the greatest Nigerian ever lived. He looms larger even in death.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu by Tosin7(f): 6:48am On Nov 04, 2013
"Chukwuemeka "Emeka" Odumegwu-Ojukwu was born on 4 November 1933 at Zungeru in northern Nigeria to Sir Louis Odumegwu Ojukwu, a businessman from Nnewi, Anambra State in south-eastern Nigeria. Sir Louis was in the transport business; he took advantage of the business boom during the Second World War to become one of the richest men in Nigeria. He began his educational career in Lagos, southwestern Nigeria.[7]

In 1944, he was briefly imprisoned for assaulting a white British colonial teacher who was humiliating a black woman at King's College in Lagos, an event which generated widespread coverage in local newspapers. At 13, his father sent him overseas to study in the UK, first at Epsom College and later at Lincoln College, Oxford University, where he earned a Masters degree in history. He returned to colonial Nigeria in 1956."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C._Odumegwu_Ojukwu

First African to graduate from Oxford University. Its a great feat.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu by Delafruita(m): 6:56am On Nov 04, 2013
Tosin7: This is one Nigerian I respect so much. A brave fine officer that held his ground for 3years and put his life on the line just to liberate his people. Its a feat not even Hitler with all the Armour could achieve. Am sure Ojukwu will forever live in the heart of every Iboman. Am yet to see any selfless world leader to compare to this guy.
do you know what selfless means?perhaps your definition of "world" is limited to ala-Igbo
Re: Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu by Tosin7(f): 7:06am On Nov 04, 2013
Delafruita: do you know what selfless means?perhaps your definition of "world" is limited to ala-Igbo

Does it mean that Nigeria has degenerated to the bottom that a non Ibo cannot see the truth and say it. I am not Ibo, I am a history just like Ojukwu, I have read so much about him to know that his likes comes once in every 1 million years. During my undergraduate studies, in the study of Nigerian history the story of Ojukwu stood out. Out there many many Yorubas worship Ojukwu, it was only on NL that saw bitterness among our people. Its so bad for our future.

6 Likes

Re: Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu by yomexp(m): 7:33am On Nov 04, 2013
Tosin7:

Does it mean that Nigeria has degenerated to the bottom that a non Ibo cannot see the truth and say it. I am not Ibo, I am a history just like Ojukwu, I have read so much about him to know that his likes comes once in every 1 million years. During my undergraduate studies, in the study of Nigerian history the story of Ojukwu stood out. Out there many many Yorubas worship Ojukwu, it was only on NL that saw bitterness among our people. Its so bad for our future.

some people sha like to form YORUBA...to feel accepted na wa o...

5 Likes

Re: Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu by kokoA(m): 7:34am On Nov 04, 2013
So Anambra get state University?.. I never knew o.
Re: Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu by Nobody: 7:51am On Nov 04, 2013
Peter obi is toying with the emotions of ndigbo.

The whole thing is just a political statement just like GEJ did with UNILAG, thinking honouring MKO would make yorubas like him, as soon as a negative response surfaced, he rescind his decision.

As soon as apga lose or win the election, status quo will continue i.e ANSU would continue beign ANSU.

Btw, did NUC approve that?

I thought it was just the other tribes that liked praising igbos sarcastically, floating their boats and deluding them until Adaobi came into the picture.
Re: Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu by ChimaAgbalajob: 8:29am On Nov 04, 2013
TribalEAST: Peter obi is toying with the emotions of ndigbo.

The whole thing is just a political statement just like GEJ did with UNILAG, thinking honouring MKO would make yorubas like him, as soon as a negative response surfaced, he rescind his decision.

As soon as apga lose or win the election, status quo will continue i.e ANSU would continue beign ANSU.

Btw, did NUC approve that?

I thought it was just the other tribes that liked praising igbos sarcastically, floating their boats and deluding them until Adaobi came into the picture.

Shatap there!
Nwa ofe mili!

1 Like

Re: Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu by fkaz(m): 9:15am On Nov 04, 2013
gramci:

so awolowo and Ahmadu Bello were scholars

Sharaap Don't compare the likes of AWO, ZIK, AHMADU BELLO with ojukwu. Those men were the brain behind nigeria foremost university.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu by Vickybanks: 9:38am On Nov 04, 2013
Bullshit, stupid peter obi
Re: Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu by mannyiyke: 9:52am On Nov 04, 2013
ik4life: awolowo had a phd,ahmadu bello I don't know
It's a lie. Awolowo neva had a Ph.D.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu by fkaz(m): 9:53am On Nov 04, 2013
FreeGlobe:
and you know this because you are part of ojukwu family mad man, atleast ojukwu did not kill himself with rat poison like awo your god.

Are you talking of Awo, A man who left behind a respected family and you are comparing him with that coward who left behind bastards called children with a disgruntled wife.

@freeglobe stop washing your dirty outside

1 Like

Re: Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu by mannyiyke: 9:54am On Nov 04, 2013
TribalEAST: Ngige will change the name. angry grin
I agree with u totally. Ngige will surely change the name.
Re: Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu by vanstanzy(m): 9:58am On Nov 04, 2013
L.M Ayedun..:
Anambra State University in Uli has been renamed after the Late Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu in celebration of his 80th posthumous birthday. 

The Anambra State Governor, Peter Obi, announced the renaming in a live broadcast on the television station of the Anambra Broadcasting Service.

He reiterated the commitment of his administration to restoring standards which demand a simultaneous transformation of all sectors and the recognition of role models.

He urged the people of Anambra State to continue to seek ways of making the state a great one.

Late Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu was a Nigerian military officer and politician. He served as the Military Governor of the Eastern Region of Nigeria in 1966.

He was the leader of the unsuccessful breakaway Republic of Biafra from 1967 to 1970 and a Nigerian politician from 1983 until he died on November 26, 2011, aged 78.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/11/03/anambra-university-renamed-after-ojukwu/?

That's great! calls for celebration.

1 Like

Re: Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu by Orikinla(m): 10:05am On Nov 04, 2013
Just call it Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University (COOU).
Re: Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu by Bpriest(m): 10:15am On Nov 04, 2013
They are going to form cantankerous cowards. grin grin
Or only cantankerous cowards have the right to enroll.them plenty in the east cool
Re: Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu by Italiano1: 10:19am On Nov 04, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Moremi Hall In Obafemi Awolowo University On Fire. / OAU Slashes Tuition / UNILORIN Law Faculty Rated Best In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.