Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,810 members, 7,889,639 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 05:15 PM

Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. (32685 Views)

5 Signs Of Irresponsibility Shown By Men / OPINION POLL: Silent Treatment - Maturity/immaturity? Good OR Bad? / Signs Of Immaturity In Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by deols(f): 5:21pm On Nov 04, 2013
Sissie: No 1 is not caused by immaturity, but I agree with op on the rest LOL

I am surprised many see it as normal sha.

Anger never stopped me from getting what I wanted. I don't get angry to the extent of losing out, ever.

The only thing that keeps me angry is the inability to express myself. When I say it out, I am immediately relieved and if getting something from the one who offended me is the next thing to do, I'll do it without qualms.
Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by freecocoa(f): 5:23pm On Nov 04, 2013
deols:

Being angry is normal. So is eating.

They should not have to affect each other.

Just like my being angry won't stop me from my wife duties. So shall his being angry not stop him from eating.

Looks like something to discuss before marriage sef.

Lol you must be joking or have never gotten really angry.
Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by Deschil: 5:30pm On Nov 04, 2013
Awesome post! The saddest specie of men are those who compete with their wives/girlfriends. That's like the worst trait a man can have.
Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by Jerry24kay(m): 5:32pm On Nov 04, 2013
venous:

u think so? he goes to the pot when I go to bed cos he knows my kitchen standard... so i do not bother when he refuses to eat smiley smiley smiley smiley

lolzz
funny man indeed ... is he akpos
Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by lafuria1(m): 5:34pm On Nov 04, 2013
I don't agree that number one is immaturity, its human nature, people get angry and express their anger in various forms like not eating , not talking. there are wives who wont cook for the husband, rather its the daughters that do the cook. a balance is required, it shouldn't be a normal occurrence.

as for number 4, it isn't right to report her to family and friends, one should be humble enough to solve whatever problem it is. however I feel if the union is coming to an end, its preferable to contact someone elderly.
Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by deols(f): 5:34pm On Nov 04, 2013
Mr Aboki:

OMO!!!!!!!!!! shocked shocked

I am a married man and sitting here right here right now trying to picture myself in such a situation, I still dont know what I would do... shocked shocked

That is the problem with Lording over the wife. The day that she decides that it is enough, the man loses his power and prestige.

But she could have acted differently..it must have been hard on the man.

1 Like

Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by shitshappen(m): 5:36pm On Nov 04, 2013
Op either you are a troublesome wife or a single man. Ogodo ga eru nwoke ebe o ruru ibe ya.

1 Like

Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by creativemusic: 5:36pm On Nov 04, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by deols(f): 5:38pm On Nov 04, 2013
freecocoa: Lol you must be joking or have never gotten really angry.

I donno again o.

Would you have seen it as normal and not care that the food was not eaten?

Would you cook the next time he is angry even though unsure of whether he would eat or not?
Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by MrAboki: 5:49pm On Nov 04, 2013
deols:

That is the problem with Lording over the wife. The day that she decides that it is enough, the man loses his power and prestige.

But she could have acted differently..it must have been hard on the man.

Sometimes, life is not as straight forward as it appears.

I have a friend that I forsee a break-up in their marriage in the not too distant future. Infact, when once she puts to bed, I see her calling off the marriage.

The guy has abused, beaten and rubbished her as best as he can.

I got wind of certain bits and pieces of their story and all I can say is that the guy has issues. However, because of the guys attitude, the wife has also stopped even trying to be the peace maker that she initially was. Now its a matter of whatever.

They both live in the same house but he does not talk to his pregnant wife.
He calls his pregnant wife a LovePeddler.
Throws a tantrum, breaks things and smashes stuff near and around her (because he cant hit her now that she is heavily pregnant).

I would have had a chat with him, but all I want to do now is hire thugs to whoop his as|s because if his wife were my sister, I would have hurt him really bad.

Marriage is not an easy matter.

It takes 90% work, endurance and perserverance and 10% love to keep a marriage together.

3 Likes

Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by Sissie(f): 5:49pm On Nov 04, 2013
deols:

I am surprised many see it as normal sha.

Anger never stopped me from getting what I wanted. I don't get angry to the extent of losing out, ever.

The only thing that keeps me angry is the inability to express myself. When I say it out, I am immediately relieved and if getting something from the one who offended me is the next thing to do, I'll do it without qualms.

Many people actually find it normal, some people do not eat when angry, LOL.
Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by Bluesky202: 5:52pm On Nov 04, 2013
infact, dt is wat is happenin n most home
Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by baron2000(m): 5:53pm On Nov 04, 2013
hafi: Got this as a broadcast, would love to know those for the women folks......

*** Signs Of Immaturity In Marriage: FOR MEN ***

1) Rejecting food wen there's an issue:

Oga husband, you gave your wife money for food and after it was prepared you refuse to eat because you dey vex. Its one of the greatest signs of
immaturity, its time to grow up! You should not even abandon your home for any reason, you could go somewhere wen angry but ensure that you don't allow it 2 linger unnecessarily because dat is enough for the devil to build on.

2) Telling your wife severally that you are the head:

May I let you know that even when your wife disobeys/ disrespect you she
still knows that you are the head. Yu need not shout or scream it daily. Its important for you to know when and how to be firm and put yur feet down over issues, however don't become a nagging husband just to prove that you are the head.

3) Issuing threats:

Beating, verbally abusing your wife, issuing threats of divorce or bragging abt marrying another wife does not make you a man. Your strength is in your ability to tame your tongue and control your fist. When she is acting her "childish woman" part, play the "matured man."

4) Reporting your wife to friends and family:

Wen yur wife offends, correct and talk things through. You don't have to tell everyone about her mistakes, that will paint her black nd sell her cheap such that you will not be able to redeem her back. It is also out of place for any man to love his mother more than his wife and kids, doing this only sets up your home for crisis.

5) Competition:

Have you seen couples who compete with each other over material acquisitions? Their properties and investments are always in separate names.
As the wife borrows to buy a Ferrari, the husband is running after a bugatti. How childish can we be? This also leads to insecurity, jealousy and inferiority/
superiority complex. Please let's check ourselves and work as a team

If there is such a man as this i pity our generation. It is pathetic. Even the sound of it.
Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by dayokanu(m): 5:59pm On Nov 04, 2013
After you just fight your wife and she tells you I would show you pepper

is that the appropriate time to ask her for food? Dont be surprised if you are consuming Gamallin 20

The Bible says we should use our common sense

1 Like

Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by deols(f): 6:01pm On Nov 04, 2013
baron2000:

If there is such a man as this i pity our generation. It is pathetic. Even the sound of it.

A man with three or more of those traits is bad market grin
Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by deols(f): 6:02pm On Nov 04, 2013
Mr Aboki:

Sometimes, life is not as straight forward as it appears.

I have a friend that I forsee a break-up in their marriage in the not too distant future. Infact, when once she puts to bed, I see her calling off the marriage.

The guy has abused, beaten and rubbished her as best as he can.

I got wind of certain bits and pieces of their story and all I can say is that the guy has issues. However, because of the guys attitude, the wife has also stopped even trying to be the peace maker that she initially was. Now its a matter of whatever.

They both live in the same house but he does not talk to his pregnant wife.
He calls his pregnant wife a LovePeddler.
Throws a tantrum, breaks things and smashes stuff near and around her (because he cant hit her now that she is heavily pregnant).

I would have had a chat with him, but all I want to do now is hire thugs to whoop his as|s because if his wife were my sister, I would have hurt him really bad.

Marriage is not an easy matter.

It takes 90% work, endurance and perserverance and 10% love to keep a marriage together.
Hmmmmn.

O ga o.
Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by Ntabeh: 6:16pm On Nov 04, 2013
Haha
Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by Ntabeh: 6:19pm On Nov 04, 2013
What do u do when he start calling his gf b4 u just to make u understand he has an alternative
Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by moshino(m): 6:33pm On Nov 04, 2013
hafi: Got this as a broadcast, would love to know those for the women folks......

Oga husband, you gave your wife money for food and after it was prepared you refuse to eat because you dey vex. Its one of the greatest signs of
immaturity, its time to grow up! You should not even abandon your home for any reason, you could go somewhere wen angry but ensure that you don't allow it 2 linger unnecessarily because dat is enough for the devil to build on.

still knows that you are the head. Yu need not shout or scream it daily. Its important for you to know when and how to be firm and put yur feet down over issues, however don't become a nagging husband just to prove that you are the head.

3) Issuing threats:

Beating, verbally abusing your wife, issuing threats of divorce or bragging abt marrying another wife does not make you a man. Your strength is in your ability to tame your tongue and control your fist. When she is acting her "childish woman" part, play the "matured man."

Wen yur wife offends, correct and talk things through. You don't have to tell everyone about her mistakes, that will paint her black nd sell her cheap such that you will not be able to redeem her back. It is also out of place for any man to love his mother more than his wife and kids, doing this only sets up your home for crisis.

5) Competition:

Have you seen couples who compete with each other over material acquisitions? Their properties and investments are always in separate names.
As the wife borrows to buy a Ferrari, the husband is running after a bugatti. How childish can we be? This also leads to insecurity, jealousy and inferiority/

Another selfish, blinded, one-ended, stupid, ignorant post/rules men should live by, posted by a woman.

2 Likes

Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by passionate88: 6:39pm On Nov 04, 2013
hafi:

5) Competition:

@bolded, why una dey jealous?. Bt una own mama go dey chop money from una yet e go dey pain una when husband buy 1 wrapper for im mama. Mama wey una no knw hw she suffer reach train pikin una jst enter im life wan control. because him dey suck una front dey knack kpekus u want make him no love im mama reach d way im love u. As for me, na my mama first b4 children then wife. My wife fit divorce me, set me up make her bf kill me so that dm go stay together bt my mama no go fit do am. I love my mom

3 Likes

Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by Yeecar(m): 6:58pm On Nov 04, 2013
latsholly: i quite agree wiv dis write up especially shoutin n naggin dat he is d head of d house. i wish my man reads dis.
No don't wish your man reads this! Stop any frustrating attitude of yours that's makng him behave that way to you!

1 Like

Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by Nobody: 6:59pm On Nov 04, 2013
@Poster and other married women.
Women are emotional. that is a simple fact. in marriage a lot of activity is based on purpose not sentiments. If you are angry, sit back and place yourself in your husband's shoes.. try to think like a man. gather your thoughts before you speak because if they come out in a woman's voice.. you will not make the right.impact. whether negative or positive.. try to coach your tongue so that every word makes the right impact not the wrong one
Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by passionate88: 7:04pm On Nov 04, 2013
Ntabeh: What do u do when he start calling his gf b4 u just to make u understand he has an alternative
Is this possible?. I don't think a sane man will do such
Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by Nobody: 7:07pm On Nov 04, 2013
Only 4 and 5 are immature as far as i am concerned. Rejecting food works like magic because if she is sensible, then she ought to be afraid of whichever sisi aka yellow lap fine girl is giving her dear hubby food out there. Before she starts feeding him other things....hehehehe......if you know what I mean grin

Ignore a husband that is rejecting your food at your own peril. cool

1 Like

Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by satellitedaisy: 7:11pm On Nov 04, 2013
10. Finding one reason or the other to blame me for his mistakes undecided
Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by Ngokafor(f): 7:22pm On Nov 04, 2013
..this rejection of food is something i never saw my dad do so am not used to it and it's kind of unsettling thinking about it..but if i may ask, is there no other way men can register their anger other than rejecting their wives food?...it's not fair at all after the suffering.
I know it will hurt me to be honest and i may not even be able to eat myself..*sighs*..
Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by Alikaxon(m): 7:23pm On Nov 04, 2013
crownie: @op, I disagree with number 1. Rejecting her food when there's an issue is just to get back at her. It's painful for women when they take time to cook a meal and their husbands don't eat it grin tongue
u ar very correct, d op is biased jus because she is a woman. It doesn't mak a man any less mature.
Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by Ekestar(m): 7:25pm On Nov 04, 2013

3) Issuing threats:

5) Competition:

Op,I hope u will not be bothered if ur brother love his wife more than ur mom,be sincere to ur self.will u not accuse the wife of using witch craft power to cage ur brother..
Again,I blv that every action must produce equal reaction except on abnormal cases.What I want to say in essence is that every reaction of a man most atimes is as a result of the woman's action,women knw how to bring sorrow to men,not all shall.
Finally,I must confess that education has done our Nigerian women much harm than good,they(women) now see men as their equal.Do not forget that when Adam and Eve sinned against God in garden of Eden,God gave them many punishment,one of them was that man will be on top of woman.Remember that this punishement was affirmed by Jesus when he said that man is head of the family,just as Jesus christ was head of the church.Until our ladies,learn to respect their husband,that's when peace,refusal to eat,beat,verbal abuse etc by men will stop.

1 Like

Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by Vello(m): 7:26pm On Nov 04, 2013
Only a woman could write a submission this simple and one-sided. I knew this before reading through the stuff.

1 Like

Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by Rejoice5000(f): 7:29pm On Nov 04, 2013
[quote
author=Dhurmynick]really
really
. like you wouldn't deprive ur husby of sex when there's an issue..

and u constantly nag to ur husband which remids him you're a woman..
just like he's telling. you he's the head

yh.. like you don't issue threats to take your children away from him.
when u hear rumors of another woman.. nd curse nd threaten ur husby most
times.

please.. like you wouldn't report to his parents if something is wrong

God made man first.. we are superior .. you were carved out of us.. u
should understand men just like we never understand you ..
competition is in every animal kingdom.. u ladies even do it to
yourselves

keep your cool and go drink beer sumwhr @ women in support

besides the woman had to have done something to cause all these.. these
behaviours just dnt come out of the blue [/quote] We know but as a man handle it as man of the house not by rejecting food, keeping silent and all that.
Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by freecocoa(f): 7:34pm On Nov 04, 2013
deols:

I donno again o.

Would you have seen it as normal and not care that the food was not eaten?

Would you cook the next time he is angry even though unsure of whether he would eat or not?
I sure would see it as normal cos its what most angry people would do(I included). It only becomes abnormal when I try all possible ways to appease him and he still refuses to eat.

Ofcourse I'll always cook abi na only am I dey cook for? Me sef go chop na, shioor.
Re: Traits Of Immaturity Displayed By Men In Marriage. by Rejoice5000(f): 7:43pm On Nov 04, 2013
[quote
author=passionate88] @bolded, why una dey jealous?. Bt una own mama go
dey chop money from una yet e go dey pain una when husband buy 1 wrapper
for im mama. Mama wey una no knw hw she suffer reach train pikin una
jst enter im life wan control. because him dey suck una front dey knack
kpekus u want make him no love im mama reach d way im love u. As for me,
na my mama first b4 children then wife. My wife fit divorce me, set me
up make her bf kill me so that dm go stay together bt my mama no go fit
do am. I love my mom[/quote] Anumanu Bush goat.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Esan/ishan Names / Man Who Refused To Marry His Wife In Court For 9 Years, Now Begs To Wed Her / Dealing With The Pressures From Married Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.