Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,175 members, 7,903,889 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 11:43 PM

Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? (36130 Views)

Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? / Lady Who Slept With Her Bosses For Promotion Cries Out / Hilarious Relationship Between Workers And Their Bosses(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by dewize01(m): 7:52pm On Nov 06, 2013
It s not that they are bad but the poverty level of their country has eaten deeply into their heads that they over work peopple with cheapp ppay. They are ready to force you to com to work evrydayincludin sunndays if u cannt reject it. All they know is work, work aNd work. Nontheless I envy them for their technological advancement. They do not know the theory but they knnow a lot of the prtacticals.

1 Like

Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Nov 06, 2013
Most Asians(Indians,Chinese,Lebanese) r bad employers here. Nothing "sweets" them like CASUAL WORKERS! People they can sack and replace immediately. When Limca Bottling Company(Indians were incharge) was still functioning then in Okigwe, Imo state. The company was largely ran by Casual workers, 0% regards for safety of the workers! Even the little main staff worked years wit little raise in pay/promotion. I can go on n on, it was terrible n I know dat majority of the workers then were not lazy but never deserved d treatment meted to them by d Indian owners

1 Like

Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by Sagamite(m): 7:59pm On Nov 06, 2013
speedyboi: Typical! Na everybody dey wicked! Indians, Dangote, mtn....etc.

Has it ever occurred to you; maybe you're probably the one with problem? undecided

Ooo...you expect them to sit and watch you run down their investments like you guys will always do in Government owned offices? Tschew.

Fact is; if I have a big company today, I may not employ Any of these 'paper' graduates

My professor used to tell me that...certificates do not give you a job, but skill does. Unfortunately, most NIgerians attended the university for the certificate and not for the urge to acquire knowledge and skills.
90% of Nigerians don't chase success in their career, they're just chasing money....smh.

Chase success! Money will definitely come

adeememman: Bro, trust me. I have tried to work with a lot of Nigerians back home when I tried to do business. Nigerians are some of the most unprofessional and difficult people to work with, especially the new graduates.

1.A lady shows up for work 1hr late and goes into another 30mins 'quiet time' (prayer) leaving customers to complain. She doesn't even care
2.staff abandon their work and attend burial, or church crusade for days and show up to be paid full salary
3.The cost of managing some Nigerians back home is high. If u hire them u have to hire someone to monitor them otherwise they steal you silly. What a crap!
4. Majority work for money and don't care about the job. Private business must make money before they pay salary
5. Some want to be compensated for a big paper degree with no expertise or hands-on skill to back it.

This is not how things work in some of this countries abroad. So don't blame foreigners who have strong work ethics. If you wana work with Nigerians back home you must be very strict, otherwise you will lose your investment. Period!

There are reasons why unemployment level in Nigeria is very high. It's not just lack of jobs but also lack of employable hands.

not someone like me who prays daily for a good job

So freaking well said, guys.

I have said it before that the human capital in Nigeria is of very low quality. Many are simply unemployable and their brains are of very low quality in thinking and reasoning. We see examples of these on NL everyday.

If I had a business in Nigeria, and I had my way, majority of my staff would not be Nigerians and I am sure many of he Nigerians would be fired due to incompetence within months of being employed.

3 Likes

Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by Italiano1: 8:00pm On Nov 06, 2013
gny kelly: consider this: 70% of america C.E.O and managers are indians. Why= they flow with the market tide.
Those ones i worked with over here have enough skill to power any economy. But they are here illegaly. Complain of how they maltreat and careless of workers welfare. You can ask NLC and govt official how they are settled when they come for inspection.
Not their fault. They swim with the tide.

That is absolutely false. CEO's and Managers of what companies?

Care to provide any evidence?
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by iyobs7(f): 8:01pm On Nov 06, 2013
Urine:

You're the ignorant one bro, I attended grad school in the UK with top graduates from India, not one single Indian finished ahead of a Nigerian. Btw "schooling in India" is not adequate to pass this type of judgment, go to the US or UK and let's know your opinion.

Mr ignoramous, please dont come and tell us u schooled in Uk. Those that schooled in UK have better reasoning than what u just displayed.
I clearly made reference to Education in Nigeria not in USA or UK. Indians migrate to USA or UK for studies and it is celebrated as if they have won a medal. Try to think before quoting me next time angry angry angry
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by pharmow: 8:04pm On Nov 06, 2013
I snivel silently when I realized the level our society has degenerated to. To be sincere with ourselves, the ethical conduct of a Nigerian worker is lower than global average. However, there are causes for these ethical misconducts which are not far-fetched. The hardship and failed promises from governance over the decades have hardened many Nigerians, and wrongly changed people's perception on ethical conducts and the way they do things generally. Another good point to mention here is our societal norm of giving recognition to people with wealth irrespective of how they amass the wealth has made people to look for fastest way to make money and make some people to have attitude that they can't kill themselves on little salary they are making. Also, the fact that the salary earned by Nigerian worker is meagre in comparison to the duties assigned makes work related ethical issues in Nigeria complex.

You can see the angle I'm coming from that there are many factors that attributes to the work ethical conducts of Nigerians. Nevertheless, I totally disagree with some people assertion that Nigerians are lazier than Indians. I challenge anyone to come up with any fact to prove this. No one is in position to compare the work ethics of two different nationals without putting into consideration the neutrality of the country. What I mean is that U can't be in Nigeria and compare the work ethics of Nigerians with Indians, likewise U can't be in India and compare work ethics of Indians with Nigerians. Because an average Nigerian will feel like this is my country and No foreigner should come and start treating me anyhow without a good pay; which is exactly what an Indian will do if he/she is employed by a Nigerian in India

Having said so much, from what I have read and what I'm seeing, we Nigerians are one of the most hard working people in the world. Stepping out of the country will make one understand this fact. Though there are many Nigerians that are involved in illegal dealings (this boils down to the above mentioned point that people respect you for your money irrespective of how you make it), but in an organized society where people get reasonable benefits for their hardwork, there is respect and appreciation for one's effort and money is not worship. A typical Nigeria will carry out his duty effectively.

NB: One cannot totally blame an Indian employer that pay a graduate #30,000 because if it is boldly written in the law that minimum wage is #18,000, then he hasn't done anything wrong. Moreso, is not the fault of an Indian employer that's inhumane to his workers. If your government treat you terribly, how do you expect a foreigner to treat U?

10 Likes

Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by Ryda(m): 8:05pm On Nov 06, 2013
those guys are baskard o angry angry angry angry angry they will ask u to work harder.....meaning we blacks are slaves and we are machines in other word if u comp-lain of being tired they will threaten u with sack

2 Likes

Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Nov 06, 2013
Keneking: Indians are smart. Their bosses are intelligent. Lazy Nigerians cant cope with their pace and pressure.
Are you for real? So making people work in inhumane conditions and then physically and verbally abusing them is intelligence? You will be a slave until you change your way of thinking. Onuku

3 Likes

Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by tucee31: 8:09pm On Nov 06, 2013
biotun: India bosses are not that bad,it is Nigeria employers that are very lazy

Oh pls, Hush Hush!
How dare you?
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by sherrif222: 8:15pm On Nov 06, 2013
Indians bosses are the worst ever, don't expect any promotions from them, they have zero value for
your effort. i tell you i have been there and even in their country they use their workers like hell and
pay them peanuts. Indians are the highest racist ever... in India you cannot own a company without
using an Indian as the boss. they have racist law that prevents a foreign from ruining a coy in his name
as the sole owner. you cant even buy a house in your name. you have to buy in the name of an Indian
goat called an agent and he will transfer to you but still have access to your possession...... Indians are
nothing but shiiiiiiiiiit. .... in other parts of Europe Indians do the minor jobs and they are like the slaves
they do the manual labor and other petty jobs although they earn well because of good employees
welfare. but in Nigeria they seat there as the boss.. who dash monkey..... indiginization should be the
best practice just as they do in their country.................

1 Like

Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by bransye: 8:19pm On Nov 06, 2013
Do you need a realiable investment that is reliable and one that will give you peace of mind? check .. m c d a v e i n
ve s t (dot) c o m
fufill your dreams
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Nov 06, 2013
Indians are very bad people, i have worked with them for so many years, they are seriously very bad, i work with spectranet limited an indian company, they are cheat, they treat nigerians very bad, they are also bossy. they dont pay there staff well.
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by nairaland22(m): 8:21pm On Nov 06, 2013
Sincerely speakin, Indian bosses are not sympathetic. I rememba vividly wen I was workin wit an Indian-own company, durin my holidays in skul. The fact is dat dey want u 2 always work tiredlessly as if u are a machine. and dey pay u peanuts. Dis is really badt ni.Most Nigeria in high positions play another role of maltreating their fellow Nigerians wen dey are suppose 2 protect dem. I personally dont like Indian bosses.

2 Likes

Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by MOYINOLU(m): 8:24pm On Nov 06, 2013
Really BAD. They are opportunists who have come to make money in Nigeria. They make maximum use of Nigerian workers to pay peanuts.

1 Like

Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by evangmx(m): 8:25pm On Nov 06, 2013
Ada Nri1: Are you for real? So making people work in inhumane conditions and then physically and verbally abusing them is intelligence? You will be a slave until you change your way of thinking. Onuku
yes my brother. They don't care about the welfare of their staff

1 Like

Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Nov 06, 2013
pharmow: I snivel silently when I realized the level our society has degenerated to. To be sincere with ourselves, the ethical conduct of a Nigerian worker is lower than global average. However, there are causes for these ethical misconducts which are not far-fetched. The hardship and failed promises from governance over the decades have hardened many Nigerians and wrongly changed people's perception on ethical conducts and the way they do things generally. Another good point to mention here is our societal norm of giving recognition to people with wealth irrespective of our they amass the wealth has made people to look for fastest way to make money and make some people to have attitude that they can kill themselves on little salary they are making. Also, the fact that the salary earned by Nigerian worker is meagre in comparison to the duties assigned makes work related ethical issues in Nigeria complex.

You can see the angle I'm coming from that there are many factors that attributes to the work ethical conducts of Nigerians. Nevertheless, I totally disagree with some people assertion that Nigerians are lazier than Indians. I challenge anyone to come up with any fact to prove this. No one is in position to compare the work ethics of two different nationals without putting into consideration the neutrality of the country. What I mean is that U can be in Nigeria and compare the work ethics of Nigerians with Indians, likewise U can be in India and compare work ethics of Indians and Nigerians. Because an average Nigerian will feel like this is my country and No foreigner should come and start treating me anyhow without a good pay; which is exactly what an Indian will do if he is employed by a Nigerian in India

Having said so much, from what I have read and what I'm seeing, we Nigerians are one of the most hard working people in the world. Stepping out of the country will make one understand this fact. Though there are many Nigerians that are involved in illegal dealings (this boils down to the above mentioned point that people respect you for your money irrespective of how you make it), but in an organized society where people get reasonable benefits for their hardwork, there is respect and appreciation for one's effort and money is not worship a typical Nigeria will carry out his duty effectively.

NB: One cannot totally blame an Indian employer that pay a graduate #30,000 because if it is boldly written in the law that minimum wage is #18,000, then he hasn't done anything wrong. Moreso, is not the fault of an Indian employer that's inhumane to his workers. If your government treat you terribly, how do you expect a foreigner to treat U?

nice. how is it possible for a country like india that's just slightly above a third world nation to treat you right? wen our own government treats us worse than an indian or any foreigner would
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by Eddybond: 8:27pm On Nov 06, 2013
AjanleKoko: Indian bosses are not bad.
It's Nigerian employees who are lazy.
koko> they two bad for my liking cos I work with an Indian firm and they are actually owning me two months salary and then they expect you to work to death!!! Rubbish poor rats.

1 Like

Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by Smilenw(f): 8:29pm On Nov 06, 2013
sherrif222: Indians bosses are the worst ever, don't expect any promotions from them, they have zero value for
your effort. i tell you i have been there and even in their country they use their workers like hell and
pay them peanuts. Indians are the highest racist ever... in India you cannot own a company without
using an Indian as the boss. they have racist law that prevents a foreign from ruining a coy in his name
as the sole owner. you cant even buy a house in your name. you have to buy in the name of an Indian
goat called an agent and he will transfer to you but still have access to your possession...... Indians are
nothing but shiiiiiiiiiit. .... in other parts of Europe Indians do the minor jobs and they are like the slaves
they do the manual labor and other petty jobs although they earn well because of good employees
welfare. but in Nigeria they seat there as the boss.. who dash monkey..... indiginization should be the
best practice just as they do in their country.................

So you tried to set up a company there and tried to buy a property and when both failed you come here to lament they are racists ..sigh !

All those who lambast Indians...( I r'ber asking this before on some other Indian bashing thread) what/who is stopping you from quitting your "Indian" job ?

Btw, we hate Indians, Lebanese, Chinese, Koreans, Britons, Americans, Ghanians, South Africans the list goes on...we hate Igbos, Yorubas, Hausas...we also hate our President, our political and religious leaders, musicians, pop-divas, our movie stars...I weep for this country, seriously ! God help Nigeria !

3 Likes

Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by spacechuks(m): 8:42pm On Nov 06, 2013
Nigerians are not lazy ppl,the indians are used to hardwork in their country and expect the same from nigerians,however they are very bossy,saucy and some are wicked.
Nigerian Economy apart from the oil sector is almost 90% controlled by indians who invested money and manpower,bribing the corrupt government officials and avoid paying tax,they are hypocrites,they pretend to be good whenever a government body like the NLC,NAFDAC etc comes for inspection
They expect you to work for plenty of hours under stress and pressure and pay you peanut.
Most of them have never had the oppurtunity to own a car,I knew many of them in their 40's learning how to drive here in lagos.
the sweet story is that this same indians can be so humble when you have them as your employee or househelp as most nigerians who owns companies does and their labour cost is of the low side.
A lot of nigerians are going through hell on earth working for indian boss,the government doesn't give a crap,a lot have lost body part from industrial accidents without compensation.the nigerian government is a failed one,if only they will invest their stolen money in this country,the level of unemployment will dwindle down

1 Like

Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by chomaloo(m): 8:47pm On Nov 06, 2013
U knw wat indians r d most wickd race in d world.they oppress,they racially abuse,they jealous,they r greedy n they smell.especialy wen u allow them.but if u dnt allow them they r d most weakest ppo.there's a sayin dat an inian boss wen he coughs he wil ask u to clean it.wen their child shit they wil ask u to clean n wash their ass.they use d same plate they use in dishin food 4their dog also 4 their maid.is stil yet they r 1 ppo that pay less 4 labour.in europ they dnt hav sayin cus europians knw hw to handle them but in africa n countries where they dominate.eish they realy suck.e.g south africa,america,n some asian countries u wil knw dat indians r demons.pls nigerians stop condemnin yaselves wen u live abroad den u wil undastand wat citizenship is all abut.pls let's stop postin news dat condemn our nation.let's build nigeria n dat rsponsibility starts wt u.dnt post news bcus u wana post but chek if is gona tarnish d image of our country.God bless nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by Elgaxton(m): 9:00pm On Nov 06, 2013
They are very good managers and can't that "Nigerian I don tire attitude"
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by Elgaxton(m): 9:00pm On Nov 06, 2013
They are very good managers and can't stand that "Nigerian I don tire attitude"
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by occam(m): 9:03pm On Nov 06, 2013
ROSSIKE:

MANY Nigerians are managers in top companies across Europe, Canada and the US.

Those nations are more enlightened than backward India, and will make use of talent regardless of skin colour. That a country allows workers from all over the world is a sign of political maturity and plurality, so Nigeria should be praised.

This is simply a political statement not grounded in reality. Yes, Nigerians managers in Europe & North America are very professional. Indian managers in Nigeria on the other hand are just slave drivers. This may be related to the "Caste system" in their country. Dark skin Indians are classified as untouchable and only allowed to do menial jobs or working long hours as slaves on farms. This is India; a very backward feudal society

I guess those Indian managers see Nigerians as untouchables that must be horse whipped to perform their task. I don't blame them since our govt refuse to educate and empower our own people

1 Like

Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by Naijalastborn(m): 9:04pm On Nov 06, 2013
biotun: India bosses are not that bad,it is Nigeria employers that are very lazy
Guess you don't know what you aee talking about! I worked with Indian boss before and I can boldly tell you that they are pure Racist even in my fatherland. In some view I can say you are right in the sense that Not all Fingers are equal. Not all of them are bad though, as I taste the Bad side of them and I also taste the Good side of them.

1 Like

Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by Litmus: 9:05pm On Nov 06, 2013
Indian boss my ass.

Indians can boss it over Ghanians and Kenyans i doubt they can Boss it over a typical Nigerian. Some Indian entrepreneurs are taking advantage of the profitable Nigerian working environment, they run business and employ workers, full stop.

....and all this archaic stereotype stuff right out of apartheid such as "lazy blacks and hardworking others'" has to be for foreign consumption, because "lazy", docile and stupid, are not term that bares any relation to Nigerians and the whole world knows it.
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by Urine: 9:13pm On Nov 06, 2013
iyobs7:

Mr ignoramous, please dont come and tell us u schooled in Uk. Those that schooled in UK have better reasoning than what u just displayed.
I clearly made reference to Education in Nigeria not in USA or UK. Indians migrate to USA or UK for studies and it is celebrated as if they have won a medal. Try to think before quoting me next time angry angry angry

My dear brother how can you be stubborn and f00lish at the same time? How can a 1st class Nigerian student be the equal of a 2.2 in India? It's not that bad na! I also think you're a bit blind cos in my post I mentioned "grad school" meaning we were MSc students with first degrees from Nigeria and India. Your parents have laboured hard to send you to India...make them proud.

1 Like

Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by Deschil: 9:14pm On Nov 06, 2013
What!? Why are you insulting him when you are both saying the same thing? Did you read this part? "it is unfortunately real because enough people believe it." Please he agrees with you.
engineerd:

DUDE STFU AND STOP SPEWING UR BULL-SHI*T HERE...YOU MUST FORGET YOU ARE DEALING WITH NIGERIANS WHO HARDLY HAVE A BONE OF INFERIORITY COMPLEX....KEEP YOUR SOCIAL CONSTRUCT IN BOMBAY....
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by hayubee(m): 9:20pm On Nov 06, 2013
Herz my opinion!!
Seriously nigerians dy hustle die nd are hardworking same as indians but labour is cheaper in india so dey don't expect to pay more! Imagine my dad left our ous. Which is very close to luth @ 10pm 2 help an indian guy fix his electrical fault inside heavy rain oo only 4 d guy to give him#500 nd d dude could not even speak english (d guy stays @ alaka estate)
Nd lastly we hav good nd bad ppl in nigeria same to d indians my b sme ppl r unfortunate to come in contact wif bad indians! mayb!
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by Naijalastborn(m): 9:23pm On Nov 06, 2013
I remember my ordeal, when I was working for an Indian firm my first 3 month was with a very nice Indian Guy, He's about 26 yrs if I am not wrong, He jst so nice, he train me and explain everybit of the job to me, He's boss but we work during the work hour but after work we chat and discuss more afterwards but as time goes on, he went back to India, and another boss took-over, I was hoping He will be a nice Guy, but I was wrong. This boss I am talking about, he doesn't know much about the work, I did most of the Paper-works for him and yet he still complain about me. But to cut the long story short. I have a hell out of time with him all he because of a female colleague who both of us normally go home together, He likes the Girl. Eventually this Issue brought an end to my work in that Firm.
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by Smilenw(f): 9:30pm On Nov 06, 2013
hayubee: Herz my opinion!!
Seriously nigerians dy hustle die nd are hardworking same as indians but labour is cheaper in india so dey don't expect to pay more! Imagine my dad left our ous. Which is very close to luth @ 10pm 2 help an indian guy fix his electrical fault inside heavy rain oo only 4 d guy to give him#500 nd d dude could not even speak english (d guy stays @ alaka estate)
Nd lastly we hav good nd bad ppl in nigeria same to d indians my b sme ppl r unfortunate to come in contact wif bad indians! mayb!

Did Papa make it clear how much he would charge or did he just say 'anything you like" n accept the money ? If its the latter, I wouldn't blame the Indian...but if he had told him the charges and if the Indian refused to pay him at the end, then I guess your papa should've just pulled out all the wires he had fixed cheesy
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by Smilenw(f): 9:34pm On Nov 06, 2013
daz_york:
Nigerians are a special kind of African people. We are the most two-faced, ambitious, conniving, greedy, intelligent, ruthless, amoral people on this continent.
A typical Nigerian like me can't even work under an African who isn't Nigerian without scheming him out of his position and taking over what he has. A Nigerian typically regards himself before all other humans and often even his god.
If you doubt this, lose all your money and possessions and try to survive in Nigeria like a Nigerian. Then you'll see how much your imagined "status" counts for here. We're economic animals surviving in a financial jungle.

Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by Sagamite(m): 9:36pm On Nov 06, 2013
ROSSIKE:

MANY Nigerians are managers in top companies across Europe, Canada and the US.

Those nations are more enlightened than backward India, and will make use of talent regardless of skin colour. That a country allows workers from all over the world is a sign of political maturity and plurality, so Nigeria should be praised.

So now you find White people as enlightened and should be praised? grin grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

My Brother's Employment Letter Was Withdrawn / What are The Best Handwork To Learn In Nigeria? / My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.