Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,659 members, 7,889,160 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 01:04 AM

Falana Was Fully Briefed By Clara Chime - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Falana Was Fully Briefed By Clara Chime (23598 Views)

Why Femi Falana Was Not Made A Minister - Sahara Reporters / Clara Chime Packs-out Of Enugu Govt House, Opens Up / Clara Chime Under House-Arrest Imposed By Gov. Chime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Falana Was Fully Briefed By Clara Chime by LocalChamp: 2:39pm On Nov 07, 2013
Enugu Government House Hostage: I Was Fully Briefed By Mrs Clara Chime, Asserts Femi Falana
Posted: November 6, 2013 - 23:14
Posted by siteadmin

caption: Femi Falana (SAN)
By SaharaReporters, New York
Human rights advocate Femi Falana has repudiated the claim by the governor of Enugu State, Mr. Sullivan Chime, that he did not receive a brief from his wife to represent her to secure her release from the illegal detention imposed by her husband, the governor.

“I wish to say, without any fear of contradiction, that I have her instructions in writing to challenge her illegal detention at the Government House, Enugu,” he declared in a statement on Wednesday. “Through the assistance of some of the security personnel in the Government House she has since spoken to me on phone to confirm her instructions. Indeed, Mrs Chime's mother and her personal physician have also been in touch with me urging me to take all appropriate measures to secure her freedom from Governor Chime's illegal confinement.”

Beyond that, Mr. Falana pointed out that contrary to the governor’s diversionary statement, he does not need the instructions of citizens who are illegally detained to demand for their release.

“Without any instructions I am duty bound to file cases in court to secure the enforcement of the fundamental rights of detainees to personal liberty. For the avoidance of doubt, the doctrine of locus standi in the area of human rights has been abolished by the Fundamental Rights (Enforcement Procedure) Rules 2009 which came into force on December 1, 2009,” he said.

Mr. Falana noted that at the press conference Governor Chime succeeded in confirming the allegation that he has held his wife in illegal custody but attempted to justify the illegality by alleging that his wife has "a medical challenge".

Said the statement: “When Governor Chime was recently medically challenged he was not subjected to solitary confinement in the Government House but flown abroad for adequate medical treatment,” the lawyer said. “But Mr Chime has conspired with his private physicians to sentence his wife to unwarranted mental torture and psychological trauma in a room in the Government House for the past four months. If Mr. Chime's claim is correct that the wife is non compos mentis, when was the Enugu Government House converted to a psychiatric hospital?

“Having confirmed the allegation that he has willfully infringed the fundamental rights of his wife to personal liberty, dignity of the person and freedom of movement Governor Chime should release his wife from illegal custody [and] be warned not to divert attention from the brutal abuse of the rights of his wife. If he and his doctors are convinced that she is medically challenged they should send her to a hospital for quick recovery!”

Mr. Falana thanked the Director-General of the State Security Service who, he said, has directed the security service personnel attached to the Government House to desist from teaming up with the Governor to hold his wife hostage.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/enugu-government-house-hostage-i-was-fully-briefed-mrs-clara-chime-asserts-femi-falana

4 Likes

Re: Falana Was Fully Briefed By Clara Chime by yemmytee1(m): 3:17pm On Nov 07, 2013
Falana you on point jare...chime chime chime remember you almost died few months back and you where flown out for medicals...why can't you do the same for this lovely woman??allow her mother access aswell stop using her greedy brothers as a cover.

17 Likes

Re: Falana Was Fully Briefed By Clara Chime by Nobody: 3:56pm On Nov 07, 2013
CHIME FREE THIS WOMAN NOW

6 Likes

Re: Falana Was Fully Briefed By Clara Chime by Incrizz(f): 5:11pm On Nov 07, 2013
LocalChamp: Mr. Falana noted that at the press conference Governor Chime succeeded in confirming the allegation that he has held his wife in Illegal custody but attempted to justify the illegality by alleging that his wife has "a medical challenge".
LocalChamp: Indeed, Mrs Chime's mother and her personal physician have also been in touch with me urging me to take all appropriate measures to secure her freedom from Governor Chime's illegal confinement.”

jerseyboy: CHIME FREE THIS WOMAN NOW

1 Like

Re: Falana Was Fully Briefed By Clara Chime by safeact(m): 5:15pm On Nov 07, 2013
[b][/b]It is a family affair!!! Pls stay off. Marriage course, lesson 2.
Re: Falana Was Fully Briefed By Clara Chime by tpia5: 5:18pm On Nov 07, 2013
this script is not well written o.

all the sir galahad stuff would be better off in a nollywood movie, make una no cause uneccessary tension with una horniness/whatever.

@ shymexx and co.

i think grown women can make their own decisions, at most you and your lover/s should just carry yourselves to the nearest registry and do what you feel you have to do, even if na common law things, na una sabi.
Re: Falana Was Fully Briefed By Clara Chime by safeact(m): 5:24pm On Nov 07, 2013
Stop intruding into family affair!
Re: Falana Was Fully Briefed By Clara Chime by jumobi1(m): 5:58pm On Nov 07, 2013
safeact: Stop intruding into family affair!

That's what some say until someone dies as a result of domestic violence.

26 Likes

Re: Falana Was Fully Briefed By Clara Chime by safeact(m): 7:06pm On Nov 07, 2013
jumobi1:

That's what some say until someone dies as a result of domestic violence.
She was placed on house arrest Ãήϑ not have acess to D̶̲̥̅e outside! She might have done something that made her hubby do that. I have d right to dictate for M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ wife what Ãήϑ where to go for D̶̲̥̅e safety of family Ãήϑ possibly our future! Its a pure family palaver!

2 Likes

Re: Falana Was Fully Briefed By Clara Chime by plaindealer: 7:19pm On Nov 07, 2013
safeact:
She was placed on house arrest Ãήϑ not have acess to D̶̲̥̅e outside! She might have done something that made her hubby do that. I have d right to dictate for M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ wife what Ãήϑ where to go for D̶̲̥̅e safety of family Ãήϑ possibly our future! Its a pure family palaver!

lol.... You placed your wife on house arrest like a common criminal? Your wife must be your personal property to do whatever you want with and not your wife, lover and partner...

You sound like a caveman...

65 Likes

Re: Falana Was Fully Briefed By Clara Chime by apoti(m): 7:22pm On Nov 07, 2013
safeact:

I'm really tempted to say you are Stup1d. But I won't say that

59 Likes

Re: Falana Was Fully Briefed By Clara Chime by divinelove(m): 7:34pm On Nov 07, 2013
Falana seems to b seeking for sth to keep him in the pages of newspaper. y dt special interest in this, bc it involves a gov abi. Nw this woman is mentally challenged, y dnt u allow d families involved to take care of their own. Leave human rights out of this one, human right is nt applicable to mad ppl abeg

2 Likes

Re: Falana Was Fully Briefed By Clara Chime by youngmonie: 7:41pm On Nov 07, 2013
divinelove: Falana seems to b seeking for sth to keep him in the pages of newspaper. y dt special interest in this, bc it involves a gov abi. Nw this woman is mentally challenged, y dnt u allow d families involved to take care of their own. Leave human rights out of this one, human right is nt applicable to mad ppl abeg

I really have no words for this your statement other than "IGNORANCE IS BAD, IT KILLS"

39 Likes

Re: Falana Was Fully Briefed By Clara Chime by danot1030: 7:58pm On Nov 07, 2013
safeact: [b][/b]It is a family affair!!! Pls stay off. Marriage course, lesson 2.
will u pray dat u and ur simblings be subjectd 2 dis type of family affairs?

12 Likes

Re: Falana Was Fully Briefed By Clara Chime by plaindealer: 8:13pm On Nov 07, 2013
divinelove: Falana seems to b seeking for sth to keep him in the pages of newspaper. y dt special interest in this, bc it involves a gov abi. Nw this woman is mentally challenged, y dnt u allow d families involved to take care of their own. Leave human rights out of this one, human right is nt applicable to mad ppl abeg

You yourself sound mad...

30 Likes

Re: Falana Was Fully Briefed By Clara Chime by Nobody: 8:23pm On Nov 07, 2013
Nemesis has caught up with her, was she not the one that married her friends father who pushed out his wife when he became Governor.
In life, the end always justifies the means.

1 Like

Re: Falana Was Fully Briefed By Clara Chime by omenka(m): 8:40pm On Nov 07, 2013
safeact: Stop intruding into family affair!
Intrusion is when one gets involved uninvited. The lady solicited Falana's help hence his involvement. He's not volunteering.

16 Likes

Re: Falana Was Fully Briefed By Clara Chime by jumobi1(m): 9:01pm On Nov 07, 2013
omenka: Intrusion is when one gets involved uninvited. The lady solicited Falana's help hence his involvement. He's not volunteering.
Mater of fact there is nothing wrong with volunteering without invite if something smells fishy. Some people are so scared of others even even without reason.

8 Likes

Re: Falana Was Fully Briefed By Clara Chime by richy1473(m): 9:28pm On Nov 07, 2013
....All that glitters is not Gold..!this is just a lesson for our young girls;look before you leap.only God knows what really happened to that young-lady...I pray God in HIS infinite mercy to deliver her of any afflictions so she can be useful for her kid(s),family and nation at large.

6 Likes

Re: Falana Was Fully Briefed By Clara Chime by gratieao: 12:12am On Nov 08, 2013
Falana, Nigeria latest comedian
Re: Falana Was Fully Briefed By Clara Chime by twkalio(m): 12:20am On Nov 08, 2013
I'll refrain from calling u stupid, because that is an insult to stupid people

14 Likes

Re: Falana Was Fully Briefed By Clara Chime by Nobody: 10:27am On Nov 08, 2013
When Femi Falana is known for telling lies who would believe whatever he says again
Re: Falana Was Fully Briefed By Clara Chime by jfkenny(m): 10:27am On Nov 08, 2013
sullivan said all na wash
Re: Falana Was Fully Briefed By Clara Chime by RockMaxi: 10:28am On Nov 08, 2013

Even if you have confirmed her mad, your moniker still betrays your opinion on this.. tongue cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Falana Was Fully Briefed By Clara Chime by oguash: 10:28am On Nov 08, 2013
she should be allowed to talk to the press
Re: Falana Was Fully Briefed By Clara Chime by Nobody: 10:30am On Nov 08, 2013
i wonder who is deceiving who? chime should the needful or falana will do it for him angry
Re: Falana Was Fully Briefed By Clara Chime by Nobody: 10:30am On Nov 08, 2013
safeact: [/b]It is a family affair!!! Pls stay off. Marriage course, lesson 2.
[b]are you trying to do this? undecided
Re: Falana Was Fully Briefed By Clara Chime by soloxxng: 10:31am On Nov 08, 2013
falana...wat about........... shut the Bleep up
Re: Falana Was Fully Briefed By Clara Chime by Nobody: 10:31am On Nov 08, 2013
undecided Ahaa!

No b by force 2 marry naw
u fit b outlaw like this Lady below
wot took yhu so long

Please hurry up & choose tha right path yung woman!

Re: Falana Was Fully Briefed By Clara Chime by nerodenero: 10:32am On Nov 08, 2013
The Governor is a beast angry. In a normal society, he would have resigned and prosecuted accordingly. Slave-master

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Afenifere To Fulani Vigilantes: Leave South-West Now Or Face Hostility / Tinubu Is The Only APC Presidential Aspirant Atiku Is Afraid Of – SWAGA / BREAKING: Sanusi Resigns After Ganduje’s Installation Of New Emirates Heads In K

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.