Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,280 members, 7,916,843 topics. Date: Saturday, 10 August 2024 at 12:17 PM

Ayo Oke Appointed As DG of National Intelligence Agency - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ayo Oke Appointed As DG of National Intelligence Agency (16598 Views)

Dakuku Peterside Appointed As DG Of NIMASA / Aliyu Yahaya-Gusau Appointed As DG Budget Office / Amaechi Tipped As DG Buhari Presidential Campaign Office As Party Zone VP To S/W (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ayo Oke Appointed As DG of National Intelligence Agency by Nobody: 12:10pm On Nov 08, 2013
solomon111: This thread have just proved what i've always suspected.
Most Nigerians don't know much about Nigeria.
i am telling you
Re: Ayo Oke Appointed As DG of National Intelligence Agency by Rottenegg1: 12:10pm On Nov 08, 2013
Not a tribalist but when it comes "intelligence", i'd give it to the yoruba dude anyday...
Re: Ayo Oke Appointed As DG of National Intelligence Agency by solomon111(m): 12:15pm On Nov 08, 2013
Some Nigerians under diplomatic cover were deported from kenya on allegations of spying.
I wonder what how the matter ended.

1 Like

Re: Ayo Oke Appointed As DG of National Intelligence Agency by Nobody: 12:20pm On Nov 08, 2013
Niger delta boi:
pls don't come & display your ignorance here.if u don't know ask & learn.

I beg your pardon.
Not unitl they appoint the DG of our NIA are nigerians supposed to be aware of who they are or what they do.

Does any nigerian citizen here stuff like - NIA intercepted a phone call that was made by boko haram operatives.
Do they publish any documented reports on attacks on nigerian soil

Do they intercept emails that pose a direct threat to nigerian citizens

Everyday fellow Nigerians die in the north, they kil people in schools, churches, even military barracks.

Yet we have an intelligence agency.
NIA should only be featured in Cartoons and Children story books.

they do nothing!!! thats why very few nigerians are aware of such an agency.
NIA is a goddamn joke.

probably a damn money laundering agency...mtchew

3 Likes

Re: Ayo Oke Appointed As DG of National Intelligence Agency by Omooba77: 12:21pm On Nov 08, 2013
Niger delta boi:
i am telling you
They live on hear say without any proof................
Re: Ayo Oke Appointed As DG of National Intelligence Agency by klax(m): 12:29pm On Nov 08, 2013
yemmy_tee: Jonathan Again

Brosie please are you alright.
Re: Ayo Oke Appointed As DG of National Intelligence Agency by crackhaus: 12:30pm On Nov 08, 2013
naptu2: It was the practice during the Cold War, that diplomatic missions would have a "Cultural Attache".

So, let's say that the Cultural Attache at the US Embassy in Moscow is Mr X. Would it be right to say that Mr X is not the Cultural Attache, he is the resident CIA officer?
Your question is double-ended, I don't understand it!

However, I assume the administrative headquaters of the NIA is within Nigeria, along with the office of the DG in it, so what's the purpose of an ambassador in charge sitting in-toto as the DG/
Re: Ayo Oke Appointed As DG of National Intelligence Agency by chamberlin1(m): 12:34pm On Nov 08, 2013
The comments I'm seeing makes me wonder why people 1. Abuse their president without a reason 2.don't make research to know that every country should have an intelligence unit and dat Nigeria should have 3. Don't know that Intels the JTF use is from NIA 4. The aim of intelligence agency is not just about spying but information management 5. Diplomats usually have military experience

1 Like

Re: Ayo Oke Appointed As DG of National Intelligence Agency by Nobody: 12:42pm On Nov 08, 2013
Røtten_egg: Not a tribalist but when it comes "intelligence", i'd give it to the yoruba dude anyday...

We are talking of national security, you talking about tribes??

you are not a tribalist my friend, you are a m.oron.

2 Likes

Re: Ayo Oke Appointed As DG of National Intelligence Agency by naptu2: 12:45pm On Nov 08, 2013
crackhaus:
Your question is double-ended, I don't understand it!

However, I assume the administrative headquaters of the NIA is within Nigeria, along with the office of the DG in it, so what's the purpose of an ambassador in charge sitting in-toto as the DG/

I'm going to spell it out (my question was actually directed at Ocelot, that's why you didn't understand it).

The NIA deals with foreign intelligence (while the SSS deals with domestic intelligence).

Intelligence officers (spies, etc) are usually attached to embassies. This enables them to carry out their work "legitimately". In the example I gave, the Russians will not arrest the "Cultural Attache" because he has diplomatic immunity. His position as "Cultural Attache" is a legitimate reason for him to be in Moscow. Spies without such cover are routinely arrested and jailed or executed, while the "diplomat spy" is simply expelled from the country.

It is in order to create greater synergy between the spies and the diplomats that the NIA is domiciled in the Foreign Affairs Ministry. The title "ambassador" is actually a civil service rank in the foreign ministry ( the same way you have "general" in the armed forces or "director" in most ministries). He doesn't have to be an ambassador to another country. The DG of NIA must have attained the rank of ambassador (if you think about it, that means that a "diplomat spy" might actually be the head of the NIA, but of course you won't know). These are career diplomats.

However, the NIA is not just a diplomatic organisation. It is a security agency. Therefore, it takes instructions from the National Security Adviser and prepares security reports that are submitted to the National Security Adviser.

3 Likes

Re: Ayo Oke Appointed As DG of National Intelligence Agency by chamberlin1(m): 12:46pm On Nov 08, 2013
My friend, mostt people who know about CIA FBI know because of movies they watch and most people can't give the full meaningM just like other intelligence agency like MOSSAD, KGB I'm sure u haven't heard of cos u dey are scarely used in hollywood movies. Someone even thought CTUcounter terrorist Unit as used in 24 is truly existent in the united states. Man, the bible says "if ye seek, ye shall find" make research next time, make google ur friend today!!!
nutty_hnic:

I beg your pardon.
Not unitl they appoint the DG of our NIA are nigerians supposed to be aware of who they are or what they do.

Does any nigerian citizen here stuff like - NIA intercepted a phone call that was made by boko haram operatives.

Everyday fellow Nigerians die in the north, they kil people in schools, churches, even military barracks.

NIA is a goddamn joke.

2 Likes

Re: Ayo Oke Appointed As DG of National Intelligence Agency by naptu2: 12:49pm On Nov 08, 2013
nutty_hnic:

I beg your pardon.

NIA is a goddamn joke.

What's the difference between the NIA and the SSS?
Re: Ayo Oke Appointed As DG of National Intelligence Agency by InvertedHammer: 12:59pm On Nov 08, 2013
/

It is an appointment. I bet you the man does not even know what responsibilities he is assuming.

But typical Nigerian shithead...if in doubt, pursue oga's real and imaginary political

enemies (that is, whoever dares criticize oga) to curry favour.

Re: Ayo Oke Appointed As DG of National Intelligence Agency by Nobody: 1:00pm On Nov 08, 2013
chamberlin1: My friend, mostt people who know about CIA FBI know because of movies they watch and most people can't give the full meaningM just like other intelligence agency like MOSSAD, KGB I'm sure u haven't heard of cos u dey are scarely used in hollywood movies. Someone even thought CTUcounter terrorist Unit as used in 24 is truly existent in the united states. Man, the bible says "if ye seek, ye shall find" make research next time, make google ur friend today!!!

Alright boy, educate us about isreali MOSSAD or is it soviet KGB.

Every american knows the cia do exist, what you dont is numerous covert ops they carry out.

For God sake CIA has a damn website...MOSSAD is on wikipedia, how wouldnt people know about them?

Or is it most operations that they carry out that the media makes public....how about the isrealis that wer freed by mossad agents in 1976, its widely known how many arabs mossad has assassinated..
Is it CIA? HOw many times has US president given recognition to men nd women of the cia in press conference.

and yet you sit in your room and think most nigerians only know about these agencies through movies you are the retar.d here.

NIA doesnt do shi.t. PERIOD.

Sahara reporters would do better as an intelligence agency.

1 Like

Re: Ayo Oke Appointed As DG of National Intelligence Agency by hunter21(m): 1:03pm On Nov 08, 2013
nutty_hnic:

I beg your pardon.

NIA is a goddamn joke.

Na ignorance go kill you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ayo Oke Appointed As DG of National Intelligence Agency by Nobody: 1:06pm On Nov 08, 2013
solomon111: Some Nigerians under diplomatic cover were deported from kenya on allegations of spying.
I wonder what how the matter ended.

I guess they went there on real estate shopping spree....spies kor!!
Re: Ayo Oke Appointed As DG of National Intelligence Agency by naptu2: 1:07pm On Nov 08, 2013
hunter2,1:

Na ignorance go kill you

Hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhaha! That got me laughing hard.

If we follow that logic then:

Al-Qaeda attacked the World Trade Centre in 1993.
Al-Qaeda attacked the World Trade Centre in 2001.

Therefore, the CIA doesn't do shit.

Most of the examples that were mentioned in that post are actually within the jurisdiction of the SSS, rather than the NIA.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayo Oke Appointed As DG of National Intelligence Agency by Nobody: 1:13pm On Nov 08, 2013
e mandman: hollywood-nollywood.
CIA-NIA
next is LSPD...lagos State police department.
Sorry! No state police
Re: Ayo Oke Appointed As DG of National Intelligence Agency by Nobody: 1:20pm On Nov 08, 2013
hunter2,1:

Na ignorance go kill you

Allow me to put your thoughts on a right part.

It is self evident that most of you folks feel that knowing about the NIGERIAN INTELLIGENCE AGENCY gives you a psychological re assurance that Nigeria seems to be tough nation and maybe an intel powerhouse with respect to matters of national security.

It makes no difference, they are i ll equiped, what do they do their?
Spy on political parties?? Our security is a joke!! do not for any reason feel safe that the men and women of the NIA care one bit about a common nigerian life. HA!

1 Like

Re: Ayo Oke Appointed As DG of National Intelligence Agency by beejaay: 1:22pm On Nov 08, 2013
nutty_hnic:

Alright boy, educate us about isreali MOSSAD or is it soviet KGB.

Every american knows the cia do exist, what you dont is numerous covert ops they carry out.

For God sake CIA has a damn website...MOSSAD is on wikipedia, how wouldnt people know about them?

Or is it most operations that they carry out that the media makes public....how about the isrealis that wer freed by mossad agents in 1976, its widely known how many arabs mossad has assassinated..
Is it CIA? HOw many times has US president given recognition to men nd women of the cia in press conference.

and yet you sit in your room and think most nigerians only know about these agencies through movies you are the retar.d here.

NIA doesnt do shi.t. PERIOD.

Sahara reporters would do better as an intelligence agency.

who is this cant you just go back to school gate and wait for ASUU to call of strike?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ayo Oke Appointed As DG of National Intelligence Agency by Nobody: 1:23pm On Nov 08, 2013
naptu2:

Hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhaha! That got me laughing hard.

If we follow that logic then:

Al-Qaeda attacked the World Trade Centre in 1993.
Al-Qaeda attacked the World Trade Centre in 2001.

Therefore, the CIA doesn't do shit.

Most of the examples that were mentioned in that post are actually within the jurisdiction of the SSS, rather than the NIA.

Whatever, NIA! SSS!! EFCC!!..just secure the Damn northern region of this country, drive the terrorist away.
Re: Ayo Oke Appointed As DG of National Intelligence Agency by Nobody: 1:25pm On Nov 08, 2013
I wish him all d best in his duty
Re: Ayo Oke Appointed As DG of National Intelligence Agency by naptu2: 1:27pm On Nov 08, 2013
nutty_hnic:

Whatever, NIA! SSS!! EFCC!!..just secure the Damn northern region of this country, drive the terrorist away.

beejaay:

who is this cant you just go back to school gate and wait for ASUU to call of strike?

grin This must be the comedy section that I've been looking for. I'm going to relax and enjoy the fun.
Re: Ayo Oke Appointed As DG of National Intelligence Agency by Rottenegg1: 1:29pm On Nov 08, 2013
nutty_hnic:

We are talking of national security, you talking about tribes??

you are not a tribalist my friend, you are a m.oron.
grin grin good riddance man...
Re: Ayo Oke Appointed As DG of National Intelligence Agency by Nobody: 1:30pm On Nov 08, 2013
beejaay:

Even if i were still in University, i really wouldnt care about a strike lasting for a year.
nothing in nigeria surprises me.

Instead of you to engage yourself with thoughts about the break down of the educational system, u choose to turn it into a joke.

i wouldnt blame you, you are just a sad product of a failed nation.

Nairaland is indeed a meltingpot...were an idio.tic individual that has self imposed mental blindness would freely address someone of a different kind

1 Like

Re: Ayo Oke Appointed As DG of National Intelligence Agency by naptu2: 1:32pm On Nov 08, 2013
nutty_hnic:

Even if i were still in University, i really wouldnt care about a strike lasting for a year.

Instead of you to engage yourself we thoughts about the break down of the educational system, u choose to turn it into a joke.

Nairaland is indeed a meltingpot...were an idio.tic individual that has self imposed mental blindness would freely address someone of a different kind
grin
Re: Ayo Oke Appointed As DG of National Intelligence Agency by ocelot2006(m): 1:46pm On Nov 08, 2013
[quote author=naptu2][/quote]

I guess my mention of the foreign service school is amusing to you. I'll explain.

Yes the Ministry of Foreign Affairs owns the Foreign service school that trains all our diplomatic attaches. But the school equally trains NIA agents and Military officers assigned as Defence Attaches (from DIA), with the aim of prepping them for their roles in the diplomatic service. It's similar to the Americans were Special Forces operators from JSOC are trained by officers from the State Department. BUT the NIA does NOT report to the minister of foreign affairs AT ALL. They report solely to the office of the National Security Adviser. The Ministry is simply used as a cover. Even their vehicles use the Foreign Affairs plates.

And yes the office of the DG is filled by an Ambassador. It is no different from the NDLEA that was lead once by an Army Officer seconded from Defence HQ or a Police COMPOL from FHQ. But all field operatives are recruited from the best in the Armed Forces, Police Force, and the SSS, with ananlysts and support staff from the civilian sector.

1 Like

Re: Ayo Oke Appointed As DG of National Intelligence Agency by Handsomeemmy(m): 1:52pm On Nov 08, 2013
solomon111: This thread have just proved what i've always suspected.
Most Nigerians don't know much about Nigeria.

My thought as well, it is very good to study beyond you area of specialization, Just as Naptu pointed out, NIA has been in existence for a long time now.

To my fellow Nigeria, take a break from insulting your president, go and research about the country you live in so that you will not be ashamed when you are confronted with facts in the future.

2 Likes

Re: Ayo Oke Appointed As DG of National Intelligence Agency by naptu2: 1:56pm On Nov 08, 2013
ocelot2006:

I guess my mention of the foreign service school is amusing to you. I'll explain.

Yes the Ministry of Foreign Affairs owns the Foreign service school that trains all our diplomatic attaches. But the school equally trains NIA agents and Military officers assigned as Defence Attaches (from DIA), with the aim of prepping them for their roles in the diplomatic service. It's similar to the Americans were Special Forces operators from JSOC are trained by officers from the State Department. BUT the NIA does NOT report to the minister of foreign affairs AT ALL. They report solely to the office of the National Security Adviser. The Ministry is simply used as a cover. Even their vehicles use the Foreign Affairs plates.

And yes the office of the DG is filled by an Ambassador. It is no different from the NDLEA that was lead once by an Army Officer seconded from Defence HQ or a Police COMPOL from FHQ. But all field operatives are recruited from the best in the Armed Forces, Police Force, and the SSS, with ananlysts and support staff from the civilian sector.

naptu2:

I'm going to spell it out (my question was actually directed at Ocelot, that's why you didn't understand it).

The NIA deals with foreign intelligence (while the SSS deals with domestic intelligence).

Intelligence officers (spies, etc) are usually attached to embassies. This enables them to carry out their work "legitimately". In the example I gave, the Russians will not arrest the "Cultural Attache" because he has diplomatic immunity. His position as "Cultural Attache" is a legitimate reason for him to be in Moscow. Spies without such cover are routinely arrested and jailed or executed, while the "diplomat spy" is simply expelled from the country.

It is in order to create greater synergy between the spies and the diplomats that the NIA is domiciled in the Foreign Affairs Ministry. The title "ambassador" is actually a civil service rank in the foreign ministry ( the same way you have "general" in the armed forces or "director" in most ministries). He doesn't have to be an ambassador to another country. The DG of NIA must have attained the rank of ambassador (if you think about it, that means that a "diplomat spy" might actually be the head of the NIA, but of course you won't know). These are career diplomats.

However, the NIA is not just a diplomatic organisation. It is a security agency. Therefore, it takes instructions from the National Security Adviser and prepares security reports that are submitted to the National Security Adviser.
Re: Ayo Oke Appointed As DG of National Intelligence Agency by Nobody: 2:00pm On Nov 08, 2013
chamberlin1:
Someone even thought CTUcounter terrorist Unit as used in 24 is truly existent in the united states.
After the 24Movie depicted CTU, The US Government created CTU in her Admin to counter Terrorism !!

Nigeria has also created CTU ..... smiley But me kno say Na Alhajis go full there with dem potBelle grin
Re: Ayo Oke Appointed As DG of National Intelligence Agency by beejaay: 2:02pm On Nov 08, 2013
nutty_hnic:

Instead of you to engage yourself with thoughts about the break down of the educational system, u choose to turn it into a joke.

guy relax nahhh just take a sip of alomo as u dey release that gas and i bet u are gonna be ok, believe me it helps wink grin grin wink
Re: Ayo Oke Appointed As DG of National Intelligence Agency by naptu2: 2:02pm On Nov 08, 2013
Directors General of the NIA (from inception).

Ambassador Albert K. Horsfall (1986–1990)

Brigadier-General Haliru Akilu (Rtd) (1990–1993)

Ambassador Zakari Y. Ibrahim (1993–1998)

Ambassador Godfrey B. Preware (1998–1999)

Ambassador Uche O. Okeke (1999–2007)

Ambassador Emmanuel E. Imohe (2007 - 2009)

Ambassador Olaniyi Oladeji (2009 - 2013)

Ambassador Ayo Oke

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Will Not Issue Oil Wells Or Live Flamboyantly – Presidency / Amaechi First Name On Screening List For Ministerial Nominees / Nigerians Protest In Germany Over Fulani Herdsmen Attack In Enugu. Photos

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.