Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,786 members, 7,875,961 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:15 AM

Meant To Be - Literature (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Meant To Be (148349 Views)

I Never Meant To Take My Life But I Did (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meant To Be by LarrySun(m): 1:44am On Dec 21, 2013
stefikal: -6-

"Good morning Sir," Halima greeted the man standing in front of her desk, she knew he was the marketing manager but he had a very funny name which she never bothered to learn.

"Is Mr Oladele back?"
"Yes sir, I already informed him about your wanting to see him, he's expecting you sir."
"Good, I'll just go in then."

The door to Femi's office opened and Femi looked up to see Mr Dar[b], [/b] (full stop)although he did not know his full name, he knew the name started with Dar and ended with a tongue twisting word[b],[/b] (full stop) back when he hung with the guys they had given Dar the nickname of Dada, which was ironic since Dar sported a lowcut and not dreadlocks.

Femi stood and extended his hands for a handshake (shake).

"Femo, how far now? We no dey see you again ooooo[b]?[/b] (Full stop. This isn't a question but a declarative statement)"
"My brother, so many things taking up my time ooo, but I'm good." both men took their seats while Femi continued, "Na your department wan put my head for hanger, I offend una?"

"I'm sorry about that, I ought to be out now as I have a meeting in the next forty-five minutes but I had to come apologise personally."

"So what exactly happened?" Femi asked.
"The thing is we hired a new secretary, she just made a mess ooo, not just the reports alone but some other things as well, she is on disciplinary action now anyways." Dar spoke while stealing numerous glances at his wristwatch.

Femi most (must) have noticed because his response got Dar laughing out of (with) embarrassment.
"Are you to trying to show off your watch or something?" Femi smirked.

Dar laughed and stood, "No mind me jaweee, I'm going to run late if the traffic is terrible, that's the cause of my worry." he shook Femi's hands, "apparently the report was sent to Miss Sandra's office, your female friend." he concluded with a mischievious glint in his eyes.

Femi laughed and shook his head, "She's taken oooo, I'm signing out on her jaweee."

"Eyah, it's a pity the beautiful ones are all taken." Dar concluded while moving towards the door, "I'll see you later."

"No wahala, I hope the traffic doesn't do you strong thing."
Dar nodded his head and shrugged slightly, his body language spoke 'I hope so too'.

Femi continued what he was doing before Dar had come to see him, he contemplated on calling Sandra for the report, he did not want to increase their proximity (a misnomer. Please change the voc.) and he honestly did not want to damage their friendship, she had been a good friend.
Rough review.

You're really improving. Keep it up.
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 7:19am On Dec 21, 2013
Larry-Sun:
Rough review.

You're really improving. Keep it up.

Thank you sir, please about 'proximity', is 'closeness' a good replacement?
Re: Meant To Be by LarrySun(m): 9:27am On Dec 21, 2013
stefikal:

Thank you sir, please about 'proximity', is 'closeness' a good replacement?
In this context, 'proximity' is not a word I'd use. Of course, it means 'closeness', but it literally means the state of being near somebody or something in distance or place *at least, according to the dictionary*. But not all synonyms apply to all expressions.

I'd rather put the expression thus: '...but he'd rather not risk knotting a stronger loop in their cord of affection, which, however, was slowly tightening up.' But that's me though, I enjoy writing in figuratives. grin

To use the words for the right narratives, a thesaurus can be of absolute help. Endeavour to get one.

Keep up the good work, dear.

1 Like

Re: Meant To Be by missterious(f): 10:11am On Dec 21, 2013
Front page things. Steph, where you at? Congratulations. grin
Re: Meant To Be by Sugarbabekemi(f): 10:19am On Dec 21, 2013
Yipeee! Front page o,at long last, congrat babes, U ROCK!!! wink kiss
Re: Meant To Be by Onlinebiz2012: 10:38am On Dec 21, 2013
Buy and Sell Perfectmoney Dollar INSTANT using Voguepay account ! No waiting ! Everything is automatic. Check https://www.nairaland.com/1563709/automated-buying-selling-perfectmoney-funding
Re: Meant To Be by skyscraperTM(m): 10:45am On Dec 21, 2013
Atlast. Frontpage
Re: Meant To Be by DEllaluv(f): 10:49am On Dec 21, 2013
Wow,I saw many ppl viewing and I tld myself,'ds is a sign of fp',congrats nwanne m
Re: Meant To Be by Clemzy16(m): 11:23am On Dec 21, 2013
stefikal: *picks microphone and shouts into it*

'Clemzy16 show your face ooo...I wan give u ur own kiss, I neva see ur comment here b4 and yet u...awww, tnks kiss'
*hears my name from a distance and rushes into thread* oboy yeeee! I no go miss this kiss oo!! De thin be say i bin dey follow from de beginnin buh leta lost track, nw we don make frontpage, make i go continue from where i stop. Jet mode activated.
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 11:39am On Dec 21, 2013
miss.terious:
Front page things. Steph, where you at? Congratulations. grin

see as I come late...wow!
Wow is all I can say...thanks every1
Re: Meant To Be by PEEBERRY(m): 11:39am On Dec 21, 2013
Nice story and cool write up.keep it up you are doing good.I wish u cud quit pharmacy and face literature that would be nice.all d same I wish u d best.waiting for d oder part of d story
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 11:41am On Dec 21, 2013
Sugarbabe_kemi@:
Yipeee! Front page o,at long last, congrat babes, U ROCK!!! wink kiss

thanks Kemi

sкчscrαρεr™:
Atlast. Frontpage

thanks skyscraper

D.Ella.luv:
Wow,I saw many ppl viewing and I tld myself,'ds is a sign of fp',congrats nwanne m

thanks Ella
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 11:44am On Dec 21, 2013
Clemzy16: *hears my name from a distance and rushes into thread* oboy yeeee! I no go miss this kiss oo!! De thin be say i bin dey follow from de beginnin buh leta lost track, nw we don make frontpage, make i go continue from where i stop. Jet mode activated.

No wahala...thanks

PEEBERRY: Nice story and cool write up.keep it up you are doing good.I wish u cud quit pharmacy and face literature that would be nice.all d same I wish u d best.waiting for d oder part of d story

thanks Berry...
Awww but I can't quit pharmacy oooo...maybe I'll combine d two by God's grace...#PharmacyRocks... Thank you
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 11:45am On Dec 21, 2013
Onlinebiz2012: Buy and Sell Perfectmoney Dollar INSTANT using Voguepay account ! No waiting ! Everything is automatic. Check https://www.nairaland.com/1563709/automated-buying-selling-perfectmoney-funding

yes ooo...Mister
we'll buywinksmiley
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 11:52am On Dec 21, 2013
Pheeewww..

Wow!
Front page at last...'in Kemi's words'...lolzzz, I really appreciate as many of you that took time to endorse the story...I mean its not easy to use your megabyte, time to read a story much less endorsing it.

Thank you all...God bless

I'm currently in a meeting...CPFN breakfast meeting(Christian Pharmacists Fellowship of Nigeria)...the meeting is still on which is why I could not update earlier as I was still working on the update.

I don't know when the meeting will end as its the last meeting of the year and a love feast.
But I'll update today...please bear with me.
Re: Meant To Be by TrishaP(f): 11:53am On Dec 21, 2013
WOW..Congrats!!..my namesake. smiley
Re: Meant To Be by KingzPen(m): 11:54am On Dec 21, 2013
LmaoOooooo... I can't help but laff... So happy we finally hit fp... Congratulations Boss... More Grace...
stefikal:

yes ooo...Mister
we'll buywinksmiley
Re: Meant To Be by walewunmi(m): 11:57am On Dec 21, 2013
I am hereby please and honoured to announce to our esteem readers that we are finally on nairaland literature section's front page,it is with great delight we announce this to you.
We want to thank all our esteem fans;those who took their time to endorse our story,those who followed the story from beginning,those who joined later on,those who commented(either positive criticism or just an encouragement comment) and yes also all our ghost reader we truly appreciate you all,you guys really inspired us may God be bless each and everyone of you,Thank you.
Don't forget the story continues,please endeavour to drop your comment after reading,Thank you.
Signed:walewunmi (PRO stefkal's 'meant to be')
Re: Meant To Be by walewunmi(m): 11:59am On Dec 21, 2013
In honour of our frontpage achievement,we are please to announce that all drinks ordered for today would be on the house (meaning free drinks for everyone pls don't be shy order anything you want)
Thank you guys grin
Signed:walewunmi (PRO)
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 12:09pm On Dec 21, 2013
See everybody dey sing carol songs, I dey type...grin

#Singing... I wanna wish u a merry christmas

TrishaP: WOW..Congrats!!..my namesake. smiley

thanks Trisha...are u Stephanie or Ify?
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 12:14pm On Dec 21, 2013
KingzPen: LmaoOooooo... I can't help but laff... So happy we finally hit fp... Congratulations Boss... More Grace...

lolzzz..thanks Sir na truth now we go buy

@Wale: tnks
Re: Meant To Be by walewunmi(m): 12:20pm On Dec 21, 2013
stefikal:

lolzzz..thanks Sir na truth now we go buy

@Wale: tnks
You are welcome
Re: Meant To Be by Zellie: 12:29pm On Dec 21, 2013
Yay!! You made it! Congrats grin
Re: Meant To Be by MightyFortress: 12:48pm On Dec 21, 2013
To read.
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 12:50pm On Dec 21, 2013
*continued*

Omoye packed her remaining clothes into her bag, she had been packing for over thirty minutes, she wished she could leave immediately but she thought against it.

First, Victor was still asleep, there was no point disturbing his sleep, secondly her mother had gone out, it would be rude if she left without seeing her.
However, she wanted to kill two birds with a stone. She had no doubts about Osagie's love for her, he had said all she needed to hear over the phone, she was going to make this right no matter how hard it seemed.

Deep within her she knew he deserved and had earned her forgiveness, it would only take her a little time to heal completely, the second bird she planned to kill was her father, not literally of course.

The man had not spoken to her in years, she was not going to leave his house until he gave her an audience. She just prayed everything would end fine and fast, that way she would be able to return to her home feeling fulfilled.

Her phone started ringing, it was Osagie, she smiled.
"Hello Omoye, you asked me to call you back," he said.
"Yes, I needed to clear my head."

"Please forgive me and give us another chance," he pleaded. She knew she had forgiven him, but why were the words refusing to come from her lips.
"Osagie, I'll come home but I can't come home today."

"Why?" he asked,
"I want to see daddy before I come home," she heard him mumble somethings to himself, she was not surprised, her father really hated Osagie.

"But as soon as I've settled things here, I'll come home so we can talk." she continued
"Okay, how is Victor? Please can I talk to him?"
Omoye almost laughed, he was really feeling bad, who would think he would beg to speak to his son, she liked the way he was using please in almost every statement he made.

She needed him to know she had forgiven him, only that her mouth appeared heavy to say those words.
"He is asleep," she replied.
"Alright, I'll be expecting you. Can I call you again?"
Omoye gave a healthy laugh, he was asking for permission to give her a call, now this was the height of sweetness.

"Of course." she replied.
"Thank you, this means a lot to me"
She did not know what to reply him at this point, all she knew was that she was happy. Her curious mind was still bent on knowing why he cheated on her, should she let sleeping dogs lie? Or would knowing about it help her healing heart?

"Its nothing Osagie,"
"Thank you, I love you Omoye," he said and continued, "I'll call you later."
That statement signified that he was going to end the call, she had not mentioned the fact that she had forgiven him or the fact that she was still very much in love with him.

Life was all about taking risks, wasn't it? If taking a risk was the next option, she would willingly do it.
"Osagie hold on, errm.." she sighed, "even though we still need to talk just bear in mind that I've forgiven you."
Osagie did not say anything, she checked to see if he had ended the call, thank goodness the call was still on.

"I love you," she finally said, what magic did those words possess? The calmness she felt after saying them made her wonder if there was no magic linked to them.
"oh Omo," she heard him sigh, "you don't know how much those words mean to me, thank you."

The words equally meant a lot to her as well, everything happening pointed to one fact, Osagie was her man, she loved him and he loved her back.

After ending the call, she resorted to packing her remaining clothings. She would have to check Victor's clothes which she washed yesterday, she swept the room and cleaned up everything that needed to be cleaned.

She had to put everything in order before leaving her parents house, she saw the pile of clothes her mother left by a corner, although her mother had not instructed her to wash it, she decided to wash it before leaving.

She packed the clothes and left the room while heading to the backyard.
She spent about forty five minutes washing the clothes, as soon as she rounded off with the washing she packed Victor's clothes.

She opened the door only to find a stranger crouched over her son who was sleeping on the floor.

She was about to scream at whoever the visitor was till she saw the face of the intruder.

5 Likes

Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 12:52pm On Dec 21, 2013
Zellie: Yay!! You made it! Congrats grin

thanks Zellie...yeah, we made it!
Who is a writer without the readers...you guys are super amazing
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 12:53pm On Dec 21, 2013
Mighty Fortress: To read.

tnks Sir
Re: Meant To Be by popeshemoo(m): 1:10pm On Dec 21, 2013
stefikal: Pheeewww..

Wow!
Front page at last...'in Kemi's words'...lolzzz, I really appreciate as many of you that took time to endorse the story...I mean its not easy to use your megabyte, time to read a story much less endorsing it.

Thank you all...God bless

I'm currently in a meeting...CPFN breakfast meeting(Christian Pharmacists Fellowship of Nigeria)...the meeting is still on which is why I could not update earlier as I was still working on the update.

I don't know when the meeting will end as its the last meeting of the year and a love feast.
But I'll up
date today...please bear with me.

Hmmm, na. French kiss we dey use celebrate dis one, clemzy park well, na me go start d next kissing round......u deserve it gal
btw shey dis osas cannot wait for her to come op abi or is it her father
Re: Meant To Be by TrishaP(f): 1:23pm On Dec 21, 2013
stefikal:
thanks Trisha...are u Stephanie or Ify?
Stephanie dear.
Re: Meant To Be by TrishaP(f): 1:26pm On Dec 21, 2013
Pls try and add more of femi and sandra's part. Tnx
Re: Meant To Be by Jumizie13(f): 1:44pm On Dec 21, 2013
stefikal:
I don't know when the meeting will end as its the last meeting of the year and a LOVE FEAST.
But I'll update today...please bear with me.
Abeg, no finish d food o.
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 1:48pm On Dec 21, 2013
TrishaP: Pls try and add more of femi and sandra's part. Tnx

thanks namesake...I realized dt, just that dz Omoye n Fola ish are all happening on d same day...we go soon drop deir matterwink

Jumizie13:
Abeg, no finish d food o.

no worry I go pm u 1 chicken

@Pope: I don quit with d kisses oooo, no more kissingtongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (39) (Reply)

The Paradox Of Abel (The Sequel) / Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) / WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.