Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,838 members, 7,959,632 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 10:51 PM

Meant To Be - Literature (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Meant To Be (149125 Views)

I Never Meant To Take My Life But I Did (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meant To Be by PrinceAdepoju(m): 1:43am On Dec 25, 2013
Happy Christmas And Merry New Year In Advance.
https://www.nairaland.com/1565352/short-poem-christmas#20392878
Re: Meant To Be by missterious(f): 4:12am On Dec 25, 2013
Merry Christmas, everyone. cheesy

Steph, can you pm me your pin? smiley
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 5:43am On Dec 25, 2013
TrishaP: Aww!!..you just made my day already for putting femi's part.
Thanks @Stef,
Merry Christmass!!!

tnks namesake...I'm glad u lyk it

PrinceAdepoju: Happy Christmas And Merry New Year In Advance.
https://www.nairaland.com/1565352/short-poem-christmas#20392878

s2u Sir...u guyz check out his poem, xo on point

miss.terious:
Merry Christmas, everyone. cheesy

Steph, can you pm me your pin? smiley

tnks namie, aint gat a 'needle' at the moment..I ought 2 change my fone but I type faster on qwerty...if I switch 2 touch screen...I'm worried it will affect my updatessad
Re: Meant To Be by Nobody: 6:39am On Dec 25, 2013
Keep it coming,my lady

1 Like

Re: Meant To Be by carexy(f): 8:33am On Dec 25, 2013
merry xmas

1 Like

Re: Meant To Be by janeade(f): 9:44am On Dec 25, 2013
following........nice story...

1 Like

Re: Meant To Be by missterious(f): 9:51am On Dec 25, 2013
Ok. Don't forget to send my chicken sha. grin

1 Like

Re: Meant To Be by Nobody: 10:18am On Dec 25, 2013
Gbenga should not be here at this time, he might just jeopardize the chance of a chemistry between femi and princess.

Merry Xmas to you.

1 Like

Re: Meant To Be by SenatorPope(m): 10:30am On Dec 25, 2013
Christmas dey rock....hope say d teeth wey u sharp yesterday dey useful for u sha*stef*

1 Like

Re: Meant To Be by Yemlizzy(f): 11:01am On Dec 25, 2013
Keep it coming dearie,you awesome! Merry xmas to you and a prosperous new year ahead. Have fun!

1 Like

Re: Meant To Be by chade(f): 11:14am On Dec 25, 2013
Merry chrismas dearie nd tnx 4 d update.
...erm i want moreeeeeee

1 Like

Re: Meant To Be by walewunmi(m): 12:34pm On Dec 25, 2013
Hmmm nice update stef...I really love it...
On behalf of team 'meant to be' I hereby wish you guys a merry xmas and we all pray that the lord will continually bless and stay with you guys you've all been pretty great,we couldn't have asked for more...*clears throat* hmmm make una rmb 2package our jollof rice n chicken oh***we dey wit una kampe.
A tu bo ri odun pupo oh(we shall continue to see more of this season)
Signed:walewunmi (PRO)

1 Like

Re: Meant To Be by D9ty7(m): 3:30pm On Dec 25, 2013
Walks into the thread with an empty plate and empty bottle.
"Stef, don't tell me the food has finished abi u no cook for ur readers?"
Sat down on the floor, playing with the plate and bottle. "Am hungry o."
"I go collect the rice inside d plate while any available drink goes into the bottle."
Still waiting#

1 Like

Re: Meant To Be by sowprice(m): 3:49pm On Dec 25, 2013
D9ty7: Walks into the thread with an empty plate and empty bottle.
"Stef, don't tell me the food has finished abi u no cook for ur readers?"
Sat down on the floor, playing with the plate and bottle. "Am hungry o."
"I go collect the rice inside d plate while any available drink goes into the bottle."
Still waiting#
#Team waiting wt my tut pick 2 remov un1td pieces

1 Like

Re: Meant To Be by Cheriepet: 4:14pm On Dec 25, 2013
@Stef Merry Christmas Beautiful.

tanks for d update n 4 remembering Gbenga.

@Wummi, e bi like say u n stef no cook for una readers, see as person pikin siddon for ground dey wait for rice n drink? abi d bar don empty?

merry christmas everyone n have a beautiful celebration

1 Like

Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 5:10pm On Dec 25, 2013
See commentsshocked

My ba3 just decided to fumble today ooo, I was unable to receive calls sef, messages just hang like crazy..

Thanks everyone 4 d messages, una way dey expect food...Me don serve una update now...
Btw my belle don ovafull here oooo, make evrybody enjoy oooo...

God bless.

@Cheriepet: about Gbenga, that was d reason I said I wish I could give u a hug earlier. It was as if u knew what was coming up next.

Everyone enjoy ur day
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 5:16pm On Dec 25, 2013
iamayodeji: Gbenga should not be here at this time, he might just jeopardize the chance of a chemistry between femi and princess.

Merry Xmas to you.

I just have to reply dis...
You think so? Hmmm...make we dey see.

Btw why is nobody saying anything abt Ore? undecided
Re: Meant To Be by sowprice(m): 7:36pm On Dec 25, 2013
abeg more meat ooo.enjoy ur sef cuz xmass don de go till next year again beta enjoy.hu dei dia brng more wine# winkwat oo wia de PRO sef.abeg more meat ooo.enjoy ur sef cuz xmass don de go till next year again beta enjoy.hu dei dia brng more wine#
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 7:54pm On Dec 25, 2013
Hey beautiful people,

I'm working on a very short story...very very short oooo..

But you guys should go see it shaaa

https://www.nairaland.com/1568775/stole-dad-what-short-story
Re: Meant To Be by jhidey08(m): 10:08pm On Dec 25, 2013
stefikal:

my apologies then.
I don't like pple referring to me as 'Ma' as well, at least not yet.

So what do I call youcheesy Bros? Oga? Dude? Monsieur? Ur pick.
none of d above, I'll luv 2b called 'awe', only because it is u o, cos ur story is amazing and I'm sure u'll also b. So u can address me as 'awe'. So wot would u lyk 2b called? Mama, sisi, my lady, baby, aunty, mummy, which 1? Jst pick
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 10:25pm On Dec 25, 2013
jhidey08: none of d above, I'll luv 2b called 'awe', only because it is u o, cos ur story is amazing and I'm sure u'll also b. So u can address me as 'awe'. So wot would u lyk 2b called? Mama, sisi, my lady, baby, aunty, mummy, which 1? Jst pick

lolzzz...abeg oooo, Just call me Steph oooo or Miss.

P.S: that 'awe' is it english or yoruba
Re: Meant To Be by jhidey08(m): 10:28pm On Dec 25, 2013
stefikal:

lolzzz...abeg oooo, Just call me Steph oooo or Miss.

P.S: that 'awe' is it english or yoruba
it's a yoruba word. Aren't u a yoruba miss?
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 10:49pm On Dec 25, 2013
jhidey08: it's a yoruba word. Aren't u a yoruba miss?

I'm igbo ooo...but I tink awe has more than one meaning, I know of fasting...cant recall d 2nd one...

I know pple bear 'awe' as a name...oyaa help me out
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 11:33pm On Dec 25, 2013
Viewing this topic: Ayomi omolabake, Ice4jez(m), zera, Mikosky(m) and 1 guest(s)

he no good to chop and clean mouth ooo...anyways I'm working on how I can update by 12am...my ba3 dey misbehave but d update would serve 4 26th of Dec oooo...

Thanks all plus d ghostreaders and d guests...Love u all
Re: Meant To Be by LogoDWhiz(m): 11:35pm On Dec 25, 2013
stefikal:

I'm igbo ooo...but I tink awe has more than one meaning, I know of fasting...cant recall d 2nd one...

I know pple bear 'awe' as a name...oyaa help me out
Awe in yoruba lang means "friend"...

1 Like

Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 11:43pm On Dec 25, 2013
LogoDWhiz:
Awe in yoruba lang means "friend"...

tnkssmiley
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 12:11am On Dec 26, 2013
*continued*

"Good morning Ma," the gardener greeted his madam who obviously did not realise she was grinning so much.
"Good morning," she replied and walked past him.

Haruna dropped the shears in his hand on the floor and looked at the pretty woman who just walked past him, only God knew why she was in such a jolly mood.
For the past five months since he started working there, she had never replied his greetings.

He sighed, picked up his shears and got back to his work. Whatever made her happy, he prayed it lasted.

----------------

Sandra proceeded to her office while silently singing the song she had been singing all the while. Why were her co-workers looking at her as if she was in her birthday suit?

She checked the cream coloured pant trousers she was wearing, was something wrong with it? Her black cotton shirt was still in perfect condition, so what was with their looks? She ignored them and kept on humming to herself.

They could not understand what it felt like to be in love.

---------------

"I wonder why you are sleeping like a log of wood," Felicia said to Omoye who was still rubbing her eyes, she obviously did not like the fact that her sleep had been disturbed.

"Good morning Mama," she greeted with a yawn, why did her mother wake her up? Was she not suppose to be at her shop already?
"Good morning, you know where I keep my purse?" Felicia asked.

Omoye shook her head, so this was the reason her sleep was interrupted. "When was the last time you saw it?" she asked her mother while scanning the room for the possible location of the purse.

"Is that not it there?" she pointed to a black purse on the table.
"I just bring this one out now, na the brown one I dey find, my money dey inside." Felicia explained.

Both mother and daughter stood and searched for the purse, eventually they found it in Felicia's bag. Omoye nearly hissed, so the darn purse was in her bag the whole time. Felicia noticed Omoye's reaction and apologised to her daughter, it was a similarity she had with her father, they cherished their sleep.

"No vex, I don disturb you. Your pale go soon come, make u take am jeje oh." she aplogised and advised.
"Yes Ma," Omoye replied, she doubted if the sleep would return again.

After her mother left, she tried to memorise lines she would use when her father showed up.
'Dad, welcome I'm sorry I've been a prodigal daughter.'

She would have to kneel down she said to herself, 'Papa, Please forgive me'

She kept on mumbling different lines to herself. She did not realise she had spent about thirty minutes analysing how the meeting would go.

The sound of the door opening separated her from the world of her thoughts.

-------------------

Chuks shook hands with Gbenga and Femi,
"Long time," he addressed Gbenga.
"Na so oh,"

Princess waved at both men, she wanted to take her seat but would it not be rude to just sit as if she was in good rapport with them.
Chuks obviously knew the stranger, and her silly brother could not even help with the introductions.

"Gbenga meet Chuks sister Princess, Princess Gbenga," Femi introduced both parties, "You can sit Princess." he added.
Princess blessed him in her mind for coming to her rescue, she sat while nodding her head at Gbenga who waved at her.

"Gbenga we'll talk later now," Femi said to Gbenga, he was yet to find out what issue Gbenga had gotten himself into. And he was sure it was not a good thing, he did not want to involve outsiders, they could discuss it later.

"No oh, they might even be of help," Gbenga objected.
"Uhn?" Femi asked, was his cousin thinking?

"I'm serious Femi, I'm confused. They might be of help."
"Whats wrong?" Chuks asked, were this guys involved in dirty deals? Maybe he and Princess should not have come in here in the first place.

Princess however brought out her phone and started playing a game, she would resist joining their conversation.
"Na woman matter oh," Gbenga replied.

Princess ears were alert, she was interested in the gist but did not show it. She just pretended to be engrossed in her phone.
"What else?" Femi hissed, "I need a glass of water." he said to no one in particular while leaving the sitting room.

He came back few minutes later and asked, "so are you done explaining to Chuks? Princess is obviously not interested in the discussion."
Princess looked up as she heard her name, there had been no discussion. What was this one saying?

"Femi, sit down. I really need your help, no jokes." Gbenga pleaded.
"Oya now talk, let me just stand." Femi replied.

"Okay, a lady is pregnant for me. The thing is she wants to abort the pregnancy while I want her to keep it. Its causing issues." Gbenga narrated.

Femi looked at his cousin, "Whatever happened to using protection?"
"It was a mistake that happened once," Gbenga replied with his face downwards.

Princess looked at Chuks, she had expected him to ask the question as a player and not Femi but was surprised when she saw something in his eyes.

Were those tears?

4 Likes

Re: Meant To Be by chade(f): 3:46am On Dec 26, 2013
Tnx 4 d update,but its short o
Re: Meant To Be by Ifex9(m): 7:09am On Dec 26, 2013
Yea! They're tears like "rain drops" princess
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 7:34am On Dec 26, 2013
chade: Tnx 4 d update,but its short o

Chade thats 4998 words, I know because it was remaining 2 letas more..my apologies

Ifex9: Yea! They're tears like "rain drops" princess

I be tink say na 2face drop comment oooocheesy
Re: Meant To Be by walewunmi(m): 7:38am On Dec 26, 2013
$Πøwpr¡Π¢€:
abeg more meat ooo.enjoy ur sef cuz xmass don de go till next year again beta enjoy.hu dei dia brng more wine# winkwat oo wia de PRO sef.abeg more meat ooo.enjoy ur sef cuz xmass don de go till next year again beta enjoy.hu dei dia brng more wine#
Ehm I'm so sorry I dint reply early but newaiz wine is coming through just hold on for some seconds.
D9ty7 and his brother with the tooth pick,I will serve you guys right away lolgrin.
@everyone hope you guys had a fun filled day cos we really enjoy ourselves here...please oh if you are going to drink,don't drink pass your limit,we luv you so much that we value your life pls don't over drink...pls try and drop a comment after reading,THANKS
Signed:walewunmi (PRO)

2 Likes

Re: Meant To Be by Oluwalala(m): 9:14am On Dec 26, 2013
Captivating story I must say! One begin to wonder how this medical/pharmacist dudes/chicks manage to combine literature and science

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (39) (Reply)

The Paradox Of Abel (The Sequel) / Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) / WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.