Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,264 members, 7,964,167 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 09:16 AM

15 Reasons Why President Jonathan Must Run In 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 15 Reasons Why President Jonathan Must Run In 2015 (1282 Views)

You Must Run Far From OBJ If You Want To Succeed As President, Owie Tells Buhari / Aisha Buhari: Why President-elect’s Wife May Not Be Nigeria’s Next First Lady / Ak 2015 Governorship Race: Why Umana Okon Umana Must Run (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Reasons Why President Jonathan Must Run In 2015 by Kponkwem(m): 11:16am On Nov 08, 2013
I read that the President is under pressure to run for the 2015 general elections. That he is therefore still considering and will reply in 2014.
I say no the President need not consider, he should just run as an entitlement. These are just 15 reasons why he should:

Run, Jonathan run! For this 15 reasons:

If you fail to answer this call to duty from informed and concerned Nigerians to continue till 2019, your name will fade into the oblivion of history.

1. Run, to sustain the agro growth enhancement support(GES) which introduced e-wallet to cut off shylock middlemen in seedlings and fertiliser supplies thus creating massive jobs through export driven value chains in cassava, rice, sugar cane, tomatoe, fisheries etc

2. for continuation of massive road reconstruction, airports remodelling, sea, river and dry ports development.

3.Run, for the actualisation of the power sector road map with capacity increases in hydro, gas, coal, wind energy infrastructure, hand over of PHCN subs to 15 licensed discos and gencos which is set to transform power supply and create massive jobs!

4. Run, oga Joe for continued increase in external reserves now put at $47bn. The management of the economy under you have continued to get commendation in capital markets. The Fitch ratings, and other international agencies, put non oil growth at 7.9 per cent. This is massive!

5. Run, to continue work on intermodal rail networks and navigable river transport development which is driving economic group through bulk movements of goods within the country

6. Run to build more modern Almajiri schools for many northern street kids after commissioning 64 of 89 ongoing. Remember other parts of the country oo!

7. The civil service and pension reforms with computerisation and taskforce team in place.

8. Continue your work of tracking oil theft through official and unofficial means including the subsidy outlet and bunkering.

9. Continue to entrench merit and equity in the military and paramilitary institutions long abused by successive govts.

10. You have no credible opposition party or candidate as at now. So since nature abhors vacuum, just seat pretty holding the knife and the yam.

11. Run to give the peoples of SE and SS a sense of belonging. After the traumatising years of civil war and military rule, you are the first Easterner to hold the office of Executive President!

12. Run to safeguard the country's peace and unity, because you cannot guarantee what will happen in the creeks after your forced exit especially with no meaningful work done on the terms of the amnesty agreement which you as VP facilitated under your boss Yar'Adua with the militants and stakeholders I.e: a)youth empowerment, b)environmental remediation, c) east-west road, d)inter-ocean bridges-Calabar to Epe, e) land reclamation, f) new universities and g)50 per cent community control of oil resources.

13. Run to implement the outcome of the national confab which we hope will return equity to the country

14. There is no region that has the birthright to rule the country, more so the oil resources used to sustain the bogus bureaucracy in the country comes from your area.

15. Run because the constitution in sections 35 and 37 does not bar you.

4 Likes

Re: 15 Reasons Why President Jonathan Must Run In 2015 by Ugom38(f): 11:25am On Nov 08, 2013
but who is always saying Jonathan is an easterner,is it because of the Azikiwe and Ebele we were deceived with.you ppl should stop saying dat pls
Re: 15 Reasons Why President Jonathan Must Run In 2015 by Lawconfessor(f): 11:28am On Nov 08, 2013
Sensible post.
U really thought deep. Gej till 2019 grin
He need to finish wot he started- cos whose work no finish no dey abandon am.

1 Like

Re: 15 Reasons Why President Jonathan Must Run In 2015 by Nobody: 11:37am On Nov 08, 2013
Kponkwem:

11. Run to give the peoples of SE and SS a sense of belonging. After the traumatising years of civil war and military rule, you are the first Easterner to hold the office of Executive President!

GEJ isn't from the South East. Don't mislead others, mislead only yourself.
Re: 15 Reasons Why President Jonathan Must Run In 2015 by AnodaIT(m): 11:41am On Nov 08, 2013
Sai GEJ
Haterz go die
Re: 15 Reasons Why President Jonathan Must Run In 2015 by DarryOsh(m): 12:06pm On Nov 08, 2013
Of course he can run in 2015.......but he aint gonna win.

All u GEJ supporters on NL, i wonder if u are paid for this pseudo-campain. You keep pushing GEJ into our faces lik he is our best option, like he is our only option.
Anyway, lets assume that is not the case, lets assume you just love GEJ. Afterall, u have a right to your opinion
I deserve more than GEJ as my president. Attack me if you want, but it wont change the fact that oga JONA aint getting my vote, come 2014....and remember that I have a right to my opinion!
Re: 15 Reasons Why President Jonathan Must Run In 2015 by Kponkwem(m): 12:20pm On Nov 08, 2013
@Ugom38 and @Jayeris

Bayelsa where GEJ is from is part of old eastern region. There are 9 states now out of that region.

I know that many of you are too young to understand this fact and may still be pandering to the interests of our traducers outside the East.

The region had no imaginary boundaries as it is now before the civil war and up till 1996 when Dr Alex Ekwueme brought the six regional proposal. I support the idea of SS and SE as seperate regions for purposes of development. But the bonds of history, culture, geography, religion and economy are too strong to be ignored. What is the distance between Nembe (Bayelsa) through Elele (Rivers) to Owerri (Imo) or Oyigbo (Rivers) to Ukwa(Abia) or Ikot Abia Idem(Akwa Ibom) to Oboro (Abia)? All less than 20 minutes drive. What are the predominant languages spoken here and do they lack mutual intelligibility?

The President himself in September 2010 insisted he is an easterner while questioning the rationale for insisting on a monolithic 19 states north and rejecting same for the old east.

I assure you that through meetings in Asaba and Enugu the old eastern political leaders are re-engaging on mutual trust and collaboration especially for greater good of their peoples in a post Jonathan and post-oil Nigeria.

Read President Jonathan himself: http://www.gbooza.com/m/group/discussion?id=5506827%3ATopic%3A23886
Re: 15 Reasons Why President Jonathan Must Run In 2015 by Ugom38(f): 12:30pm On Nov 08, 2013
that was before not now,we are focusing on the present.GEJ is a southerner nothing more nothing less
Re: 15 Reasons Why President Jonathan Must Run In 2015 by Kponkwem(m): 1:01pm On Nov 08, 2013
Ugom38: that was before not now,we are focusing on the present.GEJ is a southerner nothing more nothing less

Appalled at your understanding of simple geaography. You too are southerner, I'm a southerner. SE,SS, SW are members of the southern front. So you don't limit it to Jona.
Re: 15 Reasons Why President Jonathan Must Run In 2015 by AnodaIT(m): 2:19pm On Nov 08, 2013
Kponkwem: Ikot Abia Idem(Akwa Ibom) to Oboro (Abia)
That's ma place cool
Re: 15 Reasons Why President Jonathan Must Run In 2015 by Beaf1: 3:42pm On Nov 08, 2013
6 Reasons Why Jonathan Must Run in 2015

1 - In 2015 he must Run for his dear life because EFCC will be coming for him
2 - In 2015 he must Run back to the creeks and continue with his fishing occupation because that is what he is good at
3 - In 2015 he must Run to obasanjo and beg him to please educate him on how to survive in the Nigerian prisons
4 - In 2015 he must Run to his wife and tell her to be ready for the d-day
5 - In 2015 he must Run to his mentor Alamgheadba%$*& grin to teach him how to disguise as a woman to beat airport securities
6 - etc etc etc etc

2 Likes

Re: 15 Reasons Why President Jonathan Must Run In 2015 by realsuigeneris: 3:49pm On Nov 08, 2013
DarryOsh: Of course he can run in 2015.......but he aint gonna win.

All u GEJ supporters on NL, i wonder if u are paid for this pseudo-campain. You keep pushing GEJ into our faces lik he is our best option, like he is our only option.
Anyway, lets assume that is not the case, lets assume you just love GEJ. Afterall, u have a right to your opinion
I deserve more than GEJ as my president. Attack me if you want, but it wont change the fact that oga JONA aint getting my vote, come 2014....and remember that I have a right to my opinion!

My brother pls who is the option? pls tell us. Even APC cannot tell us, they are busy nosing around the PDP camp searching for that option. Lol!! APC should name that person amongst their party that will challenge GEJ..................
Re: 15 Reasons Why President Jonathan Must Run In 2015 by funnyx(m): 4:23pm On Nov 08, 2013
Beaf!:

2 - In 2015 he must Run back to the creeks and continue with his fishing occupation because that is what he is good at
3 - In 2015 he must Run to obasanjo and beg him to please educate him on how to survive in the Nigerian prisons
5 - In 2015 he must Run to his mentor Alamgheadba%$*& grin to teach him how to disguise as a woman to beat airport securities
6 - etc etc etc etc

Lwkmd grin grin grin grin grin grin run fat boy run grin grin grin
Re: 15 Reasons Why President Jonathan Must Run In 2015 by bellyjean(m): 6:53pm On Nov 08, 2013
Everything listed na pure rubbish.
Our major concern in this nation is how justice has been buried deep in soil.
We hear massive looting everyday, subsidy scam, embezzling of public money, and so on.
It is only in this country that I see a corrupt official that has been convicted of crime and would not be prosecuted. He would go on and enjoy all the ill-gotten wealth.
Do u know that as of today, james ibori is still a free man, nigeria has not found him guilty at all. If not for UK, the man would still be in government today.
I wonder what GEJ is going to do about stella Oduah's case, is he going to let her go scot free? Where is justice in dis nation?? Rule of law
It's so obvious that corruption is thriving and growing in GEJ's administration.
He is so weak hearted and above all another thief whose mission is to sink this nation down into hell.

PDP has only one mission, to enrich their pockets at any cost. Look at all of them, OBJ, abdusalam abubakar, atiku, amaech, akpabio, oyinlola, omisore, stella, FFK, GEJ, PEJ, ayim pius ayim, allyson maduekwe, babangida, shagari, and many more.

They are neva satisfied.

A generation of determined and selfless nigerian are being bred as I speak. They will transform this country, they will save us from their grip with only one possible means.

I wouldn't say revolution is going to happen neither will I say civil war, but these individuals are sacrificing themselves for the good of this nation.

Those god forsaken bastards are sitting on a time bomb.

There is still hope for this nation though.
God bless nigeria

1 Like

Re: 15 Reasons Why President Jonathan Must Run In 2015 by Fulaman198(m): 7:30pm On Nov 08, 2013
bellyjean: Everything listed na pure rubbish.
Our major concern in this nation is how justice has been buried deep in soil.
We hear massive looting everyday, subsidy scam, embezzling of public money, and so on.
It is only in this country that I see a corrupt official that has been convicted of crime and would not be prosecuted. He would go on and enjoy all the ill-gotten wealth.
Do u know that as of today, james ibori is still a free man, nigeria has not found him guilty at all. If not for UK, the man would still be in government today.
I wonder what GEJ is going to do about stella Oduah's case, is he going to let her go scot free? Where is justice in dis nation?? Rule of law
It's so obvious that corruption is thriving and growing in GEJ's administration.
He is so weak hearted and above all another thief whose mission is to sink this nation down into hell.

PDP has only one mission, to enrich their pockets at any cost. Look at all of them, OBJ, abdusalam abubakar, atiku, amaech, akpabio, oyinlola, omisore, stella, FFK, GEJ, PEJ, ayim pius ayim, allyson maduekwe, babangida, shagari, and many more.

They are neva satisfied.

A generation of determined and selfless nigerian are being bred as I speak. They will transform this country, they will save us from their grip with only one possible means.

I wouldn't say revolution is going to happen neither will I say civil war, but these individuals are sacrificing themselves for the good of this nation.

Those god forsaken bastards are sitting on a time bomb.

There is still hope for this nation though.
God bless nigeria

Wow 100% agree with you.

I don't care either Northerner or Southerner, we just keep getting corrupt fools as leaders from both regions who only care for themselves and little to nothing about the country. Nigeria needs a Selfless leader, I don't care where this leader comes from Northwest, North central, Northeast, Middle Belt, South West, South Central, South East, I don't care. I just want a leader who has a big heart for all 160 million+ Nigerians.
Re: 15 Reasons Why President Jonathan Must Run In 2015 by DarryOsh(m): 10:15pm On Nov 08, 2013
realsui-generis:

My brother pls who is the option? pls tell us. Even APC cannot tell us, they are busy nosing around the PDP camp searching for that option. Lol!! APC should name that person amongst their party that will challenge GEJ..................

i wil not lie to u, bro. I dont even know who the option is at the moment. Al i see at the moment are thieves, thieves and more inept thieves...2015 is stil over a year away.....I hope our option comes up before then. I think its time nigerians started to consider the other parties and stop seein it as just PDP vs APC.

Whatever happens, i am not blinded by sentiments and dont care about the party or the tribe.

Its too early to say who wil earn my vote (or if anyone wil even earn it. But i seriously hope someone worth it comes up).

I am certain of one thing though. I deserve more than GEJ as my president and he cant get my vote.
Re: 15 Reasons Why President Jonathan Must Run In 2015 by ifebosco: 1:53am On Nov 09, 2013
Beaf!:

6 - etc etc etc etc
this is the original beafblind supporter of gej

(1) (Reply)

President Jonathan Scared Of Apc's New Plans / For Failing To Bribe Policeman With N200 I Was Sentenced To Death / Those In Support Of Homosexuality Please Support Me In My Own Struggle.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.