Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,821 members, 7,972,938 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 10:35 PM

Stiff Steering - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Stiff Steering (1510 Views)

Repair Of Stiff Steering 07 Camry / Honda Accord With Stiff Steering Any Help / My Steering Wheel Vibrates At High Speed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stiff Steering by kumari089(m): 1:20pm On Nov 08, 2013
Guys Please what could be the cause of a stiff steering.

Thank you
Re: Stiff Steering by Lexusgs430: 1:30pm On Nov 08, 2013
Either your car has a manual steering wheel or
If it is power steering enabled, your power steering pump could be faulty, your power steering fluid reservoir is empty, your power steering reservoir has been filled up with the wrong type of lubricant or a leak in your power steering line.
Have your vehicle physically examined.
Re: Stiff Steering by kumari089(m): 5:07pm On Nov 08, 2013
Lexusgs430: Either your car has a manual steering wheel or
If it is power steering enabled, your power steering pump could be faulty, your power steering fluid reservoir is empty, your power steering reservoir has been filled up with the wrong type of lubricant or a leak in your power steering line.

Thanks Luxusgs430. The steering is a power steering wheel just as u said. But please where is the Power steering fluid reservoir located as i have never change the fluid, though the car is a Tokunbo volvo s80 2006.
Re: Stiff Steering by Lexusgs430: 5:48pm On Nov 08, 2013
kumari_089:

Thanks Luxusgs430. The steering is a power steering wheel just as u said. But please where is the Power steering fluid reservoir located as i have never change the fluid, though the car is a Tokunbo volvo s80 2006.

When you open the bonnet, look for all containers that have a lid. One of the containers would be brake fluid and the other should be the power steering fluid.
When you buy a tokunbo car, one of the imperative things to do, is giving it a full service and draining all fluids + replacing with manufacturers specified lubricants.
Re: Stiff Steering by kumari089(m): 10:29pm On Nov 08, 2013
Thanks will check it out
Re: Stiff Steering by omokayodey: 9:40am On Apr 06, 2021
Lexusgs430:
Either your car has a manual steering wheel or

Please do you have anyone who sells the power steering pump (GS 430) that you can recommend? Thanks for your response
Re: Stiff Steering by Lexusgs430: 1:38am On Apr 07, 2021
omokayodey:

Please do you have anyone who sells the power steering pump (GS 430) that you can recommend? Thanks for your response

Unfortunately, I don't know.......

Head to Ladipo or similar parts market.........

(1) (Reply)

Advice Needed On My 1st LOW BUDGET Car / Is Uber Cheaper Than Owning A Car? / This N120million Lamborghini Urus Will Be The Baddest SUV (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.