Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,370 members, 7,974,516 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 06:53 AM

Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? (8932 Views)

Proudly Nigerian: 15 Year Old Nigerian Makes History In The US / SAD: Nigerian Student Slumped And Died During Football Match - Photo / 73 Dead As Violence During Football Match (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by Seequadry(m): 10:26am On Nov 09, 2013
FELLOW NIGERIANS
How are you all doing?
I would like to use this medium to point out
a certain fact to all of us.
Did you know that When a Nigerian
National team scores a goal......Nigerians of all
ethnicity and religions will jump up in jubilation and
be screaming one word,one language in one voice "GOOAALLL!!!".
That moment, we forget our ethnic& tribalistic sentiments. wether it was scored by an Hausa, an. Igbo or a Yoruba man. We love the feelings, we
cherish the moments,we adore the players and we sing with one voice....."Up SuperEagles, Up Flying
Eagles, Up Golden Eaglets and Up Green
Eagles". When we talk about those games....we talk about "Nigeria" with one voice.We always wish Nigeria the best and support Nigeria with
our great man power to go all out for the "Glory", for the interest of "OneNigeria".Nigeria can work, Nigeria can be a better place,Nigeria can move forward if the Hausa man can support the Yoruba man in government, if the Yoruba man can shun
every ethnic sentiments and support the administration of the Igbo government. Look
at the Golden Eaglets...theHausa man
[YAHAYA] passes the ball to the Igboman
[IHEANACHO] & the Igbo man tries
anddribbles his way out of the huddles just
to set up the Yoruba man [AWONIYI] to
score the goal. That one goal that was fought for by the collective responsibility, hard work and
contributions of all the ethnic Nationality for one
common goal [interest] that will benefit, elevate and sky rocket this One Nation to a greater hight
and achievement (s). We should learn from this... weare one Nigeria,and that one greater Nigeria willonly be possible if we eschew this our habit of ethnic sentiments and religious bias. UP
GOLDENEAGLETS,
UP UP NIGERIA

8 Likes

Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by Nobody: 10:28am On Nov 09, 2013
dryakson: Proudly Nigerian...... Nigerian emerged overall best in some universities abroad
Proudly Nigerian... Nigerian emerged the best Islamic beauty contest in the world
Proudly Nigerian.... Nigeria is the 2 must corrupt country in the world
Proudly Nigerian... Third mainland bridge is the longest brigde in Africa
..... Many many many many....
Proudly Nigerian

i know this is a joke
Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by Nobody: 10:30am On Nov 09, 2013

1 Like

Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by Bome01(m): 10:30am On Nov 09, 2013
Am surprised that despite watching their demolition of Mexico in their first match, i didn't follow them that much (didn't even watch the final-I know i missed). . . But i still feel proud of our national teams especially the Super Eagles. . . But presently, Chelsea FC comes first for me before any other team!
Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by philip0906(m): 10:30am On Nov 09, 2013
Acidosis: The boys would earn their money and continue with their lives..

..and then on monday, Nigerian graduates will occupy the streets with CVs searching for jobs..

A full grown family man (Degree holder) with kids will also continue with his Okada riding business..

Meanwhile, achievements like this is meant to ease the frustrations temporarily.. cool
Frustrations continue on Monday.

For now, let the people keep smiling smiley
1.its not only football that makes people smile. For crying out loud, they've got their lives and you are not in it.
2.Moreover, millions of Nigerians didn't watch that match- #hustlethings.
3. Majority of the peeps who watched that match, watch the premiership week in week out supporting one club or the other, so the happiness thingy, is not a momentary one.

1 Like

Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by Nobody: 10:30am On Nov 09, 2013
ogugua88: That's what it feels like with some people. I don't notice this kind of patriotism on Independence Day sef. On October 1, people are busy cursing the country and saying that Nigeria has done nothing for them. However, yesterday, and after the AFCON win (after Nigerians were against them from the group stages), people have brushed dust from their flags and waves them high again. I'd like to think Nigeria has more than football to be grateful for.

Anyway, my patriotism is never turned off. There's no such thing as a perfect nation. So, through thick and thin, I'm always a proud Nigerian.

You of all people should know FOOTBALL! is just ENTERTAINMENT.

And it shouldnt be use as a scale to measure citizens PATRIOTISM! NEVER!!!

its entertainment...LIKE 50CENT! R KELLY AND ALL...

The only time CITIZENS are patriotic is when the country is in a good state...when the government works for the people..because it is people that get elected ss government officials as such they hold to their patriotism....

But since ours is a failure, everyone here claiming proud nigerian would loot this county as our leaders if they end up in governement positions...

These guys are clowns!!

1 Like

Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by musaajebor(m): 10:30am On Nov 09, 2013
emmy-richie:
o nawao bboko space tinz
greall1: .
Pedagogue: .
Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by gidzbobby: 10:32am On Nov 09, 2013
ah don't even know if am proudly Nigerian

1 Like

Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by safarigirl(f): 10:36am On Nov 09, 2013
I'm proudly Nigerian whenever one of our artistes get international recognition, whenever our stories are told to the rest of the world, when another great Nigerian intellectual shows Africa isn't filled with dead-brained monkeys, when our vibrant cultures are displayed to the world. Most importantly, I'm proudly Nigerian after a successful mauling of Ghana or Kenya by Nigerians on Twitter

1 Like

Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by Nobody: 10:39am On Nov 09, 2013
i m proudly nigerian when i hear a corrupt politician is nabbed and a protest for better governance is taken place
Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by kay4all(m): 10:40am On Nov 09, 2013
Am Proudly nigerian always

2 Likes

Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by Nobody: 10:41am On Nov 09, 2013
nutty_hnic: You of all people should know FOOTBALL! is just ENTERTAINMENT.

And it shouldnt be use as a scale to measure citizens PATRIOTISM! NEVER!!!

its entertainment...LIKE 50CENT! R KELLY AND ALL...

The only time CITIZENS are patriotic is when the country is in a good state...when the government works for the people..because it is people that get elected ss government officials as such they hold to their patriotism....

But since ours is a failure, everyone here claiming proud nigerian would loot this county as our leaders if they end up in governement positions...

These guys are clowns!!

Football is more than entertainment at the World Cup stage. The most qualified countries put their best athletes forward in hopes of obtaining the highest honor. Having such a chance is an honor in itself.

People shouldn't only be patriotic when the government is working. I even think that it's lack of patriotism that continues to send Nigeria down the wrong path. Patriotic Nigerians should hold leaders and politicians accountable because we want our nation to progress and be a force to be reckoned with. However, if we lack patriotism and go about our lives in utter disregard, then those on top see that they are trodding on no one's toes and can do as they wish.

7 Likes

Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by musaajebor(m): 10:45am On Nov 09, 2013
O.T.I.S:
Busted
Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by Nobody: 10:47am On Nov 09, 2013
ogugua88:

Football is more than entertainment at the World Cup stage. The most qualified countries put their best athletes forward in hopes of obtaining the highest honor. Having such a chance is an honor in itself.

People shouldn't only be patriotic when the government is working. I even think that it's lack of patriotism that continues to send Nigeria down the wrong path. Patriotic Nigerians should hold leaders and politicians accountable because we want our nation to progress and be a force to be reckoned with. However, if we lack patriotism and go about our lives in utter disregard, then those on top see that they are trodding on no one's toes and can do as they wish.

Am not saying we should be patriotic only when the government works.

A GOVERNMENT THAT FUNCTIONS AS IT SHOULD SHOWS PATRIOTISM....
Because governments dont fall from heaven...its the people who get elected as such they HOLD TO THESE TRUTHS and end up ruling effectively...

Football is entertainment
Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by Nobody: 10:48am On Nov 09, 2013
proudly Nigerian esp when am in a foreign land,i.e TOGO grin.. grin

1 Like

Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by arewatech(m): 10:48am On Nov 09, 2013
ogugua88:

My like + that of all people in my village who don't visit nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by MORNDEW(m): 10:50am On Nov 09, 2013
There has neva beign a day dat am not proud beign a nigerian. Our music makes me proud, blessin okagbare, samuel peter, achebe, soyinka, tuface, d'banj, psquare, nigerian stdnts abroad, dangote, adenuga, jay jay, kanu, mikel, nd nw iheanacho, am also proud of hw far our movie has gone, above all am proud dat despite hw bad our leaders ar there ar dose dat has done well nd can do more eg Fashola, okorocha, amaechi,akapabio, oshiomhole nt Forgetin Donald Duke. All dis make me proud

1 Like

Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by Zumarocket(f): 10:51am On Nov 09, 2013
MillionDollars: i'm i love with Nigeria CORRUPTIONALLY! For crying out loud, we are the 3rd most corrupt country in da world, E easy?

shotup u black ghanas
Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by Nobody: 10:52am On Nov 09, 2013
I have a dream profound in my heart screaming out loud for recognition.

The dream is simple, Nigeria will be great one day. And dat day we all will pledge total allegiance to our country Nigeria. And the whole world be it in nairobi, kenya. Be it in johannesburg, south africa. Be it in washington d.c . U.S.A. will know thay our strenght lies in our diversity and we can indeed be united.

Through thick or thin I believe.

One Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by ayusco85(m): 10:57am On Nov 09, 2013
To be honest yes, its only during football tournaments that A̶̲̥̅♏ proudly Nigerian. Cos good news dont seldom emanate from Nigeria as A̶̲̥̅ country, one worthy of been proud of. So yes, its only during football tournaments. Its upto the government to find ways of delivering the dividends of democracy to its teeming populace.
#True Story

Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by MicroBox: 10:57am On Nov 09, 2013
dryakson: Proudly Nigerian...... Nigerian emerged overall best in some universities abroad
Proudly Nigerian... Nigerian emerged the best Islamic beauty contest in the world
Proudly Nigerian
Abeg what is "Nigerian emerged overall best in SOME universities abroad"
I don't understand, Na your type make them carry English test centers comot for 9ja
Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by 4reigningqueen: 11:00am On Nov 09, 2013
Naturally, we are proud people not only during football match..

Here is what i saw just this morning.

1 Like

Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by ichommy(m): 11:02am On Nov 09, 2013
YES
Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by chrisovo: 11:02am On Nov 09, 2013
MillionDollars: i'm i love with Nigeria CORRUPTIONALLY! For crying out loud, we are the 3rd most corrupt country in da world, E easy?

Tnk God you stared "3rd" in the world and not 1st, means there is tendency that nigeria is going to get out dat list soon, pls let's start by making a difference to make a better place for our children's children
Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by Obrafour(m): 11:02am On Nov 09, 2013
safarigirl:
[s]I'm proudly Nigerian whenever one of
our artistes get international
recognition, whenever our stories are
told to the rest of the world, when
another great Nigerian intellectual
shows Africa isn't filled with dead-
brained monkeys, when our vibrant
cultures are displayed to the world[/s].

Most importantly, I'm proudly Nigerian after a successful mauling of Ghana or Kenya by Nigerians on Twitter
why am I nnot suprised with this quote? That explains your constant nagging and bickering about anything Ghana.
Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by profvic3: 11:04am On Nov 09, 2013
no topic,hence dis junk cry
Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by Orikinla(m): 11:09am On Nov 09, 2013
No.
I am pledged to be proud of Nigeria for the sake of the most beautiful and wonderful children and women God has blessed us with and for the sake of the youngest of them all who is only two, because of her, I am ready to do my best to make sure Nigeria will be a better, safer and richer country no matter the challenges we face and even if means changing a bad government, I will do it.
Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by Nobody: 11:10am On Nov 09, 2013
I'm proud of my country anytime, anyday but definately not of football cos I hate football........besides I still wonder what some people gain in watchin mature agile men seriously pursueing a round leather all in the name of fun..
Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by juman(m): 11:11am On Nov 09, 2013
Proudly Nigerian

grin grin grin

One nigeria is a fraud. Corruption unlimited.
Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by airclipse(m): 11:13am On Nov 09, 2013
Freiburger:
plus 10likes smiley
na so my broda ...ur head dey dere.... wink
Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by juman(m): 11:13am On Nov 09, 2013
I dislike this deliberately failed country.
Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by Soferkizzy007: 11:14am On Nov 09, 2013
you boring joo!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Political Thugs Snatch 230 Permanent Voters Card In Nasarawa / ‘we Need To Get Nigerians Out Of America – Donald Trump / No One Is Above The Law Including Patience Jonathan, Says APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.