Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,732 members, 7,979,471 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 09:32 AM

Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? (8936 Views)

Proudly Nigerian: 15 Year Old Nigerian Makes History In The US / SAD: Nigerian Student Slumped And Died During Football Match - Photo / 73 Dead As Violence During Football Match (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by taiocol: 11:17am On Nov 09, 2013
proud of 9ja 24/7 except when it comes to music. God....... There s#ck

1 Like

Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by johnsonjosbles(m): 11:21am On Nov 09, 2013
Acidosis: The boys would earn their money and continue with their lives..

..and then on monday, Nigerian graduates will occupy the streets with CVs searching for jobs..

A full grown family man (Degree holder) with kids will also continue with his Okada riding business..

Meanwhile, achievements like this is meant to ease the frustrations temporarily.. cool
Frustrations continue on Monday.

For now, let the people keep smiling smiley
you are awesome,u undstand nigerian plight i appriciate ur coment because u speak my mind.
Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by abdullkabar(m): 11:21am On Nov 09, 2013
seriously!!! YES
what else cn i fumble on?
Terrorism!!!!!! NO
Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by nakwe(m): 11:22am On Nov 09, 2013
I'm not just black but I'm an African and a Nigerian at that. I'm proud to b a Nigerian and I can say it anywhere.
Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by Elmaxcentini(m): 11:23am On Nov 09, 2013
Zumarocket:

shotup u black ghanas

A black man calling another black man black??
Now that's racism at it peak.
Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by Lawcurrent(m): 11:23am On Nov 09, 2013
shegzy23: best under 17 in the world

guy, what was the topic?
Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by Anniettieufia(m): 11:28am On Nov 09, 2013
I don't know why this post want to be hidden . ... ..... .....
Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by free2ryhme: 11:29am On Nov 09, 2013
How can I be a proud nigeRian wen minister of avaition steals 255 million naiRa to buy bullet proof benz, 50 million naiRa SURE-P money is missing, relocating a common gate is costing 64billion naira and leaders aRe coRrupt to the blood

Shame NigeRia!

1 Like

Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by Cusubaba(m): 11:31am On Nov 09, 2013
Obrafour: why am I nnot suprised with this quote? That explains your constant nagging and bickering about anything Ghana.
Ur the biggest fool on earth. Poky i.d.i.o.t! what are u doing in Nigeria forum? U sleep and wake up in nigeria forum, looking for who will mention Ghana name. Why u GAYNAIANS so senseless and stupid!

1 Like

Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by Gwekzy: 11:40am On Nov 09, 2013
I pledge to Nigeria my country... Proud Naija anytime anywhere
Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by Nobody: 11:45am On Nov 09, 2013
I'm proudly Nigerian anytime...anyday! Football is the least of the many reasons I'm proud to be Nigerian!

If there's anything that I'm not proud of about Nigeria....they are NIGERIANS! To say I hate them is an understatement! angry. They are the curse Plagued on this great nation! angry.
Except me though smiley and a few others
Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by Vado(m): 11:45am On Nov 09, 2013
Yep! Only during football.
Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by OneNaira6: 11:46am On Nov 09, 2013
Mtcheww.
Till date I see no reason to be proud of Nigeria, football or not. As if football go fit make dis nation a great place. mtchewwww

1 Like

Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by michealade(m): 11:49am On Nov 09, 2013
p.guyokec:
Seun I believe we Nairalanders have right
atleast to vote. Plz seun we have complained .
The way Sexkillz is banning my account It
getting alarming. We Nairalanders want
Sexkillz out plz.
angry
someone banned me for quoting sumtin long!!!seriously it was annoying dat day buh no p...itzz still Nigeria!u can always expect anytin
Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by Nobody: 11:50am On Nov 09, 2013
speedyboi: I'm proudly Nigerian anytime...anyday! Football is the least of the many reasons I'm proud to be Nigerian!

If there's anything that I'm not proud of about Nigeria....they are NIGERIANS! To say I hate them is an understatement! angry. They are the curse Plagued on this great nation! angry.
Except me though smiley and a few others

Dont hate them.
try to be good to people around you.
dont break faith.

thats all it is.
Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by mukoloAndy(m): 11:51am On Nov 09, 2013
Seequadry: FELLOW NIGERIANS
How are you all doing?
I would like to use this medium to point out
a certain fact to all of us.
Did you know that When a Nigerian
National team scores a goal......Nigerians of all
ethnicity and religions will jump up in jubilation and
be screaming one word,one language in one voice "GOOAALLL!!!".
That moment, we forget our ethnic& tribalistic sentiments. wether it was scored by an Hausa, an. Igbo or a Yoruba man. We love the feelings, we
cherish the moments,we adore the players and we sing with one voice....."Up SuperEagles, Up Flying
Eagles, Up Golden Eaglets and Up Green
Eagles". When we talk about those games....we talk about "Nigeria" with one voice.We always wish Nigeria the best and support Nigeria with
our great man power to go all out for the "Glory", for the interest of "OneNigeria".Nigeria can work, Nigeria can be a better place,Nigeria can move forward if the Hausa man can support the Yoruba man in government, if the Yoruba man can shun
every ethnic sentiments and support the administration of the Igbo government. Look
at the Golden Eaglets...theHausa man
[YAHAYA] passes the ball to the Igboman
[IHEANACHO] & the Igbo man tries
anddribbles his way out of the huddles just
to set up the Yoruba man [AWONIYI] to
score the goal. That one goal that was fought for by the collective responsibility, hard work and
contributions of all the ethnic Nationality for one
common goal [interest] that will benefit, elevate and sky rocket this One Nation to a greater hight
and achievement (s). We should learn from this... weare one Nigeria,and that one greater Nigeria willonly be possible if we eschew this our habit of ethnic sentiments and religious bias. UP
GOLDENEAGLETS,
UP UP NIGERIA
[quote][quote author=Seequadry]

Well said!
Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by brilapluz(m): 11:53am On Nov 09, 2013
ogugua88:

Football is more than entertainment at the World Cup stage. The most qualified countries put their best athletes forward in hopes of obtaining the highest honor. Having such a chance is an honor in itself.

People shouldn't only be patriotic when the government is working. I even think that it's lack of patriotism that continues to send Nigeria down the wrong path. Patriotic Nigerians should hold leaders and politicians accountable because we want our nation to progress and be a force to be reckoned with. However, if we lack patriotism and go about our lives in utter disregard, then those on top see that they are trodding on no one's toes and can do as they wish.

spot on ogugua....100000000likes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Nov 09, 2013
Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by creativemusic: 12:13pm On Nov 09, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin all the time proudly Nigerian grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by ddippset(m): 12:26pm On Nov 09, 2013
During football tournaments? Not during age grade competitions like yesterday cus I can't say for other countries but we always cheat, whether anybody likes me to mention it or not. At the africa cup of nations yes I was proudly nigerian. As far as iam concerned nigerians had reason to be proud in football just once in about 20 years. That's february this year when we won afcon. Besides that nothing else so this post is baseless.
Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by GSKing: 12:36pm On Nov 09, 2013
I'm proudly Nigerian only during football tournaments... that's of course, IF they're winning...

Asides that... count me out!
Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by sixtu: 12:48pm On Nov 09, 2013
No matter day weather,I B omoh 9ja!
Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by RedLight1: 12:49pm On Nov 09, 2013
ogugua88: That's what it feels like with some people. I don't notice this kind of patriotism on Independence Day sef. On October 1, people are busy cursing the country and saying that Nigeria has done nothing for them. However, yesterday, and after the AFCON win (after Nigerians were against them from the group stages), people have brushed dust from their flags and waves them high again. I'd like to think Nigeria has more than football to be grateful for.

Anyway, my patriotism is never turned off. There's no such thing as a perfect nation. So, through thick and thin, I'm always a proud Nigerian.
aint this beautiful? cry

1 Like

Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by Tonylyte(m): 12:59pm On Nov 09, 2013
You shuld knw i bleed green..i rep naija.
Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by Waspy(m): 1:09pm On Nov 09, 2013
Any other side attraction? undecided
Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by pazienza(m): 1:19pm On Nov 09, 2013
Proudly Igbo anytime anyday. Nigeria gbakwa oku!
Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Nov 09, 2013
Proudly Nigerian? I hv neva used that phrase cos i dnt feel lyk am proudly nigerian with the way things are going in this country. I m only proud to be me cos God made me to be me and He decided that i ll be a nigerian. And i thank Him cos since He planned it this way then its perfect
Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by Tonylyte(m): 1:24pm On Nov 09, 2013
Cusubaba: Ur the biggest fool on earth. Poky i.d.i.o.t! what are u doing in Nigeria forum? U sleep and wake up in nigeria forum, looking for who will mention Ghana name. Why u GAYNAIANS so senseless and stupid!
bro, dnt waste ya mb on de burnt-brained mollusc. An avery ghanaian is so black that it affected their brain....as far as am concerned, they r 4 races of the wrld:
mongoloid: the asians
caucasoid: the whites
negroid: the blacks
charcoloid: the ghanaians.
Features and characteristics of charcoaloids: they r burnt brained, dwarfs, ugly, they dnt bath, they eat only banku, they eat eggs instead of meat, they r lazy, they cnt dress-u see them wearing plain trouser wit trainers(white) and red socks, they are so poor, their men are tenants while their women are land-ladies, their women are bread winners of the family.. ..lol.

1 Like

Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by Oildichotomy(m): 1:31pm On Nov 09, 2013
Majorly when a Nigerian team plays whether football, sprint or any other sport and they're WINNING.
**Keyword WINNING
Secondly, when a nitwit from another country either black Africa or the West ridicule and stereotype Nigeria for their own selfish reason.
I know we're corrupt and I hate it with my life BUT not when a dunce make it an issue without regards for our feelings as Nigerians
Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by simdam500(m): 1:32pm On Nov 09, 2013
yes....... apart from yesterday(i'm proud of the eaglet) sad cant even remember the last time Nigerians made me proud (probably afcon)... thinkin of ASUU (naija makes me sick daily)
Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Nov 09, 2013
I NEVER USE THE TERM RATHER I ASK GOD WHY
OF THE THOUSANDS OF COUNTRIES HE HAD TO MAKE ME A NIGGERIAN
WELL I BELIEVE ITS 4 A PURPOSE I PRAY HE REVEALS THAT PURPOSE SOON

1 Like

Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by Lamasta(m): 1:48pm On Nov 09, 2013
I don't tell people am a Proud Nigerian its those that ask me I show my International Passport with the Green White Green colour always.
Proud to ba a Naija anytime, anyday, anywhere......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Absence Of Auditor- General May Stall Government’s Bid To Borrow $29.96b / USA Releases Military Hardware Bound For The Middle East (photos) / Okorocha Launches Youth Empowerment Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.