Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,866 members, 7,899,110 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 07:19 AM

Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague (39397 Views)

The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God / Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting / What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by vivaciousvivi(f): 4:07pm On Nov 20, 2013
I grew up being ordered by my mum to tell Jehovah Witnesses that "we are not interested". And I was further instructed to "shut the door immediately afterwards". I even remember feeling fly that at such a young age, I could use the word "interested". I later grew up and realized that even though at the time I was still catholic, such behavior was misguided.

By my late teens, I was feeling disillusioned with the catholic church and started having regular visits from witnesses and even started purchasing their publications. On the sly of course cos my mom would have been pis..ed!
I moved when I gained admission to Uni and lost contact with all my Witness study people and even the publications. My bedroom had been cleared out when I visited one xmas sad

So now, I am a member of RCCG and havn't looked back. But I still feel that with the amount of fervor and eagerness they endure in trying to spread the gospel, people should learn to be a little less judgmental and irrational in dealing with them. In life, what people do not understand, they tend to fear...however irrationally.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Zakamori: 4:08pm On Nov 20, 2013
hardbody: The reason is simple, Jesus said if they treated him like sh.it, so also will they treat his followers. For the truth seekers, if you find time to listen to them, they will answer all your question, citing your own bible. It appears to me that they are basically the only people that say it the way it is hence a lot of the other religous propagandists do not want to hear them telling them the gospel truth.

By the way i like your moniker @ booty
They are in error on many things bro. Even though I used to listen to them, and wish I could correct their errors when I find them, they always think they are always right. Which isnt so.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 4:08pm On Nov 20, 2013
Don't they treat others like plague too even christians.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Ozichim(m): 4:09pm On Nov 20, 2013
Lisbon007: The god of this system (satan)has blinded the minds and eyes of the unbeliever so that the glorious illumination about the 'the goodnew' might not shine through..

Who on earth today preach that Gods kingdom is the only solution to mankinds problems as Christ Jesus said we should in Mtt 6:9,10...?

This same people that knock on our doors...Jehovahs witnesses

im glad my studies is progressing...

All im begging Jehovah is to open peoples eyes like he did mine..i've been to 7 churches including catholic and methodist, non has lasted for 18months because all they teach is tradition of men and philosophy and wealth..

May Jehovah keep me in his Love..

Please tell me what you have learnt specifically in Jehovah witness that could not be learnt in Methodist Church?
What has illuminated your eye?

pls. answer.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by AriG(m): 4:11pm On Nov 20, 2013
i view jehovah witness people as those who preach the truth without adding anytin to please the hearer as our so called pentecostal pastors do. they preach it as it is written. they dont try to manipulate it or add to it. i LOVE them even though i am not part of them. the DEVIL make people to run away from them because he doesnt want them to know the truth.. their preaching is obedient and every other things will follow. not preaching of prosperity is mine!! financial bliss!!

4 Likes

Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by chiboy1928(m): 4:12pm On Nov 20, 2013
As for me I do recive them if they is a she among them and the she is perfectly ok front and back,good looks and I finish the job wit ma eyes then she drop her contact on the awake while she give it to me witout the other person wit her having any glimpse of wat jst transpire btw us dat jst called perfect finishing.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by WarHorse1(m): 4:13pm On Nov 20, 2013
maxdozie: Dia bibles are different from our own.. They said dia is no hell... Chai!!!... Etc 2much confusion... Would be sincere i lock my door when they knock...

What if they prove it with your bible that there is no hell, will you believe? In proving if hell exist or not, a Jehovah's witness will be too happy to use the King James version to prove is belief.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Lilimax(f): 4:14pm On Nov 20, 2013
Ozichim:

You don't have to listen to the Jehovah witness people if you don't know your bible.
Reason is that they will capitalize on your ignorant and confuse you with their crammed Bible passages.

Personally I don't avoid them at all; the Jehovah witness people try to avoid me.
As for me I don't have anything to discourse with manipulators. Jehovah witness people should not be called Christians, as they don't believe in Christ’s teaching, and most teaching of the New Testament.
Infarct Jehovah witness people could be more dangerous than Islam, even though they are the same.
Islam is clear on their stand, they are open to be against Christianity but Jehovah witness hinds amongst Christians but they are operating with the same spirit as Islam.
Any Christian that knew himself and what is happening should know that Jehovah witness are not to be called Christian group.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Lilimax(f): 4:16pm On Nov 20, 2013
Lilimax: I call them 'Ndi Uka akpa' grin (if you understands what I meant to say)
They preach heresy so to speak and argues a lot undecided

I don't like involving myself in arguements involving the Word of God
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by philfearon(m): 4:16pm On Nov 20, 2013
adsonstone:

Did I deny that those things were not taught?

By the way, I'm not a witness. It doesn't really bother if those things were was taught or not.

Witnesses here have explained what they taught in the past and the reasons/motives behind them which.
Then Why are you bothered if you are not one?
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 4:17pm On Nov 20, 2013
JMAN05:

You are just pointless. I dont know what you mean by Jesus came in 1914. is it visible or invisible? beware of allegation.

1935, I ve explained that to you. 1925, changed. We do not say we are infallible just like your pope.

Catholics have made wrong predictions too, even though they claim infallibility and inspiration.

All those things you mentioned above, are not now taught by the witnesses. I wonder how you do your refuting. Is it not this one I see in nairaland?
The kind of tins u jst said is what make pple die mysteriously, don't judge anoda persons belief u guys...
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by newpaparazzi(m): 4:20pm On Nov 20, 2013
hardbody: The reason is simple, Jesus said if they treated him like sh.it, so also will they treat his followers. For the truth seekers, if you find time to listen to them, they will answer all your question, citing your own bible. It appears to me that they are basically the only people that say it the way it is hence a lot of the other religous propagandists do not want to hear them telling them the gospel truth.

So so on point.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 4:21pm On Nov 20, 2013
adsonstone:

Italo, face the truth.

Has any witness visited you to teach you any of the above?
If they haven't, I think you don't need to bring up these things.

Its not different from when a non-catholic brings up some 'amazing facts' in the history of the catholic church and condemn you guys with that.
sighs* how can dey prophesise tins dey prophesied in the past to him now?
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 4:21pm On Nov 20, 2013
obadiah777: cuz they are wicked. they go around with tracts showing heaven and not one single black person is there. cheesy the ones i have encountered anyway
Nah, most races are present in recent publications. They make a point of it.

@OP. I am from a family that is half JW and half "Christendom". I go to meetings and attend church services. No real difference in the type of people found in both tbh; apart from the "sugar coating" most JW's will gloss over themselves.

To all those people engaging in debate with a JW, better you find another way to waste your time undecided.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by toniterry: 4:22pm On Nov 20, 2013
try69: They should go and preach in the places where the good news has not been heard, it's good for christianity. What more do they want to tell me that I don't know OK, this is what I know

Its obvious you are not a good Bible student.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by bfmconcepts: 4:23pm On Nov 20, 2013
If all Christians are addicted evangelist like these Jehovah witness, the gospel would have spread throughout the world.
Secondly, all their preaching have biblical backup. So, what are we saying?
Personally, I like them though am not a member. Their publication is educative and expository
Many Churches today are full of worldly activities, not committed to the great commission of spreading the gospel
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 4:25pm On Nov 20, 2013
Jehovah's witnesses are even worse than the 'regular' christian sects. The JWs ESSENTIALLY preach that the only way for a soul to transit to heaven is by becoming a Jehovah's Witness. That's like Deeper Life people claiming such exclusive quality for their sect. It's frankly ridiculous. I mean, it's bad enough christians as a whole claiming this ridiculous exclusivity for themselves, but when a sect within that same religion now narrows down a soul's salvation prospects to his observance of their own parochial interpretation of the same basic 'holy texts', you know there's a major problem. They are the most deluded of the lot, the JWs.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 4:26pm On Nov 20, 2013
loveroftruth: Your hypocrisy deceit and lies/hatred for the jw knows no bound.

You look for every oppurtunity to vomit your bile.

You cant nor have you been able to defend your beliefs as a catholic on this forum, but will ever post irrelevant things.

You will say that Jesus words that this "generation will not pass away" is a lie since JW preached it.

Bible chronologies to you are lies since JW preached it.

Does the catholic church still preach the inqusition today ? No, but they did just that in the past.

Between the inquisition and the bible chronology that the JW research into that has nothing to do with "Day and hour", which is more wicked and evil for a religiouse body ?

The greatest evil of all time has been commited by the catholic church, but the thing that blinds your eyes will not let you see those.

That you people(rcc) dont take the bible seriousely and hence dont research into it as to know that those calculations are in the bible, is it jw fault ?

Why not concentrate on your rcc and their man God (pope)
na wa for u o, he jst asked a simple question, pls what's the greatest evil dat was committed, even if I don't understand how catholic worship God, I cudnt be bodad cos dats deir business, same ggoes wit JW
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by MissLirusehn(f): 4:28pm On Nov 20, 2013
Me i like dem o
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Pee2k3: 4:29pm On Nov 20, 2013

JW ar carrying false gospel news. I hv spend several time wt dem and their masseges ar contradicting the Holy bible. their life styles ar filled wt pretence . they don't even believe in Jesus Christ as d saviour of d world. they ar all hypocrisies. stay away from them because they ar totally bad news. I am currently regretting marrying one of them.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 4:32pm On Nov 20, 2013
italo: I receive them well, even though I'm Catholic and they always demonize my faith.
This is, imo, the most appalling trait of a JW. I am weary of it.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by philfearon(m): 4:33pm On Nov 20, 2013
JMAN05:

Italo, be honest to yourself, have not shown you, even through our publications that we admit that this was a mistake/wrong expectation? have I not?

You guys were wasting ur time calculating crap,the real prophets of God dont calculate,they just prophesy,cuz its not their words...The thing here is: Your psycho founder,Russel,was looking for followership and Money too....What do u expect? Tell the people what they want to hear and feed their spiritual needs with spiritual lies....Its just like the words of Karl Marx re-echoing:"religion is the opium of the Masses"
Ever cared to read about ur founder at all and the circumstances surrounding it? Mumu followers!!
I have told you to prove our current teaching wrong
Past teaching=false....Present teaching=false......Your future teaching=False!! When will these register in that ur reprogrammed thick fishery-brain?

Didnt infallible catholic, predict that protestants will end before now?
When the likes of Jehovah Witness are the outcome of the Protestation,are they not finished already?
I dont hate you, but ask yourself: Am I really serving God the right way? It is your life sha.
You hardly post anything here without castigating people individually!! Smh!
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Dannylux: 4:34pm On Nov 20, 2013
I receive them well but not when I'm busy. I dismiss them politely.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by lastpage: 4:36pm On Nov 20, 2013
Okay, l am an "independent Observer" and can tell you some home truths about these issue at hand.
I am "independent" because "I am NOT a member of J.W sect" ..... but l am a Christian who has had at the minimum, 35 years of "study and association" with the Witnesses.
I have read and studied with them, every book they have published, from the toddler "My Book of Bible stories", to the most recent adult ones like Revelation...

My parents died as practicing J.W.s and l have brothers and sisters who are 'elders' amongst them as l write now.
All l am saying is I know them wella wella.

But as a "non-baptized" J.W, l also know other Sects very well as l have mixed/attended church services with them and examined their teachings and still do till date.

MY VERDICT:
Pros:
J.W's are one of the best Christian sects available. They preach the Bible with fervor, they are very stubborn and persistent when it comes to obeying the Bible injunction to "preach the Good News to all". Thats is probably why you abuse them today and they are back next week, like nothing happened.

"Majority of them are not into get-rich quick schemes that other churches practice, they dont scare you with "fire and brimstone-stone", just so they can pinch your pocket! grin They are the only sect that actual dedicate a large part of their time to under-studying God's word, the Bible (l guess that is why they would win any Biblical discuss since they know what they are talking about, most times.).

They preach House-to-House as the Bible commands. To some very large extent, they will excommunicate a "thieving Brother" very quickly, unlike other Pentecostal Churches and Catholics church where "Thieves and treasury Looters" are elevated and given High-Seat and Titles. They dont serve God by fear-mongering (Eternal hell fire, dont drink, e.t.c) but they have their own issues as you will see below.
They dont "erect special chair" for anyone (not even the most revered elder in the congregation) as anyone who has business of "delivering a lecture that day, is entitled to seat upfront close to the pulpit or anywhere for that matter. They preach and practice "Equality", as per that.

Hardly do you know where their "offering Box" is! They dont hammer "Money!! Money!! Money!!!" during their services but just 'encourage' you to do your offering in "one SINGLE SENTENCE" and no more (yet they are not broke! kiss )
Finally a no-brainer: They are the only Religious Organisation that dont use their "Church Service" to be a nuisance to the environment! You can live next door to their Kingdom Hall/Church but even though they use Amplifiers and Speakers, they would never turn it so high as to inconvenience you! .... unlike our other "cash-and-carry" churches and Mosques!

Cons: They are excessively arrogant, they think they are the only "chosen one" (reminds me of Jose Mourinho!).
They are unnecessarily rigid in their daily life and have "doctrines" which portray them as "followers of the letter of the law" (more like the law is an as.s some times!). For example, they say a woman should not wear Trouser but "abroad", l see their members wear same Trouser!
They get some "Biblical facts" very wrong! In their effort to prove superior, they "over-do" certain things (No Christmas is an example, but they forget that Jesus did not use Microphone and Amplifiers which they make use of in their Kingdom Worship hall, as of today!
They want to "copy verbatim", everything as was done by Jesus or his Apostles! ... though not a bad thing to attempt but we all know it is IMPRACTICAL.
At times, they tend to be snobbish and worst of all are those amongst them who have "limited knowledge" of the Bible.
They can be very controlling and busy-body. Some of their members are pretentious when it comes to "se*x"! grin grin
They'v made a lot of "gasp and clear misses" (outrightly wrong Predictions tongue ) in the past but as knowledge is increasing, l think they have adjusted and wont stick their neck out anymore (less we wringe it for them grin ).
Finally, they should respect my right to have a siesta on a cool evening! Knock just once, if there is no answer, dont start "dusting your feet" on my door or else thunder fire you! Just walk away and try another day! wink

In all, l will give them 80%. If they can work on their "negatives", l will not hesitate to refer to them as the "best Sect" that you can join, if not to be a member but at least to "expand your Knowledge of God's word in the Bible.

Lastpage!

BTW: Just my honest opinion and l speak from my own vast interactions with them, over time.
Now guys, dont turn this into a bashing exercise, just state what you like or dislike about them and move on.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by adonismuller(m): 4:37pm On Nov 20, 2013
Because they are the true religion, everybody is avoiding them cz devil is sing almost everybody
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by cconcept: 4:37pm On Nov 20, 2013
I remember a friend telling me he went to open the door in his unclothedness just to stop them from knocking on his door again grin
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by WarHorse1(m): 4:39pm On Nov 20, 2013
Pee2k3: JW ar carrying false gospel news. I hv spend several time wt dem and their masseges ar contradicting the Holy bible. their life styles ar filled wt pretence . they don't even believe in Jesus Christ as d saviour of d world. they ar all hypocrisies. stay away from them because they ar totally bad news. I am currently regretting marrying one of them.

It is very clear that you have never spent time with JW. Please answer the following questions

1. If Jehovah's witnesses don't believe in Jesus Christ, why do they preach Jesus as the King of God's Kingdom?

2. Why are they following Jesus command to preach from house to house and city to city?

3. Why do they preach God's Kingdom and paradise which Jesus preached?

4. Why do they preach resurrection? who will resurrect the dead? is it not Jesus?

5. Why do they celebrate the Memorial of Jesus death?

http://www.jw.org/en/

I beg, take am easy o. I dey greet you.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 4:39pm On Nov 20, 2013
I am a muslim & I think the JW are cool. I have every edition of Awake for the past 9 years,I find it highly interesting and educating
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 4:42pm On Nov 20, 2013
ROSSIKE: The JWs ESSENTIALLY preach that the [b]only way for a soul to transit to heaven is by becoming a Jehovah's Witness[/b].
Wrong. They don't believe in 'souls' and believe that only 144k people will ascend to heaven to assist Jesus in governing the earth (His kingdom).

JW's believe that anyone who hears the "truth" and doesn't abide will not inherit the paradise earth (JW's refer to their religion as "The Truth"wink. People who have not heard His word will have a chance during Judgement Day (here, 'day' equates to around 1000 years or something).
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by paschalndidi(m): 4:46pm On Nov 20, 2013
You that posted this could be one of those that dislike them. They preach what's in the bible and i listen to them. If they tend go to that area i dont like, i'll tell them. Even before they start, i will tell them that i m a catholic, so that they wouldnt say something about Mary, cross, saint because they dont believe in those things but catholics do
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 4:46pm On Nov 20, 2013
lastpage: Okay, l am an "independent Observer" and can tell you some home truths about these issue at hand.
I am "independent" because "I am NOT a member of J.W sect" ..... but l am a Christian who has had at the minimum, 35 years of "study and association" with the Witnesses.
I have read and studied with them, every book they have published, from the toddler "My Book of Bible stories", to the most recent adult ones like Revelation...

My parents died as practicing J.W.s and l have brothers and sisters who are 'elders' amongst them as l write now.
All l am saying is I know them wella wella.

But as a "non-baptized" J.W, l also know other Sects very well as l have mixed/attended church services with them and examined their teachings and still do till date.

MY VERDICT:
Pros:
J.W's are one of the best Christian sects available. They preach the Bible with fervor, they are very stubborn and persistent when it comes to obeying the Bible injunction to "preach the Good News to all". Thats is probably why you abuse them today and they are back next week, like nothing happened.

"Majority of them are not into get-rich quick schemes that other churches practice, they dont scare you with "fire and brimstone-stone", just so they can pinch your pocket! grin They are the only sect that actual dedicate a large part of their time to under-studying God's word, the Bible (l guess that is why they would win any Biblical discuss since they know what they are talking about, most times.).

They preach House-to-House as the Bible commands. To some very large extent, they will excommunicate a "thieving Brother" very quickly, unlike other Pentecostal Churches and Catholics church where "Thieves and treasury Looters" are elevated and given High-Seat and Titles. They dont serve God by fear-mongering (Eternal hell fire, dont drink, e.t.c) but they have their own issues as you will see below.
They dont "erect special chair" for anyone (not even the most revered elder in the congregation) as anyone who has business of "delivering a lecture that day, is entitled to seat upfront close to the pulpit or anywhere for that matter. They preach and practice "Equality", as per that.

Hardly do you know where their "offering Box" is! They dont hammer "Money!! Money!! Money!!!" during their services but just 'encourage' you to do your offering in "one SINGLE SENTENCE" and no more (yet they are not broke! kiss )
Finally a no-brainer: They are the only Religious Organisation that dont use their "Church Service" to be a nuisance to the environment! You can live next door to their Kingdom Hall/Church but even though they use Amplifiers and Speakers, they would never turn it so high as to inconvenience you! .... unlike our other "cash-and-carry" churches and Mosques!

Cons: They are excessively arrogant, they think they are the only "chosen one" (reminds me of Jose Mourinho!).
They are unnecessarily rigid in their daily life and have "doctrines" which portray them as "followers of the letter of the law" (more like the law is an as.s some times!). For example, they say a woman should not wear Trouser but "abroad", l see their members wear same Trouser!
They get some "Biblical facts" very wrong! In their effort to prove superior, they "over-do" certain things (No Christmas is an example, but they forget that Jesus did not use Microphone and Amplifiers which they make use of in their Kingdom Worship hall, as of today!
They want to "copy verbatim", everything as was done by Jesus or his Apostles! ... though not a bad thing to attempt but we all know it is IMPRACTICAL.
At times, they tend to be snobbish and worst of all are those amongst them who have "limited knowledge" of the Bible.
They can be very controlling and busy-body. Some of their members are pretentious when it comes to "se*x"! grin grin
They'v made a lot of "gasp and clear misses" (outrightly wrong Predictions tongue ) in the past but as knowledge is increasing, l think they have adjusted and wont stick their neck out anymore (less we wringe it for them grin ).
Finally, they should respect my right to have a siesta on a cool evening! Knock just once, if there is no answer, dont start "dusting your feet" on my door or else thunder fire you! Just walk away and try another day! wink

In all, l will give them 80%. If they can work on their "negatives", l will not hesitate to refer to them as the "best Sect" that you can join, if not to be a member but at least to "expand your Knowledge of God's word in the Bible.

Lastpage!

BTW: Just my honest opinion and l speak from my own vast interactions with them, over time.
Now guys, dont turn this into a bashing exercise, just state what you like or dislike about them and move on.
You knowwwww!!!!!!! OMG i could hug you! grin grin

*Orgasmic post right here!!!!!!*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Charley Boy Testifies Of His Salvation At Christ Embassy Abuja Today(Photos) / Ebuka Obi Zion Ministry Allegedly Buys Property Of Mountain Of Fire In Lagos / Pastor Victor Ajisafe Arrested In Sierra Leone Over Hate Speech Against Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.