Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,367 members, 7,920,402 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 06:15 AM

Scammers Introduced New Ways Of Email Scam - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Scammers Introduced New Ways Of Email Scam (882 Views)

Biblical Ways Of Developing Self-control / 7 Ways Of Defiling The Body (the Temple Of God) / How South American Native Tainos Were Introduced To The Light Of Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scammers Introduced New Ways Of Email Scam by sunday478(m): 12:22am On Nov 13, 2013
hello everyone, scammers have deviced a new way of email scamming.

I got this in my email:

Donation

My dear in Christ Jesus,

My name is Mrs.Harriet morrison from Texas USA. I lived in Africa for
many years and
now currently hospitalized in a private hospital here in Texas as a result
of brain
cancer.

My purpose of writing you is because I was led by the spirit of God to
offer you the
money that I have in my private account in Africa now that is clear that I’m
approaching the last days of my life.

I’m 86 year old and may not even need the money again for any thing. I’m
offering
you the sum of $2.5 million us dollars as a donation for the work of God and
charity.May the good Lord bless you for the work you are doing already and
may he
give you wisdom to continue it.

When I hear from you, I will direct you on how to receive the money.Please
pray that
God will accept my soul even if I die today.

Mrs.Harriet morrison.
Re: Scammers Introduced New Ways Of Email Scam by Nobody: 1:32am On Nov 13, 2013
Hahahahahahahahahah, same thing was also sent to my mail box,I knew it was scam,I replied her with this:::: Good morning miss, am sorry about the illness,may God almighty heal you in Jesus name Amen. After some days she sent this to me:

My Dear.
I’m in receipt of your mail below, your prayers for me is highly appreciated and I want to confirm
to you that i decided to offer this donation because I was directed by
the spirit of God to help people all over the world. My current
situation is bad and I will be undergoing a surgery in few days coming
according to my doctors hence i don’t know what is going to happen
during or after the operation. I am not allowed to meet or discuss with
anybody, I'm discrete about this donation. I got your email via random search in the internet
I lived and worked for
many years in Cote d'Ivoire and the sum is in my private account. Now reconfirm your
current address, telephone/fax numbers so that i will pass instruction
to my bank to transfer the sum to you for charity work in your country
hence I have chosen you as the custodian of this fund to use it to
affect the life of your people over there.
Please always pray for my situation
Harriet Morrison.

**They are just Jobless!! Their plans will always fail.
Re: Scammers Introduced New Ways Of Email Scam by justi4jesu(f): 3:50am On Nov 13, 2013
They never get tired..Well only fools and greedy people fall for this poo.h
Re: Scammers Introduced New Ways Of Email Scam by Joagbaje(m): 4:49am On Nov 13, 2013
MoonCares: [color=#770077] the sum is in my private account. Now reconfirm your
current address, telephone/fax numbers so that i will pass instruction
to my bank to transfer the sum to you for charity work in your country

So how will they scam the victim. Will they demand money or something. Because it seems they are the ones offering money here,
Re: Scammers Introduced New Ways Of Email Scam by justi4jesu(f): 8:40am On Nov 13, 2013
Joagbaje:

So how will they scam the victim. Will they demand money or something. Because it seems they are the ones offering money here,

They are very cunny, I think when you give them attention with frequent replies to their mails, then they feed you with the lies of sending you money and on the long run it would be the other way round..
Re: Scammers Introduced New Ways Of Email Scam by Joagbaje(m): 9:01am On Nov 13, 2013
justi4jesu:

They are very cunny, I think when you give them attention with frequent replies to their mails, then they feed you with the lies of sending you money and on the long run it would be the other way round..

That's where I'm interested in. How will the table turn around. Has anyone followed them through or played along to know this or it's just assumption
Re: Scammers Introduced New Ways Of Email Scam by justi4jesu(f): 9:04am On Nov 13, 2013
Joagbaje:

That's where I'm interested in. How will the table turn around. Has anyone followed them through or played along to know this or it's just assumption

Lol.. am also curious to know too.
Re: Scammers Introduced New Ways Of Email Scam by Nobody: 10:15am On Nov 13, 2013
Joagbaje:

They will later tell you that for the money to leave,you need to hire a lawyer to sign some random documents,they will give you the address of another scammer who will request around $200 and when you tell the other fool,she will tell you to pay that the surgery is near and the money is much(millions of dollars).

Fools will pay and thats first donation...they will tell you to pay via western union

After that,they will tell you that the bank manager needs a whooping sum of $1000,to sign and process everything,they will give you another contact and even if you price it down to any amount,they end up discharging you

You made their xmas great

1 Like

Re: Scammers Introduced New Ways Of Email Scam by nora544: 10:27am On Nov 13, 2013
chris_villa:

They will later tell you that for the money to leave,you need to hire a lawyer to sign some random documents,they will give you the address of another scammer who will request around $200 and when you tell the other fool,she will tell you to pay that the surgery is near and the money is much(millions of dollars).

Fools will pay and thats first donation...they will tell you to pay via western union

After that,they will tell you that the bank manager needs a whooping sum of $1000,to sign and process everything,they will give you another contact and even if you price it down to any amount,they end up discharging you

You made their xmas great

I know this letters we get it also here in europa and america but we work against this people and some of us play with them to waist there time.
Re: Scammers Introduced New Ways Of Email Scam by Nobody: 10:46am On Nov 13, 2013
nora544:

I know this letters we get it also here in europa and america but we work against this people and some of us play with them to waist there time.

Yea but most americans falls for charity and money likewise africans

(1) (Reply)

Chris Okotie Responds To Criticism::::::::::::::::::::::: / Android App For Ramadan(ramadan Companion) / How God Cures HIV/AIDS.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.