Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,215 members, 7,925,757 topics. Date: Monday, 19 August 2024 at 10:20 PM

Beware Of This And Similar Adverts - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Beware Of This And Similar Adverts (628 Views)

See Nigerians React As Toyota Set 2 Release Similar Wooden Car Built By Nigeria / Always Had The Notion That The 2013 Kia Cerato And 2013 Ford Focus Are Similar / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Beware Of This And Similar Adverts by Ehisod(m): 5:09pm On Nov 14, 2013
Hello guys,

I have been checking cars for sale online and in the course of checking have come across so many fraudulent "sellers" posting ads on various websites one example is posted here http://ikeja./tokunbo-2004-audi-a4-iid-553549934
I spoke to the guy he asked for my location which is around Ikeja, close to his advertised location and he promptly told me the car was at Seme ( most of those Badagry and Seme ads are fishy). He said he was willing to drive the car to my location so I can inspect it and pay, I asked if it will not be easier for both of us if he just sent me the VIN so I can do an independent check on the vehicle to be very sure before we can do inspection and purchase and he just flared up saying the VIN is confidential and that it is easier for him to bring the vehicle for me to check and so on and so forth. Anyway in the final analysis he hung up and is not picking up again.

So I am pleading with us all to avoid such guys, even the price of the vehicle is not too cheap which normally is a red flag in itself, go further by probing further. Some of us borrow here and there just to buy a car and end up getting swindled by one of these bastards. It's not fair at all. Cheers guys and shine your eyes.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Whats The Honda Used Parts Scene In Africa Like / Urgently Need Info On Buying Orobo Engine / Do You Know That You Can Assemble Your Own Supercar?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.