Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,281 members, 7,884,486 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 11:21 AM

Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? - Romance (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? (37009 Views)

5 Useless Behaviours Ladies Exhibit That Make Guys Run Away From Them / Reasons Why Many Nigerian Guys Run Away From Committed Relationships / Why Do Most Men Feel Insecured About Independent Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Prymestrr(m): 9:09pm On Nov 15, 2013
kulyie: it cant be of any gain,are you not an animal.what do animals know aside food and s3x,you too good night.

at 8.34 pm,the ode is already saying goodnight,obviously planning to sleep,why wont he be poorer than church rat and start feeling edgy around successful women.laziness!

Some people are working,reading and developing their intellect,researching and this one is planning to sleep.no worry,you will be rich when governour fashola becomes the governour of anambra state
kulyie: lmao,i am a gentle dove,infact as gentle as a dove except when some bush meat ignite the anger in me,i am very peaceful o,i no be fire fire,abeg smiley8-)
kulyie: ok,and your point is........?
My o my!... My dear u don try joor... I 4 pity dis fellaz if dey had bin so unfortunate 2 v met u in d day coz der self-esteem 4 dey close 2 zerooo after u must v dealth with der asses.
I do admire ur tenacity girl... Keep putting dem in der ryt places n neva shy away from a challenge.
#still dey fire dem sufri sufri sha#.
Loving ur dovelike gentle part as well *winks*

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by chefdoeuvre: 9:17pm On Nov 15, 2013
Pryme-st*rr:

Lol... Ok! Just try n be a swthrt n show dem d door out in a mild manner so dey won't v any open grounds 2 throw tantrums @ u.
Hate 2 see my 1s rival turned swt friend being attacked.,*winks*
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy bros ds lady strong o..u wey de rage lyk fire b4 c as dem pour u cold water sotay u bcum frnd... cheesy

Na joke o #noattackme#

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by emiye(m): 9:21pm On Nov 15, 2013
Babzilla:

DONT MIND THE DEMENTED BABOON
U ACT ALL ARROGANT AND DESPICABLE
AND UEXPECT PEOPLE TO BE ATTRACTED 2 U
U GOTTA BE A ROCKSTAR 2 PULL THAT OFF

Common, why call her that?
You dont know her background from adam, our past experience has a way of shaping our present and future values.

BTW, i might be wrong, what i can perceive about her is someone who has built a high and mighty wall of self defense for herself against men.

She also has a strong stereotype of men being opportunist. I also think people like her when they eventually fall in love with a man, they fall like an elephant.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by emiye(m): 9:28pm On Nov 15, 2013
kulyie: where did you see me cuddling dogs and cats cheesy orisirisi.

Anyway,i have heard (read)

I can picture you cuddling pets , abi i lie ni?
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Prymestrr(m): 9:28pm On Nov 15, 2013
chefd'oeuvre:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy bros ds lady strong o..u wey de rage lyk fire b4 c as dem pour u cold water sotay u bcum frnd... cheesy

Na joke o #noattackme#
Lol... Brosy eh!
D torii 2 long so e go hard make u understand am wella.
We v had some extremely ugly heated exchanges-she n I, but u should know wen 2 bail out wen u r supposed 2.
She's got her lyf 2 live n is completely free 2 choose her orientation without fear or favour so derz so lytl or no input i can make towards dt end... But 4 wat itz worth, i do think i understand wer she's coming from *i mean her point* so i see no need 2 stick 2 rivalry wen d air is quite condusive 4 peaceful co-existence
NO LOVE LOST afterall.
#lyf is all about learning while living#
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by iAMsuccess(m): 9:34pm On Nov 15, 2013
tobezekiel: Cos guys think successful ladies tend to have attitude ish...
in addition,i was in dat shoes yrs ago, my ppl,it was hell,i mean i did house chores (including cooking),even when i got a new job,4 d first month i begged 4 transit nd feeding cuz my situation then was critical,bt after sm months i had 2 move out of d apartment,cuz i cldnt take it any more.... Dat has brought me 2 a conclussion of neva to go be wiv a woman of higher status compared to mine
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Prymestrr(m): 9:38pm On Nov 15, 2013
iAMsuccess: in addition,i was in dat shoes yrs ago, my ppl,it was hell,i mean i did house chores (including cooking),even when i got a new job,4 d first month i begged 4 transit nd feeding cuz my situation then was critical,bt after sm months i had 2 move out of d apartment,cuz i cldnt take it any more.... Dat has brought me 2 a conclussion of neva to go be wiv a woman of higher status compared to mine
Loooooooooooolll!
*singing in swahili soprano*
1s beaten... Twice shyyyyyyy
Constantly beaten... Eternally shyyyyy
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by MrRogers: 9:52pm On Nov 15, 2013
jmoore: I have no problem with independent women.

If she is not independent before I meet her. She must learn the act of financial independence by fire by force before we marry.

The major reason why most prefer to marry or date women who are financially below them is to boost their egos.The man wants a woman that will constantly stroke his ego to reassure him he is needed and a decision-maker so he doesn’t feel emasculated.

on point bro
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Kingskid20(m): 10:10pm On Nov 15, 2013
Cos any little misunderstandin wil result to insult on de man.secondly if dey divorce de woman has noting to loose.thirdly de man wil not receive de amount of respects he wants from his wife yea de woman wil be too egoism
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by iahmed(m): 11:14pm On Nov 15, 2013
kulyie: 1.Ego will never let me
2.i cannot stand any man telling me what to do,where to go,what to wear,when not to go out,when not to party, who to talk to,who not to talk to,infact,i cant take it.
3.two egoistic people cannot live under the same roof.
4. i cannot give up my independence for nada
5. After studying the regemented lifestyle of many african married women,e.g wake up as early as 4am,tidy the house,cook for mr husband,get the kids ready for school,prepare for work,come back home, take the kids back from school,prepare supper for mr husband,wash etc,i cannot live such a life.i refuse to let circumstances dictate the kind of life i live especially when such sacrificial life might be appreciated or might not even be appreciated
6.mrs wife always comes last in the list of priority in many marriages
7.i dont have to be distracted by any man did this and that nonsense,inlaw craps etc
8.no need hoping,wishing or praying no one cheats etc
9.share my salary with nobody except the people i choose to
10. Live my life for nobody since no one is looking up to me or waiting for me to do this and that for him.
u should forever remain single.
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 12:34am On Nov 16, 2013
iahmed: u should forever remain single.
OR BETTER YET SHE SHOULD LIVE ON AN ISLAND ALONE
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Gamboh55(m): 1:37am On Nov 16, 2013
Pryme-st*rr:

Sympathy Who would be so stupid as 2 sympathize with u?... After all d repugnant rubbish u v bin spewing on dis thread
Serious minded fellaz *men or women* do not invest der precious tym in peeps lyk u cos u r d perfect example of BAD INVESTMENT... #in my own words# DISASTROUS INVESTMENT!

Bad to d core..smh
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Contactman(m): 1:38am On Nov 16, 2013
[b][/b][i][/i]
[quote author=kulyie]1.Ego will never let me
2.i cannot stand any man telling me what to do,where to go,what to wear,when not to go out,when not to party, who to talk to,who not to talk to,infact,i cant take it.
3.two egoistic people cannot live under the same roof.
4. i cannot give up my independence for nada
5. After studying the regemented lifestyle of many african married women,e.g wake up as early as 4am,tidy the house,cook for mr husband,get the kids ready for school,prepare for work,come back home, take the kids back from school,prepare supper for mr husband,wash etc,i cannot live such a life.i refuse to let circumstances dictate the kind of life i live especially when such sacrificial life mi ght be app then am very sure u are single and if u dont fine tune yourself u may end up so.
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 1:51am On Nov 16, 2013
kulyie: she is where your great grand parents have never been before

Madam Kulyie don sleep, abi she don go her witch meeting? grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Contactman(m): 2:01am On Nov 16, 2013
Am sure soon,people like you will start going to night vigils and prayer houses in search of husband when they discover that remaining single is no longer as trendy as you have been decieved to believe. My dear be wise,no woman had ever been happy remaining single. All na pretence.
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 7:24am On Nov 16, 2013
Contactman: Am sure soon,people like you will start going to night vigils and prayer houses in search of husband when they discover that remaining single is no longer as trendy as you have been decieved to believe. My dear be wise,no woman had ever been happy remaining single. All na pretence.
let that be my buisness.see painment o grin
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 7:25am On Nov 16, 2013
Contactman: [b][/b][i][/i]
i am,thank you
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 7:27am On Nov 16, 2013
Babzilla:
OR BETTER YET SHE SHOULD LIVE ON AN ISLAND ALONE
while you need to move to the cave.see as body dey pepper you for another person matter grin

pele,no worry,e go better grin
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by mrfabezike(m): 7:32am On Nov 16, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]Because they go angry easily...
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by lanrefront1(m): 7:34am On Nov 16, 2013
dabossman: I think some of these financially successful ladies need to maybe change or broaden their circle of friends.

I noticed a trend recently which sort of formed this opinion. I realized that a number of financially independent ladies who finally got married after waiting almost endlessly, got married to guys they knew from many years before; probably in secondary school or university, or in the neighbourhood they grew up in. These are guys who knew them before they started earning the fat salaries. Guys who know their true person and not some perceived diva status. In some cases, even when the guy is obviously earning less than they are, it didn't pose a problem because the guy knows where they are coming from and appreciates and respects the fact that they've made something positive of their lives over time. The really key in these cases being accessibility because there was an existing relationship.

So maybe these ladies need to get outside of their usual circle of friends who hangout at only the poshest of locations and mingle more with people who are not necessarily in your "social status". Let these people get to know the real you. It won't de-rep you or cheapen you.

This also applies to guys who say there are no good girls out there. There are, you are just not searching in the right crowd.

My guy, your post makes a lot of sense. Infact, too much sense.
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Arsenate(m): 7:40am On Nov 16, 2013
grin grin on a serious note though, i strongly believe this kulyie of lady works for Seun. I mean who spends the whole day replying every single post on the internet? undecided . Kulyie I put it to you that you are either a nairaland worker or your life must really be miserable embarassed tongue

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 7:45am On Nov 16, 2013
Arsenate: grin grin on a serious note though, i strongly believe this kulyie of lady works for Seun. I mean who spends the whole day replying every single post on the internet? undecided . Kulyie I put it to you that you are either a nairaland worker or your life must really be miserable embarassed tongue
your opinion

which you are entiltled to anyway
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 7:50am On Nov 16, 2013
Pryme-st*rr:

Lol... Brosy eh!
D torii 2 long so e go hard make u understand am wella.
We v had some extremely ugly heated exchanges-she n I, but u should know wen 2 bail out wen u r supposed 2.
She's got her lyf 2 live n is completely free 2 choose her orientation without fear or favour so derz so lytl or no input i can make towards dt end... But 4 wat itz worth, i do think i understand wer she's coming from *i mean her point* so i see no need 2 stick 2 rivalry wen d air is quite condusive 4 peaceful co-existence
NO LOVE LOST afterall.
#lyf is all about learning while living#
abi o.thats nigerians for you.

If you dont agree with their school of thoght,they start personality attacks and act as if they are the only ones that know how to hurl insults.

Like she has said,i am equally here to learn new things and broaden my horizon except for some few bush meats that throw useless tantrums
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 7:55am On Nov 16, 2013
emiye:

I can picture you cuddling pets , abi i lie ni?
in your dreams.

The elders say,it is what you are capable of doing when there are no eyes around you that you think others are doing

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Upcoming Wedding Palava / Why Are Young Girls Rushing To Marry Lately? / Typical Conversation Among Ladies & Guys : True or False?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.