Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,292 members, 7,943,654 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 09:00 PM

Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? - Romance (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? (37152 Views)

5 Useless Behaviours Ladies Exhibit That Make Guys Run Away From Them / Reasons Why Many Nigerian Guys Run Away From Committed Relationships / Why Do Most Men Feel Insecured About Independent Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Nov 15, 2013
rhowly:

You know you really don't need to respond to every dart thrown in your direction? If all you say bout yourself is true, your "quick fingers" have failed to lend credence to your status as a biz exec or director etc Several people of varying ages on this faceless forum. You just might be arguing with a kid or someone as young as your youngest sibling. That said, an overview or introspection into African societies almost never causes one to arrive at your "radical" stance. I'd opt for experience (no offence intended). But know this we aren't all the same. I'm a young professional as well, successful by the standards of the world and totally unafraid of that in a female. If she makes more money, all the better. Certainly can't have too much. But often enough arrogance is a bed fellow to success. Not limited to females but it's easier to spot. Why? Because we naturally expect different and humility in a female is absolutely sublime and a trait to cherish. Nevertheless an emotionally secure man is the perfect antidote for a successful and arrogant woman and yes, they can be decent wives/mothers. It'd be nice to meet you, I honestly don't think you're half as aggressive in person wink
nope,i am not aggresive,my personality stays with me but my attitude depends on individuals.there are some individuals i am very mild,soft and feminine with and there are some groups of people,especially some categories of men i have to be aggressive,sometimes arrogant and assertive with.depends on the approach you give me or bring my way smiley
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Malakh: 7:04pm On Nov 15, 2013
tensor777:

Yes a very good question? Why would a real man run from a successful woman? It just doesn't make sense. If its attitiude then the man can work on it if he is serious.
However such a man shold not marry a hustler or runz girl. Such ladies hardly ever change.
he can't do nothing about it except there's a divine intervention who will cast that spirit of rebellion from her, my book says who can make what is crooked straight? Nobody.... leopards dont change their spots, they'll pretend to change but it'll manifest one way or the other
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Nov 15, 2013
Pryme-st*rr:

Hahahahahahahahahaha!
Ahaaa... Now we r talking, but wait o... R u urhobo??... All dis while i took u 4 an ijebu babe.
hahahahahahaha urhobo or ijebu ke? Areeeyyyyy grin Kide? gringrin what can far.lmao,i am neither of the above o!! I just have a couple of ijebu friends,so when they speak their ijebu,i pick some few words or lines in ijebu but i am not,as for urhobo,i dont even understand a thing in it cheesy
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by rhames(m): 7:18pm On Nov 15, 2013
What a lot of people dont understand about these career women is that they are the easiest set of people to manage anywhere in the world. The qualifications or experience may be intimidating, but only if the woman is of good character. Professional women like people of sound thinking around them all the time and not people who will take their career away from them. We men in Africa have an attitude/culture problem with women of stature: we are afraid of them and will not like them as spouses.There is basically nothing wrong with the career women. Just like every man, they want sound minds around them.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Prymestrr(m): 7:22pm On Nov 15, 2013
kulyie: hahahahahahaha urhobo or ijebu ke? Areeeyyyyy grin Kide? gringrin what can far.lmao,i am neither of the above o!! I just have a couple of ijebu friends,so when they speak their ijebu,i pick some few words or lines in ijebu but i am not,as for urhobo,i dont even understand a thing in it cheesy
Hahahahahahahahahaha
Hmmmmmm... Girl u be 1 strange lass o! I'm really hyping u sha.
Hope 2 see more of ur fire in n around NL.
#cheers#
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by EziAsh: 7:24pm On Nov 15, 2013
I would say personally men do not have a problem with a woman success in so far as she keeps cleaning,taking care of the children,bringing money and handing it over to him let him have sex when ever they want. Immediately they think that she may not do all this they keep away.
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Nov 15, 2013
Pryme-st*rr:

Hahahahahahahahahaha
Hmmmmmm... Girl u be 1 strange lass o! I'm really hyping u sha.
Hope 2 see more of ur fire in n around NL.
#cheers#
lmao,i am a gentle dove,infact as gentle as a dove except when some bush meat ignite the anger in me,i am very peaceful o,i no be fire fire,abeg smiley8-)
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Nov 15, 2013
kulyie: when i say you are mentally underdeveloped,you will start your blind arguement or ranting.who have you seen or heard of that developed high bp because of typing.

You may need to visit your books.people have high blood pressure because of anxiety,accumulated fear,wrong diet,lack of exercise etc and not from typing on nl,so tell me who the 'BOZO' is.

As for the abandonment part,thats good to hear,so why dont you finish your cock and bull tale and include your source(s) by the way,you may need to visit all these soft sell magazines like encomium,hints etc to sell your story,maybe they will give you small change or better still visit wale adenuga productions and turn the tale into a script.

Shiooooorrrrr
whao! Nice write up(Claps):.. LOL. So you know how to diss out invectives as these? I hope you are this bold in real life. You will go far but not too far before you FDD. Relax, I'm not mentally naive as you wrote just a bit brainy, I picked holes in what you wrote about yourself and not what I made up about you.But its good you make friends and not enemies on such a forum this.I respect your opinion as your Opinion-I take nothing away from that but it doesn't change anything about you nay myself.Besides, a scholar does not make noise, only empty barrels do.
kulyie: lmao,i am a gentle dove,infact as gentle as a dove except when some bush meat ignite the anger in me,i am very peaceful o,i no be fire ire,abeg smiley8-)
Ayoolla: whao! Nice write up(Claps):.. LOL. So you know how to diss out invectives as these? I hope you are this bold in real life. You will go far but not too far before you FDD. Relax, I'm not mentally naive as you wrote just a bit brainy, I picked holes in what you wrote about yourself and not what I made up about you.But its good you make friends and not enemies on such a forum as this.I respect your opinion as your Opinion-I take nothing away from that but it doesn't change anything about you nay myself.Besides, a scholar does not make noise, only empty barrels do.
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Nov 15, 2013
Ayoolla: whao! Nice write up(Claps):.. LOL. So you know how to diss out invectives as these? I hope you are this bold in real life. You will go far but not too far before you FDD. Relax, I'm not mentally naive as you wrote just a bit brainy, I picked holes in what you wrote about yourself and not what I made up about you.But its good you make friends and not enemies on such a forum this.I respect your opinion as your Opinion-I take nothing away from that but it doesn't change anything about you nay myself.Besides, a scholar does not make noise, only empty barrels do.
ok,and your point is........?
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by eROCK247(m): 7:49pm On Nov 15, 2013
wasak:

1. they are not confident, they are arrogant, I may have to say this. there was a time my pops went broke and mom was d 1 feeding d family, she maintained the fact that she was in control and till date she cares to tell whoever is ready to listen (She's a good person but She's still a woman)
there are several other situations I've personally witnessed.
2. No one restricts a lady from buying things for herself, the only problem is when she starts buying for the. man, when she starts feeding the home, I tell u, any man in such a situation will turn houseboy unless he knows how to play his card with women. a man may feed. his wife. for. 10 years without having to mention it to a third party, but if. a woman does Same for a day, all her friends would know!!!
3. it's a general thing for women to Look down on people below. them in social status, the beautiful ones Look down on the less beautiful, the wealthy ones Look down on the average ones, the intelligent ones look down on the less intelligent! y do u think most women want to appear flashy? it's not necessarily to attract men, in most cases they do so to diss their fellow women....
as a man... I know my Bleep.ing onions, once beaten, shy till eternity!!!
if u c a humble woman praise her parents...
most sensible post so far!
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Nov 15, 2013
Knowledge9000:

Ugly bit$ch, let's see your face. This is what men today have got to put up with because of modern feminism...every woman, including the ugly ones can demand and make silly requirements because she has something between her legs. I can assure you guys that this girl is not attractive...trust me she is not!

Have you all observe that this "Strong Independent Successful woman" syndrome is only used by black women? It's a euphemism for single black women who are lacking in the beauty department, have attitude( like we see with the comment above) and can't find or keep a man. They will tell you...men are intimidated by me. Nonsense...how can a MAN be intimated by a woman? Except he is not a man. Maybe he is ashamed that he doesn't meet your standard but NEVER intimidated.

I am going to cmment as though she were an ugly whatever you called her! Meanwhile smh

I think it is a beautiful thing that an ugly babe can have a choice of being single these days...she can go on vacations, spend her money, adopt a child, etc...if especially lucky she can have a few male friends who dont judge her choices and take care of her, like her for her

(Meanwhile, she may be single cos no one wants her ugly whatever face, lol)

Imagine being ugly, with an inferiority complex about not having a guy, and being poor to boot! Why such a woman would be suicidal or something!

So in my opinion ugly, successful and confident rocks here, cos here is one person who has refused to let her lack of "looks" define her!

Or you want her permanently cowed- ugly, poor and begging men to want her? This for some reason makes you stronger?

I think you said the ugly thing here, and it saddens me more that people liked your post....cos frankly, your post reeks of hate and a form of complex, I dunno which now!

(I see the point in being ugly and yet being confident enough to say, "marriage would enslave me too, none of that"... You should be proud of this confidence and not hate, lol)

If you dont say or at least feel sorry about your nonsense post (imo)...then you really need help!
Mxm!!!
Btw, you will NOT see this face, so deal with it

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by rhowly(m): 7:55pm On Nov 15, 2013
kulyie: nope,i am not aggresive,my personality stays with me but my attitude depends on individuals.there are some individuals i am very mild,soft and feminine with and there are some groups of people,especially some categories of men i have to be aggressive,sometimes arrogant and assertive with.depends on the approach you give me or bring my way smiley
Obviously...still it does speak a lot about your maturity if you understand every dart doesn't require another. But then again maybe it just me. Cheers
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Victosin09(f): 8:12pm On Nov 15, 2013
godjohnson: Duhh
I am sure you know that arguing with an imbecilic and retarde.d person as yourself is of no gain to me, the only thing i have gained from conversing with you is discovering a level of stupidity that i believed only existed in animals.
Since you have a profound desire to continue this conversation i'd advice that you return to my initial post because you skipped the main reason for my post and only responded to the last part. Even if you have a 200Mhz single core processor as a brain you should know that you don't speak without having a point.

Goodnight dear
Rightly said sir....our feminist is 'wonderful'

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by cnsprince(m): 8:21pm On Nov 15, 2013
Financially independent women tend to lord it over their less well-to-do men-friends. Men love to be in-charge. So, anything on the contrary leads to break-up.
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by EMEzzy(m): 8:27pm On Nov 15, 2013
wogor@paradise:
thats a fat lie tell them to put their ego in their pocket n see if they wont get suitors.
you are getting me wrong read well before commenting I meant men have ego not women..
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Nov 15, 2013
rhowly:
Obviously...still it does speak a lot about your maturity if you understand every dart doesn't require another. But then again maybe it just me. Cheers
well,maybe smiley
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by kgr8mike(m): 8:44pm On Nov 15, 2013
It is better to dwell in a corner of the housetop, than with a brawling woman in a wide house. It is better to dwell in the wilderness, than with a contentious and an angry woman = Proverbs 21:9 & 19

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by emiye(m): 8:50pm On Nov 15, 2013
@OP The fear of not getting respect and submission from the rich lady.
The value a woman attaches to " care " from her spouse is the same a man attaches to "respect and submission" from his spouse.

@kulyie, you need a good man,
Loneliness has a way of creeping strongly in to ones life as you get firmly rooted careerwise, abi for how long will you continue to cuddle Dogs and cats ? Be subtle a little, and that man will come , who you will handover your ego to for keeps.
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Nov 15, 2013
ogugua88:

You haven't met all women. You can't judge them all because of one or two instances. It's all perception.

1. There's a thin line between confidence and arrogance.
2. There's nothing wrong with a woman spending on a man.
3. It's not a general thing for women to look down on others. Not all of them.
4. It's not good to generalize.

BELIEVE ME I HAVE DATED BOTH THE ARROGANT AND THE CONFIDENT
ALL WORKING LADIES WHO R COMFORTABLE (I WONT TERM THEM SUCCESSFUL SHA )
HONESTLY ITS NO ACCIDENT WHEN U SEE A WORKING WOMAN WHO IS SINGLE
IF SHE IS NICE I SWEAR WHY WONT MEN WANT TO MARRY SUCH
ONLY A MAD MAN WILL SEE GOOD THING AND IGNORE
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by plaetton: 8:52pm On Nov 15, 2013
ogugua88: Women who are successful and financially independent intimidate some men for at least a few reasons:

1. They're confident, which can sometimes be interpreted as arrogance.
2. They have their own money and can buy their own things, support themselves, etc.
3. They can make a man feel inferior or inadequate, due to reasons given in point 2.

Men, particularly African men, are raised thinking that they are to be the provider; sole more than likely. Gender stereotyping is still rampant. A woman is to cook and clean; a man is to work. A woman who can do what a man can do renders a man useless.

A lot of men have egos, even if they won't admit it in front of women. In all honesty, however, there are some independent women out there who behave like they have both an egg and sperm. I, personally, think men should be more open to independent women as they've got a lot to offer. They're fierce, bold, and can be your rock in tough times. Meanwhile, independent women should be the go-getters that they are and still be womanly. Make a man feel like the man he is; you don't have to do all and be all because you're successful. No one likes a woman with an attitude, regardless of her wealth, fame, beauty, or whichever assets she may have.

Yes, It has a lot to do with the male ego.
But the male ego is not an aberration. It is a natural part of being a male.

All the qualities that drive these women to success are hardly the qualities that men look for in a life-long companion. This is particularly true in Non-Western societies, and also to some degree in western societies. The difference is that in Western societies, some men opt to play second fiddle until they get fed up and then bolt for a more feminine companion.

So, whether traditional or western society, men still prefer femininity to the aggressive , hard-driving and career-driven women. The African man would rather avoid casting his life-long lot with this type of woman, whereas, the western man would do so, but keeps a feminine and submissive mistress, or makes a break for divorce after only a short period of time.

Such a woman might be fun, dynamic, and a go-getter, but would hardly fit the domestic profile of the average African man.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Jman06(m): 8:54pm On Nov 15, 2013
One major problem career ladies have in Nigeria is that they always want to date up i.e they seek men who are higher in financial status than them,but in most cases 99.9% of such men are already taken by runs babes and younger girls who are usually ready to submit to the man.So the career lady joins in the competition for the few available rich men,unfortunately most times she loses out to younger girls during the dating game because age is always not in her favor and she is too 'wise' to submit to the man.Another factor is that Nigerian career ladies always consider the not so rich or struggling guy who is making passes at them as gold diggers who is only interested in their monies,even when the guy is genuinely in love with them.So she treats him with so much arrogance and disdain( i.e If at all she gives him a chance) that the guy would have no option than to run for dear life.Any career lady who's humble is an invaluable gift from God and any man who is lucky to find such should grab her with both hands.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Nov 15, 2013
milychocs:

I am going to cmment as though she were an ugly whatever you called her! Meanwhile smh

I think it is a beautiful thing that an ugly babe can have a choice of being single these days...she can go on vacations, spend her money, adopt a child, etc...if especially lucky she can have a few male friends who dont judge her choices and take care of her, like her for her

(Meanwhile, she may be single cos no one wants her ugly whatever face, lol)

Imagine being ugly, with an inferiority complex about not having a guy, and being poor to boot! Why such a woman would be suicidal or something!

So in my opinion ugly, successful and confident rocks here, cos here is one person who has refused to let her lack of "looks" define her!

Or you want her permanently cowed- ugly, poor and begging men to want her? This for some reason makes you stronger?

I think you said the ugly thing here, and it saddens me more that people liked your post....cos frankly, your post reeks of hate and a form of complex, I dunno which now!

(I see the point in being ugly and yet being confident enough to say, "marriage would enslave me too, none of that"... You should be proud of this confidence and not hate, lol)

If you dont say or at least feel sorry about your nonsense post (imo)...then you really need help!
Mxm!!!
Btw, you will NOT see this face, so deal with it
abi o.moreover the elders say beauty is in the EYES OF THE BEHOLDER,so na him know wetin e dey see grin
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by temi4fash(m): 9:02pm On Nov 15, 2013
kulyie: 1.Ego will never let me
2.i cannot stand any man telling me what to do,where to go,what to wear,when not to go out,when not to party, who to talk to,who not to talk to,infact,i cant take it.
3.two egoistic people cannot live under the same roof.
4. i cannot give up my independence for nada
5. After studying the regemented lifestyle of many african married women,e.g wake up as early as 4am,tidy the house,cook for mr husband,get the kids ready for school,prepare for work,come back home, take the kids back from school,prepare supper for mr husband,wash etc,i cannot live such a life.i refuse to let circumstances dictate the kind of life i live especially when such sacrificial life might be appreciated or might not even be appreciated
6.mrs wife always comes last in the list of priority in many marriages
7.i dont have to be distracted by any man did this and that nonsense,inlaw craps etc
8.no need hoping,wishing or praying no one cheats etc
9.share my salary with nobody except the people i choose to
10. Live my life for nobody since no one is looking up to me or waiting for me to do this and that for him.

are u sure u ready to get married?

from dis ur post it seems to me you have a very bad mentality abt marriage...
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by MEILYN(m): 9:04pm On Nov 15, 2013
hehehe grin grin, na those kind women i dey find gan gan...
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Nov 15, 2013
emiye: @OP The fear of not getting respect and submission from the rich lady.
The value a woman attaches to " care " from her spouse is the same a man attaches to "respect and submission" from his spouse.

@kulyie, you need a good man,
Loneliness has a way of creeping strongly in to ones life as you get firmly rooted careerwise, abi for how long will you continue to cuddle Dogs and cats ? Be subtle a little, and that man will come , who you will handover your ego to for keeps.
where did you see me cuddling dogs and cats cheesy orisirisi.

Anyway,i have heard (read)
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Nov 15, 2013
temi4fash:

are u sure u ready to get married?

from dis ur post it seems to me you have a very bad mentality abt marriage...
for the first question,NO,as for the second

whatever your opinion is.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

When You Break A Guy's Heart (pic) / What Was The Most Embarrassing Thing You Did In A Relationship? / Men: How Do You Handle An Aggressive Woman?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.