Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,385 members, 7,910,952 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 09:08 PM

Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) (47469 Views)

Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State / Imo To Unveil The Tallest Statue Of Jesus Christ In Africa (Photo) / 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Nobody: 12:59pm On Nov 17, 2013
Proffdada:
Of cuz there's a God,except u r a product of accidental discharge from ur father

so u admit to being created by a vengeful insecure god. humanity evolved from africa,not isreal
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Nobody: 1:01pm On Nov 17, 2013
italo:

Your opinion.

And your opinion matters not to believers.

yes it doesn't matter to people who lack thinking abilities. God is simply for idiots

1 Like

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Nobody: 1:03pm On Nov 17, 2013
only a fool believes there's an invisible man in the sky who likes to watch you while you’re showering.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Proffdada: 1:04pm On Nov 17, 2013
ifeness:

so u admit to being created by a vengeful insecure god. humanity evolved from africa,not isreal
God is not vengeful, but Satan likes twisting faiths till nothing is left to hope for ,ur case is an example

1 Like

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Nobody: 1:06pm On Nov 17, 2013
Proffdada:
God is not vengeful, but Satan likes twisting faiths till nothing is left to hope for ,ur case is an example

tell me how many wars satan has created? compair it to ur bible dummy god,then tell me who the evil one is!

1 Like

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by italo: 1:06pm On Nov 17, 2013
Even these mean nothing. After all, many believers would also say you are foolish and an I.diot.

ifeness: only a fool believes there's an invisible man in the sky who likes to watch you while you’re showering.
ifeness:

yes it doesn't matter to people who lack thinking abilities. God is simply for idiots

1 Like

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Nobody: 1:08pm On Nov 17, 2013
italo: Even these mean nothing. After all, many believers would also say you are foolish and an I.diot.

only an idiott will belive an arab man died for the sins of the whole world. You forgot the dumbest of all the biblical stories. Noah’s Ark. Consider for a moment the point of view that the kangaroo’s must have had during this epic and stupid story.
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by lilkech(m): 1:12pm On Nov 17, 2013
The Catholic church is the largest and oldest christian organization in the world. They are the originators of christianity as we all know it today. Their beliefs and doctrines stretch across every single corner of the whole world.

Catholics believe in the HOLY TRINITY, this makes God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit into one and the same entity.

If you're a Christian but beef the doctrine of the Catholic Church, then you are just being rude to your "OGA AT THE TOP", only the religion of Islam can rival catholics. All other churches and religions are mediocre

3 Likes

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Nobody: 1:13pm On Nov 17, 2013
Danhumprey: This is just funny! grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin cheesy grin grin grin
Not funny bro

#TeamGOM
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by heykims(m): 1:15pm On Nov 17, 2013
GeneralShepherd: Jesus decides to allow 5000 people to die,just for a chance to preserve His statue!! Praise be to our all loving God

Well I doubt the veracity of your claims though
chief, no mind the funny dude, I wonder ow they even got to erect d stature of a being whom they don't know how he looked. I always laugh wen I see acclaimed pictures of Jesus around.
Besides d pic I saw here is different from d Jesuses I'd been seeing.
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Proffdada: 1:16pm On Nov 17, 2013
ifeness:

tell me how many wars satan has created? compair it to ur bible dummy god,then tell me who the evil one is!
truly ur lack of wisdom has doomed u for u to comprehend d truth. God is love,all-powerful,kind n constant. Once u drift away from Him u suffer d consequences.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by ismokeweed1(f): 1:17pm On Nov 17, 2013
ifeness: only a fool believes there's an invisible man in the sky who likes to watch you while you’re showering.

Don't you believe you have a BODY, SPIRIT & SOUL?
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Nobody: 1:19pm On Nov 17, 2013
collins Jn:

Pls Which State 're U 4rm. + Ur Home Town ( Village ) Pls.
I'm from Imo state. Oguta LGA

#TeamGOM
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by cutieemperor007: 1:20pm On Nov 17, 2013
italo:

Oh Good! So you believe Isaiah.

Let us read Isaiah 9:6 then...

For a CHILD IS BORN to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace.

You see that Mary is the Mother of God?

Or you still want to argue?

if the bibble is correct, then jesus can not be GOD
LET HEAR FROM THE BIBBLE:

(1) JESUS ENCOUNTER WITH DEVIL IN THE BIBBLE

Mathew1:7 "it is written again, thou shalt not tempt the Lord, thy God"
In this chapter we read that the devil actually carried the mesiah and took him from place to place. How can the devil carry GOD, HE is above such blasphemy, then the devil ordered him to postrate before him and worship him, even tempted him with worldly possessions, how can the devil even dare such audacity with GOD who created not just the world and everything in it but also the heavens and all it angels and demons including Satan himself....
(2) JESUS TALKED ABOUT A SUPREME BEING IN HEAVEN WHO IS GREATER THAN HIMSELF
Mathew 5:45 "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your father which is in heaven is perfect
Mathew 6:1 "otherwise ye have no reward of your father which is in heaven"
Mathew 7:21 " Not every one that sayeth unto me (JESUS), LORD, LORD, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven: but he that doeth the will of my father, which is in heaven
(3) JESUS WORSHIP GOD AND PRAY TO GOD
Mathew 14:23 "And when he had sent the multitudes away, he went up into a montain apart to pray.....
I say: if Jesus is God or a part of GOD then why did he pray and who is he praying to, or is there someone more supreme than GOD? Infact, prayer is always from a submitting, needy and dependent one for the mercy of GOD. This also bring to mind the night before the cruxification of Jesus christ, he took his followers to the montain and ask them to pray to GOD....
John 20:16 "Jesus said unto her, Mary, she turn herself, and sayeth unto him, "Rabboni", which is to say master, Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; For I am not yet ascended to my father; but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my father and your father; and to my GOD and your GOD ......In the above verse Jesus clearly distinguish between himself and GOD.
Mathew 27:46 "Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, 'Eli, Eli, Iama sabachthani? (that is to say,) my GOD, my GOD, why hast thou forsaken me?...
Mathew 26:39 "And he (Jesus) went a little farther and fell on his face and prayed, saying, 'O my father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt...Jesus plead with GOD to make the cup pass over him but if what is happening to him is the will of GOD then the will of GOD should prevail, these goes to show us that Jesus not only didn't know the will of GOD but was also submissive to the will of GOD as a true worshipper of GOD should.
Mathew 23:8 "But be not ye called rabbi: for one is your master, even Jesus, and all ye are brethren."
and lastly
John 17:3 " And this is life eternal, that they might know thee, the only true GOD and Jesus christ whom thou has sent."
with all these evidences even from the bibble itself if u still think GOD and JESUS is one Entity then may GOD himself cure you.

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Nobody: 1:21pm On Nov 17, 2013
Proffdada: truly ur lack of wisdom has doomed u for u to comprehend d truth. God is love,all-powerful,kind n constant. Once u drift away from Him u suffer d consequences.

my dog is more loyal than ur god.your god punished all its faithful followers,made a lot of creational mistakes according to ur silly bible. Your god was far from loving. in fact he/it/she created so many wars. That god of yours was not as powerful as you think otherwise he will be able to cure amputees. A kind god? look at what he did to Job, a good man that did nothing wrong to him. If you are a christian suffering,your god is responsible!
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Tachere: 1:23pm On Nov 17, 2013
ifeness: i did rather love to see that statue destroyed than seeing 1000 lives lost. Put a bomb on that crap statue and see it explode
u harsh o
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by richeyy(m): 1:28pm On Nov 17, 2013
ifeness:

my dog is more loyal than ur god.your god punished all its faithful followers,made a lot of creational mistakes according to ur silly bible. Your god was far from loving. in fact he/it/she created so many wars. That god of yours was not as powerful as you think otherwise he will be able to cure amputees. A kind god? look at what he did to Job, a good man that did nothing wrong to him. If you are a christian suffering,your god is responsible!

What do you believe in?
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Nobody: 1:30pm On Nov 17, 2013
richeyy:

What do you believe in?

in myself. not a fake god
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Nobody: 1:34pm On Nov 17, 2013
cutieemperor007:

In this chapter we read that the devil actually carried the mesiah and took him from place to place. How can the devil carry GOD, HE is above such blasphemy, then the devil ordered him to postrate before him and worship him, even tempted him with worldly possessions, how can the devil even dare such audacity with GOD who created not just the world and everything in it but also the heavens and all it angels and demons including Satan himself....
Mathew 5:45 "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your father which is in heaven is perfect
Mathew 7:21 " Not every one that sayeth unto me (JESUS), LORD, LORD, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven: but he that doeth the will of my father, which is in heaven
Mathew 14:23 "And when he had sent the multitudes away, he went up into a montain apart to pray.....
I say: if Jesus is God or a part of GOD then why did he pray and who is he praying to, or is there someone more supreme than GOD? Infact, prayer is always from a submitting, needy and dependent one for the mercy of GOD. This also bring to mind the night before the cruxification of Jesus christ, he took his followers to the montain and ask them to pray to GOD....
John 20:16 "Jesus said unto her, Mary, she turn herself, and sayeth unto him, "Rabboni", which is to say master, Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; For I am not yet ascended to my father; but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my father and your father; and to my GOD and your GOD ......In the above verse Jesus clearly distinguish between himself and GOD.
Mathew 27:46 "Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, 'Eli, Eli, Iama sabachthani? (that is to say,) my GOD, my GOD, why hast thou forsaken me?...
Mathew 26:39 "And he (Jesus) went a little farther and fell on his face and prayed, saying, 'O my father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt...Jesus plead with GOD to make the cup pass over him but if what is happening to him is the will of GOD then the will of GOD should prevail, these goes to show us that Jesus not only didn't know the will of GOD but was also submissive to the will of GOD as a true worshipper of GOD should.
Mathew 23:8 "But be not ye called rabbi: for one is your master, even Jesus, and all ye are brethren."
and lastly
John 17:3 " And this is life eternal, that they might know thee, the only true GOD and Jesus christ whom thou has sent."
with all these evidences even from the bibble itself if u still think GOD and JESUS is one Entity then may GOD himself cure you.

John 10:30
"My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. I and my Father are one"
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Nobody: 1:37pm On Nov 17, 2013
2sizzlin:

Which village is that? Is it in Nnewi?
Oguta in Imo state

#TeamGOM
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by cutieemperor007: 1:39pm On Nov 17, 2013
macof:

Stop acting silly

Our ancestors worshipped gods not idols

I was almost tempted to use a foul word on u, thank GOD I was able to control my furry...
but let me ask u these, what did our fore fathers use to represent these gods u claim was what they worship, if ur answer is carved woods and stone then u have ur answer
and can u pls tell me the different between worshipping gods and idol worshipping....
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Proffdada: 1:41pm On Nov 17, 2013
ifeness:

for ur mind has been twisted by d tempter u shall b blind n never see d light. A scar in ur life makes u to deny d fact that u once believed in God n u felt He is responsible for ur loss without seeing d path n reasons u r being channeled. U r not learning for ur mistake instead u blame God. Try n open ur heart it's never too late

1 Like

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by italo: 1:42pm On Nov 17, 2013
Many would tell you: only an idiott wouldn't believe.

ifeness:

only an idiott will belive an arab man died for the sins of the whole world. You forgot the dumbest of all the biblical stories. Noah’s Ark. Consider for a moment the point of view that the kangaroo’s must have had during this epic and stupid story.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by italo: 1:45pm On Nov 17, 2013
John 20:28 "Thomas said to him, "my Lord and my God!"

cutieemperor007:

and lastly

1 Like

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by italo: 1:47pm On Nov 17, 2013
John 20:28 "Thomas said to him, "my Lord and my God!"

Do you see that Jesus is God or you still feel like arguing?

cutieemperor007:

and lastly

1 Like

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by cutieemperor007: 1:48pm On Nov 17, 2013
shachris:

John 10:30
"My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. I and my Father are one"

uhmmm...bibble, maybe like some observered is very contradictory or maybe Jesus isn't saying GOD and himself are thesame in personality here, maybe he is saying GOD and himself are one in Ideology
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by abduldope(m): 1:56pm On Nov 17, 2013
god_of_music: I've seen an exact image like this inside our village stream. . . When i saw it ehh, i ran for my dear life!

#TeamGOM
mhn bt u mUmu Oo
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by richeyy(m): 1:56pm On Nov 17, 2013
ifeness:

in myself. not a fake god

If you don't believe in God, then why are you so PASSIONATELY challenging what you don't believe in? Is there a burning desire in ur heart to be convinced otherwise? If there is, just say a sincere prayer in ur heart, pick up ur bible and leave the rest to 'The Force'; He will help u.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by cutieemperor007: 1:57pm On Nov 17, 2013
italo: John 20:28 "Thomas said to him, "my Lord and my God!"

Do you see that Jesus is God or you still feel like arguing?

I quoted over 10 verses of the bibble where Jesus himself made it know that he isn't GOD, But u quoted just a verse where thomas (a disciple of jesus) refer to jesus as his lord and GOD, thomas must have been overwhelmed by the miracles and teachings of Jesus to say so, and he said, my Lord and my God and not our Lord and our GOD, should we start believing the disciple (thomas) over the teacher (jesus)...

AND LOOK AT YOU ASKING ME IF I WANT TO ARGUE AS IF YOU ARE UP TO THE TASK...I QUOTE 10 VERSE YOU QUOTE 1,
AND MIND YOU, I'M A MUSLIM AND I KNOW YOUR BIBBLE MORE THAN YOU DO....SHAME....LEARN TO READ YOUR BIBBLE BRO, AND NOT JUST BELIEVE WHAT YOU ARE BEEN TOLD BY YOUR PASTOR HOOK LINE AND SINKER...
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by ismokeweed1(f): 1:57pm On Nov 17, 2013
cutieemperor007:

uhmmm...bibble, maybe like some observered is very contradictory or maybe Jesus isn't saying GOD and himself are thesame in personality here, maybe he is saying GOD and himself are one in Ideology

Then let everyone believe whatever they want to believe and stop making noise.

There is God the FATHER
there is God the SON
and there is God the HOLY SPIRIT

the true christians know this

1 Like

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by dorox(m): 1:59pm On Nov 17, 2013
@italo: What would you say to a man who heroically enters a burning building with lots of people trapped inside, including women and children only to come out some moments later proudly holding a statue of himself that he went through all that trouble to save, leaving those trapped in the building to their own fate?
Would you tell people of his heroic feat in saving his statue, or would you call him a wicked man with seriously misplaced priority?

1 Like

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by italo: 2:01pm On Nov 17, 2013
cutieemperor007:

Maybe, maybe, maybe.

Maybe your interpretation of the Bible is wrong.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pastor Joseph Obayemi To Lead RCCG In Nigeria / Apostle Suleman Plays With His Wife During Church Service. PICS / Prophet Martin Kofi Danso Impregnates Church Member, After Private Jet Gift

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.