Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,375 members, 7,910,888 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 07:21 PM

Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) (47468 Views)

Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State / Imo To Unveil The Tallest Statue Of Jesus Christ In Africa (Photo) / 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by victorazy(m): 8:00pm On Nov 17, 2013
god_of_music: I've seen an exact image like this inside our village stream. . . When i saw it ehh, i ran for my dear life!

#TeamGOM

And ur here all these days wey we don dey discux about Mami water, why u no come talk ur story.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by raffite: 8:10pm On Nov 17, 2013

1 Corinthians 1:18-25

Christ the Power and the Wisdom of God

18 For the message about Christ's death on the cross is nonsense to those who are being lost; but for us who are being saved it is God's power. 19 The scripture says,

“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise
and set aside the understanding of the scholars.”

20 So then, where does that leave the wise? or the scholars? or the skillful debaters of this world? God has shown that this world's wisdom is foolishness!

21 For God in his wisdom made it impossible for people to know him by means of their own wisdom. Instead, by means of the so-called “foolish” message we preach, God decided to save those who believe. 22 Jews want miracles for proof, and Greeks look for wisdom. 23 As for us, we proclaim the crucified Christ, a message that is offensive to the Jews and nonsense to the Gentiles; 24 but for those whom God has called, both Jews and Gentiles, this message is Christ, who is the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25 For what seems to be God's foolishness is wiser than human wisdom, and what seems to be God's weakness is stronger than human strength.

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Mujinho4b(m): 8:17pm On Nov 17, 2013
god_of_music: I've seen an exact image like this inside our village stream. . . When i saw it ehh, i ran for my dear life!

#TeamGOM

like criously.. Shiva for 9JA RIVER... nawa o.. which village pls??
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by macof(m): 8:31pm On Nov 17, 2013
raffite:

Ask Am!
Wat happened is a disaster. The gods showed them no Mercy
We should only pray The gods show Africa better grace so such doesn't happen in our lands
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Eminentsaint(m): 8:32pm On Nov 17, 2013
GSKing: That's our Jeezous for you!!!cheesy

May God have mercy on your soul
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Philipsdael(m): 9:55pm On Nov 17, 2013
phlame: As Typhoon Haiyan tore through the Philippines, it caused destruction on an unprecedented scale, tearing up homes and causing families to flee its violent path.

However, one survivor continued to stand tall with arms outstretched-- a giant statue of Jesus Christ that escaped unscathed from the natural disaster.

Though Haiyan erased entire towns from the map, Jesus remains upright, casting a protective gaze over the coastal town of Tanauan, in the central Philippines.

Pope Francis urged Catholics worldwide to pray for the victims of the typhoon that ravaged the Philippines, which has the largest number of Catholics in Asia.

The preservation of the statue has served as a symbol of hope to those still struggling to survive the typhoon's wounds, which left around 5,000 dead, according to recent death tolls.

Miracle, or simply coincidence?

SOURCE http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/15/jesus-statue-typhoon_n_4284415.html?1384553100&ncid=webmail17
Spit on the thread and walk away....!!!

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by mamagee3(f): 10:16pm On Nov 17, 2013
iluvweed: TB JOUSHUA'S STATUE COULD HAVE DONE BETTER.... grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by tinoblinx: 10:48pm On Nov 17, 2013
dorox: It only goes to show that if they had built their houses as solidly as that lifeless statue, perhaps their houses would still be standing with fewer lives lost in the typhoon.
The same thing happens here when struggling families sacrifice a lot to fund the lavish life style of their pastors in the vain hope that God would somehow reward them for such gross foolishness when they should instead be thinking of how to get the maximum utility from their income.

Well, the statue sure has a beta reinforced concrete base compared 2d houses and also its position cld hav alsa helped it. But the gross foolishness accrues actually to u for thnking that it s not wise 2giv to ur pastor, it only show tha u don't even know some sipmle bible passages
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Gospell(m): 11:16pm On Nov 17, 2013
I seriously pity those who are castigating my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.....,good night,may d Lord still protect US all.
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Gistwitherico(m): 12:06am On Nov 18, 2013
GeneralShepherd: Jesus decides to allow 5000 people to die,just for a chance to preserve His statue!! Praise be to our all loving God

Well I doubt the veracity of your claims though
hey dont be cynical. Jesus still cares for his creation. The problem is that we've voluntarily pulled out 4rm his care; thus suffer the consequence!
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Nobody: 1:34am On Nov 18, 2013
ENd time things
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Proffdada: 2:15am On Nov 18, 2013
macof:

Answer his question.
Wat evil did satan do?
Wat makes the Bible god holy and satan evil?
Rhetorically u r dumb
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Adesam01(m): 4:31am On Nov 18, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
most of the houses are standing as well. This is no miracle.

that area pictured does not have very high flood levels.

when I read the article, I thought it would be something like this:

Statue of Lord Shiva (God of Destructive Forces) that withstood the recent floods in North India.

As a Civil Engineer, I am modelling and simulating phenomenon like Tsunami, Typhoon and Flood. I can tell you that you can't compare the destructive power and potential of Flood to that of a Typhoon moving at a speed of 232 km/h. Imagine how u feel in a car moving at 100km/h. Technically speaking, the statue should not be standing but God is God: He uses the foolish things of this world to confound the wise!
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by john4lab(m): 7:40am On Nov 18, 2013
This is ridiculous.
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by GeneralShepherd(m): 7:52am On Nov 18, 2013
Gistwitherico:
hey dont be cynical. Jesus still cares for his creation. The problem is that we've voluntarily pulled out 4rm his care; thus suffer the consequence!
So the 5000 Philipinos deserved to die. Right?
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by GeneralShepherd(m): 7:53am On Nov 18, 2013
Adesam01:

As a Civil Engineer, I am modelling and simulating phenomenon like Tsunami, Typhoon and Flood. I can tell you that you can't compare the destructive power and potential of Flood to that of a Typhoon moving at a speed of 232 km/h. Imagine how u feel in a car moving at 100km/h. Technically speaking, the statue should not be standing but God is God: He uses the foolish things of this world to confound the wise!

Would it have too much to ask of God to let His statue fall and let human lives be saved?

1 Like

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by italo: 8:02am On Nov 18, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

Would it have too much to ask of God to let His statue fall and let human lives be saved?

Perhaps, God actually saved them by calling them to his presence and left his statue untouched as a sign for we still on earth...

What do you know, mere mortal?

Or perhaps, God has sent someone to proffer a prevention and solution for a disaster like this but ungodly men like you have encouraged his mother to abort him. Perhaps!

Again, what do you know with that finite brain of yours?
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by italo: 8:03am On Nov 18, 2013
GeneralShepherd:
So the 5000 Philipinos deserved to die. Right?

What is bad about dying?
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by ajf(m): 8:15am On Nov 18, 2013
woodcook:

Quite unfortunate but there is still a twist to every story. I am sure if the likes of Hitler,Osama etc were killed as kids, most people could as well sympathize with them(Not that I don't feel sorry for them, just trying to be logical here). Judging by your religion believe (Guessing you are a religious person) do you prefer those kids go to a better place or stay back in this "god-forsaken" world? Well you Christain should think your believe thoroughly and understand the real implication of what you believe in. When you do I am sure when the issue of life and death comes up, you don't sound hypocritical ( believing there is a better world after life but hold tightly to the world of the atheist ).
Oga,I pray you leave this place and go to that better place TODAY! Did I hear you shout amen??
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by ajf(m): 8:19am On Nov 18, 2013
Adesam01:

Oga olodo engineer,didn't you see that some houses were still standing erect in the picture??

1 Like

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by PedroAmada(m): 8:53am On Nov 18, 2013
Some times this NL can be so sarcastically ridiculous , I have been following you and some things you post are just to give satanic anti christ, morally bankrupt homosexuals and haters of christianity an opportunity to vomit their utmost odious and unnecessary remarks against the faithful people. I do understand its a free world and we are all entitle to our opinions but some folks just don't know the limit beyond which they cannot go. Perhaps, you are just entertaining your followers and fans and also for your major interest but soome people are completely unreasonable up in here. Just advise
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Nja147: 9:10am On Nov 18, 2013
Those statues have good foundation and well reinforced with good rebar and cement.(Civil Engineering). Am not under minding God sovereignty.
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by 2good(m): 9:50am On Nov 18, 2013
[quote author=Adesam01]

3 Likes

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by GeneralShepherd(m): 10:24am On Nov 18, 2013
italo:

Perhaps, God actually saved them by calling them to his presence and left his statue untouched as a sign for we still on earth...

What do you know, mere mortal?

Or perhaps, God has sent someone to proffer a prevention and solution for a disaster like this but ungodly men like you have encouraged his mother to abort him. Perhaps!

Again, what do you know with that finite brain of yours?

I pray that the good Lord saves you and your family before the end of the year and call all of you to His presence in Jesus name. Amen!

Even though I don't believe in God and Jesus anymore there are still many christian that I respect and appreciate their views on this Philipines tragedy. My brother turning this tragedy to an advert for Jesus seems like an act biblical pharisee will put up if there were alive today.

As for trying to start an abortion debate,not now not on this thread I say NO
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by italo: 10:57am On Nov 18, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

I pray that the good Lord saves you and your family before the end of the year and call all of you to His presence in Jesus name. Amen!

Even though I don't believe in God and Jesus anymore there are still many christian that I respect and appreciate their views on this Philipines tragedy. My brother turning this tragedy to an advert for Jesus seems like an act biblical pharisee will put up if there were alive today.

As for trying to start an abortion debate,not now not on this thread I say NO

With God, the only true tragedy is loosing your soul (as you willingly decided to do), not loosing your body (as many Philippinos did).
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Rexyl(m): 11:08am On Nov 18, 2013
The role of the statue is for a reminder, it shouldn't be given any meaning beyond that. What we Christians know to be important is this stated by Jesus

John 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. 24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by 2good(m): 11:13am On Nov 18, 2013
italo:

With God, the only true tragedy is loosing your soul (as you willingly decided to do), not loosing your body (as many Philippinos did).
You are still thinking like Europeans of the middle and dark age era. It is this same mentality of yours that made them to burn people during the inquisition era because they feel that all that matters to their god is the soul and not the body. The funny thing is that the Europeans have done away with this thinking where as you are still thinking like you are living in the 1400's which is really pathetic.
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by jdilight(m): 11:20am On Nov 18, 2013
Adesam01:

You only considered the force acting on the area but you didn't consider the surface area the force acted on.

Your not a practicing Civil engineer or your a bad one. An engineer studies things from all angles before making a claim. Please you need practical experience from seasoned practicing engineers

1 Like

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by jdilight(m): 11:25am On Nov 18, 2013
2good:

Can you share more light on your modelling with respect to how you consider the effect of the exposed surface area of structures in the model? I am a practicing Drilling Engineer and know that when designing a system, the force acting on a system is very much dependent on the surface area so I will be interested to know the components of your model so we can discuss like Engineers and not spiritualist.

To give you an example, in an oil well, we know that pressure increases with depth and at any point in time, the pressure of fluid in the well is giving by P=density * gravity * height.
The exposed area of pipe in hole is given by Area= pi*(OD^2-ID^2)/4. (where OD=outer pipe diameter & ID= inner pipe diameter)
Also, Force= Pressure * Area
The bouyancy force acting on the pipe from below is the product of the area and pressure. we can see that as the ID of the pipe becomes smaller, then the area increases which means that the pipe will experience a much bigger bouyancy force.
To go a little more complex, when you have a situation we call a blow out(i.e flow of formation fluid into a well), you can get a very high pressure to the tune of more than 10,000 psi (689.29 bar) which is an extremely high pressure, while the actual force(bouyancy) acting on the pipe from below due to the influx, is still below the weight of the pipe in the well because the bouyant force pushing the pipe up is dependent on the cross sectional area of the pipe i.e the ticker the pipe, the bigger chances of being forced out of the hole as compared to a thinner pipe. For very thick pipes, there is a bigger chance of the pipe being forced out of the well when it comes in contact with thesame 10,000 psi pressure because the net force acting on it from below can just suddenly go above the tension of the pipe( pipe weight)
We go to school to learn how to reason with brain and so I appreciate it when people that claim to be Engineers/ Scientist show some evidence of their claim mathematically from basic laws of physics because there are lot of educated people here.

This is exactly thesame principle with high pressure wind system.

This is a practicing Engr writing, Chairman abeg lecture the young man.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Stanmtn: 12:28pm On Nov 18, 2013
My Candid Advice U. Please take a time out and attend deliverance. Ur Dad is ignorant. meant no harm thx.
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:14pm On Nov 18, 2013
Adesam01:

f00L stop justyfing the statue of jesus. did you see the difference in water levels?

DO you know the tidal force experienced in that floods?
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by icycoolmik: 2:53pm On Nov 18, 2013
I think everyone is FREE to BELIEVE whatever they want to BELIEVE.
The important thing is: WHAT KIND OF PERSON (in the eyes of humanity) DOES YOUR BELIEF MAKE YOU?

If you feel that "Jesus Christ is God" and you quote bible verses to support it, no wahalla

If you feel that God sent Jesus Christ and you quote bible verses to support that you should pray to God and not Jesus, no wahalla.

In all of this, don't forget to check THE KIND OF PERSON THAT YOUR BELIEF MAKES YOU IN THE EYES OF HUMANITY.

We must all remember, it's not about just WHAT YOU SEE, but what you DO with what you see.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pastor Joseph Obayemi To Lead RCCG In Nigeria / Apostle Suleman Plays With His Wife During Church Service. PICS / Prophet Martin Kofi Danso Impregnates Church Member, After Private Jet Gift

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.