Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,971 members, 7,973,364 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 02:54 PM

7 Keys To A Better Relationship - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 7 Keys To A Better Relationship (904 Views)

He Is A Better Lover Than My Husband / How My Dad's Loving Words Made Me A Better Person / You Deserve A Better Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

7 Keys To A Better Relationship by feelgood(m): 10:53am On Jul 18, 2008
Spend time with your friends and loved ones. Many marriages fail for just this reason. People are often too busy to spend enough time with each other and one or both of the partners can't take the neglect.

Genuinely appreciate the special people in your life. Tell them how much they mean to you. Mention their good qualities and how special they are.

Learn to say, "I was wrong. Please forgive me."
This will do wonders for your relationships. Humility is a beautiful quality in any person. Someone who thinks he or she is always right can be impossible to live with.

Be quick to forgive and don't hold grudges. Bury the past. Bitterness never helped anyone. It only hurts the bitter person. Don't let the agressive weeds of unforgiveness spoil your garden.

Learn to say "thank you" a lot. Everyone loves to be appreciated for what he or she has done instead of being taken for granted.

Listen more than you talk. If you are always talking and other people don't have a chance to get a word in edgewise, you won't be very popular for long.

Go out of your way to help others in practical ways. If a friend is in the hospital, go visit him. If a neighbor is going through a difficult financial time, bring groceries over to help tide him or her through the crisis.

Courtesy - Nubian Emi

(1) (Reply)

thanks / Do We Have Ibos Married To Edos? Pls share / The Story Of A Nigerian Facing Racism Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.