Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,003 members, 7,912,770 topics. Date: Tuesday, 06 August 2024 at 01:19 PM

Governor Peter Obi And The Danger Of Ethnic Card - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Peter Obi And The Danger Of Ethnic Card (5309 Views)

Peter Obi And Obiano At A Burial Ceremony (picture) / Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics / Governor Peter Obi's Multi Billion Naira Mall In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Peter Obi And The Danger Of Ethnic Card by Kingsley1000(m): 6:05am On Nov 21, 2013
It would be unfair if INEC conducts a
supplementary election after a self-
confessed election fraught with
electoral malpractices perfected in the
highest order,even as investigations
are ongoing against some biased
umpires.I feel APC might be better off
securing an injunction restraining
INEC from conducting the
supplementary elections pending the
conclusion and determination of the
ongoing investigations against the
electoral officer; otherwise INEC
should conduct a fresh poll in
Anambra state
Re: Governor Peter Obi And The Danger Of Ethnic Card by Nobody: 6:07am On Nov 21, 2013
gbanikiti: The day Peter Obi steps his foot in the north, boko haram should eliminate him. If he dares come to the south west, OPC should hunt for his big head and cut it off. Bigots like him are not meant to be alive and cause disunity between Igbos and other ethnic groups. Enough is Enough!!
Have you tried the thread below? It will surely make you feel better.
https://www.nairaland.com/1521174/lamentation-centre-apc-e-warriors
Re: Governor Peter Obi And The Danger Of Ethnic Card by Nobody: 6:08am On Nov 21, 2013
omo alaro: I was so disappointed in the politics of division that played out in anambra.
Catholic vs other faiths. Thank God no muslim (islam) mix in the equation.
Ngige is good but joined awolowo people who killed our people.
El-Rufai has no right to be in anambra (a part of Nigeria not Biafra).
How will these Igbo people approach other Nigerians in future to solicit for their votes to produce an igbo president of Nigeria with these level of tribal and religious hatred?
Other LOSERS felt better after seeing the thread below. I advise that you do the same.
Re: Governor Peter Obi And The Danger Of Ethnic Card by Nobody: 6:13am On Nov 21, 2013
agbameta:

They are very shortsighted and self destructive.

Agan, they don't have any sane and right thinking adult in iboland.
Rather than continue sobbing and whining from thread to thread, why not try the thread below? It was created specifically for people like you that are passing through the pains and anguish of DEFEAT.
Re: Governor Peter Obi And The Danger Of Ethnic Card by Nobody: 6:20am On Nov 21, 2013
Well, let me generally invite all the whining, weeping, wailing and sobbing APC e-cockroaches and rats to the thread below. The thread was created proactively and specifically for SORE LOSERS.

1 Like

Re: Governor Peter Obi And The Danger Of Ethnic Card by Nobody: 6:23am On Nov 21, 2013
Kingsley1000: It would be unfair if INEC conducts a
supplementary election after a self-
confessed election fraught with
electoral malpractices perfected in the
highest order,even as investigations
are ongoing against some biased
umpires.I feel APC might be better off
securing an injunction restraining
INEC from conducting the
supplementary elections pending the
conclusion and determination of the
ongoing investigations against the
electoral officer; otherwise INEC
should conduct a fresh poll in
Anambra state

Mumu go and study the electoral act.The only competent court to adjudicate on this matter is an election appeal tribunal.Besides only one LGA was affected which does not invalidate the results of the other election.The election of the affected lga(idemili North) has just been rescheduled to fulfil all righteousness.Besides even if that election is held ten times APGA will still win the election

1 Like

Re: Governor Peter Obi And The Danger Of Ethnic Card by 99100(m): 6:55am On Nov 21, 2013
Why are people being too hypocritical?
What is wrong if we say APC have no place in Igbo land?
Can APGA win a senatorial seat in Kano,Borno,Lagos or Ondo?
The earlier dis hypocrites believe Nigeria is far from being a united entity d better for them.
If u say Peter is playing d 'ethnic politics', what would u say of d hausa man that believes He must rule Nigeria for there to be peace.
Ethnic and religious politics has always been d norm in Nigeria.
-We say NO to HAUSA/YORUBA party!
If d Yoruba man has agreed to be d Aboki stooge,we decline to be anybodies stooge.
We are Igbos we leads.

3 Likes

Re: Governor Peter Obi And The Danger Of Ethnic Card by luvmijeje(f): 8:12am On Nov 21, 2013
l hope APC have learnt from this Anambra debacle. PDP is not ready to play according to the rules. I believe It's high time APC start playing dirty by also playing politics of issues,ethnicity and religion. If this country will break up let it break up. We can't continue like this.
Re: Governor Peter Obi And The Danger Of Ethnic Card by Nobody: 8:19am On Nov 21, 2013
luvmijeje: l hope APC have learnt from this Anambra debacle. PDP is not ready to play according to the rules. I believe It's high time APC start playing dirty by also playing politics of issues,ethnicity and religion. If this country will break up let it break up. We can't continue like this.

So you want the country to break now?

Nah, it's never going to break! grin grin

Continue in your misery - one naija for life! cool
Re: Governor Peter Obi And The Danger Of Ethnic Card by luvmijeje(f): 8:24am On Nov 21, 2013
Sheeple:

So you want the country to break now?

Nah, it's never going to break! grin grin

Continue in your misery - one naija for life! cool
The Anambra issue really opened my eyes. One Naija my a.s.s.
Re: Governor Peter Obi And The Danger Of Ethnic Card by Nobody: 8:30am On Nov 21, 2013
luvmijeje:
The Anambra issue really opened my eyes. One Naija my a.s.s.

Oh well, then I'd call you a late-comer.

Perhaps, you should have taken time out to study the whole country, ethnic relations, and politics time ago. It took me just 6 months to decipher everything. And since then, I gave up on Nigeria.

It's not just Anambra and the 3 major ethnic groups. The minorities are also as tribalistic and bigoted as the big three. They just don't have a voice nor platform, to express themselves.
Re: Governor Peter Obi And The Danger Of Ethnic Card by Nobody: 8:37am On Nov 21, 2013
Tribal politics in Anambra, yes?

But Igala's also do the same in Kogi.

Ibibio run Akwa Ibom.

Junkun are monopolising Taraba.

Who owns Rivers? We might be looking at Igboid groups.

Etc.

It's the same everywhere - that's Nigeria. Tribal people and how they lead their everyday lives.
Re: Governor Peter Obi And The Danger Of Ethnic Card by luvmijeje(f): 8:40am On Nov 21, 2013
Sheeple:

Oh well, then I'd call you a late-comer.

Perhaps, you should have taken time out to study the whole country, ethnic relations, and politics time ago. It took me just 6 months to decipher everything. And since then, I gave up on Nigeria.

It's not just Anambra and the 3 major ethnic groups. The minorities are also as tribalistic and bigoted as the big three. They just don't have a voice nor platform, to express themselves.
I have to agree with you, I'm truly a late comer.
Re: Governor Peter Obi And The Danger Of Ethnic Card by Jlow2: 9:06am On Nov 21, 2013
its a pity pple dnt knw dat pdp n apga had an agreement in terms of gej presidency in 2015,its clear apga will not hav a presidential candt come 2015,so all votes goes to gej weda my election or selection,as we hav seen hw it went dwn on d saturdays electn,der is sumfin sum of my pple dnt knw,u need oda enthic groups 2 win presidential electn,even though Apc is offerin us vice presidency,i think we stand a better chance with Apc,if we shld say d truth only ngige can bring sanity and real developmnt 2 anambra pple and dats y pple at d grassroot want him,but i think we re yet 2 see more concernin d anambra election,the irregularities was much,i pity my country nigeria,if dis hw 2015 election will be then d bitter truth is that der will be chaos in nigeria!!!!
Re: Governor Peter Obi And The Danger Of Ethnic Card by alexchiny: 9:51am On Nov 21, 2013
luvmijeje: l hope APC have learnt from this Anambra debacle. PDP is not ready to play according to the rules. I believe It's high time APC start playing dirty by also playing politics of issues,ethnicity and religion. If this country will break up let it break up. We can't continue like this.

Who is this clown? Stop believing the hype. APC can NEVER, i repeat NEVER win a Guber election in Anambra state! And as for the party that rigs elections, check this thread. https://www.nairaland.com/1525785/leaked-video-edo-state-government. Bunch of hypocrites!
Re: Governor Peter Obi And The Danger Of Ethnic Card by thewarrior72: 1:13pm On Nov 21, 2013
Abagworo:

Liar liar! No Ihiala man can ever write the sort of thrash you spewed out earlier. Stop all these lies and man up to your real identity "chino". You are a beneficiary of Peter Obi and you act like him by diverting simple issues to tribal rants instead of tackling it logically. Peter Obi sees Anambrians as mugu by his actions and youths like you are required to tell him that Anambra belongs to all Anambrians and not Peter Obi.

2ndly he's puting Igbos at danger by creating an us vs other ethnic groups dichotomy.
Once again I'm not chino, we are different entity. If anybody wants me to tone down, he/ she should desist from a smear campaign against indi Anambra especially u and barem aka gbankiti
Re: Governor Peter Obi And The Danger Of Ethnic Card by gbanikiti(m): 1:31pm On Nov 21, 2013
the warrior72: Once again I'm not chino, we are different entity. If anybody wants me to tone down, he/ she should desist from a smear campaign against indi Anambra especially u and barem aka gbankiti
Another protest by a different set of anambra women protested yesterday at Awka. I guess these ones are from Osun too.

www.channelstv.com/home/2013/11/21/anambra-police-disperses-group-of-women-in-fresh-protest/

1 Like

Re: Governor Peter Obi And The Danger Of Ethnic Card by gbanikiti(m): 1:32pm On Nov 21, 2013
the warrior72: Once again I'm not chino, we are different entity. If anybody wants me to tone down, he/ she should desist from a smear campaign against indi Anambra especially u and barem aka gbankiti
Another protest by a different set of anambra women protested yesterday at Awka. I guess these ones are from Osun too. There was another protest from some activists too from Anambra origin the same yesterday.

www.channelstv.com/home/2013/11/21/anambra-police-disperses-group-of-women-in-fresh-protest/
Re: Governor Peter Obi And The Danger Of Ethnic Card by thewarrior72: 1:35pm On Nov 21, 2013
kingoflag:
The South West should try, despite Nigeria's Federalism, to set up legislation that'll discourage migration into her Region. It could be in the form of higher taxation for indigenes of her non-allies/potential enemies i.e non-members of the Old Western Region. It could also come in the form of proposing mandatory identification/Social Security numbers for its residents---Primarily indigenes of the states party to the agreement--- (lack of which will earn you heavy fines and trips to Prison) with the objective of lawfully and systematically denying same to certain people. Linked Digital Fingerprinting of criminals (which can be shared by law enforcement in these states) should be encouraged with the aim of viciously prosecuting violators. A first time offense should carry a very heavy fine, a subsequent offense should carry a mandatory 10 yrs minimum sentences. The first wave of Prisoners should be housed on one of Lagos' deserted islands and as more are caught, they should be put to work building more Prison Units and complexes that would be needed to house the impending wave of violators that would undeniably be convicted. While incarcerated, they should be put to work for the benefit of their host Govts and its inhabitants e.g Farming. Only people that are financially and Professionally worthy to the Region should be issued these instruments of identification. This will kill two birds with one stone: First, the Region will be decongested of people useless to its development because you shouldnt be able to get anything done without the I.Ds (school, housing, medical care etc). Next, when hit with the reality that they cannot destroy their own homes then flee to others, they will do whats right and elect credible candidates that'll work for their own good and that of the country.

If its the law, it is right. This is how you fight fire with fire in the 21st century.
I laugh at ur idiocy & ur ignorance of the law governing this entity called Nigeria, which ur region cannot create a law baring any citizen of this country from moving to any part of this country. The best u can agitate for is secession,but until then enjoy one liargiria
Re: Governor Peter Obi And The Danger Of Ethnic Card by Nobody: 1:39pm On Nov 21, 2013
the warrior72: I laugh at ur idiocy & ur ignorance of the law governing this entity called Nigeria, which ur region cannot create a law baring any citizen of this country from moving to any part of this country. The best u can agitate for is secession,but until then enjoy one liargiria

Emm... my Region where? Show me where Seattle is on your map.

Why would I want to help you secede, and why should I enjoy your country with you? Its yours enjoy it as ure used to--- in shameless poverty and suffering--- all I can do is make suggestions to help you backwards fuxckas move forward.
Re: Governor Peter Obi And The Danger Of Ethnic Card by luvmijeje(f): 2:58pm On Nov 21, 2013
alexchiny:

Who is this clown? Stop believing the hype. APC can NEVER, i repeat NEVER win a Guber election in Anambra state! And as for the party that rigs elections, check this thread. https://www.nairaland.com/1525785/leaked-video-edo-state-government. Bunch of hypocrites!
Obi didn't have to play politics of hatred to win the election. He didn't have to play tribal cards knowing how sensitive we all are to it. Their rigging machinery is enough for them to win it.

What is more disappointing is the silent. Obi is playing politics with the lives of Igbo, nobody is speaking up.

We can't continue like this, we are not meant to be a country. We are just so different.
Re: Governor Peter Obi And The Danger Of Ethnic Card by Nobody: 3:22pm On Nov 21, 2013
gbanikiti: You want to tell me as a citizen of Nigeria,he has no right to freedom of movement? What was Obi and APGA scared of? What's the difference between Fashola's deportation of Igbos and hold
ing El-Rufai to a hotel arrest by Obi?

Useless questions
Re: Governor Peter Obi And The Danger Of Ethnic Card by Nobody: 3:23pm On Nov 21, 2013
luvmijeje:
Obi didn't have to play politics of hatred to win the election. He didn't have to play tribal cards knowing how sensitive we all are to it. Their rigging machinery is enough for them to win it.

What is more disappointing is the silent. Obi is playing politics with the lives of Igbo, nobody is speaking up.

We can't continue like this, we are not meant to be a country. We are just so different.

And u think Ngige had to play the politics of thuggery?
Re: Governor Peter Obi And The Danger Of Ethnic Card by gbanikiti(m): 3:29pm On Nov 21, 2013
ngozievergreen:

Useless questions
Its useless because you have no answers to my questions? Its better you didn't quote me than making yourself look silly.
Re: Governor Peter Obi And The Danger Of Ethnic Card by Nobody: 3:35pm On Nov 21, 2013
sagombugo:

Y are u so always given to mischief like this? Do you think a man of El-Rufai's standing will just go to any place without having any reason to be there?

Let it be known to you that he was an INEC accredited party observer and he was scheduled to help coordinate the APC situation room during the election

May I also remind you also that he was indeed the collating officer for the APC Guber Primaries between Ngige and Ezeemo while Ibrahim Shekarau serves as the Returning Officer for the same exercise. So El-Rufai didn't start going to Anambra today or on the election day!

You people should be careful the politics of seclusion you are playing?

Most of the Igbo billionaires today made their money under the Hausa military rulers! So while the common folks loath and hate them,your elites sure know where they stand in the scheme of things hence have been romancing them

If the yorubas are your 'enemies' that shouldnt step foot on Igbo land,are the Hausas too barred from coming to your place even if they have a legitimate business and assignment to do?

While the Yorubas may be rational,circumspect and pain-staking in doing things,you sure know that the northerners know how to post recompense for every act of agression against them!

Ndigbo call the likes of Peter Obi and Victor Umeh to order!!! Election will come and go but the seed of discord being sown will linger till the 5th generations!

Should any conflagration starts,its the local folks that will bear the brunt not them!

Nuff said!

Most of the Igbo billionaires made their dough during military rule? not sure, but I hope u are not trying to say that the military govt gave Igbo ppl money or opened differential opportunities for igbos.
The military ruled for 35 yrs or so, that's a long time span, so ur assumption is not coincidentally impossible; but if u check it, most billionaires from other tribes made their dough in the military era too.
All I know is that if apga wont win election in SW and north, then I don't know y APC should
Re: Governor Peter Obi And The Danger Of Ethnic Card by Nobody: 3:36pm On Nov 21, 2013
ngozievergreen:

Useless questions
CORRECT
Re: Governor Peter Obi And The Danger Of Ethnic Card by Nobody: 3:37pm On Nov 21, 2013
gbanikiti: Its useless because you have no answers to my questions? Its better you didn't quote me than making yourself look silly.

How can u be asking the difference btw house arrest of el rufai and deportation of ppl?
Ha abu ofu ihe
Re: Governor Peter Obi And The Danger Of Ethnic Card by Nobody: 3:39pm On Nov 21, 2013
SAGOMBUGO HOW MARKETI. grincheesy
Re: Governor Peter Obi And The Danger Of Ethnic Card by AtlanticBreeze: 3:40pm On Nov 21, 2013
ngozievergreen:

Most of the Igbo billionaires made their dough during military rule? not sure, but I hope u are not trying to say that the military govt gave Igbo ppl money or opened differential opportunities for igbos.
The military ruled for 35 yrs or so, that's a long time span, so ur assumption is not coincidentally impossible; but if u check it, most billionaires from other tribes made their dough in the military era too.
All I know is that if apga wont win election in SW and north, then I don't know y APC should
APGA cannot win elections in the SW because they are unserious. They only want to govern Anambra. Where were you when the greedy duo of Victor umeh and Peter Obi were washing their dirty linens in public,
Re: Governor Peter Obi And The Danger Of Ethnic Card by bashydemy(m): 3:41pm On Nov 21, 2013
hardywaltz: Why all this fuss about Anambra election by yoruba people, I wonder how many Igbo people that showed interest in Ondo state election or any other SW state.
Ngige has lost deal with it.
Sorry this is not about SW or any region, CNPP is the body that join all the political parties together and they have there stand/say in any elections in Nigeria.
Re: Governor Peter Obi And The Danger Of Ethnic Card by gbanikiti(m): 3:42pm On Nov 21, 2013
ngozievergreen:

How can u be asking the difference btw house arrest of el rufai and deportation of ppl?
Ha abu ofu ihe
mba! Ha bughi ofu ihe. Ha di iche. undecided

When the fundamental rights of a nigerian citizen is denied,you don't know what it is okwa ya? According to you,Fashola deported some igbos against their will. Obi had a hotel arrest on El-Rufai against his will. Tell me,what's the difference between the two?
Re: Governor Peter Obi And The Danger Of Ethnic Card by bashydemy(m): 3:50pm On Nov 21, 2013
kingbang: Brainless Abagworo! Have you heard Anambra youths condenming the elections? We are happy with APGA, so stop taking panadol for our headache! Your useless APC has no place in Anambra, get that into your thick skull! By 2015 I am sure Imo people will bundle out the clownish Efulefu called Rochas!
Who are the Anambra youth? Well the youth does not know anything for now, What an elder see sitting down, A child cannot climbing on mountain klimajaro and that why your mother take to the street to protest against your future or you think they dont know what they are doing?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

British Government Apologise For Biafran War!!!! Nawa / The Saying, “one Nigeria” Is Mere Balderdash. My Wife Murdered In My Presence. / Donald Trump Denies Calling Buhari "Lifeless"

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.