Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,907 members, 7,883,158 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 03:34 AM

All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 - Education (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 (203071 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / Meaning Of Some Words In Hon. Patrick's Speech On ASUU Strike / ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Akin89(m): 8:05am On Nov 23, 2013
i heard it on radio now dat ASUU had a secret meeting yestarday,but d meeting might not b about d suspension of d ongoing strike.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Cuteclem: 8:12am On Nov 23, 2013
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/ASUU-set-suspend-strike/

Even sunnews can they all be lying if is a romour then I urge boko haram to do the needful to this medias

What the hell is a NEC meeting for if not to suspend strike my pple is time to treaten ASUU that iyayi burial will not hold if we don't resume we shall discrupt that burial, the man lived and die in strike therefore must not be buried in strike, the movement will start soon let's wait and see the outcome of this meeting

3 Likes

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nusooo: 8:32am On Nov 23, 2013
I just imagine something, ASUU is having secret meeting, runaway for the pressmen, don't pick their call anymore, even other member of ASUU don't know their stand, no responses from the national body. What do these means, are they now secret cult, doing criminal activities or planning evil on Student, for being hiding behind the needle. Abi what?
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by falconey(m): 8:41am On Nov 23, 2013
There is strong indication that academic activities
may resume in the nation’s public universities early
next week, Saturday Punch has gathered.
Our correspondent gathered on Friday that members
of the National Executive Council of the Academic
Staff Union of the Universities again converged on
Kano to deliberate on whether to call off their over
four months old industrial action or not.
The NEC members, who gathered at the Bayero
University, Kano, penultimate week to review the
reports of the various university congresses over the
strike, suspended the meeting following the death of
Dr. Festus Iyayi. Iyayi, a University of Benin lecturer
and former ASUU president, who died in an auto
accident involving the convoy of the Kogi State
Governor, Idris Wada, on his way to Kano to attend
the NEC meeting.
There has been no date yet for the interment of his
remains.
However, feelers from Kano on Friday indicated that
the ASUU members went into hiding for the meeting.
One of our correspondents gathered that the NEC
members, who reconvened in BUK, on Thursday,
retired to a secret location for the meeting.
Reporters made frantic efforts to trace the venue of
the meeting without success.
But many vehicles belonging to the members of the
union were seen on campus.
But a member of ASUU NEC, who craved anonymity
because he was not authorised to speak on the
development, confirmed to our correspondent that
the union leaders were converging on Kano for the
meeting.
According to him, though the union has lost a leading
member and an academic, they were mindful of the
feelings of the students and the public over the
protracted industrial action.
He noted that all the union’s national officers as well
as other branch chairmen had arrived at the ancient
city for the assembly.
However, attempts by our correspondent on Friday
evening to reach out to the University of Lagos
chapter ASUU Chairman, Dr. Karo Ogbinaka, to
confirm the meeting failed, as he did not pick his
calls.
He also did not respond to the text message sent to
his telephone.
Ogbinaka had earlier said the academic community
was mourning Iyayi and so was not in a hurry to fix a
new date for the NEC meeting.
The telephone line of the union’s National President,
Dr.Nassir Fagge, also did not go through.
President Goodluck Jonathan had led a Federal
Government team that met with the leadership of
the union penultimate week.
Following the discussion, the FG reportedly promised
to inject N220bn yearly into the public universities
for the next five years. The new offer is to begin from
A majority of the chapters of the union had agreed on
the suspension of the strike following the fresh
commitment the leadership of ASUU obtained from
the FG.
Teachers in the nation’s three but 78 public
universities embarked on strike on July 1, 2013 to
protest the failure of the FG to implement the
agreement they signed with the authorities in 2009.
The pact largely centered on greater funding of the
universities, a declaration of a state of emergency in
tertiary education, better wages as well as payment
of earned allowances to lecturers.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by bank2k4real(m): 8:48am On Nov 23, 2013
How many times will I keep refreshing this page before ASUU...call off their boring strike....please I need answers....

Btw check my signature for the latest PROMO on Nairaland...n thank me later...

3 Likes

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by odizeey(m): 9:05am On Nov 23, 2013
Na dem safari gal type dem go dey gv bag of one milla,dem go say na lie na paper dey inside,.
Sorry my sister nigeria too g many badooos,n i knw say bad boys like tunechi don do u strong tyn,. Com to Jesus he will gv u rest n restore ur hope,even money to go sch,cos na from dat angle i dey see am to o(ego),d gal no just wan mk dem call d tyn off
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by odizeey(m): 9:08am On Nov 23, 2013
Cuteclem: http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/ASUU-set-suspend-strike/

Even sunnews can they all be lying if is a romour then I urge boko haram to do the needful to this medias

What the hell is a NEC meeting for if not to suspend strike my pple is time to treaten ASUU that iyayi burial will not hold if we don't resume we shall discrupt that burial, the man lived and die in strike therefore must not be buried in strike, the movement will start soon let's wait and see the outcome of this meeting
obob if dem try bury am for strike,we go thief d corpse
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by cutz(f): 9:13am On Nov 23, 2013
Its time for another ASUU member to die, dey will continue to die if dey dnt end dis strike..

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Adex097: 9:15am On Nov 23, 2013
odizeey: Na dem safari gal type dem go dey gv bag of one milla,dem go say na lie na paper dey inside,.
Sorry my sister nigeria too g many badooos,n i knw say bad boys like tunechi don do u strong tyn,. Com to Jesus he will gv u rest n restore ur hope,even money to go sch,cos na from dat angle i dey see am to o(ego),d gal no just wan mk dem call d tyn off

Ma guy, wetin you dey talk
I swear, I'm *confused*
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Adex097: 9:16am On Nov 23, 2013
cutz: Its time for another ASUU member to die, dey will continue to die if dey dnt end dis strike..

Plz stop that!!!
Ma uncle is an ASUU member.
Plz watch wat you say!!!
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Johnklein(m): 9:20am On Nov 23, 2013
ASUU members neva wake up in d hotel??
some pple shld help dem check their rooms ooo hop dey are all still alive! !!!!!!
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by PrivateGuy: 9:20am On Nov 23, 2013
odizeey: Na dem safari gal type dem go dey gv bag of one milla,dem go say na lie na paper dey inside,.

you and your difficult pidgin
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by kenneyyice(m): 9:21am On Nov 23, 2013
todays news from The punch

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by odizeey(m): 9:23am On Nov 23, 2013
Adex097:

Ma guy, wetin you dey talk
I swear, I'm *confused*
u b ajebo na,go una section
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by odizeey(m): 9:23am On Nov 23, 2013
Private_Guy:

you and your difficult pidgin
made in ughelli
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by PrivateGuy: 9:24am On Nov 23, 2013
reports saying that the strike wud be called off maybe next week! We are tired of dis probability stuff! Damn-risky! They should jas jam their heads together and arrive at a meaningful conclusion.
Or do they want more members to die before they open their small eyes?
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by arewatech(m): 9:25am On Nov 23, 2013
Adex097:
[img]http://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1429881_bayero-university-attack_jpgca5979710fe81a5a2dcd683adc267b79[/img]
Lawd hav mercy !! shocked

See school gate shocked

old site. See pix of BUK new site gate.

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by PrivateGuy: 9:31am On Nov 23, 2013
arewatech:

old site. See pix of BUK new site gate.

bt the former is an apology sha! So it has been like that for many years b4 d renovation! Thank GOD For the transformatn
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by barbstee(m): 9:38am On Nov 23, 2013
I guess they made it a secret meeting because of their Dear lifes,the one they announced led 2 d death of a key member.I think they'll only announce d result of this their meetn whn they've all gotten to their various destinations, u can see they went their with their cars and nt union buses.Safe journey to them all.They should jst call off d strike ASAP
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by snoopy(m): 9:39am On Nov 23, 2013

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by olumide109(m): 9:41am On Nov 23, 2013
Johnklein: ASUU members neva wake up in d hotel??
some pple shld help dem check their rooms ooo hop dey are all still alive! !!!!!!
. Abi dem dun escape ni?
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by arewatech(m): 9:44am On Nov 23, 2013
Private_Guy:

bt the former is an apology sha! So it has been like that for many years b4 d renovation! Thank GOD For the transformatn

Not renovation bro, BUK have 2 sites in Kano.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by odizeey(m): 9:44am On Nov 23, 2013
Mr snoop,ur son in d pix (musbau el kanemi) understands me
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 9:45am On Nov 23, 2013
odizeey: Mr snoop,ur son in d pix (musbau el kanemi) understands me
u dis boy...what ar u doing here?
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by arewatech(m): 9:46am On Nov 23, 2013
Adex097:

Plz stop that!!!
Ma uncle is an ASUU member.
Plz watch wat you say!!!

So?

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 9:49am On Nov 23, 2013
Johnklein: ASUU members neva wake up in d hotel??
lmao!
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 9:50am On Nov 23, 2013
I told ya'll. Once again, give the student nearest to you a warm handshake.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by PrivateGuy: 9:50am On Nov 23, 2013
uniben call off strike ooo
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 9:50am On Nov 23, 2013
I told ya'll. Once again, give the student nearest to you a warm handshake. grin
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by odizeey(m): 9:50am On Nov 23, 2013
Mehlena: u dis boy...what ar u doing here?
na me u dey call dis boy? A whole proper culture man like me
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by westsyde92: 9:53am On Nov 23, 2013
kolawaxxy: I told ya'll. Once again, give the student nearest to you a warm handshake. grin
oya give us reason y mk we shake

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (109) (Reply)

Kogi State University, Anyigba 2012/2013, Admission Update / Nnamdi Azikiwe University Unizik 2015 - 2016 Final And Last Admission List / What GPA Is 2nd Class Upper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.