Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,591 members, 7,944,768 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 01:30 AM

All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 - Education (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 (203788 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / Meaning Of Some Words In Hon. Patrick's Speech On ASUU Strike / ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 11:34am On Nov 26, 2013
It doesn't have to make sense, all we knw is 'Ts so funny' *saddist*
Olril18:

make no sense whatsover
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 11:36am On Nov 26, 2013
He's got a life already 'comedian' and what can u do? Yahoo yahoo? It wnt last!
holarmideh:

Crap. Get a life niggi
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by gr3yb4ck(m): 11:38am On Nov 26, 2013
Nobody plays POLITICS better than "Nigerian Politician",the FG is defintely gonna rig this ASUU palaver,No salary for ASUU.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 11:38am On Nov 26, 2013
The much anticipated meeting between the
executive members of ASUU and President
Goodluck Jonathan over the lingering industrial
action was delayed on Monday due to some
protocol issues.
Although the President is back in the country
from his trip to London, ASUU officials that
were supposed to meet with him are already in
Abuja and awaiting further directive from the
State House inviting them for the meeting.
A source at the State House, however,
attributed the delay to protocol issues, stating
that the proposed meeting was not included in
the Presidents official itinerary for Monday.
ASUU which concluded its NEC meeting in
Kano at the weekend was expected to present
some of their resolutions to the President
before the strike which has lasted for almost
five months would be suspended.
At press time last night, it was gathered that
the union may have presented some conditions
unofficially to the Federal Government as
prerequisite for calling off the strike.
This, a source said, may not have gone down
well with the Presidency.
Source: DAILY INDEPENDENT
protocol issues.

protocol issues.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by odizeey(m): 11:52am On Nov 26, 2013
u guys should check dis out n give feedbacks--------http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principle_of_no-work-no-pay_(dies_non)
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Richydos(m): 11:59am On Nov 26, 2013
Brethen of our bloved universities,,,it baffles me that d nigerian studs will b xo mute with d ongoing strike knowing fully well dat we are d ones actually suffering from it.....but come 2 look @ both parties FG n ASUU,,,xme wks back they both had a crucial meeting of which d resolution was taken 2 various congresses whether 2 call off d strike or not!!! Dear brethen behold most skuls voted for a call off on a 60-40 range n if that b the case won't it b constitutional wise 4 ASUU 2 av called off d strike but bhold dey came up with fresh demands terming it conditions 2 call off d strike n seeking 2 see d presd again!!! All m asking ASUU is of wat use is d nec meeting wher votes were collated n majority agreed 2 call off d strike ......fellow nigerian studx itz high tym we voice out or else

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Olril18(m): 12:06pm On Nov 26, 2013
ASUU wack organisation
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by kolidave: 12:06pm On Nov 26, 2013
Richydos: Brethen of our bloved universities,,,it baffles me that d nigerian studs will b xo mute with d ongoing strike knowing fully well dat we are d ones actually suffering from it.....but come 2 look @ both parties FG n ASUU,,,xme wks back they both had a crucial meeting of which d resolution was taken 2 various congresses whether 2 call off d strike or not!!! Dear brethen behold most skuls voted for a call off on a 60-40 range n if that b the case won't it b constitutional wise 4 ASUU 2 av called off d strike but bhold dey came up with fresh demands terming it conditions 2 call off d strike n seeking 2 see d presd again!!! All m asking ASUU is of wat use is d nec meeting wher votes were collated n majority agreed 2 call off d strike ......fellow nigerian studx itz high tym we voice out or else
start the voicing out campaign/protest and we'll join u. Be our leader. (mtcheeew,easier said than done)
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Olril18(m): 12:10pm On Nov 26, 2013
Richydos: Brethen of our bloved universities,,,it baffles me that d nigerian studs will b xo mute with d ongoing strike knowing fully well dat we are d ones actually suffering from it.....but come 2 look @ both parties FG n ASUU,,,xme wks back they both had a crucial meeting of which d resolution was taken 2 various congresses whether 2 call off d strike or not!!! Dear brethen behold most skuls voted for a call off on a 60-40 range n if that b the case won't it b constitutional wise 4 ASUU 2 av called off d strike but bhold dey came up with fresh demands terming it conditions 2 call off d strike n seeking 2 see d presd again!!! All m asking ASUU is of wat use is d nec meeting wher votes were collated n majority agreed 2 call off d strike ......fellow nigerian studx itz high tym we voice out or else

keep on preaching!!!, wat u advocate for is d truth,but men,na nigeria u dey,people would not even blink an eye
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Olril18(m): 12:16pm On Nov 26, 2013
thisisayus: It doesn't have to make sense, all we knw is 'Ts so funny' *saddist*

my opinion does not make me a saddist...and search the word "saddist" again in ur dictionary,to see the right meaning
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Osgilliat(m): 12:24pm On Nov 26, 2013
To the students that want to take action rather than shouting ASUU ASUU...let us show these bastards son of a thousand fathers what we are capable of...whenever,wherever you sighted ASUU bus or any inscription of ASUU on anything just pick up a stone and cast the first stone on those heartless organisation because you earned it and work away and you will be surprised after some minutes.let the rage of student complete what you have started.I think when faggae sees some headlines like ENRAGED STUDENTS DESRTOYED ASUU VEHICLE IN ABUJA YESTERDAY.that might trigger his sense of reasoning that ASUU strike has lost its cause,when lecturers at unilag can protest the opting out of the strike then how much more of we.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by PatEinstEin(m): 12:25pm On Nov 26, 2013
Olril18:

my opinion does not make me a saddist...and search the word "saddist" again in ur dictionary,to see the right meaning
SADDIST no dey my dictionary undecided
But I c sadist grin
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by PatEinstEin(m): 12:27pm On Nov 26, 2013
Osgilliat: To the students that want to take action rather than shouting ASUU ASUU...let us show these bastards son of a thousand fathers what we are capable of...whenever,wherever you sighted ASUU bus or any inscription of ASUU on anything just pick up a stone and cast the first stone on those heartless organisation because you earned it and work away and you will be surprised after some minutes.let the rage of student complete what you have started.
U cast d first stone grin
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Jozeeprosper(m): 12:33pm On Nov 26, 2013
@complete1 fenkz for ur updates yesterday though the outcome was not as expected. Nyc job bro.

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by odizeey(m): 12:36pm On Nov 26, 2013
Pat £inst£in:

U cast d first stone grin
let who is without sin b d forst to cast d stone
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 12:40pm On Nov 26, 2013
i am boiling writing this shit, what is national youth council of Nigeria doing? where is national association of Nigerian students leaders? what is the usefulness of conference of student union presidents? dont we have radical youth movements? until anybody answer this questions, am totally fed up.....
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by mondi2: 12:43pm On Nov 26, 2013
ASUU should please call-off the strike and allow the student to back to school. Student are tired of staying @ home. ASUU PLEASEEEEE!
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by PatEinstEin(m): 12:45pm On Nov 26, 2013
mondi2: ASUU should please call-off the strike and allow the student to back to school. Student are tired of staying @ home. ASUU PLEASEEEEE!
undecided
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 12:48pm On Nov 26, 2013
so after all this suffering, my lecturer will still prefer not to come to class, the man show us pepper, i swear to god i will expose him once i graduate...stupid set of human beings.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by oyedun82(m): 12:53pm On Nov 26, 2013
ASUU don block una source of income U com dey chek 'all ASUU
strike news' evry 5 minute.

NO GO FIND WORK DO
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by BossTtdiamonds(m): 12:58pm On Nov 26, 2013
So packed my things down to school... For nothin'...

F*ck...

I'mma wait till the end of the week ya'll... Cuz one thin' I'm sure of is... Of the strike aint called off in November.... Shey na January them wan call am off nii...??
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 12:59pm On Nov 26, 2013
oyedun82: ASUU don block una source of income U com dey chek 'all ASUU
strike news' evry 5 minute. NO GO FIND WORK DO

According to your point of view, i can sense you are a school drop out, so you dont have an iota how we feel.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Fynestboi: 1:00pm On Nov 26, 2013
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Fynestboi: 1:01pm On Nov 26, 2013
ASUU STRIKE Update: FG, Lawmakers to meet ASUU over new demand – Education Minister

The Supervising Minister of Education, Nyesom Wike has condemned the new conditions set out by the leadership of ASUU as a yardstick to call off its over four month old strike.

The minister, who said he was going to meet with President Goodluck Jonathan on the development, said the union wants immediate implementation of the N1.2 trillion offered by the government to public universities, starting with the release of N100 billion this year and the balance of N1.1 trillion to be spread over five years from 2014.

Wike, who spoke in Abuja on Monday added, that the Union though indicated readiness to call off the over-prolonged industrial action.

He stressed that the Federal Government and members of the National Assembly would engage the union further on its decision.

According to him, “ASUU has given new conditions, after they had an agreement with President Goodluck Jonathan at the Villa.

“He said, he would meet with the President on the new conditions by ASUU. Among the three conditions given by ASUU in order to end the strike were payment of four months salary arrears which accumulated during the period of the strike; immediate implementation of the N1.2 trillion offered by the government to public universities, starting with the release of N100bn this year and the balance of N1.1tn to be spread over five years from 2014”.

The union also demanded that the salary arrears must not be paid piecemeal. These were some of the resolutions reached by members of the National Executive Council of the union that met in Kano on Friday which has been sent to the Federal Government before they will call off the strike.

Reports indicated that the university lecturers in Nigeria have agreed to end the five-month old strike by ASUU. If the Federal Government agrees to three conditions.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by kolidave: 1:06pm On Nov 26, 2013
Emzybrown:

According to your point of view, i can sense you are a school drop out, so you dont have an iota how we feel.

haha I dey feel u
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 1:09pm On Nov 26, 2013
I give up abeg...it's obvious the strike wont be suspended this year. ASUU una don do una own o #angry student#
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by marcangelo(m): 1:27pm On Nov 26, 2013
Hmmm...
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by marcangelo(m): 1:28pm On Nov 26, 2013
If dat old sayin dat wen u sneeze,it means someone is talkin about u somewhere is true... Then imagine if ASUU was d name of a person and wat'll be like every second since July for ASUU...
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by kolidave: 1:34pm On Nov 26, 2013
marcangelo: If dat old sayin dat wen u sneeze,it means someone is talkin about u somewhere is true... Then imagine if ASUU was d name of a person and wat'll be like every second since July for ASUU...
lol. Wetin dis one dey talk? O_o
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by marcangelo(m): 1:39pm On Nov 26, 2013
kolidave: lol. Wetin dis one dey talk? O_o
Marcangelo; "Can't u imagine?"

Kolidave; "Yes i can"..

Marcangelo; "then imagine it"..

5 seconds later....

Kolidave; "ok, yes i see.lol..."

Marcangelo; "u fil me?"...

kolidave; "yes boss"...
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by kolidave: 1:44pm On Nov 26, 2013
marcangelo: Marcangelo; "Can't u imagine?"

Kolidave; "Yes i can"..

Marcangelo; "then imagine it"..

5 seconds later....

Kolidave; "ok, yes i see.lol..."

Marcangelo; "u fil me?"...

kolidave; "yes boss"...

lmaooooooooo. Hahahahahahaha. U sure say u well so? U don use ur drugz?

2 Likes

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Richydos(m): 1:52pm On Nov 26, 2013
kolidave: start the voicing out campaign/protest and we'll join u. Be our leader. (mtcheeew,easier said than done)

Mst u poo shit outta ur mouth bcox u'v got a means 2 da internet.....i bet u dnt even av a school cert nt 2 talk of bein an undergraduate,,,,4 all i wz suggesting was 4 we all 2 stand up 2 voice out our tiredness of being @ hme cox we are suppose 2 be in classes!!! A whole semester lost n still counting Aint it bothering u

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (109) (Reply)

LAUTECH 2014/2015 Admission Thread / Kogi State University, Anyigba 2012/2013, Admission Update / Nnamdi Azikiwe University Unizik 2015 - 2016 Final And Last Admission List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.