Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,344 members, 7,917,072 topics. Date: Saturday, 10 August 2024 at 05:15 PM

All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 - Education (81) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 (203590 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / Meaning Of Some Words In Hon. Patrick's Speech On ASUU Strike / ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Otunbalarry: 3:45pm On Dec 03, 2013
otokx:

This is a big lie, ASUU meeting held at PS Hall today resolved to continue the strike.
what are you saying bro,what do u expect ASUU uniport to say,were u expecting them to say d strike has ended?the skul management pulled awt and that is it! ASUU uniport hasnt pulled awt bt uniport as an institution has pulled awt.Are you clearer nau bro?
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by complete1(m): 3:46pm On Dec 03, 2013
otokx:

This is a big lie, ASUU meeting held at PS Hall today resolved to continue the strike.
and if it comes out to b truth will u start trusting me?u never did trust me,not ur fault tho,just watch out for d news,i dont just post but wen i do BELIEVE
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by odizeey(m): 3:48pm On Dec 03, 2013
otokx:

We dey gidigba; like mount zion, we shall not be moved.
tym shall tell o
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by otokx(m): 3:49pm On Dec 03, 2013
complete1: and if it comes out to b truth will u start trusting me?u never did trust me,not ur fault tho,just watch out for d news,i dont just post but wen i do BELIEVE

I am on ground dude, stop telling lies, its not good.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by alcuin(m): 3:50pm On Dec 03, 2013
Please, guys understand that ASUU is still on strike.

The universities' management are declaring resumption dates for students and lecturers.

The idea is that any lecturer who doesn't turn up will forfeit his/her job.

Many local ASUU chapters' chairmen are fuming that the strike will continue and that lecturers should not resume.

They (ASUU) even advised parents not to release their children. But, as parents and students, we don't take instruction from ASUU since we are not members.

The only authority we obey is school authority. If school says, as is the case of UNIBEN, that exams commence on the 6th of January, who are we, the students, to object or defile them because ASUU says so? The same ASUU that did not consult us before going on strike and also trying to make us as collateral damage since they can not even forfeit their salaries.

Summary:
This is a tension between ASUU and management.

3 Likes

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by otokx(m): 3:54pm On Dec 03, 2013
alcuin: Please, guys understand that ASUU is still on strike.

The universities' management are declaring resumption dates for students and lecturers.

The idea is that any lecturer who doesn't turn up will forfeit his/her job.

Many local ASUU chapters' chairmen are fuming that the strike will continue and that lecturers should not resume.

They (ASUU) even advised parents not to release their children. But, as parents and students, we don't take instruction from ASUU since we are not members.

The only authority obey is school authority. If school says, as the case of UNIBEN, that exams commence on the 6th of January, who are we, the students to object, or defile them because ASUU says so?

Summary:
This is a tension between ASUU and management.

students especially guys please come to school, come and be a living witness but have your i.d. card on you at all times.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by alcuin(m): 3:56pm On Dec 03, 2013
otokx:

students especially guys please come to school, come and be a living witness but have your i.d. card on you at all times.

Why
Is ASUU planning to beat up students now?? grin
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by tlaret24(m): 3:58pm On Dec 03, 2013
ASUU STRIKE LATEST: FG Bows To ASUU, N200b Paid
Into CBN for VarsitiesL-R – President Goodluck Jonathan in a handshake
with the President of Academic Staff Union of
Universities, Dr.Nasiru Isa Fagge. With them is Prof.
Biodun Ogunyemi during the meeting with the
President at the State House Abuja on Monday.
PHOTO: AKIN OLADOKUN.
ASUU STRIKE LATEST: FG Bows To ASUU, N200b Paid
Into CBN for Varsities
SOURCE: PM NEWS LAGOS
Barely twenty four hours to the expiration of the 4
December ultimatum Federal Government gave
members of the Academic Staff Union of Universities
(ASUU) to resume classes or be sacked, the federal
government this morning bowed to one of the
demands of the lecturers by paying N200 billion into
an account opened with the Central Bank of Nigeria,
CBN.
Disclosing this on Channels Television programme
‘Sunrise Daily’ this morning, Dr. Doyin Okupe, Senior
Special Assistant to the President on Public Affairs
confirmed that the N200b demanded by ASUU to be
paid into an account with the CBN has been done.
The amount is meant for renewal of infrastructure
facilities in public universities in the country.
But ASUU President, Dr. Nasir Fage Isa, accused the
government of being insincere in its dealing with the
striking lecturers. He urged the government to
respond to its letter demanding the fulfillment of
some conditions for it to call off the strike.
Okupe said that from the government’s perspective,
everything that needs to be done has been done and
whether the strike would be called off or not now lies
in the hands of the leadership of ASUU.
He said that most of the demands of the Academic
Staff Union of Nigerian Universities, ASUU, have been
agreed upon at the 13-hour meeting they had with
the President in October.
“At the end of that meeting, the Government
proposed that everything that has been agreed
should be put in a memorandum of agreement and
that the two parties should sign, but the leadership
of ASUU declined and said instead of that, they would
rather have a letter of comfort expressing everything
that has been resolved therein, and that will suffice
for them.”
According to him, the Government agreed to their
request and issued the said letter based on the
agreement that the strike would be called off within
7 days. However, this did not happen “in spite of the
fact that the ASUU leadership presented the letter of
comfort to its chapters nationwide and a clear
majority of them endorsed the resolutions reached
and actually were more inclined towards calling off
the strike.”
www.osundefender.org/?p=134869

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by complete1(m): 4:00pm On Dec 03, 2013
otokx:

I am on ground dude, stop telling lies, its not good.
hope u're getting my point here?i didnt say ASUU has called off strike i said uniport has pulled out,skul resumes 8th,lectures strts 9th
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by alcuin(m): 4:04pm On Dec 03, 2013
complete1: hope u're getting my point here?i didnt say ASUU has called off strike i said uniport has pulled out,skul resumes 8th,lectures strts 9th

I guess that is the misconception here.

ASUU and School management are two different entities.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Otunbalarry: 4:11pm On Dec 03, 2013
jayjam: THEY SEEM TO BE ALIVE AFTERALL!!! News emanating from a trusted source on OAU Campus in ile-ife has it that a meeting was held and these conclusions were reached: 1)that there will be a disbursement of certain funds(cn't decipher wat d money is all abt) 2)an academic timetable released forthwith but subject to approval by the senate after the money sharing brouhaha 3)that a resumption date may have been slated for sunday. GREAT IFE's! U cn contact ur frnds on campus or in ife to confirm cos me myself is still skeptical abt dat sunday date
i jst hope dis turns awt to be true,if u get any oda info pls share it o..tanx
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by otokx(m): 4:24pm On Dec 03, 2013
complete1: hope u're getting my point here?i didnt say ASUU has called off strike i said uniport has pulled out,skul resumes 8th,lectures strts 9th

bros are you now changing mouth?
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by otokx(m): 4:27pm On Dec 03, 2013
alcuin:

Why
Is ASUU planning to beat up students now?? grin

nah, just for security reasons.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by otokx(m): 4:31pm On Dec 03, 2013
Otunbalarry: what are you saying bro,what do u expect ASUU uniport to say,were u expecting them to say d strike has ended?the skul management pulled awt and that is it! ASUU uniport hasnt pulled awt bt uniport as an institution has pulled awt.Are you clearer nau bro?

ASUU uniport can opt/pull out but that is not the case. Uniport has reopened is different from ASUU has called off. Let us not say half truths and outright lies.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by jayjam(m): 4:33pm On Dec 03, 2013
Otunbalarry: i jst hope dis turns awt to be true,if u get any oda info pls share it o..tanx
I will,bro
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Vladm(m): 4:34pm On Dec 03, 2013
Wen ksu go pull out na.....
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by smithutomi: 4:44pm On Dec 03, 2013
Once d 200B naira has been confirmed in d CBN account. Plz ASUU call of dis strike. N let peace return to d educational sector of d country
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by smithutomi: 4:45pm On Dec 03, 2013
Besides...no matta how long u guyz remain on strike Jonathan will still win d nxt election...lol grin
Apc n d rest...lmao tongue
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by otokx(m): 4:48pm On Dec 03, 2013
smithutomi: Once d 200B naira has been confirmed in d CBN account. Plz ASUU call of dis strike. N let peace return to d educational sector of d country

let dem sign, d 100b dey promised for this year nko, nothing new.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by PatEinstEin(m): 4:54pm On Dec 03, 2013
otokx:

Hey, oga make sure say u wear ur spectacles b4 u comment 4 here. Oya wear am read wetin complete1 write b4 angry :

'Finally i got back to port harcourt because i heard a meeting might hold and for sure i was there when d meeting came to conclusion UNIPORT pulls out of the strike'

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by complete1(m): 4:54pm On Dec 03, 2013
otokx:

are u kidding me?were did i change mouth,pls go tru all d post i never did say ASUU have called off strike,i started by saying uniport pulls out,and were u at d senate building dis morning?i dont give out wat i dont know.enof said ok?
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by xrush(m): 5:11pm On Dec 03, 2013
@complete1, y r u disturbing urself. Dis otox of a dude only knows ow to read wen it is read to him. Abeg, save ur energy. ..
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by complete1(m): 5:18pm On Dec 03, 2013
xrush: @complete1, y r u disturbing urself. Dis otox of a dude only knows ow to read wen it is read to him. Abeg, save ur energy. ..
grin d guy put small fear for ma body oo,me sef come find wer i change mouth
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by otokx(m): 5:18pm On Dec 03, 2013
complete1: are u kidding me?were did i change mouth,pls go tru all d post i never did say ASUU have called off strike,i started by saying uniport pulls out,and were u at d senate building dis morning?i dont give out wat i dont know.enof said ok?

i was at ps hall where it was happening live, ait too was there.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 5:30pm On Dec 03, 2013
Monday no too far. We shall knw weda na ASUU or VCs get uniport. Buh i criously doubt lectures will hold cuz a lecturer swore to me dt he wont be cming to class 2 days ago even if uniport pulls out, i doubt if he has changed his mind. #Fact
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by phemmyjohnson: 5:30pm On Dec 03, 2013
The President of the Academic
Staff Union of Universities
(ASUU), Dr Nasir Issa-Fagge on
Tuesday queried the Federal
Government for not formally
communicating the opening of
an account credited with the
sum of N200 billion in the
Central Bank to the union.
Noting that ASUU operates as a
democratic institution, Fagge
revealed that the union
“requested that once that is
done (bank account opening)
and the committee that is
supposed to disburse the funds
start working, our members will
have no reason not to suspend
the strike action” insisting that
the “most important part of this
thing at this point is that let there
be documentation”.
He said the union is insisting on
documentation for the fear of
not having to re-embark on
another action “for government
not meeting the requirement,
particularly the promises Mr
President has made”.
“Why won’t government make
available this money so that we
know the money is there and the
universities commence drawing
from this money to address the
problem of decay in
infrastructure, teaching and
research facilities? When that is
done, our members will suspend
the strike” he promised.
Speaking from the Abuja studios
of Channels Television during
Sunrise Daily, he berated the fact
that other unions had to re-
embark on the strike actions due
to the failure of the Federal
Government to keep to promises
made to the striking unions.
Debunking claims that the ASUU
is not speaking with one voice,
Fagge maintained that “Our
members do not play a role in
closing or opening universities, if
the university administration
decides to open a university, they
can go ahead and do that”
noting that “it is their own
responsibility” insisting that “our
members will not be there to
teach”.
Fagge expressed disappointment
in the way a previous
memoranda signed by the
Permanent Secretary of the
Ministry of Education and
authored by the Secretary to the
Government of the Federation
was “disowned virtually by
government” explaining the
reason behind the union’s
request that a person higher
than the Permanent Secretary of
the Ministry of Education sign the
recent document, and not
necessarily the Attorney-General
of the Federation.
The fiery-speaking Fagge
revealed that members of the
union also have children in the
closed universities....
www.channelstv.com/home/2013/12/03/ASUU-to-suspend-strike-if-government-releases-funds-fagge/

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by phemmyjohnson: 5:31pm On Dec 03, 2013
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by chinakanelson(m): 5:36pm On Dec 03, 2013
Pls do u guys have any news abt FUTO pls update
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by smithutomi: 5:40pm On Dec 03, 2013
otokx:

let dem sign, d 100b dey promised for this year nko, nothing new.
it is 200B naira for 2013. N it has been released. Get current bro...lol. ASUU just calld of d strike. Una mata don end
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Tosdam(m): 5:43pm On Dec 03, 2013
phemmy johnson: ..

All is well
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by otokx(m): 5:45pm On Dec 03, 2013
smithutomi: it is 200B naira for 2013. N it has been released. Get current bro...lol. ASUU just calld of d strike. Una mata don end

The truth will prevail.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by xoctic: 5:46pm On Dec 03, 2013
Uniport pulls out of ASUU today and resumes on 8th of dec http://iuniport.netsob.com/news/2013/12/03/uniport-pulls-out-of-ASUU-strike/

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (109) (Reply)

Kogi State University, Anyigba 2012/2013, Admission Update / Nnamdi Azikiwe University Unizik 2015 - 2016 Final And Last Admission List / What GPA Is 2nd Class Upper

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.