Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,914 members, 7,949,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 08:41 PM

All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 - Education (83) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 (203897 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / Meaning Of Some Words In Hon. Patrick's Speech On ASUU Strike / ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by otokx(m): 10:36pm On Dec 03, 2013
Olril18:
while i.agreed with that,u seems to be an attention seeker here...
moreover i haven't. seen any useful information u have posted dan attacking people's post...
so who exactly are u mr man??

you will not see any useful information but the truth will prevail
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by kavey10(m): 10:39pm On Dec 03, 2013
Olril18:
while i.agreed with that,u seems to be an attention seeker here...
moreover i haven't. seen any useful information u have posted dan attacking people's post...
so who exactly are u mr man??

You are on point guy, I just don't get why he just goes around the Education Section criticizing people's comments or info yet he hasn't none to share(rational info that is). Like you rightly said, he is just an attention seeker! Otokx get a life! If you don't know, you are no different from a primary school bully!
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by otokx(m): 10:47pm On Dec 03, 2013
kavey10:

You are on point guy, I just don't get why he just goes around the Education Section criticizing people's comments or info yet he hasn't none to share(rational info that is). Like you rightly said, he is just an attention seeker! Otokx get a life! If you don't know, you are no different from a primary school bully!

God bless you, anybody that will not repeat the wiles of the FG is not rational.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by eme40rald(f): 10:58pm On Dec 03, 2013
osemu8: Some Lecturers have signed the register at uniben,who wan lose e job,I am laughing in esan language,
lol
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by kavey10(m): 11:04pm On Dec 03, 2013
otokx:

God bless you, anybody that will not repeat the wiles of the FG is not rational.

So, what the government have been doing recently, if the news we read are anything to go by is not genuine enough? Don't get me wrong here that the FG doesn't have its faults but hey ASUU, these guys are your EMPLOYERS. They've(FG) made their sacrifices, ASUU it's your turn. You are negotiating, you have to compromise something.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Olril18(m): 11:08pm On Dec 03, 2013
otokx:

you will not see any useful information but the truth will prevail
im never in support of fg,but mr ASUU,wat u must know is that both fg and.ASUU are guilty,they.are as to blame as each.other...
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by otokx(m): 11:10pm On Dec 03, 2013
kavey10:

So, what the government have been doing recently, if the news we read are anything to go by is not genuine enough? Don't get me wrong here that the FG doesn't have its faults but hey ASUU, these guys are your EMPLOYERS. They've(FG) made their sacrifices, ASUU it's your turn. You are negotiating, you have to compromise something.

We have compromised a lot, FG said they released 110billion this year in october, this is december, not a kobo because it was on the pages of newspaper.

FG said they will release 200bn in 2014, oya sign in the presence of NLC and they are just going all over the place.

Shey Doyin Okupe could not say any meaningful thing on channels when put pari pasu with ASUU chairman.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by otokx(m): 11:12pm On Dec 03, 2013
Olril18:
im never in support of fg,but mr ASUU,wat u must know is that both fg and.ASUU are guilty,they.are as to blame as each.other...

Its alright if you say both are to blame, but the actions of FG will elongate this strike by many more days especially the signing of register.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by chidi2pus(m): 11:31pm On Dec 03, 2013
otokx:

Its alright if you say both are to blame, but the actions of FG will elongate this strike by many more days especially the signing of register.

Why are you sounding like a pessimist bro ?

You seem not to like the fact that this strike will soon be called off

Can it be that you're fed up ?

Wad up man
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Calebsky(m): 11:46pm On Dec 03, 2013
BREAKING NEWS: F.G extends resumption deadline for Nigerian University lecturers to December 9
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by BossTtdiamonds(m): 12:04am On Dec 04, 2013
Calebsky: BREAKING NEWS: F.G extends resumption deadline for Nigerian University lecturers to December 9
I thought they said the death of the late Prof. ain't a reason ASUU should have extended the date of their NEC meetin'.. Now they're doin' the same thin' they were once against... They've seen the whole threat ish ain't workin' out... sooner or later they'll extend the resumption deadline indefinitely..
My advice sign the sh*t and let's get on with our lives...

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 3:51am On Dec 04, 2013
Mumu stay at home and watch what wil hapen after dec 9th,u think fg cant sack lecturer and employ new ones?a nation with or above 150million pple with over 20million unemployed pple who ar qualified,u must b joking 2 think fg cant sack lecturers(lucifers),meanwhile lectuers in UAM are signing d register in large numbers(apc's e-worriors will doubt this) JEG ADMSTN is full of suprises,it will amaze u only a matter of time!
Boss Ttdiamonds:
I thought they said the death of the late Prof. ain't a reason ASUU should have extended the date of their NEC meetin'.. Now they're doin' the same thin' they were once against... They've seen the whole threat ish ain't workin' out... sooner or later they'll extend the resumption deadline indefinitely..
My advice sign the sh*t and let's get on with our lives...
Mumu stay at home and watch what wil hapen after dec 9th,u think fg cant sack lecturer and employ new ones?a nation with or above 150million pple with over 20million unemployed pple who ar qualified,u must b joking 2 think fg cant sack lecturers(lucifers),meanwhile lectuers in UAM are signing d register in large numbers(apc's e-worriors will doubt this) JEG ADMSTN is full of suprises,it will amaze u only a matter of time!
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by BossTtdiamonds(m): 6:06am On Dec 04, 2013
Otenestbestyaho: Mumu stay at home and watch what wil hapen after dec 9th,u think fg cant sack lecturer and employ new ones?a nation with or above 150million pple with over 20million unemployed pple who ar qualified,u must b joking 2 think fg cant sack lecturers(lucifers),meanwhile lectuers in UAM are signing d register in large numbers(apc's e-worriors will doubt this) JEG ADMSTN is full of suprises,it will amaze u only a matter of time! Mumu stay at home and watch what wil hapen after dec 9th,u think fg cant sack lecturer and employ new ones?a nation with or above 150million pple with over 20million unemployed pple who ar qualified,u must b joking 2 think fg cant sack lecturers(lucifers),meanwhile lectuers in UAM are signing d register in large numbers(apc's e-worriors will doubt this) JEG ADMSTN is full of suprises,it will amaze u only a matter of time!
You're so dumb you even stutter while you type...
Come back when you actually do think straight..and express yourself in proper dictions....
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by sambas: 6:56am On Dec 04, 2013
The Nigerian
government has
extended the
deadline on an
ultimatum issued to
striking university
lecturers, asking
them to go ‘Back to
Class’ on December 4
or face being sacked.
With the deadline
extended to December
9, lecturers are no
longer expected to
resume duties as
required by the seven-
day ultimatum issued
by the Supervising
Minister of Education,
Nyesom Wike, on
November 28.
The Executive Secretary
of the National
Universities Commission
(NUC), Professor Julius
Okogie, told journalists
in Abuja on Tuesday
that the ultimatum had
been shifted to enable
the Academic Staff
Union of Universities
(ASUU) carry out the
burial ceremony of
Professor Festus Iyayi, a
former leader of the
union who died in the
line of duty.
In a bid to lay to rest
the issue of non-
victimisation that the
striking lecturers had
stressed in a letter to the
government before the
ultimatum was issued,
the NUC boss stated
that all lecturers, who
would resume duties
and ready to work on
December 9 would be
paid their full salary
arrears.
The public universities’
lecturers have not been
paid since they
embarked on a
nationwide strike on
July 1. They have, by
invoking the non-
victimisation clause,
demanded that all the
arrears must be paid.
He, however, pointed
out that the leadership
of ASUU, at the end of
its meeting with the
president on November
4, had agreed to call off
the strike after several
resolutions were
reached which did not
include the new
conditions recently
released by the union.
The union said it did
not add any new
condition but only
emphasised the non-
victimisation clause,
which states that no
member of the union
should be punished for
being part of the
ongoing strike.
It claims the
government was aware
of the clause and called
for the payment of the
salary arrears.
It has also insisted that
the government deposit
the 200 billion Naira
revitalisation fund for
public universities as
agreed with the Central
Bank of Nigeria, before
the strike would be
called off.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by sambas: 6:57am On Dec 04, 2013
Source; channelstv and ait
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by mcshol(m): 7:05am On Dec 04, 2013
sambas: The Nigerian
government has
extended the
deadline on an
ultimatum issued to
striking university
lecturers, asking
them to go ‘Back to
Class’ on December 4
or face being sacked.
With the deadline
extended to December
9, lecturers are no
longer expected to
resume duties as
required by the seven-
day ultimatum issued
by the Supervising
Minister of Education,
Nyesom Wike, on
November 28.
The Executive Secretary
of the National
Universities Commission
(NUC), Professor Julius
Okogie, told journalists
in Abuja on Tuesday
that the ultimatum had
been shifted to enable
the Academic Staff
Union of Universities
(ASUU) carry out the
burial ceremony of
Professor Festus Iyayi, a
former leader of the
union who died in the
line of duty.
In a bid to lay to rest
the issue of non-
victimisation that the
striking lecturers had
stressed in a letter to the
government before the
ultimatum was issued,
the NUC boss stated
that all lecturers, who
would resume duties
and ready to work on
December 9 would be
paid their full salary
arrears.
The public universities’
lecturers have not been
paid since they
embarked on a
nationwide strike on
July 1. They have, by
invoking the non-
victimisation clause,
demanded that all the
arrears must be paid.
He, however, pointed
out that the leadership
of ASUU, at the end of
its meeting with the
president on November
4, had agreed to call off
the strike after several
resolutions were
reached which did not
include the new
conditions recently
released by the union.
The union said it did
not add any new
condition but only
emphasised the non-
victimisation clause,
which states that no
member of the union
should be punished for
being part of the
ongoing strike.
It claims the
government was aware
of the clause and called
for the payment of the
salary arrears.
It has also insisted that
the government deposit
the 200 billion Naira
revitalisation fund for
public universities as
agreed with the Central
Bank of Nigeria, before
the strike would be
called off.
oooo. Y na. In my own opinion govt is quite spineless.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Olril18(m): 7:23am On Dec 04, 2013
otokx:

whatever...u sound like a #sadist#
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by complete1(m): 7:35am On Dec 04, 2013
Good morin ladies smiley....ok and guys sad well a correspondent at d news desk of our's spoke to d NLC leader on a phone chat yesterday,here's jst a summary of d conversation n d part most useful to us.he said d country is going tru a hard face dat will lead to d reduction of corruption(like we care),wen asked abt d threat by FG to ASUU he said dat der might b no need for a mass sacking of lecturers because d strike MIGHT b called off soon(we've heard dat lk a million times),he is lk a mediator in d ongoing process between fg and ASUU,saying dat d way tins are goin rite now will yield a welcome news,he also said dat d ASUU chairman has nt since d last meeting met wit d president,he also said d president cant keep attending in person to each union pointing out dat is shameful to d NFF board dat d president now has to b d one allocating fund to coaches,if only his workers can see how hard he's trying to make d country a better place and stand up to d challange.well our main concern is dat d strike might b called off to prevent further difficult issues
PLEASE:i want to rock minds wit someone that knows much abt computer,a social type,have a little knowledge of simple issues flying in d country and basically a uniport student,an idea came up to me while i was @ d senate building yesterday
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by urchman101(m): 7:41am On Dec 04, 2013
complete1: Good morin ladies smiley....ok and guys sad well a correspondent at d news desk of our's spoke to d NLC leader on a phone chat yesterday,here's jst a summary of d conversation n d part most useful to us.he said d country is going tru a hard face dat will lead to d reduction of corruption(like we care),wen asked abt d threat by FG to ASUU he said dat der might b no need for a mass sacking of lecturers because d strike MIGHT b called off soon(we've heard dat lk a million times),he is lk a mediator in d ongoing process between fg and ASUU,saying dat d way tins are goin rite now will yield a welcome news,he also said dat d ASUU chairman has nt since d last meeting met wit d president,he also said d president cant keep attending in person to each union pointing out dat is shameful to d NFF board dat d president now has to b d one allocating fund to coaches,if only his workers can see how hard he's trying to make d country a better place and stand up to d challange.well our main concern is dat d strike might b called off to prevent further difficult issues
PLEASE:i want to rock minds wit someone that knows much abt computer,a social type,have a little knowledge of simple issues flying in d country and basically a uniport student,an idea came up to me while i was @ d senate building yesterday
i have sent you a PM.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Samgreguc(m): 7:47am On Dec 04, 2013
complete1: Good morin ladies smiley....ok and guys sad well a correspondent at d news desk of our's spoke to d NLC leader on a phone chat yesterday,here's jst a summary of d conversation n d part most useful to us.he said d country is going tru a hard face dat will lead to d reduction of corruption(like we care),wen asked abt d threat by FG to ASUU he said dat der might b no need for a mass sacking of lecturers because d strike MIGHT b called off soon(we've heard dat lk a million times),he is lk a mediator in d ongoing process between fg and ASUU,saying dat d way tins are goin rite now will yield a welcome news,he also said dat d ASUU chairman has nt since d last meeting met wit d president,he also said d president cant keep attending in person to each union pointing out dat is shameful to d NFF board dat d president now has to b d one allocating fund to coaches,if only his workers can see how hard he's trying to make d country a better place and stand up to d challange.well our main concern is dat d strike might b called off to prevent further difficult issues
I dey hear. Just that I havn't done a semester in UNIPORT(a freshear). Knows averagely about computer, very social and know about many news flying in the country.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by mcshol(m): 7:48am On Dec 04, 2013
Dis is just d reason y i hate commenting. I just wrote a meaningful post. Bt nairaland wont show. U gus are lieing jor. U said an unexpected error happened. Y will it be in my own post. Dats y dis country will never move forward.

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by complete1(m): 7:56am On Dec 04, 2013
urchman101:
i have sent you a PM.
alrite i'll check dat later smiley
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by complete1(m): 7:58am On Dec 04, 2013
Samgreguc:
I dey hear. Just that I havn't done a semester in UNIPORT(a freshear). Knows averagely about computer, very social and know about many news flying in the country.
ok,lets see how it goes wen we resume
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by mvem(m): 8:04am On Dec 04, 2013
Otenestbestyaho: Mumu stay at home and watch what wil hapen after dec 9th,u think fg cant sack lecturer and employ new ones?a nation with or above 150million pple with over 20million unemployed pple who ar qualified,u must b joking 2 think fg cant sack lecturers(lucifers),meanwhile lectuers in UAM are signing d register in large numbers(apc's e-worriors will doubt this) JEG ADMSTN is full of suprises,it will amaze u only a matter of time! Mumu stay at home and watch what wil hapen after dec 9th,u think fg cant sack lecturer and employ new ones?a nation with or above 150million pple with over 20million unemployed pple who ar qualified,u must b joking 2 think fg cant sack lecturers(lucifers),meanwhile lectuers in UAM are signing d register in large numbers(apc's e-worriors will doubt this) JEG ADMSTN is full of suprises,it will amaze u only a matter of time!
....We go see who be the mumu....everytin APC....u be Goodluck jonathan die hard fan abi.......Dey insult people anyhow...watch wetin go happen....So u think FG go sack lectures all of dem...i doubt if u re a student, for what u wrote is mumuish...Dat there are professors and drs dat re unemployed on d streets...guy re u a student...u dnt understand d educational system, and u say u go to a university...Every one can u see what we are talking about...You re victim of d poor educational system in nigeria waiting to graduate and join d unemployed graduates...as if shell work dey wait for u....in d educational systen a lecturer grows...from assisatant lecturer to lecturer 2 den lecturer 1 den snr lecturer...u do ur phD den become a dr...den after a professor ...all dese take not less than 25 years and u sayin FG can sack all of dem and recruit from d street....I mourn for you...i cry for you...For i see u in motor park in future...maybe u one already....Nonsense
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by nerodenero: 8:15am On Dec 04, 2013
Faggae is on AIT live discussing ASUU and FG's palaver
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by nerodenero: 8:24am On Dec 04, 2013
Few summary of Faggae's submissions as aired by Kaakaki, AIT
1. Government should have continued with talks of the high-handed way it has adopted.
2. The conditions we gave are not new
3. President Jonathan has committed to paying the 30 Billion earned allowance and the balance therefore.
4. The Ultimatum will not break us, the approach used in the Military regime should be different from now.
5. To prevent the problems of the past, Government should make the money available so that Universities can draw from it.

2 Likes

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by mvem(m): 8:26am On Dec 04, 2013
Everybody don hear am...ASUU dont open or close school...So everyone wey his school don open,it does not mean ASUU in ur school has pullout...i know i will be insulted but any one wey won go to school please carry ur load and go back to school.....so stop insulting urself...if u feel ur school has opened and academic activities resumed, please coast is clear you can go back to school....and get taught by d lizards...heheeeee
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by emmanugo: 9:10am On Dec 04, 2013
mvem: Everybody don hear am...ASUU dont open or close school...So everyone wey his school don open,it does not mean ASUU in ur school has pullout...i know i will be insulted but any one wey won go to school please carry ur load and go back to school.....so stop insulting urself...if u feel ur school has opened and academic activities resumed, please coast is clear you can go back to school....and get taught by d lizards...heheeeee
nawa o..we musnt alwaz coment abt evrytn..guy did u actualy typ dis shit??

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by michy99(f): 9:25am On Dec 04, 2013
Normal/allied activites ll resume on 4th of dec,2013 @ d university of calabar.D deputy registrar (academic division) Mr.Mike monity in a release said dis was d decision reached at an emergency meeting of senate held at d senate chambers of d institution
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 9:27am On Dec 04, 2013
@mvem, ppl cn gt phD without bein a lecturer at al, or av u 4gotten d no of phD holder dt applied 4 d post of dangote's trailer driver so dere a many phD holder out dere o... u cn only talk of professor, nd govt wl hire dm 4rm outsyd Nigeria... #Lobatan...
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Supermajor(m): 9:28am On Dec 04, 2013
At d end of today we go see weda good luck jonny na boy abi na man em be
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Fynestboi: 9:30am On Dec 04, 2013
How many uni dn resume

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (109) (Reply)

Kogi State University, Anyigba 2012/2013, Admission Update / Nnamdi Azikiwe University Unizik 2015 - 2016 Final And Last Admission List / What GPA Is 2nd Class Upper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.