Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,934 members, 7,949,211 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 10:14 PM

All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 - Education (87) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 (203899 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / Meaning Of Some Words In Hon. Patrick's Speech On ASUU Strike / ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Ekob(m): 4:46am On Dec 06, 2013
Olril18:
i know this is meant to be funny
but im sorry sir,dis is a big insult on the legend mandela.
It is indeed funny my friend..and mind you i dont see ani insult thereof in the post aimed at mandela
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by lebienconnu: 5:53am On Dec 06, 2013
Daniyemi: This is an apotheosis at the highest empyema
and celestial in the academic aqua of nigeria.
After all the sagaic saga cum gagaic gaga and all
the propagandas promulgated and publicise by
the two parties assu and FG they still came into
a prudent and sagacious conclusion of ending
this peregrinated and phanstansmagoric strike. I
am in the state of unpanjandrumic and
unsardonic elatedness and my gastric that was in
the of deja vu ologomabia is now been
transmogrify and transmuted into a state of
heavenly el dora do. During the strike higgledy
piggledy cum hocus pocus and jiggery pockery I
was having a brain dyslexia and stomach
dyspepsia and all my body viscera was in the
pestilential and disastrous. Aqua of a
detrimental metagrabolism and roforofoism.
Now I m in the state of academic enthusiasm. So
every student stand up and wallow into a
unificated parapoism and espirit des lous.

baba were ni bobo yi

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by fabby26(m): 6:31am On Dec 06, 2013
Daniyemi: Lecturers of the University of Benin
(UNIBEN ) on Tuesday complied with
the Federal Government's directive to
resume work.
Some of the lecturers had reportedly
signed the resumption register
stationed at the Deans’ Offices at the
various faculties on the university
campus in Benin.
Efforts to speak with the executives of
the UNIBEN chapter of ASUU proved
abortive, as members of the union
were holding a meeting as at the time
of filing this report.
However, a lecturer in the university,
who preferred anonymity said the
strike was mismanaged by the national
ASUU leadership.
"We are not against ASUU or what it
is fighting for, but we are against the
methodology as well as the adamant
and childish approach of the
leadership at this point in time.
“Agreement can be written or oral,
and President Goodluck Jonathan has
assured us that the agreement with
ASUU would be implemented.
“I think the sensible thing to do is to
await the president's directive to
implement it; and if he does not do
it, we then call up another strike.
“Many of us are disappointed with the
union leadership's attempt to distort
what has been agreed upon by all
members across the country.
“We believe in the Federal
Government, we believe in what the
highest authority in the country has
said and we have decided to resume
work.

Abeg make Una no try call up another strike next yr o, not now am entering my final year. Make una no try delay my finals o. If una cucuma start no going back o whether the FG implement the agreement or not. Otherwise make una fight am out to the end o.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by toideve(m): 6:39am On Dec 06, 2013
Olril18:

Where is the insult? Bwn, isn't Iyayi legend too?
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by pigin: 6:45am On Dec 06, 2013
that awkward moment when Nelson mandela got only one minute of silence and Iyayi got 7 days of silence.. and you go tell me say mandela big and dey important pass our own Iyayi

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by odizeey(m): 7:03am On Dec 06, 2013
Olril18:
which insult,nawa o
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Apreel(f): 8:45am On Dec 06, 2013
Olril18:
oga calm dwn.....life is too short 2 be serious...was funny 2 me tho
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 8:45am On Dec 06, 2013
A Professor of Counselling and Psychology
at the University of Lagos, Ngozi
Osarenren, on Thursday said ASUU’s
insistence on getting its demands met is
not out of a callous desire to keep students
away from school as their own children are
enrolled in the same schools, and are
victims of the strike.
“ASUU members are not barren. They have
children staying at home too,” she said.
Speaking on Sunrise Daily, she said the struggle
for a better education sector is not for the
personal gratification of the members and
association. She said “no ASUU member is
sharing from the money it is demanding.
“It’s for the revitalization of the education
sector and it’s very painful that people who
ought to know are shamelessly playing the
ostrich, pretending not to know,” she said.
The former commissioner for education in Edo
state disclosed that the association had sent a
letter to the Federal Government on the 22nd
of November but until December 5th , there
has been no reply.
“How come the government cannot
communicate to ASUU since then? The
government has not sent any reply to ASUU.
We are only hearing this in the media.”
She stated that they have been labelled
militants and described as subversive but “we
are not asking for salary increase. No ASUU
member is sharing from the 200 billion naira.”
She stressed the fact that no Nigerian
university ranks among first 10 in Africa
despite the title “Giant of Africa” which the
nation lays claim to.
She accused the government of regarding
ASUU members as non-serious people who are
not to be reckoned with, adding that what they
sent to the government was leaked to the
press.
Despite the Federal Government’s disclosure
that it has created an account in the CBN for
ASUU, Mrs Osanrenren stated that they have
only seen it in the media and that the
government is yet to reply ASUU’s letter.
Speaking about those who have resumed in
UNILAG, she said people who have other
reasons may have resumed but insisted that
there are no factions in the school.
“The press is making the faction issue in
UNILAG to thrive. If you are not on strike, it
does not mean that there is a faction,” she
said.
Asked when ASUU will call off the strike, she
said, “once we get official document to show
that these things have been done, ASUU will
call off the strike.”
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by blym4real: 9:01am On Dec 06, 2013
Eksu totally pull out of strike.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by kolidave: 9:05am On Dec 06, 2013
Olril18:
Wetin dis one dey talk. Iyayi no be legend abi you wan lie say u sef no use ASUU and iyayi joke at a poin during this strike. Late president Yaradua no be legend,u wan lie say u weren't jubilating or raining insuLts when the man died. Na famzers like you and hypocrites like you I hate pass for this world. If I may ask do you even know what Mandela did that made him a legend? And you come here famzing that its an insult to the great legend Mandela. Guy take your time oooo

2 Likes

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by kolidave: 9:07am On Dec 06, 2013
blym4real: Eksu totally pull out of strike.
Bros which day be that one na. Una don start oooo
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by esunnex: 9:19am On Dec 06, 2013
wia u hear am again una don start abi
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Jozeeprosper(m): 9:43am On Dec 06, 2013
U sure?,more updates please
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by tunex23: 10:41am On Dec 06, 2013
Daniyemi: A Professor of Counselling and Psychology
at the University of Lagos, Ngozi
Osarenren, on Thursday said ASUU’s
insistence on getting its demands met is
not out of a callous desire to keep students
away from school as their own children are
enrolled in the same schools, and are
victims of the strike.
“ASUU members are not barren. They have
children staying at home too,” she said.
Speaking on Sunrise Daily, she said the struggle
for a better education sector is not for the
personal gratification of the members and
association. She said “no ASUU member is
sharing from the money it is demanding.
“It’s for the revitalization of the education
sector and it’s very painful that people who
ought to know are shamelessly playing the
ostrich, pretending not to know,” she said.
The former commissioner for education in Edo
state disclosed that the association had sent a
letter to the Federal Government on the 22nd
of November but until December 5th , there
has been no reply.
“How come the government cannot
communicate to ASUU since then? The
government has not sent any reply to ASUU.
We are only hearing this in the media.”
She stated that they have been labelled
militants and described as subversive but “we
are not asking for salary increase. No ASUU
member is sharing from the 200 billion naira.”
She stressed the fact that no Nigerian
university ranks among first 10 in Africa
despite the title “Giant of Africa” which the
nation lays claim to.
She accused the government of regarding
ASUU members as non-serious people who are
not to be reckoned with, adding that what they
sent to the government was leaked to the
press.
Despite the Federal Government’s disclosure
that it has created an account in the CBN for
ASUU, Mrs Osanrenren stated that they have
only seen it in the media and that the
government is yet to reply ASUU’s letter.
Speaking about those who have resumed in
UNILAG, she said people who have other
reasons may have resumed but insisted that
there are no factions in the school.
“The press is making the faction issue in
UNILAG to thrive. If you are not on strike, it
does not mean that there is a faction,” she
said.
Asked when ASUU will call off the strike, she
said, “once we get official document to show
that these things have been done, ASUU will
call off the strike.”
Seriosly i tire for this GEJ administration, Just to document sometin and sign na wahalla. May God help us in this country!

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by nairacodedcom(m): 11:03am On Dec 06, 2013
Prof. Iyayi Burial reception ceremony has just started at Main Auditorium, Ugbowo campus uniben. You can follow the Update. www.nairaland.com/1545179/prof-iyayi-burial-live-update#20031857
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by onyibajoe(m): 11:38am On Dec 06, 2013
Olril18:
Sharrap! Must you comment on every post? Find a place and sit down jare. I blame FG n ASUU.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Udee1(f): 12:22pm On Dec 06, 2013
Part-time jobs are available for undergraduate engineering students, preferably within Lagos. Send CV's to energinverter@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by RaphaelCollinsidemudiaya(m): 12:32pm On Dec 06, 2013
translate to simple English 'AT ALL
AT ALL NA HIM BAD PASS'
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by philfearon(m): 12:46pm On Dec 06, 2013
RaphaelCollinsidemudia@ya:
AT ALL NA HIM BAD PASS'
Half bread is better Than none!
Ah know What you will say next,so dont bother saying it!!
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by PatEinstEin(m): 12:46pm On Dec 06, 2013
AT ALL NA HIM BAD PASS'
Half a loaf is better than none.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by toideve(m): 1:12pm On Dec 06, 2013
AT ALL NA HIM BAD PASS'

one is better than zero
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Olril18(m): 1:19pm On Dec 06, 2013
Ekob:
It is indeed funny my friend..and mind you i dont see ani insult thereof in the post aimed at mandela

abi jare bro...in fact,i laugh when i read it,really funny,..i was just playing some of my "mischievious pranks" by commenting dat way,..expecting some abuse from u like many nairalanders would done.....
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Ekob(m): 1:22pm On Dec 06, 2013
AT ALL NA HIM BAD PASS'
Anything is better than nothing

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by onyibajoe(m): 1:26pm On Dec 06, 2013
Olril18:

abi jare bro...in fact,i laugh when i read it,really funny,..i was just playing some of my "mischievious pranks" by commenting dat way,..expecting some abuse from u like many nairalanders would done.....
No intended pranks perceived. Accept say you f**k up young man.

2 Likes

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by onyibajoe(m): 1:35pm On Dec 06, 2013
A reasonable number of academic staff of the Univ of Calabar have signed the register opened at the various depts by HODs as directed by the institution's sanate. Majority of those that signed so far are the lower ranking staff. There is hope that the senior ones would comply in quantum come monday. #eye'weakness'#
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Olril18(m): 1:40pm On Dec 06, 2013
onyibajoe:
No intended pranks perceived. Accept say you f**k up young man.

no problem oo,im no proud..so i accept i f**ked up...but sincerely i did not intend it to end that way...

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Deekaydadon(m): 5:42pm On Dec 06, 2013
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by peter1994(m): 6:42pm On Dec 06, 2013
ASUU STRIKE: A NOTE TO NIGERIAN STUDENTS (a must read for all) | OSUN DEFENDER

I understand your pains, fellow Nigerian students. I just wish we had a better government in Nigeria, there wouldn’t have been any need for strike if government had been sincere and committed enough to implement the agreement it entered into with the union since 2009.
But shall we allow the rot in the system to persist all because we want to graduate on time? The “relatively cheap” education we enjoy in public universities today is the result of past struggles of students and staff unions who campaigned vehemently against the privatization and commercialization of public education. What sacrifice are we willing to make for the benefit of our children who will also aspire to get tertiary education? Do we wish that they continue with this rot?
What happens if the strike is called off without Federal Government meeting the demands of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU)?
1. Our educational sector will continue to suffer gross under-funding. ASUU is fighting for an improved funding of the sector coupled with a gradual increase in the budgetary allocation to education to meet up with the UNESCO recommended 26% as against the 8.5% allocated in the 2013 budget.
2. Education standard will continue to fall due to under-funding, poor teaching facilities, inadequate and poorly motivated teaching personnel etc.
3. There will be an exodus of the best brains in our universities to private and foreign universities that are willing to offer better remuneration and welfare packages to lecturers.
4. Students will continue to learn in uncondusive environment characterized by over-populated classrooms, ill-equipped libraries and laboratory etc.
5. The products of Nigerian Universities will continue to be referred to as ‘half baked graduates’ and ‘unemployable’ by employers.
6. No Nigerian university will make the top 20 in Africa or the top 1000 in the world.
Have we ever bothered to ask ourselves why President Jonathan, his ministers, state governors and other ruling elites enroll their children in foreign and private universities? It is because they recognize that there is rot in the system, and they are unwilling to remove the rot.
Only a serious commitment by the Federal Government can reverse this ugly trend. Government will never willingly fund education adequately except it is compelled to. Little wonder the budgetary allocations to education since the return to civil rule in 1999 remains below 10% despite the unrelenting campaign for adequate funding by ASUU and other stakeholders. Why can’t the sixth largest producer of crude oil in the world fund education adequately when other less advantaged countries like Ghana and Cote d’Ivoire spend 31% and 20% of their budget on education respectively? These are worrisome facts

continue reading @ http://www.osundefender.org/?p=135387
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 7:24pm On Dec 06, 2013
peter1994: ASUU STRIKE: A NOTE TO NIGERIAN STUDENTS (a must read for all) | OSUN DEFENDER

I understand your pains, fellow Nigerian students. I just wish we had a better government in Nigeria, there wouldn’t have been any need for strike if government had been sincere and committed enough to implement the agreement it entered into with the union since 2009.
But shall we allow the rot in the system to persist all because we want to graduate on time? The “relatively cheap” education we enjoy in public universities today is the result of past struggles of students and staff unions who campaigned vehemently against the privatization and commercialization of public education. What sacrifice are we willing to make for the benefit of our children who will also aspire to get tertiary education? Do we wish that they continue with this rot?
What happens if the strike is called off without Federal Government meeting the demands of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU)?
1. Our educational sector will continue to suffer gross under-funding. ASUU is fighting for an improved funding of the sector coupled with a gradual increase in the budgetary allocation to education to meet up with the UNESCO recommended 26% as against the 8.5% allocated in the 2013 budget.
2. Education standard will continue to fall due to under-funding, poor teaching facilities, inadequate and poorly motivated teaching personnel etc.
3. There will be an exodus of the best brains in our universities to private and foreign universities that are willing to offer better remuneration and welfare packages to lecturers.
4. Students will continue to learn in uncondusive environment characterized by over-populated classrooms, ill-equipped libraries and laboratory etc.
5. The products of Nigerian Universities will continue to be referred to as ‘half baked graduates’ and ‘unemployable’ by employers.
6. No Nigerian university will make the top 20 in Africa or the top 1000 in the world.
Have we ever bothered to ask ourselves why President Jonathan, his ministers, state governors and other ruling elites enroll their children in foreign and private universities? It is because they recognize that there is rot in the system, and they are unwilling to remove the rot.
Only a serious commitment by the Federal Government can reverse this ugly trend. Government will never willingly fund education adequately except it is compelled to. Little wonder the budgetary allocations to education since the return to civil rule in 1999 remains below 10% despite the unrelenting campaign for adequate funding by ASUU and other stakeholders. Why can’t the sixth largest producer of crude oil in the world fund education adequately when other less advantaged countries like Ghana and Cote d’Ivoire spend 31% and 20% of their budget on education respectively? These are worrisome facts

continue reading @ http://www.osundefender.org/?p=135387
story story pls end d strike n let's go back to school in peace,d money u get 4rm admission n others if u use it well in each institution it will help a lot,we should not always wait 4 government to do everytin,we know dey have deir shortcomings but we have our own part too,take ma faculty 4 example,our lecture theaters,department were notin to write home about but our dean has been renovating it n now it's more conveneint,he didnt wait 4 government before he worked in his faculty,if every dean,vc and lecturers could forget about deir pockets 4 a minute n focus on what they need to do d education sector will be better,not to talk of d corruption dat's rampant in d sector,moreover d money d fg have given u,y do u want it to be on ASUU account,so dat u can share half of it among yourselves ba,abeg end dis strike jare or start tinkin of another job

6 Likes

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 9:54pm On Dec 06, 2013
# LWKMD
See grammar on top say mandela die:
**painful exist! *
* Shocking lose!* *
Mandela is gun! *
* We wil mix u!*
*Braking news! *
* Foreva on our hats....
I jst saw som1 who wrote, "Why ar d gud actors
dieing'' wot is Nollywood turning to,
RIP mandela, i'll miss ur film".
Must we all talk? Nigerians...I TIRE OH
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Kiingsolomon(f): 9:59pm On Dec 06, 2013
Daniyemi: # LWKMD
**painful exist! *
* Shocking lose!* *
Mandela is gun! *
* We wil mix u!*
*Braking news! *
* Foreva on our hats....
lol....
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 10:15pm On Dec 06, 2013
Daniyemi: # LWKMD
**painful exist! *
* Shocking lose!* *
Mandela is gun! *
* We wil mix u!*
*Braking news! *
* Foreva on our hats....

Lwkmd...some pple just comment so pple will say dey too r current..smh

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (109) (Reply)

LAUTECH 2014/2015 Admission Thread / Kogi State University, Anyigba 2012/2013, Admission Update / Nnamdi Azikiwe University Unizik 2015 - 2016 Final And Last Admission List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.