Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,867 members, 7,889,902 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 12:31 AM

Odemwingie, Taiwo, Uche Set For Eagles Recall - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Odemwingie, Taiwo, Uche Set For Eagles Recall (20797 Views)

Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria / Women Praying And Holding TV For Eagles Victory / NFF Thanks T.B Joshua For Eagles Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Odemwingie, Taiwo, Uche Set For Eagles Recall by Nobody: 6:53pm On Nov 24, 2013
what is ideye +ogu doing in that team.
Re: Odemwingie, Taiwo, Uche Set For Eagles Recall by bizibrain(m): 7:03pm On Nov 24, 2013
Keshi is a brilliant coach nt myopic like so many nairaland coach, he want a squad dat will play a team work, a squad dat does nt av intrest in dere name in d score sheet but a squad intrested in d team glory

Y didnt osaze fans ask demselve Y IDEYE is stil in dat squad and nt osaze, its because IDEYEplayed team game.

cameroon find it difficult 2 beat tunisia in 1st leg playoff because dey didnt play team work which keshi is avoiding.

No matter hw brilliant ronaldo and messi ar, dey cant win a match put 2geder on a pitch if dey play individual game.

Except frm stwpid, UNPATIENT and senseless goal brain, IDEYE is far BETTER dan osaze. During Afcon he stay behind emenike and provide Useful assit dat Emenike convert in2 goals, he av physical body, he can hold ball brilliantly and run pass any defends only 2 waste scoring oppurtunity but stil beta dan a stingy self conceited players.

Except frm musa disgusting unpatient goal brain he av an excellent pace, brilliant cross, and can dribble pass any defends. Though Musa av is own shortcomings, he gives an irritating smile of nt 2 BAD shoot after losing clean chance.

THE FACT REMAINS DAT IT TAKES A GOOD COACH 2 C MUSA AND IDEYE IS BETTER DAN OSAZE NT MYOPIC INTERNET COACH WHO DOES NOT NO HW DIS GUY PERFORMS IN TRAINING.

WAT super eagle need is a good defends, attacking mid-fielder and a free roll end-to-end workhorse playmaker .

1 Like

Re: Odemwingie, Taiwo, Uche Set For Eagles Recall by klax(m): 8:19pm On Nov 24, 2013
Well I think if Keshi decided to make a few call up I think its ok beside a player like Osaze may be recall due to his experience and I guess Musa Ahmed and Ideye need someone else to play their position as a substitute should they fail to meet up because World Cup is not Cup of Nation or friendly match.

Let Keshi just do the right thing all we care about the team must prepare well and be a team for World Cup I mean real World Cup team.
Re: Odemwingie, Taiwo, Uche Set For Eagles Recall by Anvaller: 8:30pm On Nov 24, 2013
Trvlla'c:
what is ideye +ogu doing in that team.

Ideye yes but Ogu? In my own opinion I think that Ogu guy dey try, he knows how to position himself for loose ball outside the box and he fires shots that are most time on-target.
Re: Odemwingie, Taiwo, Uche Set For Eagles Recall by Anvaller: 8:41pm On Nov 24, 2013
If Keshi will have to inject some new players into that team, he should think about enforcing the midfield. If u go to the world cup with a weak midfield or a midfield that lacks replacement when ur 1st choice are tired or injured, then u can't survive even if u have a bunch of messi's & ronaldos upfront.

At this point, Keshi only needs to find a way to blend the team very well, the strikers he has now are good enough if they have a very good midfield that gets the ball to them at convenient angles. Due to that, I don't think he should call anyone for now if he is not either a midfielder or a defender.

2 Likes

Re: Odemwingie, Taiwo, Uche Set For Eagles Recall by Nobody: 8:51pm On Nov 24, 2013
CrazyGooner: ( Osaze is better than Ideye & Musa put together. cool cool
So is Haruna Lukman. So is Sone Aluko. So is Ike Uche. So is Sammy Ameobi etc... What's your point?

At least the above won't go on twitter to insult the coach if they're benched during the competition.
Re: Odemwingie, Taiwo, Uche Set For Eagles Recall by Nobody: 8:54pm On Nov 24, 2013
Anvaller:

Ideye yes but Ogu? In my own opinion I think that Ogu guy dey try, he knows how to position himself for loose ball outside the box and he fires shots that are most time on-target.

Ogu packs a great shot. I just think there's a certain confidence missing in his game. Like he doesn't quite feel he belongs in the team.. I think Keshi needs to work on that.
Re: Odemwingie, Taiwo, Uche Set For Eagles Recall by Nobody: 8:57pm On Nov 24, 2013
Obiagu1:

Yes but the likes of Uche was not used. He won AFCON.
Also Dike was not invited despite the fact that in his lone invitation, he was outstanding.
Keshi invited 'new' players instead like he is trying to do now.

Keshi needs to stop treating Bright Dike like an afterthought just because he plays in the MLS. That guy is deadly on the field and his eye for goal is second to none.

1 Like

Re: Odemwingie, Taiwo, Uche Set For Eagles Recall by Anvaller: 9:11pm On Nov 24, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Keshi needs to stop treating Bright Dike like an afterthought just because he plays in the MLS. That guy is deadly on the field and his eye for goal is second to none.

God will bless u a thousand folds, u stole my thoughts. That Dike guy has the potential to be one of our all time best strikers if the coach takes him seriously, he had only being tried twice and he delivered on both occasions and on both occasions, he scored superb goals (not cheap easy goals). Compare that to guys like Oduamadi that had been tried countless times and u hardly see him on the field. Dike is very ambitious and he understands that he really needs super eagles, those are the kind of players that we want, players that love to play for super eagles. But somehow ppl don't want to respect him may be beacuse he plays in the MLS but the MLS itself is improving and its better than some European league at this moment.

Dike can conveniently stand as a good substitute for Emenike on a good day or he can even pair the 2 upfront, all we need is a composed midfield that gets the ball to them. If Keshi do not take him to the world cup, he will be one good striker short.

2 Likes

Re: Odemwingie, Taiwo, Uche Set For Eagles Recall by collynzo2(m): 9:52pm On Nov 24, 2013
Ikechukwu Uche scored a brace today. Whatever Keshi does, he shouldn't invite Osaze, the guy carries more trouble than talent. What he will add to the team is not worth the trouble he brings. Forget the guy, afterall what did we achieve when he was in the team? We had our worst period ever.
Re: Odemwingie, Taiwo, Uche Set For Eagles Recall by safarigirl(f): 10:11pm On Nov 24, 2013
Anvaller:

God will bless u a thousand folds, u stole my thoughts. That Dike guy has the potential to be one of our all time best strikers if the coach takes him seriously, he had only being tried twice and he delivered on both occasions and on both occasions, he scored superb goals (not cheap easy goals). Compare that to guys like Oduamadi that had been tried countless times and u hardly see him on the field. Dike is very ambitious and he understands that he really needs super eagles, those are the kind of players that we want, players that love to play for super eagles. But somehow ppl don't want to respect him may be beacuse he plays in the MLS but the MLS itself is improving and its better than some European league at this moment.

Dike can conveniently stand as a good substitute for Emenike on a good day or he can even pair the 2 upfront, all we need is a composed midfield that gets the ball to them. If Keshi do not take him to the world cup, he will be one good striker short.
I feel like Dike will get a call-up for the World Cup. We need his style of play cos even knowledge of the MLS style of play will be an asset, it's the WORLD CUP, so we will encounter styles that aren't European, African or South American, imagine a team with that blend of European, African and American based players- lethal

1 Like

Re: Odemwingie, Taiwo, Uche Set For Eagles Recall by PatEinstEin(m): 10:13pm On Nov 24, 2013
Odewinge - OK
Ik Uche - OK
Taye Taiwo - Naaaaaaa!!!
Re: Odemwingie, Taiwo, Uche Set For Eagles Recall by shogz89: 10:19pm On Nov 24, 2013
I understand the fuss about osaze,, but for our own interest we will accept the fact that we need someone like him, it's a simple issue... Invite him to training and watch him,.. The world cup is months away,, we never can tell be might have changed
Re: Odemwingie, Taiwo, Uche Set For Eagles Recall by Smartdoy(m): 10:23pm On Nov 24, 2013
we don't need taiwo, I'm pleased with echiejille... For osaze, the guy na yeye boy! very rude folk! Unless you can tell me what ik uche want come and do
Re: Odemwingie, Taiwo, Uche Set For Eagles Recall by Smartdoy(m): 10:27pm On Nov 24, 2013
collynzo2: Ikechukwu Uche scored a brace today. Whatever Keshi does, he shouldn't invite Osaze, the guy carries more trouble than talent. What he will add to the team is not worth the trouble he brings. Forget the guy, afterall what did we achieve when he was in the team? We had our worst period ever.
correct!!!! thumbs up
Re: Odemwingie, Taiwo, Uche Set For Eagles Recall by amedave(m): 10:45pm On Nov 24, 2013
I agree with keshi, they are nigerians, let them al be invited for difrnt friendly matches b4 d world cup. Being honest he should search seriously for defenders nd everibody should be tried so nobody will say he was sidelined. I tink dat wil bring more seriousnes to the team, even moses should be adviced to quite selfish footbal. Lng live super eagles
Re: Odemwingie, Taiwo, Uche Set For Eagles Recall by honeric01(m): 11:16pm On Nov 24, 2013
milychocs:

Osaze will play against United in a few hours..he now plays for Cardiff...he was at West Brom where he shone very bright...more than 25 goals at West Brom.....this season, at Cardiff I think he has played only a few matches...had an injury, but I watched a match where he scored
I like him, hope he returns to our national team
I wish him well....every time apart from tonight when I hope Man United finish Cardiff well well
Ok, he may score....but United win
Did you get that Peter? United to win

What are you yabbing about? because osaze did well while in West brom, then we should give him a starting shirt? okay, Martins did well while in Levante, we should call him too, Yakubu did well while in Leicester, we should call him too, infact amunike did well while in Barcelona, we should call him na.

Football is not about past glory, it's about what you do now, so because he wants to play tonight, we should call him? and please when last did he score? ohhh he's got an injury, so why should we take a player to the world cup when he cant even stay fit? BTW, what exactly has he done of recent (within 1 year) that is worth of note? oh i remember, he became a watchtower for twitter abi?
Re: Odemwingie, Taiwo, Uche Set For Eagles Recall by paschalndidi(m): 3:35am On Nov 25, 2013
Suddenly we ve realized that this present squad can not take us far in the world but this squad won us African cup of nations and also qualified us to world cup in Brazil. Hope he will not end up dropping some of these players who toiled through the sun and rain to get us this far, all in the name of bringin people who did not any way Participate in the struggle but will come and enjoy the excitement of being in the world. One thing i ve come to realize is that there's unity in this squad and that has been helping the team. I ve not heard any player having problem with the coach or a player causing problem in the dressing room because he was benched. I hope we will not ve that kind of problem when the likes of ozazes are recalled because we all know his antecedents in both clubs and country.
Re: Odemwingie, Taiwo, Uche Set For Eagles Recall by Nobody: 4:05am On Nov 25, 2013
quinnboy: uhmmm.....let dry bones go rest abeg

1) so you want to leave our wingers the way they are? then later you will complain that we are under performing?
2) ike uche who has been scoring left, right and center for villareal is dry bones?i think you are sleeping
Re: Odemwingie, Taiwo, Uche Set For Eagles Recall by Nobody: 4:12am On Nov 25, 2013
Gayigaskia: Noooooo, we don't need that heavy legged Taiwo. The man is finished he is probably 45 years old, slow as hell.

what are you saying?? you must have forgotten that taiwo was once fast and could deliver good crosses (i dont knw about now). he was also a master of freekicks. his only weakness it that he attacks too much. keshi should try him as a winger like they did with gareth Bale..look where Bale is now!
Re: Odemwingie, Taiwo, Uche Set For Eagles Recall by Nobody: 4:20am On Nov 25, 2013
festusfeezy: “I have not selected my team for
the World Cup. No one has a
guaranteed shirt and we will keep
working until we know the 23 players
that will go to Brazil,” he said.

But it is unfair for him to live out those players that participated in d struggle to secure a ticket to Brazil, therefore if osaze, taye taiwo or ikechukwu uche are recalled, who then do u want to drop?
Keshi use ur head oo

it is obvious that the starting 11 and regular subs will make the world cup squad. He is using psychology so that the players will not become complacent but rather they will keep working hard because they think that someone could take their spot if the mess up.

NOTE: 23 players is A LOT OF PEOPLE!!! 23 minus our starting 11 = 13 which is a(whole)nother squad of 11 players with extra 2. think about that.
Re: Odemwingie, Taiwo, Uche Set For Eagles Recall by Nobody: 4:22am On Nov 25, 2013
Obiagu1: Just like he took stupid players to the Confederations Cup instead of those that won the Nations Cup!

He should stick with what he has, add no more than 2 new players. Even if those outside the team are better than those in the team already, do they have a winning mentality, good work ethics, and are they team players?

I hope Keshi doesn't create confusion for himself.
Stick with a winning team!

do you even follow football? he took a different squad from the AFCON squad because most AFCON players got injuries (mikel, emenike, onazi etc)
Re: Odemwingie, Taiwo, Uche Set For Eagles Recall by Nobody: 4:29am On Nov 25, 2013
Random FACT OF THE DAY: Emmanuel Emenike and Bright Dike are cousins. no wonder both of them are lethal in front of goal...it runs in the blood

we need to call bright dike to our world cup squad. 2 caps for nigeria and 2 goals. i've watched a club game here and there of him and he is young, hungry for goals and something special!
smiley
Re: Odemwingie, Taiwo, Uche Set For Eagles Recall by Nobody: 4:33am On Nov 25, 2013
Anvaller:

God bless you. you saved me from typing this whole message!
KESHI IF YOU HEAR ME, PLEASE (I'M KNEELING DOWN WITH TEARS IN MY EYES tongue ) KEEP [size=13pt] BRIGHT DIKE [/size] IN THAT TEAM AND PLAY HIM MORE OFTEN! MARK MY WORDS, HE WILL SURPRISE THE DOUBTERS ONCE THE WORLD CUP COMES.

afterall he is emenike's counsin. he can tap into the lethalness and score us some nice goals
Re: Odemwingie, Taiwo, Uche Set For Eagles Recall by Nobody: 4:42am On Nov 25, 2013
Bright dike in action. beautiful diving header from different angles. This is athleticism we need in Super eagles

only a few seconds long

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7bQWfsCBpE
Re: Odemwingie, Taiwo, Uche Set For Eagles Recall by honeric01(m): 6:35am On Nov 25, 2013
bboiabb: Random FACT OF THE DAY: Emmanuel Emenike and Bright Dike are cousins. no wonder both of them are lethal in front of goal...it runs in the blood

we need to call bright dike to our world cup squad. 2 caps for nigeria and 2 goals. i've watched a club game here and there of him and he is young, hungry for goals and something special!
smiley

3 caps and not 2.

Venezuela
Catalonia
Italy
Re: Odemwingie, Taiwo, Uche Set For Eagles Recall by Nobody: 7:11am On Nov 25, 2013
honeric01:

3 caps and not 2.

Venezuela
Catalonia
Italy

Actually, he has 2 official caps- Venezuela and Italy. The Catalonia match was not an official one, as Catalonia is not a FIFA member nation.
Re: Odemwingie, Taiwo, Uche Set For Eagles Recall by gbaskiboy: 8:06am On Nov 25, 2013
A good one mr keshi, hope they will lift their game in the world cup
Re: Odemwingie, Taiwo, Uche Set For Eagles Recall by vizier007(m): 8:21am On Nov 25, 2013
osaze is a good player but i think we only need him if we want to tamper whit the team's morale

2 Likes

Re: Odemwingie, Taiwo, Uche Set For Eagles Recall by larimo(m): 8:23am On Nov 25, 2013
Osaze has recently carried a very poor attitude and he is far from the word indispensable.
I would recall Ike and Lukman (not taiwo) and try new ones like Iheanacho, Yusuf, Sone, etc

Keshi should not make a mistake to upset the harmony he has at the team with boys who want to play for him and achieve things together.
Every team needs synergy not just talents.
Re: Odemwingie, Taiwo, Uche Set For Eagles Recall by herveze: 9:10am On Nov 25, 2013
lucifer007: men dats very true
i dont think we need defenders anymore,just imagine we have Emenike,Moses and osaze in attacking
Mikel,Onazi and sunday Nba or Iheanacho in mildfield.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nwakali And Chukwueze Flaunt Their FIFAU17 Medals / Larry Kayode Celebrates 26th Birthday - Shares Family Pics / Ibrahimovic Hints At A Possible Return To Man Utd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.