Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,109 members, 7,949,813 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 07:39 PM

What Is The Deal With PHCN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Deal With PHCN (731 Views)

Are You Watching NGA/BFA Match With PHCN Or Generator / Pls What Is Happening With Phcn? / Problem With Phcn! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Deal With PHCN by eagleeye2: 1:28pm On Nov 22, 2013
I am sorry if this is the wrong place for this. MOD's forgive me.
QUESTION
I really want to know what the deal is with PHCN (and their workers)?
Just this morning around 10:30am, I came out of my flat and saw this PHCN guy on a ladder trying to cut lines in our building. I threatened to take their pictures and one of them attacked me and hit me first while, I elbowed him in the face. Before we kind of seperated with each looking for weapons to finish the fight.
To cut a long story short, my line and others were reconnected after they saw proof that we have all paid.
NB
I thought, there is nothing like PHCN and sharing of Bills and cutting of lines/power. Somebody should enlighten me, because I intend taking this matter up with the police. At least I know the guy that attacked me.
Re: What Is The Deal With PHCN by eagleeye2: 1:40pm On Nov 22, 2013
I thought PHCN workers have all been paid off, and their is nothing like disconnection of power anymore. It is not as if we get light in our area that often.
Please any PHCN official (former), should clarify things.
Re: What Is The Deal With PHCN by bekee1(f): 2:00pm On Nov 22, 2013
eagle,eye:
I am sorry if this is the wrong place for this. MOD's forgive me.
QUESTION
I really want to know what the deal is with PHCN (and their workers)?
Just this morning around 10:30am, I came out of my flat and saw this PHCN guy on a ladder trying to cut lines in our building. I threatened to take their pictures and one of them attacked me and hit me first while, I elbowed him in the face. Before we kind of seperated with each looking for weapons to finish the fight.
To cut a long story short, my line and others were reconnected after they saw proof that we have all paid.
NB
I thought, there is nothing like PHCN and sharing of Bills and cutting of lines/power. Somebody should enlighten me, because I intend taking this matter up with the police. At least I know the guy that attacked me.
Re: What Is The Deal With PHCN by eagleeye2: 2:10pm On Nov 22, 2013
still waiting for enlightenment..:..abeg
Re: What Is The Deal With PHCN by ruffhandu: 2:48pm On Nov 22, 2013
Eagle eye,
Different coys offer different electric power services; some generate, some distribute etc. The old PHCN staff were disengaged but the new companies have to absord the old staff for smoother transition, I believe most of them may be dropped with time. But for now, they work for the new companies. But they are all on the edge, they know that the slightest mess-up from them will attract severe sanctions from their new employers.

I was even wondering:
The advent of mobile comm coys sent NITEL to the backyard and the coys made access to comm affordable.
How does this privatisation of PCHN forster competition that'll break the monopoly of PHCN?
Re: What Is The Deal With PHCN by eagleeye2: 2:59pm On Nov 22, 2013
ruffhandu: Eagle eye,
Different coys offer different electric power services; some generate, some distribute etc. The old PHCN staff were disengaged but the new companies have to absord the old staff for smoother transition, I believe most of them may be dropped with time. But for now, they work for the new companies. But they are all on the edge, they know that the slightest mess-up from them will attract severe sanctions from their new employers.

I was even wondering:
The advent of mobile comm coys sent NITEL to the backyard and the coys made access to comm affordable.
How does this privatisation of PCHN forster competition that'll break the monopoly of PHCN?
The guy that hit me, used to come to my area to share bills. So I don't think he is even a full staff of PHCN to begin with.
The elderly man that came with them tried explaining to me, and he made mention of Government taking over the PHCN. But I challenged them to show me ID cards.
Moreover Geometrics have not started fully in Aba. I think the guy hit me because he felt threatened when I said I was going to take their pictures.
Re: What Is The Deal With PHCN by superboi(m): 3:02pm On Nov 22, 2013
ruffhandu: Eagle eye,

I was even wondering:

Lol you people don't really think things through do you?
Power sector and Telecoms and both very different in today's World and unless there is a radical shift in Technology (Like the advent of GSM in telephony). This method of privatization that have been followed means that it is the Power producers that have the bargaining power and not the consumers unlike telecoms sector.

This is because the is more Money chasing the little available power available and the fact as an end consumer you cannot change your power supplier unless you pack to a different town or region. So now it is the power companies that would chose who the would rather give power to unlike telecom where you could easily change sim.
Re: What Is The Deal With PHCN by eagleeye2: 3:26pm On Nov 22, 2013
superboi:

Lol you people don't really think things through do you?
Power sector and Telecoms and both very different in today's World and unless there is a radical shift in Technology (Like the advent of GSM in telephony). This method of privatization that have been followed means that it is the Power producers that have the bargaining power and not the consumers unlike telecoms sector.

This is because the is more Money chasing the little available power available and the fact as an end consumer you cannot change your power supplier unless you pack to a different town or region. So now it is the power companies that would chose who the would rather give power to unlike telecom where you could easily change sim.
But I thought that the power companies will first start by installing their own meters? I just don't want this rubbish to repeat itself.
Re: What Is The Deal With PHCN by eagleeye2: 3:58pm On Nov 22, 2013

(1) (Reply)

TRAVELOGUE: The Miracle In Ondo, By Femi Fani-kayode / N1.5bn Imo Contract Scam: EFCC Clears Impeached Deputy Gov / Jonathan,pdp Govs Shops For Tukur’s Successor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.