Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,070 members, 7,890,525 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 03:26 PM

Student Faces Expulsion Over Natural Hair - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Student Faces Expulsion Over Natural Hair (20342 Views)

Victoria Daropale Wins "Fresh Faces Modeling Contest" In Spain / My Natural Hair Wants To Kill Me Before My Time / Grow Your Natural Hair Long (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Student Faces Expulsion Over Natural Hair by Isiterere(m): 10:52am On Dec 01, 2013
doesn't seems to me d gal is breaking any rule.
Beautiful gal with a beautiful natural hair .

I really wish this for my future wife.

ALL IZZ WELL

1 Like

Re: Student Faces Expulsion Over Natural Hair by Originalsly: 10:55am On Dec 01, 2013
dominique: What a pretty girl with lovely hair, me sef go wan do yanga if I had that kain hair but rules are rules. Imagine her sitting in class, the pupil directly behind her might not be able to see properly with all that hair in the way. She can have it braided or packed in a neat bun for school. For weekends and school breaks, she can then leave it to fall freely the way she likes.
True....I can see her hair being an obstruction to anyone sitting behind her....but that is not the issue with the school. They want her to "cut" and ""shape" it....and that is going too far. They know that too and that's why they have taken no action all along...they don't want to be sued. As far as I know only the military has the authority to cut and shape its members hair.
Re: Student Faces Expulsion Over Natural Hair by mysticgal(f): 10:55am On Dec 01, 2013
beautifull hair,but rules are meant to be abided by cool
Re: Student Faces Expulsion Over Natural Hair by olarafiat(f): 10:57am On Dec 01, 2013
she can as well sit at d back to avoid blocking other pupils view buh i dont suppot d cotin or trimin
Re: Student Faces Expulsion Over Natural Hair by mazizitonene(m): 10:58am On Dec 01, 2013
IamDebola: Fine geh..
See the fine treatment this young man got after doing the azonto with another man's wife.
Please don't laugh.

[flash=425,344]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0orhGB-wetE[/url][/flash]

End Time Things!!
Fuq! grin
Re: Student Faces Expulsion Over Natural Hair by Olugbenger(m): 10:59am On Dec 01, 2013
Banned by deols in Islam for
Muslims for
deliberately derailing thread as a well
known offender . Ban expires on
12:08pm On Mar 09, 2014
She banned me wrongly by accusing me
falsely.
I had to post this to show what a derail
looks like.
Re: Student Faces Expulsion Over Natural Hair by Mmadu111: 10:59am On Dec 01, 2013
Lachynos2k2: WILL U TRIM DAT SMELLY BUSH U CALL HAIR!
It's her choice and life style, Mind your biz and lets keep moving......
Re: Student Faces Expulsion Over Natural Hair by Nobody: 11:04am On Dec 01, 2013
to be very very realistic. ..I do not like to lie ..dt ain't good...those of u screaming if it were my daughter. .i'l fight 4 her n shit..think twice. .that hair is obviously beautiful on her d way it is but if she really wants to stay in the school I'm sure her mum knows exactly how to pack and work on the hair if she doesn't want it cut so as to reduce its aerial coverage ...buh if she's hell bent on giving in to whatever her daughter wants however she wants it, she can as well get her into another school and allow those who are willing to stick to school rules at d detriment of their wants...one word for the woman...#bad parenting. ..obviously

1 Like

Re: Student Faces Expulsion Over Natural Hair by Originalsly: 11:13am On Dec 01, 2013
mysticgal: beautifull hair,but rules are meant to be abided by cool
Buses had rules ...if Black you can be at the back half of the bus only...rules are rules. In the restaurants...No Blacks Allowed...rules are rules. In the toilets...Whites Only...rules are rules. In the hotels...Whites Only...rules are rules....get my drift?...people marched, got beaten got bitten got jailed got killed to change that and now you are saying what? It his her Civil Right and they know it.

1 Like

Re: Student Faces Expulsion Over Natural Hair by joaquin64(m): 11:16am On Dec 01, 2013
IamDebola: Fine geh..
See the fine treatment this young man got after doing the azonto with another man's wife.
Please don't laugh.

[flash=425,344]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0orhGB-wetE[/url][/flash]

End Time Things!!

WTF DID I JUST WATCH?!!!! SO THIS RANDOM POST DIDNT STEAL YOUR ATTENTION ENOUGH TO CARRY ON WITH CONVERSATION ABOUT A CHILDS HAIR PROBLEMS?!!! LOL!
Re: Student Faces Expulsion Over Natural Hair by bigx(m): 11:18am On Dec 01, 2013
A Nigerian School would just Barb the hair and damn the consequences
Re: Student Faces Expulsion Over Natural Hair by IAMBREEZY: 11:21am On Dec 01, 2013
Beautiful i like her hair.
Re: Student Faces Expulsion Over Natural Hair by Ichel: 11:25am On Dec 01, 2013
Am only seein hair, am not seein d owner. Mk una show her face n body.
Btw, anyone wey see Maroune Fellani, abeg tell him say, him b LEARNER
Re: Student Faces Expulsion Over Natural Hair by stevecantrell: 11:28am On Dec 01, 2013
You can't even just tie it up into a bond ?
Expel her !
Re: Student Faces Expulsion Over Natural Hair by Nobody: 11:32am On Dec 01, 2013
They are mad in that school. The hair is bleeping beautiful!!!!!!!!! I love it! kiss kiss kiss kiss The authorities are just beefing her because her hair looks much more beautiful and more attractive than the other kids and theirs tongue.- with their flappy hair with no value cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Student Faces Expulsion Over Natural Hair by sarutobie(m): 11:32am On Dec 01, 2013
The mum can braid or pack the hair in such a way that it won't be conspicous,but she is teaching her daughter to go against rules..she won't be in that school forever will she? She will always have time and freedom to flaunt her beautiful hair but not now.This is a time she should learn obedience and respect of authorities..Train your children well so that when they grow,they won't depart from it.
Re: Student Faces Expulsion Over Natural Hair by Olivechi(f): 11:36am On Dec 01, 2013
Rily her hair is a distractn,i cnt imagine mysef siti behind her in class. Rules r meant 2 b kept,beta stil her parent shld enrole her in anoda sch.
Re: Student Faces Expulsion Over Natural Hair by aieromon(m): 11:37am On Dec 01, 2013
Beautiful hair.She can pack it into another style as long as she isn't forced to cut it.
Re: Student Faces Expulsion Over Natural Hair by albacete(m): 11:38am On Dec 01, 2013
how will this make Airtel to bring back the BIS offer on non-android devices?
Re: Student Faces Expulsion Over Natural Hair by Nobody: 11:41am On Dec 01, 2013
albacete: how will this make Airtel to bring back the BIS offer on non-android devices?
how will that make Gej not to run in 2015.?? or ASUU call of the strike? ?? kiss undecided undecided
Re: Student Faces Expulsion Over Natural Hair by Nobody: 11:41am On Dec 01, 2013
adaobi123: The girl should just braid her hair. Imagine sitting behind her in class. Talk about blockage !! angry

jolosi tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue.
Re: Student Faces Expulsion Over Natural Hair by Nobody: 11:45am On Dec 01, 2013
BUSH.HUNTER:
Her Hair no even plenty Try see aw my own plenty reach Una go reject me as una In-Law

Abi....dem for see my own when I was in High school. extra extra afro grin grin grin. The teachers complained! My mum came and said whatever to them...and it was over smiley cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Student Faces Expulsion Over Natural Hair by Nobody: 11:47am On Dec 01, 2013
bebe2: This is the making of a society out law , simple rule for school d child can adhere to.

And d parents are there trying to get publicity.

Simple thing, she is a child, weave that thing and conform to the rules of the school.

No be do or die thing now! If a rule is unfair, you can always complain.......but after much complain, if them refuse, change the school.......Chikena!
Re: Student Faces Expulsion Over Natural Hair by Nobody: 11:49am On Dec 01, 2013
speedyboi:

jolosi tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue.

Lol. She has nice hair but its a distraction. Just saying.

Abide to the rules or leave.
Re: Student Faces Expulsion Over Natural Hair by tomzman: 11:55am On Dec 01, 2013
Pretty girl! wink cool She can pack it in a neat and attractive way that won't cause too much attention but she should not cut it o! Cutting that hair would make her unattractive.
Re: Student Faces Expulsion Over Natural Hair by Anvaller: 12:02pm On Dec 01, 2013
BADNEAT: to be very very realistic. ..I do not like to lie ..dt ain't good...those of u screaming if it were my daughter. .i'l fight 4 her n shit..think twice. .that hair is obviously beautiful on her d way it is but if she really wants to stay in the school I'm sure her mum knows exactly how to pack and work on the hair if she doesn't want it cut so as to reduce its aerial coverage ...buh if she's hell bent on giving in to whatever her daughter wants however she wants it, she can as well get her into another school and allow those who are willing to stick to school rules at d detriment of their wants...one word for the woman...#bad parenting. ..obviously

This goes beyond just bad parenting, This is one of the several Good Hair-Bad Hair struggle, It's a Black Woman's Hair vs White Hair Face off in America

I agree with u but I understand why the mother and the daughter might be standing their ground. There is a big racial problem in America so much so that no one trust the intention of the other anymore. They actually think that the school's reason is based on racial hate and not actually in good faith. Black women are under pressure in America simply because their hair does not look as straight and stringy for the white people's standard. This girl came to school with her hair natural like other white children with theit natural hair. She didn't add anything, its just her hair but black people's hair grow puffy and not straight, shouldn't they respect that? White children never have problem with their hair because no matter how they style it, its okay to white people but not the same with black kids.

In recent times, there have been a wave of similar cases in schools where Black American pupils are kicked out of school because of various ridiculous claims that their hair do not conform. This girl left her hair un-braided, the school claimed it does not conform. There was another girl that caused outrage with an Afro not as big and there was another girl with dread locks, they said her hair looked untidy... really?

I personally also hate bad parenting, undue pampering and all that but this case right here goes beyond that, the black woman's hair in America has become a political struggle. Black ppl are not respected with their hair so I can understand in cases like these if they look unreasonable with standing their ground. Have u asked why most African-American women are so ashamed to carry their hair naturally? They always have to fix white, indian, brazilian hair to conform at school, at work, etc. When they do these, white people don't complain but when a black woman chose not to wear weaves but wear her natural hair, they start to come up with excuses.

There has to be a national debate on black women's hair in America because those of u who thought she she should have braided it, Well cornrows was also outlawed in the school where a girl was kicked out because she had dreadlocks. U might be surprised that another child with braids will be kicked out tomorrow. The thing is they do not consider black ppl's hair style as presentable. Ask urself why u have never and might never see a black news caster or presenter on white media like CNN, BBC, FOX News etc with braids, cornrows dreadlocks, afro or any natural hairstyle indigenous to blacks. Those women have to to fix fake white hair and conceal their natural hair to conform (whether they like it or not) every single time they appear on T.V otherwise no job for them.

So really it goes beyond just bad parenting, these ppl are trying to make a political statement and its becoming more and more of a clash with white ppl now since more black american women are getting tired of the fake white hair and embracing their own hair. This is a case I had been closely observing for quite some time so I understand and they have my support.

4 Likes

Re: Student Faces Expulsion Over Natural Hair by will007: 12:15pm On Dec 01, 2013
Am sure one of dos school board will be a nigerian women beefing d gal cos of her natural hair.....wen her hair is not natural(brazilian nd d likes)

1 Like

Re: Student Faces Expulsion Over Natural Hair by shizzle11(m): 12:31pm On Dec 01, 2013
jovialjov: Wow! Beautiful girl....beautiful hair

The school is just being jealous angry

jealous lndeed.

wow! what a brilliant way of reasoning. sweetie, did you read the part that stated that the hair should be a distraction to others and went on to give examples?, and went his law was made prior to she becoming a student in the school.

she was only asked d to trim the hair and not cut it outrightly. don't really get where jealousy came in. A rule was broken, she and her silly mother were privy to this rule before she enrolled into the school, yet they are being defensive and someone is here talking about being jealousy. since its her daughters right to have her hair his way she wants, why not transfer to a school where she could do whatever she wants on her hair.

Don't know if you like her mother is just plain stewpid or its something else
Re: Student Faces Expulsion Over Natural Hair by WanaG(m): 12:32pm On Dec 01, 2013
She's really pretty though.
Re: Student Faces Expulsion Over Natural Hair by genesiscliq: 12:33pm On Dec 01, 2013
[quote author=ReineViolette]
Imagine
Re: Student Faces Expulsion Over Natural Hair by Jj222(f): 12:54pm On Dec 01, 2013
I love d hair is full.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hair Booster / The Final Moment Of Crowning Chioma Obiadi Stephenie As Miss Nigeria 2016 (Video / See the Pageant Organisers Contesting for National Executive Position Of The As

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.