Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,071 members, 7,890,529 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 03:28 PM

Student Faces Expulsion Over Natural Hair - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Student Faces Expulsion Over Natural Hair (20343 Views)

Victoria Daropale Wins "Fresh Faces Modeling Contest" In Spain / My Natural Hair Wants To Kill Me Before My Time / Grow Your Natural Hair Long (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Student Faces Expulsion Over Natural Hair by Nigeriakan: 1:04pm On Dec 01, 2013
Xtaceeey:

Real african man mentality... Uno even lyk beta tin sef
So in your own American or European mentality, the opinion of just one man is proof enough to deduce what an African mentality is?
Re: Student Faces Expulsion Over Natural Hair by DutchNegro(m): 1:10pm On Dec 01, 2013
astronautog: How that 1 dey concern agbero or ASUU strike??if sshe like carry briaza 4 head call am brazilan hair na 4 her pocket

Why u dumb man? undecided
Itz better to watch gloriously from d side of a pitch dan to be on a pitch and ur presence there makes no impact on d game.
Re: Student Faces Expulsion Over Natural Hair by Nobody: 1:16pm On Dec 01, 2013
Re: Student Faces Expulsion Over Natural Hair by FREEDON: 1:20pm On Dec 01, 2013
"GO AND DIE"
Re: Student Faces Expulsion Over Natural Hair by igbeke: 1:42pm On Dec 01, 2013
babestell: Nonsense! .....This is an example of people who just want to look for trouble

...Like Gov. Aregbesola and his new system of education in Osun State.
Did I just look for trouble too?
Re: Student Faces Expulsion Over Natural Hair by Nobody: 2:17pm On Dec 01, 2013
adaobi123: The girl should just braid her hair. Imagine sitting behind her in class. Talk about blockage !! angry

Nne'm!! How u de? I kinda missed u! kiss
Re: Student Faces Expulsion Over Natural Hair by Nobody: 2:22pm On Dec 01, 2013
shes really pretty. Her hair makes her all the more prettier. Shes unique nd bold now. But think of if she cuts it nd goes on in life thinking she doesnt have the right to talk. That she must conform and do whatever shes told. That would leave her unhappy and later on in life she may not be able to express herself..only be like some people here secretly envying her beauty. End up like people who insult because deep inside they wish they were HER. If she is changed now she may never be like this again. Forget that adult lie that Nigerian adults say..that she will do all dat later. You mean when shes thirty abi? Let her do the fine girl thing now not when people will say shes too old.
Re: Student Faces Expulsion Over Natural Hair by Nobody: 2:25pm On Dec 01, 2013
tchidi:

Nne'm!! How u de? I kinda missed u! kiss

Aww you missed me ? I'm flattered. grin I'm fine o ! Just hustling tings tongue You ?
Re: Student Faces Expulsion Over Natural Hair by Chrisx1x(m): 2:31pm On Dec 01, 2013
Lachynos2k2: WILL U TRIM DAT SMELLY BUSH U CALL HAIR!
see authoritarian
Re: Student Faces Expulsion Over Natural Hair by Chrisx1x(m): 2:41pm On Dec 01, 2013
The sch wey i attend [public school],the principal/teacher go give ur hair zig-zag design wit scizors if u dare leave ur hair bushy
Re: Student Faces Expulsion Over Natural Hair by firstday: 2:59pm On Dec 01, 2013
ReineViolette: African- American teen Vanessa Dyke who schools at Faith Christian Academy, a private school in Orlando since the third grade has been threatened with expulsion if she doesnt 'cut' and 'shape' her hair.

She says:

"It says that I'm unique," said VanDyke. "First of all, it's puffy and I like it that way. I know people will tease me about it because it's not straight. I don't fit in."

Apparently, it seems the school has has a dress code and rules against how students can wear their hair.

The student handbook reads: "Hair must be a natural color and must not be a distraction," and goes on to state examples that include, but are not limited to, mohawks, shaved designs and rat tails.

But the mother doesn't seem to find how her hair violates the school rules. She says:

A distraction to one person is not a distraction to another," said VanDyke's mother, Sabrina Kent. "You can have a kid come in with pimples on his face. Are you going to call that a distraction?..."I'm going to fight for my daughter. If she wants her hair like that, she will keep her hair like that. There are people out there who may think that natural hair is not appropriate. She is beautiful the way she is."
Dey r jeasous 2 a black beauiful gal wit a long hair..

Source:http://m.local10.com/news/africanamerican-girl-faces-expulsion-over-natural-hair/-/16717752/23165492/-/wf1ej/-/index.html
Re: Student Faces Expulsion Over Natural Hair by Nobody: 4:01pm On Dec 01, 2013

My friend you are a ''brainless and spineless donkey!!!
Re: Student Faces Expulsion Over Natural Hair by albacete(m): 4:46pm On Dec 01, 2013
BADNEAT: how will that make Gej not to run in 2015.?? or ASUU call of the strike? ?? kiss undecided undecided

cool cool cool
Re: Student Faces Expulsion Over Natural Hair by Godstot001: 5:33pm On Dec 01, 2013
hahahahaha.u jealous abi?
Re: Student Faces Expulsion Over Natural Hair by AdeojoFolukeC(f): 6:38pm On Dec 01, 2013
she can sit @ d back of d class na... Nice hair
Re: Student Faces Expulsion Over Natural Hair by 1stola: 8:46pm On Dec 01, 2013

see u. bald tin like u. and u call urself a girl.
Re: Student Faces Expulsion Over Natural Hair by kayalla(f): 12:01am On Dec 02, 2013
Re u a fool?
Why on earth will u say such a thing to this beautiful natural?
After un a go say naija girls no fit carry their natural hair.
I wounder wat ur brain is made of!
Re: Student Faces Expulsion Over Natural Hair by Etianwanokon: 12:03pm On Dec 02, 2013
WHATS THE BIG DEAL? LET HER CARRY HER HAIR PLEASE. THIS IS BLIND JEALOUSY
Re: Student Faces Expulsion Over Natural Hair by Mikefoto1234(m): 3:44pm On Dec 04, 2013
Where there is law,there is punishment.To me,though the hair makes her beautiful but yet if she can not comply with the school rule,then there are other schools out there.Simple Logic.
Re: Student Faces Expulsion Over Natural Hair by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jun 01, 2019
Let me take a nap... great work, anyway. tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hair Booster / The Final Moment Of Crowning Chioma Obiadi Stephenie As Miss Nigeria 2016 (Video / See the Pageant Organisers Contesting for National Executive Position Of The As

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.