Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,707 members, 7,879,094 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 12:30 PM

A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One! - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One! (19650 Views)

Making Money Online - The Job Of The Future? / CBN Raises Cash Limit To N500k For Individuals & N3m For Corporate Bodies / Please, I Need A Loan Of N3m For My Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One! by blasterman(m): 11:08pm On Nov 27, 2013
omg this is. Such a very stupid question that y
ou don't need to crack ur brain or ask any

1 for advice . For u to ask this shows u cant handle the 3million betta collect d 75k make ur sense

mature. the only time the 75k make sense is if. D 3m involve crime or drug then the peace of mind of 75k is beta. Use ur head abi it need servcing

1 Like

Re: A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One! by Nobody: 11:10pm On Nov 27, 2013
Danhumprey: I would go with #75k per month,provided there would be job security. If you chose #3million,it would be exhausted in no time,unless you invest it. But I would rather go for 75k per months. It would suffice me. It's dangerous to be keeping a large sum of money with you.

Mindset separates the rich from the poor, not paper money..

With the bolded, you have sworn allegiance to poverty for life...

N3m that cannot purchace a plot of land in a state capital. So young men still think like this ?

5 Likes

Re: A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One! by yinkson(m): 11:12pm On Nov 27, 2013
alfredo4u: I was offered 3million without paying back and at the same time a job of 75k with a company.

I'm asked to chose one.

Pals, if u are in my shoes what will you do?

Candid advise needed pls. No insults

I will accept the 3million Naira and start a business...

No Tyme!
Re: A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One! by Nobody: 11:19pm On Nov 27, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Not bad either . . . in 20 months, you would have realized 3M Naira but the cost of living nko?

40months oga... Upwards of 3 years and 4 months to earn N3m...

Op, with 75,000 a month, you will never put together N3m from savings even in 10 years time unless you no wan chop or marry wife..
Re: A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One! by chrisme(m): 11:20pm On Nov 27, 2013
I will collect d two.....from a warri concerned fellow
Re: A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One! by bigx(m): 11:29pm On Nov 27, 2013
If you collect the 3m, make sure you spend it only on what would generate income,
And be veeeeeeery careful, don't try to look like a "big man" or try to please anybody or invest in any quick money doubling schemes. You would loose every kobo , 3m is not much money.
Let it chill in fixed deposit or treasury bills for a couple of months while you plan exactly what you want to do.

If you're not Business minded, kindly take the 75k.

I know a true story of someone who got 29m in 1999 (when it was good money) and bought 3 cars in 1 day and blew the money in a year or 2. Not a single investment,
Today there is no sign of 1 kobo of that money, the cars where all sold at ridiculous prices, the person still rents a house.
That is an example of what can happen when large sums of money you are not prepared for land in your laps.

Google Lottery Winners.

Educate yourself and your mind on how to make money work for you if you're taking the 3 million

3 Likes

Re: A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One! by Nobody: 11:33pm On Nov 27, 2013
chymystique: Take the 3million... And kip searching for anoda job!.. Goodluck!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Nairalanders ehn
Re: A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One! by chucky234(m): 11:41pm On Nov 27, 2013
You can never build an empire by being an employee with a 75k a month job (Just Over Border) ,only employers do and thats why world's richest men are employers and not employees.
Take the N3m and horn your enterpreneural skills,invest wisely and become the next employer.
Re: A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One! by Acidosis(m): 11:42pm On Nov 27, 2013
I don't want to believe this..

Will the 3m restrict you from searching for another job?

Are you signing an oath with the giver never to search for another job?

2 Likes

Re: A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One! by Nobody: 11:45pm On Nov 27, 2013
i wanna bleep my virgin girl but is so tightly closed,how can i place my d*ck inside pls? No insult pls jux sincere pls.......cos on a delema state.
Re: A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One! by skyp(m): 11:53pm On Nov 27, 2013
What kind of biz would you guys advice him to do.
Re: A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One! by dagr8(m): 11:59pm On Nov 27, 2013
Danhumprey: I would go with #75k per month,provided there would be job security. If you chose #3million,it would be exhausted in no time,unless you invest it. But I would rather go for 75k per months. It would suffice me. It's dangerous to be keeping a large sum of money with you.
Like seriously
Re: A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One! by bigx(m): 12:00am On Nov 28, 2013
skyp: What kind of biz would you guys advice him to do.

its better for people to decide on their own what they would excel at

1 Like

Re: A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One! by chimex38: 12:08am On Nov 28, 2013
Grab d 3milla 1st, then find a way of securin d job.. In my phrase;
2 birds in hand is worth more dan one
Re: A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One! by romzey(m): 12:09am On Nov 28, 2013
Hope you are not thinking of buying a tokunbo car after receiving the money? If you are business minded then it's okay to take d 3m, but think well if you are not!
Re: A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One! by Nobody: 12:29am On Nov 28, 2013
This is so typical! Nigerians like awoof joor. 3M for nothing seems like a better deal than 75k for a 9 to 5 any day. You should keep in mind the following before making your decision.
1. For a job, you don't just get paid in cash, you get experience and referrals that improve your worth over time. If you want to build a career in that field this would be your stepping stone.
2. Not everyone is cut out for entrepreneurship. A job gives you security, stability and you get paid right away. A business needs to "take" first. You might not break even after the second year sef.
3. 3M might seem a lot of money to you now but it really isn't. Dont make the decision arbitrarily, draw up plans for potential businesses that could be started with a capital of 3m and evaluate the odds. How long will it take before you start making profit? What are the risks involved? A high risk biz may potentially yield more returns but high risk means that you could potentially lose all your money and end up knocking on the door of your benefactor for that job after all.

For all you know, this could be some social experiment. Knowing the risks involved in starting a business, some people prefer to have another safe source of income before jumping off the ledge into uncertainty. You NEVER know. And when the pressures of self sustenance set in you might not find the discipline to stay off your capital.

remember too that It's not money that is your asset, it's creativity. If you have it you might just make that 3m work for you - eventually and with a load of luck. And if you do not have it, you get to ride on your bosses creativity. Just be honest with yourself.

3 Likes

Re: A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One! by philipomoraka: 12:58am On Nov 28, 2013
man the decision differs with individual, FOR ME ITS THE 3MILLION, BECAUSE WITH IT I CAN FURTHER MY EDUCATION AND WITH BETTER DEGREES, JOBS THAT WILL PAY MORE THAN THAT WILL COME
Re: A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One! by Fhemmmy: 1:15am On Nov 28, 2013
okpara ugo:

40months oga... Upwards of 3 years and 4 months to earn N3m...

Op, with 75,000 a month, you will never put together N3m from savings even in 10 years time unless you no wan chop or marry wife..

Thanks jare . . .
Re: A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One! by MagicBishop: 3:14am On Nov 28, 2013
Obviously OP will fare better taking the job since he doesn't understand the concept and advantage of liquidity and cash in hand. 75k job will fit in snugly with OP's lazy cold comfort life choice.
Re: A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One! by MagicBishop: 3:22am On Nov 28, 2013
Raggedy_Ann: This is so typical! Nigerians like awoof joor. 3M for nothing seems like a better deal than 75k for a 9 to 5 any day. You should keep in mind the following before making your decision.
1. For a job, you don't just get paid in cash, you get experience and referrals that improve your worth over time. If you want to build a career in that field this would be your stepping stone.
2. Not everyone is cut out for entrepreneurship. A job gives you security, stability and you get paid right away. A business needs to "take" first. You might not break even after the second year sef.
3. 3M might seem a lot of money to you now but it really isn't. Dont make the decision arbitrarily, draw up plans for potential businesses that could be started with a capital of 3m and evaluate the odds. How long will it take before you start making profit? What are the risks involved? A high risk biz may potentially yield more returns but high risk means that you could potentially lose all your money and end up knocking on the door of your benefactor for that job after all.

For all you know, this could be some social experiment. Knowing the risks involved in starting a business, some people prefer to have another safe source of income before jumping off the ledge into uncertainty. You NEVER know. And when the pressures of self sustenance set in you might not find the discipline to stay off your capital.

remember too that It's not money that is your asset, it's creativity. If you have it you might just make that 3m work for you - eventually and with a load of luck. And if you do not have it, you get to ride on your bosses creativity. Just be honest with yourself.

load of rubbish.

First you would have asked if the job is professionally inclined and if OP had the prerequisite education/training experience to follow that career path. Then you should have proceeded to consider if OP will get the necessary job satisfaction. Getting paid does not guarantee job satisfaction. Thirdly. I want to believe that OP is a graduate of some sort and the job is for entry level in the civil service where he will end up warming a chair as the case is with 80% of employers in government jobs.

OP would do much better if he takes the offer of 3 million and set up a small business. I want to believe he is young and the offer is coming from a relative, if the venture fails he can start looking for another job without daddy's or uncle's help.

1 Like

Re: A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One! by tabisegroup(m): 4:47am On Nov 28, 2013
naijacutee: The way I see it, you will need to save 50% of your N75,000-a-month salary for 80months (6 years and 6 months) to be able to save up to N3million. Before you you get that N3million in bulk to do what you need to do. In that time, you might be stuck in that job.

On the other hand, you could take the N3m now and do what you need to do with it. If it fails, you can get a job in less than the 6 years, 6 months it would have otherwise taken you to save the same amount of money.

I think you should take the N3 million and invest it. I see no compelling reason to take the job.
..on point
Re: A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One! by maximunimpact(m): 5:42am On Nov 28, 2013
Take d 3M, even if u lack bizness idea just fix it in a bank per month, u are guaranteed atleast 4% interest each month wich is:
4÷100=0.04X3,000,000=N120,000 which is far above 75k with all d stress dat goes with working 4 som1 else. U can be managing d 120k interest monthly until a beta bizness idea sets in.

3 Likes

Re: A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One! by mikael78: 5:51am On Nov 28, 2013
alfredo4u:

If u don't ve reasonable contribution pls stay clear
stf jor.....liar
Re: A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One! by Nobody: 6:02am On Nov 28, 2013
Nna mhen! Na gift o. Business tin, I'll go into importing and exporting. www.nairaland.com/1533496/funny-facts-tasued-students
Re: A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One! by albacete(m): 6:11am On Nov 28, 2013
maximunimpact: Take d 3M, even if u lack bizness idea just fix it in a bank per month, u are guaranteed atleast 4% interest each month wich is:
4÷100=0.04X3,000,000=N120,000 which is far above 75k with all d stress dat goes with working 4 som1 else. U can be managing d 120k interest monthly until a beta bizness idea sets in.

Is it as high as 4% returns per month?

Then what is the OP waiting for? Just grab the N3m and start earning N120k per month which is 60% more than d N75k.
Re: A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One! by Nobody: 6:30am On Nov 28, 2013
Who arr all these asking the guy to take the 75k? Really poverty mindset folks we got here....
You will never save that 3million with your 75k salary till thy kingdom come...not even 1.5million.
Folks that get 250k a month still take loan of 2million...mtchew.

Take d 3mill and buy a job with 750k if you so much want to work under sm1......ode.
Re: A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One! by uanda(m): 6:40am On Nov 28, 2013
Please take the N75,000 monthly.
With good attitude and dedication, promotions will come within 3 months it may be increased to 100,000 and up ti goes.

Just know that the 3 million will not last more than 6 months in your hands. If need to go into a good business, you will need more than 3million.

My opinion
Re: A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One! by MRMICKMEN: 6:43am On Nov 28, 2013
alfredo4u:

If u don't ve reasonable contribution pls stay clear

if u dont have any reasonable comment to make go f**k ur mom
i spit on ur grave punk
Re: A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One! by kensnoop: 6:56am On Nov 28, 2013
OP, entrepreneurship is the in thing, collect 3m and start up a business, Never think of working for anybody, be ur own boss, 3m is enough for a start up capital
Re: A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One! by Danhumprey: 6:56am On Nov 28, 2013
okpara ugo:

Mindset separates the rich from the poor, not paper money..

With the bolded, you have sworn allegiance to poverty for life...

N3m that cannot purchace a plot of land in a state capital. So young men still think like this ?
You didn't read my post well. You ignore some part,and pick the others. I said I wouldn't mind accepting the #3m,as I can invest it to yield more. But I just feel like opting for the #75k per month. It's my choice and opinion.
Re: A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One! by ignis: 6:56am On Nov 28, 2013
@ OP, like seriously, do you mean this question you are asking? If yes, Go for the N3m.
Re: A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One! by born2boink(m): 7:05am On Nov 28, 2013
You must be a lazy yoruba man, just 500,000 naira, I trust a igbo man with business, he will employ a lazy yoruba man like us to work as an accountant.
.....I would not go far to 3 million for an igbo man because even without penny, they will find a way to do business....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can Anyone Open A Verified Paypal Account For Me Or Teach Me How To Do It Myself / Fire Guts Abuja Farmers Market (Photos) / How To Start An Online Store In Nigeria And Make Your First Million Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.