Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,735 members, 7,945,303 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 02:00 PM

Sharia Police Smash Bottles Of Beer In Kano - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Sharia Police Smash Bottles Of Beer In Kano (17914 Views)

A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State / Sharia Police Smash 240,000 Bottles Of Beer In Kano / Franck Ribery Furious Over Beer Bath (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sharia Police Smash Bottles Of Beer In Kano by maclatunji: 1:16am On Nov 28, 2013
I believe the legality of such action has already been tested during Obasanjo's tenure. We need a comprehensive implementation of Sharia not selective. I am also very much interested in the issue of Zakat. There really should not be poor Muslims in Nigeria if Sharia is properly implemented.

Bans on alcohol would then be much easier to implement because you take away the economic incentive for most poor sellers and consumers.

1 Like

Re: Sharia Police Smash Bottles Of Beer In Kano by exe0(m): 1:32am On Nov 28, 2013
wen i c d hipocrisy of both xtians and muslims on nairaland ,i ask my self z it nt beta to b a free thinker
Re: Sharia Police Smash Bottles Of Beer In Kano by youngmoney101(m): 2:13am On Nov 28, 2013
My friend u don't knw any thing about d north,,wia r the Christians from?go to kaduna state n see for youself..most of the prostitutes in obalende area,Kawo, r all Muslim grls..don't lie to people am a core kd boy.my friend say something else,,, talking about alcohol most of Muslim boys n grls drink as well in the north?ask d fucking hisbah bigots y De didn't ban codeine cough syrup,tramol,n d5 and oda cheap drugs been abused by Hausa and Muslim people?
Are you Muslim?

99% of the prostitutes in the North are Christian, go to Abuja you will understand what I'm talking about , the remaining 1% are pagans.
If you mean indigenous northerners. Then you are wrong, Northern Nigeria is 100% Muslim, the Christians living here are not from the North . Not every northerners are Hausa but kano is a Hausa state, besides fulani, kanuri are all Muslims .[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Sharia Police Smash Bottles Of Beer In Kano by irokop(m): 2:46am On Nov 28, 2013
the warrior72: No, I don't take alcohol it's against my stand!

if u are upright in one thing and failled on others u are guilty of all says wisdom book the bilble
Re: Sharia Police Smash Bottles Of Beer In Kano by anonimi: 3:01am On Nov 28, 2013
Can we expect something similar to happen in the state of Osun in the near future given Imam Aregbesola's antics:

Muslim Youths attack Osun school over Hijab, beat up principal

The new education policy in Osun State claimed its first casualty on Monday as fierce-looking Muslim youths invaded the Baptist High School, Ejigbo, and beat up the students and teachers.

The principal of the school, Mr. Layi Oguntola, was thoroughly beaten and injured. Oguntola, as of the time of this report, was said to be receiving treatment at the Baptist Medical Centre, Ejigbo.

The attackers said they came because the school authorities stopped some Muslim pupils from wearing the hijab.

The hijab is a scarf that covers the head and chest, specially worn by a Muslim female.

Our correspondent learnt that the attackers stormed the school while the students were already seated in their classrooms.

They were said to have headed straight for the Principal’s Office and asked Oguntola to apologise for sending the hijab-wearing students away from school but the principal refused to do so.

There have been protests when the Governor Rauf Aregbesola administration recently introduced a new education policy, which entails merger and reclassification of schools in the state.

The Baptist conference specifically said it would not allow hijab-wearing students in its schools.

On Monday, the attacked students and teachers were said to have run for refuge at the palace of the Ogiyan of Ejigbo, Oba Omowonuola Oyesosin. The monarch was also said to have been instrumental to the rescue of the wounded principal from the attackers, made up of mostly youths.

The attack forced the Baptist High School and other schools in the town to close abruptly for the day as police were deployed in the town to forestall reprisal.

Some Muslim students of the school were said to have been turned back last week for wearing hijab on their uniforms and their parents were said to have reported the case to members of an Islamic sect in the town.

Tension started building in the town following the attack and the speculations that the attackers were also planning to set ablaze the United Baptist Church, close to the school.

Some Christian youths were also said to have mobilised to defend the church.

The Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Mrs. Folasade Odoro, when contacted, said she would find out the details of the incident and get back to our correspondent.

Commissioner for Information, Mr. Sunday Akere, confirmed the incident, which he described as an unfortunate one.

More from: http://www.punchng.com/news/hijab-yo...-up-principal/
Re: Sharia Police Smash Bottles Of Beer In Kano by tpia5: 3:34am On Nov 28, 2013
wow, thats a lot of beer.

might be better to just ban importation and sale of alcohol from the getgo, why is it sold there to begin with?
Re: Sharia Police Smash Bottles Of Beer In Kano by Infoman51: 5:04am On Nov 28, 2013
Stillblessing:
U don't get it y this people are hypocrites, they are destroying what they take in secret, so don't think anyone is supporting alcoholism here. What is your definition of hypocrisy even?
There are some muslims that do drink alcohol and commit other sinful acts but it is the responsibility of those muslims who are in power that follow the rules of islam to curb the spread of evil, this is what is happening in kano for christian now to condemn such decision to prevent the spread of evil is highest order of hypocrisy since it is prohibited in the bible.

1 Like

Re: Sharia Police Smash Bottles Of Beer In Kano by jhydebaba(m): 6:07am On Nov 28, 2013
Brewery don suffer, walahi! Let d people come out and reject vat on alcohol. I don't understand why u'll detest something so much and still share allocation from consuming same.

Something is wrong somewhere with some people's brain. Na only una sabi do religion. U know urself, I sha no mention name cheesy
Re: Sharia Police Smash Bottles Of Beer In Kano by Manir9ja: 6:45am On Nov 28, 2013
I don't know why these christians have problems with d destruction of Alcohols,arrest of prostitutes and homos,4 God sake all these acts brings notin to d society but "set-back" and increase in crime rate(u guys don't even follow ur bibles cos drinking of alcohol is prohibited even in ur bible)...You should go back to your filthy lands if u can't bear it#life is simple.

1 Like

Re: Sharia Police Smash Bottles Of Beer In Kano by PAPAAFRICA: 6:58am On Nov 28, 2013
Should have atleast recycled the bottles.
Re: Sharia Police Smash Bottles Of Beer In Kano by Goahead(m): 7:05am On Nov 28, 2013
Manir9ja: I don't know why these christians have problems with d destruction of Alcohols,arrest of prostitutes and homos,4 God sake all these acts brings notin to d society but "set-back" and increase in crime rate(u guys don't even follow ur bibles cos drinking of alcohol is prohibited even in ur bible)...You should go back to your filthy lands if u can't bear it#life is simple.
Bloody liar, why didn't u go and bann alcohol in UAE?
Re: Sharia Police Smash Bottles Of Beer In Kano by ignis: 7:11am On Nov 28, 2013
This guys are bloody hypocrites who keep deceiving themselves.
Am sure atleast 75% of those in the breaking and smashing of this bottles do consume alcohol.
Re: Sharia Police Smash Bottles Of Beer In Kano by Nobody: 7:13am On Nov 28, 2013
The funniest part is that Muslims consume alcohol more than anything(I'm from Oyo State, so I'm taking Ibadan as a case study). When muslims are fasting, the beer parlour( cool spot) don't sell much but when fasting is over, You need to see beer parlour. Come and witness EXHIBITION too at Ibadan, you will see them.

1 Like

Re: Sharia Police Smash Bottles Of Beer In Kano by seangy4konji: 7:16am On Nov 28, 2013
Thats why i am in Ibadan and they cant take away my alcohol... Pass me my alomo jor

1 Like

Re: Sharia Police Smash Bottles Of Beer In Kano by Chizua(m): 7:29am On Nov 28, 2013
A good one indeed but they should also reject their share of tax money on alcohol from the federation account

1 Like

Re: Sharia Police Smash Bottles Of Beer In Kano by krixik(m): 7:29am On Nov 28, 2013
True federalism is the answer. Control your resources and internally generate your revenue. Let me see how they will survive with their sharia. Robbing Peter to pay Paul. FG will collect taxes from breweries located outside this region and send it as federal allocation to them. In fact if they are sincere they should stop collecting the federal allocation from federal government because parts of it are from alcohol producing companies.
Re: Sharia Police Smash Bottles Of Beer In Kano by delegiwa(m): 7:43am On Nov 28, 2013
studio14: when i went to write neco in Bauchi state, i bought beer to tk do my final exam, after d exam i no cee my beer again some Hausa guys don cosumam

Hehehehehehehehehe. Guy you wicked oh.

1 Like

Re: Sharia Police Smash Bottles Of Beer In Kano by ParisLove1: 7:57am On Nov 28, 2013
Muslims and their twisted sense of morality. The companies involved should sue the state govt. and their hisbah touts.

Hypocrites.
Re: Sharia Police Smash Bottles Of Beer In Kano by Nja147: 8:10am On Nov 28, 2013
Though this looks stupid but. if we look at the positives things happening in Saudi Arabia, Dubai or even Egypt before the uprising . it is because of Islamic laws. alcohol and drugs have eaten deep into our society, drink while driving, harassment within the family, rape cases, people acting stupid due to influence of alcohol and drugs. if it means drastic action like this will help to reduce or save the day. my opinion, it is a welcome development.
Re: Sharia Police Smash Bottles Of Beer In Kano by Nobody: 8:25am On Nov 28, 2013
Bunch of hypocrites who take beer per second per minute now destroying peoples' fortunes using sharia as a cover-up
Re: Sharia Police Smash Bottles Of Beer In Kano by Anniettieufia(m): 8:33am On Nov 28, 2013
And who will be suffering for it ?
Re: Sharia Police Smash Bottles Of Beer In Kano by battyman(m): 8:38am On Nov 28, 2013
When sharia law was introduced in Niger state, the very first offender caught with alcohol consumption was the Governor's(Kure) son. You can imagine how it was handled.
Re: Sharia Police Smash Bottles Of Beer In Kano by inosend: 8:40am On Nov 28, 2013
As a Christian, I am totally in support of this move.
Re: Sharia Police Smash Bottles Of Beer In Kano by battyman(m): 8:46am On Nov 28, 2013
The funny part is that they destroyed cigarettes too
Re: Sharia Police Smash Bottles Of Beer In Kano by Asabeq(f): 8:47am On Nov 28, 2013
Come on you don't have to lie ok.
I am a northerner and a catholic but I am not saying this in defence of my faith.
Some of the muslim girls are prost itutes! There are local brothels for them even in the city of kano. Last 2weeks on newsline,two muslim ladies were parade for killing a 4months old baby,it was even in the papers. She got pregnant while prosti tuting and after 4months when she felt she cudnt continue taking care of the baby,she invited her frnd to help her poison her child. She lives in a brothel and they wear hijab there.

Mind you,I count the so called university runs girls as prost itutes too and you and I know ur sisters are nt left out and they always go for married men with the defence that he will marry me because he can marry up to 4 women.
Have you not heard of the popular big girl in kaduna,she's single and extremely rich because she sleeps around with politicians and even fly your ladies to dubai and turkey for prosti tution!she sometimes appears on city people as one of the northern big girls. What about ur kannywood actresses? No comment because you know better.
Some of those local tatoos your ladies draw are charms to trap men! If only the muslim sisters here will say the truth!
The 1st time I saw a V tightener was with a single muslim girl.what does a decent single lady need V tightener for?
Thou its a fact the christian have higher number of prost itutes!
Not forgetting those little girls that hawk,believe it or not 80% of them have lost their virginity to old mallams! Our gateman then in kano was an example,it was way out of hand ,my dad had to report him to his Imam frnd and sacked him!

As for their use of drugs especially codine, no comment but I think your malo chics will tell you better or you know and pretending not to.

Mujah1deen: I don't get what you are trying to say with your point 1 you people love to peddle lies and falsehoods .
There was no prostitution in Kano before the arrival of foreigners(non Muslim)
Actually it is 99% ,I know it hurts but it is the sad truth, wait for the next crackdown on ashawo you will see the number of christians .pathetic lipsrsealed embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Say No To Boy/girl Friend. Go Marry! / The Prophet Of Islam (S. A. W) Did Not Marry A 9 Year Girl / Pictures That Excite Muslims About Ramadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.