Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,331 members, 7,891,473 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 01:36 PM

Why The General Believe That Relationship Should Last Forever? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why The General Believe That Relationship Should Last Forever? (2626 Views)

At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? / Ladies; Before You Finally Give Up On That Relationship. / Crumbled Relationship: Should I Stay And Fight Or Just Walk? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The General Believe That Relationship Should Last Forever? by Chat2MeBac(f): 10:46pm On Jul 22, 2008
eldee:

angry angry angry angry angry
Don't dare me . . . I'll take you to Nandos three times and we'll be[b] engaged [/b] cheesy cheesy

Rofl, tried that too. Let's just say "he wasnt man enough for moi" tongue tongue tongue
On the brighter side, if you are willing to be on your beck an call, then ah wey yo ah wait fa grin grin tongue
Re: Why The General Believe That Relationship Should Last Forever? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jul 22, 2008
eldee:

angry angry angry angry angry
You can't go out with me for two weeks and know we'll get married
You decide AFTER, not before the relationship starts

What happened to taking one step at a time?

It's not a matter of knowing we'll get married/ throwing marriage at every single discussion, let's not confuse ourselves, the future's not certain, it's about having an idea of what you want in a man and anyone that does not have majority of what I want is a goner to me, no two ways about that.

Hannibal:

Find your church mind ASAP or should we go to Nandos to seal the deal??

Where's Nando's?
Re: Why The General Believe That Relationship Should Last Forever? by ogrebuga(m): 10:50pm On Jul 22, 2008
I see a girl, she looks nice, she's clean, she doesn't yibon every 5 syllables, no obvious deformities, yea i want to go out with her, and by the second date i realize she's a black blonde, imma lose interest, why? cos i can't spend d rest of my life with a slowpoke. Point is, if mind is made up that we can't have a possible future , no point wasting my time and yours. Doesn't mean i'm thinking of putting a ring on her finger as soon as i see her.
Re: Why The General Believe That Relationship Should Last Forever? by KarmaMod(f): 10:51pm On Jul 22, 2008
there's quite a diference between going on a date/dates and being in a relationship.

many people dont know the difference
Re: Why The General Believe That Relationship Should Last Forever? by Hannibal: 10:52pm On Jul 22, 2008
stillwater:

It's not a matter of knowing we'll get married/ throwing marriage at every single discussion, let's not confuse ourselves, the future's not certain, it's about having an idea of what you want in a man and anyone that does not have majority of what I want is a goner to me, no two ways about that.

Priceless!!!
We shall continue the rest at Nandos.

Where's Nando's?

Nando's is a portugese restaurant. . . . . .
It's cut n dried for people with church minds n mosque minds.
Mhhhhhhhhhh Beckham n Posh met at Nandos.
Re: Why The General Believe That Relationship Should Last Forever? by onyinye2(f): 10:53pm On Jul 22, 2008
eldee:

Exactly, know what you want, even if it's just a placeholder . . .
It's only our african women that feel every dude that takes 'em to Mr Biggs three times is Mr Right
I've never seen a country so marriage obsessed . . . my daizzz

I thought relationships always start with 'Let's see where we can go with this' before 'Let's take it to the next level'

oka watever eldee. we are not marriage obsessed. we just don't want to waste our time with some fool who can barely tell the difference from left to right. so just because a lady might think ahead where the relationship might go as in marriage doesn't mean she is obsessed with it.
Re: Why The General Believe That Relationship Should Last Forever? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jul 22, 2008
onyinye2:

oka watever eldee. we are not marriage obsessed. we just don't want to waste our time with some fool who can barely tell the difference from left to right. so just because a lady might think ahead where the relationship might go as in marriage doesn't mean she is obsessed with it.

My sentiments exactly cool

Hannibal:

Priceless!!!
We shall continue the rest at Nandos.

Nando's is a portugese restaurant. . . . . .
It's cut n dried for people with church minds n mosque minds.
Mhhhhhhhhhh Beckham n Posh met at Nandos.

Lay off, I'd rather you said Iya Basira's kitchen, Portugese my lipsrsealed cheesy tongue
Re: Why The General Believe That Relationship Should Last Forever? by eldee(m): 10:59pm On Jul 22, 2008
Hannibal:

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Nigerian chics like double-promotion.
Take em to Mr Biggs and u are half-married to them.
Call em the next day and they are calling u "daddy" already. . . . .
By the time u spell ALEX FERGUSON, they have told their parents u are the fiance.
It's not easy ooh . . . some guys are now using the 'anti-Nandos campaign'
Take 'em to KFC or Mc Diddy's instead . . . it never feels like a real date
It stops their pro-nubital bells for sparking cheesy cheesy

stillwater:

Potential suitors . . . that's what you said tongue tongue
IMO, i'm disputing the fact that every relationship you go into should lead to marriage

Chat2MeBac:

Rofl, tried that too. Let's just say "he wasnt man enough for moi" tongue tongue tongue
On the brighter side, if you are willing to be on your beck an call, then ah wey yo ah wait fa grin grin tongue
So you want to steal me from you twin shocked shocked
She must hear this ooh cheesy
Re: Why The General Believe That Relationship Should Last Forever? by Sisikill: 11:00pm On Jul 22, 2008
Question - Why The General Believe That Relationship Should Last Forever?

The Answer you seek my friend, can be found in the pages. . . last pages of these books.

1) Cinderella
2) Sleeping Beauty
3) Rapunzel
4) Beauty and The Beast
5) Snow White
6) The Enchanted Maiden

. . . . . All end with *say it with me* "And they lived happily ever after"

Our Generation is already a lost cause but we can save the future generation from this archaic mentality by BANNING ALL FAIRY TALES WITH THE HAPPILY EVER AFTER endings.

At Bed Time with your kids, substitute

Cinderella with Child Possessed.

Sleeping Beauty with The beast Within - Why Men are Violent.

Rapunzel with Homicide: A Sourcebook of Social Research

Beauty and The Beast with Till Death Do Us Part: Love, Marriage, and the Mind of the Killer Spouse

Snow White with Heart Full of Lies A True Story of Desire and Death

Sure they will be scared to bits, sure they'll have nightmares, will probably never marry and if they do, they'll get their gun license the same day they get their marriage licence, kiss their husbands goodnight and immediately cock their guns but I ask you. . . isn't that better than having their heads filled with bed of roses and believing crap about One True love and Happy Ever after? I dare say it is.
Re: Why The General Believe That Relationship Should Last Forever? by HCH3COO: 11:01pm On Jul 22, 2008
KarmaMod:

there's quite a diference between going on a date/dates and being in a relationship.

many people don't know the difference

so what?

@Post
It's Nigerian law. All relationships must last forever.
Re: Why The General Believe That Relationship Should Last Forever? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jul 22, 2008
Sure they will be scared to bits, sure they'll have nightmares, will probably never marry and if they do, they'll get their gun license the same day they get their marriage licence, kiss their husbands goodnight and immediately cock their guns but I ask you. . . isn't that better than having their heads filled with bed of roses and believing crap about One True love and Happy Ever after? I dare say it is.

What a summary!!!! Lmao cheesy
Re: Why The General Believe That Relationship Should Last Forever? by Hannibal: 11:05pm On Jul 22, 2008
stillwater:

Lay off, I'd rather you said Iya Basira's kitchen, Portugese my lipsrsealed cheesy tongue

Whats this about??. . . . . .Iya Basi-what??

I aint this cheap. . . . .who takes a potential date to mama-put??
Are u so in love with Isi Ewu and Akpu that u would ditch a posh restaurant for a roadside hut??

eldee:

It's not easy ooh . . . some guys are now using the 'anti-Nandos campaign'
Take 'em to KFC or Mc Diddy's instead . . . it never feels like a real date
It stops their pro-nubital bells for sparking cheesy cheesy

In Nigeria, once u go on a date with a chic, she has seen herself as your girlfriend. No frills, no thrills.
The only way she won't be down for this is if u don't drive a car or there is no loose cash.
Re: Why The General Believe That Relationship Should Last Forever? by HCH3COO: 11:06pm On Jul 22, 2008
sisi you and dis ya episodes ehn undecided
Re: Why The General Believe That Relationship Should Last Forever? by Chat2MeBac(f): 11:07pm On Jul 22, 2008
eldee:

So you want to steal me from you twin shocked shocked
She must hear this ooh cheesy

She won't believe a word you utter. Why? She knows the island chic doesnt roll like that tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue,
On that note I will be reporting you o, grin grin grin

PS.I need to hear Playa play Pataki's input on this one,
Re: Why The General Believe That Relationship Should Last Forever? by ogrebuga(m): 11:07pm On Jul 22, 2008
Sisikill:

Question - Why The General Believe That Relationship Should Last Forever?

The Answer you seek my friend, can be found in the pages. . . last pages of these books.

1) Cinderella
2) Sleeping Beauty
3) Rapunzel
4) Beauty and The Beast
5) Snow White
6) The Enchanted Maiden

. . . . . All end with *say it with me* "And they lived happily ever after"

Our Generation is already a lost cause but we can save the future generation from this archaic mentality by BANNING ALL FAIRY TALES WITH THE HAPPILY EVER AFTER endings.

At Bed Time with your kids, substitute

Cinderella with Child Possessed.

Sleeping Beauty with The beast Within - Why Men are Violent.

Rapunzel with Homicide: A Sourcebook of Social Research

Beauty and The Beast with Till Death Do Us Part: Love, Marriage, and the Mind of the Killer Spouse

Snow White with Heart Full of Lies A True Story of Desire and Death

rofl! You don practice am on your own kids?
Re: Why The General Believe That Relationship Should Last Forever? by KarmaMod(f): 11:08pm On Jul 22, 2008
Eldee while i agree with some points, you cant exactly blame just the women

Fine not every relationship is gonna end in mariage. Obviously but dont give the girl false HOPE.

You cant deny there are some guys that few days into the relationship they are going around screaming "Iyawo mi" blah blah, if you;re gonna be saying such rubbish so early why be surprised if she too goes around claiming husband after 2 dates?

Also I dont think any guy who doesnt believe the current relationshop is solide/worth it should be asking for the girl to be exclusive with them.

Of course you have to keep in mind that no matter what country you;re in , you're still Nigerians. These girls are Nigerians. Most with Naija parents. Naija mentality. No parent wnats to hear their daughter say "oh im just seeing some dude", they want to hear that it's serious, it's concrete, it's going somewhere

I really depise the fact that because some people have been smuggled aboard they fail to realize what we still have traditions that follow us. It's like you dont even try to put any effort into understanding what these girls have to go thru and why they think the way they do. blah blah the girls in blah blah do blah blah. Who gives a shit? If you have a problem with how they deal with certain situation, talk to them about it insread of just having outright disdain for them on the onset cos of how they were raised
Re: Why The General Believe That Relationship Should Last Forever? by Sisikill: 11:10pm On Jul 22, 2008
Quote from: eldee on Today at 10:16:18 PM
@topic
Exactly my sentiments
If you go into every relationship with the aim of getting married, what happens when you see that u're not made for each other?
This we must marry mentality is the reason why people commit suicides after break-ups

Abso-freaking-lutely!!

And if they don't take the easy way out by commiting suicide, they will talk your ears out, blubbering all over the place about how they'll never love again, how he/she was the one. . . the fact that he/she just got dumped by the one does not register about him/her not being. . . you know the one. And just when you are almost "There, There"-ed out, they meet someone else and the whole freaking process starts all over again.

Jeebus! Shoot me!
Re: Why The General Believe That Relationship Should Last Forever? by eldee(m): 11:10pm On Jul 22, 2008
onyinye2:

So now he's a fool because he's not ready to commit?
Hmmn . . . Naija women sef!!!

Are there no more forward thinking men who still have some things to take care of, say sumn like, A CAREER!!!

@Sisikill
Funny but abso-fucking-lutely on point cheesy cheesy

Hannibal:

In Nigeria, once u go on a date with a chic, she has seen herself as your girlfriend. No frills, no thrills.
The only way she won't be down for this is if u don't drive a car or there is no loose cash.
Hmmn . . . I'm taking notes cheesy

The other day, I saw a thread, sum bloke just told a returning colleague 'I miss you'
The next day, she was sending him billions of lovetexts cheesy
Also, Never use credit cards
Re: Why The General Believe That Relationship Should Last Forever? by KarmaMod(f): 11:11pm On Jul 22, 2008
Sisi. You need help tongue

You should have added The Story Of Scott Peterson: How I loved My Wife to DEATH. cheesy

stillwater, those people wash their yansh in their food. If you like keep patronizing them grin
Re: Why The General Believe That Relationship Should Last Forever? by Sisikill: 11:13pm On Jul 22, 2008
HCH3COO:

sisi you and this ya episodes ehn undecided

Ehn, ehn, no episode.

I used my meds this morning, thank you very much.

Let's not start spreading rumors here.
Re: Why The General Believe That Relationship Should Last Forever? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jul 22, 2008
eldee:

Potential suitors . . . that's what you said tongue tongue
IMO, i'm disputing the fact that every relationship you go into should lead to marriage

Maybe if you don't want to get married, you can do whatever you please.

Hannibal:

Whats this about??. . . . . .Iya Basi-what??

I aint this cheap. . . . .who takes a potential date to mama-put??
Are u so in love with Isi Ewu and Akpu that u would ditch a posh restaurant for a roadside hut??

See this man oo. What's wrong with taking a date to mamaput grin. Please come down your high horse and stop making a mockery of mamaput and lovers of mamaput. This is discrimination at its highest cheesy
Re: Why The General Believe That Relationship Should Last Forever? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jul 22, 2008
KarmaMod:

You should have added The Story Of Scott Peterson: How I loved My Wife to DEATH. cheesy

stillwater, those people wash their yansh in their food. If you like keep patronizing them grin

Lol, don't mind me, anything to crush and upset Hannibal is welcomed by me. cheesy
Re: Why The General Believe That Relationship Should Last Forever? by Sisikill: 11:17pm On Jul 22, 2008
ogrebuga:

rofl! You don practice am on your own kids?

Mos def. . . as my mother will say,

Oloun ma je bi omo ode.

By Age 10, all of them will be registered with the NRA.

Shooting Ranges will be their second home.

KarmaMod:

You should have added The Story Of Scott Peterson: cheesy

Gbaga! I forgot that one. . .

Replace Enchanted Prince with How I loved My Wife to DEATH.

Thanks Much!
Re: Why The General Believe That Relationship Should Last Forever? by Hannibal: 11:18pm On Jul 22, 2008
eldee:

Hmmn . . . I'm taking notes cheesy

The other day, I saw a thread, sum bloke just told a returning colleague 'I miss you'
The next day, she was sending him billions of lovetexts
cheesy
Also, Never use credit cards

Don't blame her. . . . . .She maybe love-starved.

I love paying via cards. . . . . I am too careless with cash.
What are the disadvantages of credit cards??  Eldee, u seem to know the nitty gritty of dating.
Are u a sexpert?? grin

stillwater:

See this man oo. What's wrong with taking a date to mamaput grin.
Please come down your high horse and stop making a mockery of mamaput and lovers of mamaput. This is discrimination at its highest cheesy

Mamaput??
This is going to be a tad hard. . . . . .  . .How does one propose in a mamaput joint with dirty floors and palm-oil flowing everywhere??
Anyways, i will get back to u on this.

El, do u knw any mamaput joint in any London Borough??
Stilly seems to be feening ponmo n bokoto?? grin cheesy
Re: Why The General Believe That Relationship Should Last Forever? by Pataki: 11:24pm On Jul 22, 2008
Chat2MeBac:

She won't believe a word you utter. Why? She knows the island chic doesnt roll like that tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue,
On that note I will be reporting you o, grin grin grin

PS.I need to hear Playa play Pataki's input on this one,
Chat, do not go with the notion that relationship lasts that long. Not in these days and age. tongue

I for one, do not enter one with a mindset of it is for eternity. I take each step as it comes with the relationship. cheesy

Any girl who thinks it is for long, should have a rethink. tongue
Re: Why The General Believe That Relationship Should Last Forever? by Pataki: 11:27pm On Jul 22, 2008
Hannibal are you looking for mamaput in London?

I know of one, unfortunately all your London street names are all too confusing in me head at the moment. cheesy
Re: Why The General Believe That Relationship Should Last Forever? by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jul 22, 2008
KarmaMod:

Eldee while i agree with some points, you can't exactly blame just the women

Fine not every relationship is going to end in mariage. Obviously but don't give the girl false HOPE.

You can't deny there are some guys that few days into the relationship they are going around screaming "Iyawo mi" blah blah, if you;re going to be saying such rubbish so early why be surprised if she too goes around claiming husband after 2 dates?

Also I don't think any guy who doesnt believe the current relationshop is solide/worth it should be asking for the girl to be exclusive with them.

Of course you have to keep in mind that no matter what country you;re in , you're still Nigerians. These girls are Nigerians. Most with Naija parents. Naija mentality. No parent wnats to hear their daughter say "oh im just seeing some dude", they want to hear that it's serious, it's concrete, it's going somewhere

I really depise the fact that because some people have been smuggled aboard they fail to realize what we still have traditions that follow us. It's like you don't even try to put any effort into understanding what these girls have to go through and why they think the way they do. blah blah the girls in blah blah do blah blah. Who gives a shit? If you have a problem with how they deal with certain situation, talk to them about it insread of just having outright disdain for them on the onset because of how they were raised

You raised valid points. cool wink

Hannibal:

Mamaput??
This is going to be a tad hard. . . . . .  . .How does one propose in a mamaput joint with dirty floors and palm-oil flowing everywhere??
Anyways, i will get back to u on this.

Stilly seems to be feen ;Ding ponmo n bokoto??

Public proposals in general are annoying, be it in posh restaurants or mamaput's joints. I can't stand them, yikkeess. tongue
Re: Why The General Believe That Relationship Should Last Forever? by eldee(m): 11:28pm On Jul 22, 2008
KarmaMod:

Eldee while i agree with some points, you can't exactly blame just the women

Fine not every relationship is going to end in mariage. Obviously but don't give the girl false HOPE.

You can't deny there are some guys that few days into the relationship they are going around screaming "Iyawo mi" blah blah, if you;re going to be saying such rubbish so early why be surprised if she too goes around claiming husband after 2 dates?

Also I don't think any guy who doesnt believe the current relationshop is solide/worth it should be asking for the girl to be exclusive with them.

I really depise the fact that because some people have been smuggled aboard they fail to realize what we still have traditions that follow us. It's like you don't even try to put any effort into understanding what these girls have to go through and why they think the way they do. blah blah the girls in blah blah do blah blah. Who gives a shit? If you have a problem with how they deal with certain situation, talk to them about it insread of just having outright disdain for them on the onset because of how they were raised
We can't blame them entirely . . . TRUE!!!
But they push the thing too much most times
How can a one date mean ENGAGEMENT??

Hmnn . . . I agree with totally with the second half of your post
But come to think of it, if we're to fully follow these traditions you upholding, unmarried couples need to be with an 'Alarina'
Yes or No?
The world is advancing, we have to drop some traditions

Hannibal:

Don't blame her. . . . . .She maybe love-starved.

I love paying via cards. . . . . I am too careless with cash.
What are the disadvantages of credit cards??  Eldee, u seem to know the nitty gritty of dating.
Are u a sexpert?
Nah . . . I heard of a guy that came to London on hols
When he was on a date wiv some chic, he brought out his Oystercard, T-mobile paycard and every other plastic card he could get
This dude was just a driver and see the fools running around him.

Stilly seems to be feen ;Ding ponmo n bokoto??
Hmmn . . . try Mama Calabar at Wembley or sumn
But are you sure you don't wanna go Nandos or sumn? cheesy
Re: Why The General Believe That Relationship Should Last Forever? by eldee(m): 11:33pm On Jul 22, 2008
@Chat2mebac
Love conquers all ooh cheesy
You can't break what I share with Jess . . .
She's in the kitchen cooking for me now sef

Let me go blow her another kiss again cheesy
Re: Why The General Believe That Relationship Should Last Forever? by KarmaMod(f): 11:36pm On Jul 22, 2008
What the hell is Alarina?

If you as the guy expect the girl to be exclusive to you from day 1, done be surprised if she thinks it's gonna take it to the future.

In other words, both sexes shouldnt be expecting anything until you know it's what you both wnat

as for dropping traditions, tell that to the families of these people.
Re: Why The General Believe That Relationship Should Last Forever? by Hannibal: 11:36pm On Jul 22, 2008
stillwater:

Public proposals in general are annoying, be it in posh restaurants or mamaput's joints. I can't stand them, yikkeess. tongue

So where would u like to be proposed to?? In your bedroom or mine? cheesy cheesy
Pataki:

Hannibal are you looking for mamaput in London?
I know of one, unfortunately all your London street names are all too confusing in me head at the moment. cheesy

Playa Pataki. . . . . . . The chic in question hates public proposals.
This is what i keep saying about women. . . . .You never know with them.
The other day, a babe insisted Eldee must take her to Trafalgar square to propose or NUTHING in the height of summer.
You need to see the number of cameras snapping at a blushing Eldee. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Why The General Believe That Relationship Should Last Forever? by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jul 22, 2008
Hannibal:

So where would u like to be proposed to?? In your bedroom or mine? cheesy cheesy

Did you drink "Hot" juice before logging on today? cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

In The Name Of Romance Many Girls And Women Are Going Through Hell / Who Have U Got A Crush On? (mine Is Really Funny!) / Post Here Instead Of Contacting Your Ex!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.