Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,646 members, 7,878,879 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 08:44 AM

Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! (45862 Views)

Why Are There Many Pregnant Brides Nowadays? / A Thread For 2016 Brides and Grooms To Be / Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 8:58am On Dec 14, 2013
Congratulations again to Phema & all the soon-to-be brides!

Good Job Everyone! cheesy
You guys are all doing a great job by giving us updates on your wedding plans, especially by revealing costs as against location. There is so much that I didn't know that I didn't know, shocked. But I'm learning now, thanks to you guys wink

I wish everyone a successful wedding event & a blissful married life.

Phema, I am greatly inspired by your planning/ budgeting skills. Keep it up!

2014 is my year oo, it will not pass me by...in JESUS Name, Amen!
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by BORNTOWIN(f): 11:13am On Dec 14, 2013
We would like to introduce D'vent bridals to you. Your once stop bridal shop that handles all your bridal and honeymoon items. With any budget there is a gown for you as we rent and sell new gowns as well as preowned gowns.
Our Items include
1) Wedding gowns - N15,000 - N85,000 ( Rentals included)
2) Veils - From N1,500
3) Jackets - From N4,000
4) Petticoat - From N3,500
6) Shoes - From N5,000
7) Hair acc - From N100
cool Jewelrys from N500
9) Unique souvenirs from N500
Other products available are bra, pants, little brides dresses, bridesmaid dresses, travellers set, make up, perfumes, sexy lingerie, shapewears and much more.
Thats true.. if you come in early enough like 3 months to your wedding, we can order the design of your choice and you can rent or buy it.. ain't it cool.

You can check out our NEW ARRIVALS [/b]at
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.542152195857764.1073741850.100001889666456&type=1&l=5e31668a33

[b]END OF YEAR SALES
at
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.574193359320314.1073741866.100001889666456&type=1&l=baa1ead05c

CLEARANCE SALES at
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.532026133537037.1073741848.100001889666456&type=1&l=895d8dd2c3

and like our page on
https://www.facebook.com/DventWeddingGowns

Our contact details are
Bbpin: 2919913e
Whatspp: 08097662691
Email:dvent.bridals@gmail.com
Mobile: 08037536126
Address: B12 Renny Plaza, Badore, Ajah.
Facebook: Dvent Bridals..... you would get to see some of our bridal package for real brides...

We look forward to adding beauty to your day.
Yours Sincerely
D'vent bridals
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 4:07pm On Dec 14, 2013
^^^ Sent you an invite on BBM. smiley
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 9:06pm On Dec 14, 2013
theLORDreigns: Congratulations again to Phema & all the soon-to-be brides!

Good Job Everyone! cheesy
You guys are all doing a great job by giving us updates on your wedding plans, especially by revealing costs as against location. There is so much that I didn't know that I didn't know, shocked. But I'm learning now, thanks to you guys wink

I wish everyone a successful wedding event & a blissful married life.

Phema, I am greatly inspired by your planning/ budgeting skills. Keep it up!

2014 is my year oo, it will not pass me by...in JESUS Name, Amen!

Amen Sis! Thanks for the compliment. smiley
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by BORNTOWIN(f): 4:28am On Dec 15, 2013
Thanks for adding us. Please whats your BB name so i know which?
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Don1Dee(m): 9:44pm On Dec 15, 2013
Phema:

Thanks Don1Dee. I haven't concluded with most of my stuff but here is a list of the few I've done:

* Reception Hall = 40,000
* Cake (Four steps and 200 cut pieces) = 45,000
* Hall decor = 80,000
* Photography (and all other stuff involved) = 100,000

Not done, but budgeted:

* Wedding dress, inner lace, under skirt, veil = 55,000
* Groom's suit, shirt, tie and pocket square = 40,000
* 2 shoes for bride, 2 for groom ( for trad and white) = 40,000
* Wedding rings = 80,000
* Food for 250 guests = 250,000
* Traditional marriage and Thanksgiving wears for couple (both buying and making) = 50,000
* Trad wears for parents = 40,000
* Entertainment drinks for White ( 12 crates of Malt and few bottles of wine) = 50,000
* Traditional marriage list = 100,000
* Traditional marriage entertainment drinks ( 5 crates of Malt) = 10,500
* Canopy, chairs and decor for trad = 70,000
* Food for trad = 100,000
* 25 packs of bottled water for white at #500 each = 12,500
* DJ and MC for white = 50,000
* Chin chin, sweets and chewing gum for white = 10,000
* Wedding IVs, wedding Program and souvenirs = 90,000
* Bridal train material and sewing = 25,000
* Registery = 30,000
* Bridal facials = 20,000
* Cooling of drinks = 10,000
* Logistics, unforseen contingencies = 100,000

* I might be missing some things. Will edit as I remember. We are trying to stick to our 1.5M budget for everything and something tells me we might even end up spending less cos we're going for the most affordable but good deals grin. Will give a better price break down after the wedding.

This is just the estimate, alterations can and will be made as we go on. You can ask questions concerning any of the items above. I will be willing to help. smiley
Thanks, this was more than helpful. Never cake and wedding rings are that expensive, and why is the cost of hall decoration more than the renting?
Am skeptical on your shoe budget. 40k might not be enough for four pairs of shoe.
After d event I'll like to see a picture of the traditional dress, so I can use the maker.

Best wishes and success in all your running around.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 10:51pm On Dec 15, 2013
Don1Dee:
Thanks, this was more than helpful. Never cake and wedding rings are that expensive, and why is the cost of hall decoration more than the renting?
Am skeptical on your shoe budget. 40k might not be enough for four pairs of shoe.
After d event I'll like to see a picture of the traditional dress, so I can use the maker.

Best wishes and success in all your running around.

Oh well, rings are of different qualities and weight. You can get just the gold wedding bands (for both bride and groom) for as low as #40k, the engagement ring (which i already have on) made it about 80k. Gold is something one can always resell, so I really do not see it as a waste of money.
The hall was that cheap cos it's church hall. I love good decor so I had to hire a Professional. I even got quotes of 200k and above. grin And, my dear wedding cakes are not cheap at all oooo.

As for the shoes, let's just say, I won't be buying expensive ones. The bulk of that budget belongs to the Groom as men's shoes are quite pricey.

And for the trad dress, I've still not found a good and affordable tailor. Hoping I get one real soon.

When is yours?
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by BORNTOWIN(f): 10:52pm On Dec 15, 2013
Dear,
you can check your list against the attached list

Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 11:00pm On Dec 15, 2013
BORNTOWIN: Dear,
you can check your list against the attached list

Couldn't open the file. Can you make it "readable"?
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by bellong: 9:16am On Dec 16, 2013
Phema:

dvent.bridals@gmail.com
www.facebook.com/dventbridals
08037536126, 08097662691
Bbpin: 2919913e
B12 Renny plaza, Badore, Ajah Lagos.

WEDDING LIST
1) Color theme
2) Brides wedding dress
3) Brides wedding Jacket
4) Petticoat
5) Garment bag
6) Brides shoe
7) Hair accessories ( Bride, little bride & train)
cool Veil ( Bride & Little bride)
9) Gloves ( Not in vogue any more)
10) Lingerie ( Pants, bras, corset,shapewears, sleepwears, baby dolls , Garter etc)
11) Bouquet for bride, little bride and bridal train
12) Jewelry ( Bride, little bride & train)
13) Garter
14) Hair
15) Makeup
16) Hand fan
17) Little brides dress
18) Bridal train dress
19) Garter
20) Groom suit( grooms men as well)
21) Groom shoe
22) Groom boxers
23) Groom shirt ( grooms men as well)
24) Groom tie ( grooms men as well)
25) Groom waist coat ( grooms men as well)

WEDDING LIST contdā€¦.
26) Groom socks
27) Groom pocket square/boutonnieres
28) Rings & ring holder
29) Souvenir
30) Asoebi ( If needed)
31) Invitation cards
32) Program
33) Car
34) Venue
35) Decoration for hall
36) Photographer
37) Video coverage
38) Food
39) Cake
40) Small chops ( If needed)
41) Drinks ( Water, wine & juice)...

That is the content...

2 Likes

Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 10:43am On Dec 16, 2013
Thanks Bellong. That was helpful.
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 11:01am On Dec 16, 2013
Phema:

Phema, when is d wedding?
Nd where do u stay again? Abeg, use general terms lyk port harcourt, delta and so on. I no sabi all dose villages una dey mention!

Tryna c if I can link u up with a tailor cool
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by minute(f): 11:21am On Dec 16, 2013
Sit down with partner and dream.

Big or small?

Country/City/Beach/Mountaintop/Church/ . . . .

Traditional or contemporary?

Food and flowers YOU like, it's your day don't worry about what other people may
want.( Just have to say though, that calla lillies are awesome and you can get
them in LOADS of colors)
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 9:51am On Dec 17, 2013
minute: Sit down with partner and dream.

Big or small?

Country/City/Beach/Mountaintop/Church/ . . . .

Traditional or contemporary?

Food and flowers YOU like, it's your day don't worry about what other people may
want.( Just have to say though, that calla lillies are awesome and you can get
them in LOADS of colors)

Thanks for the tips Girl! smiley
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 9:55am On Dec 17, 2013
alutacontinua:

Phema, when is d wedding?
Nd where do u stay again? Abeg, use general terms lyk port harcourt, delta and so on. I no sabi all dose villages una dey mention!

Tryna c if I can link u up with a tailor cool

Trad in Delta state, White in Edo state (Benin city ) and I stay in Lagos.

Abeg, link me up sharperly. smiley
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by ferhyntorlah(f): 10:27am On Dec 17, 2013
Nnekacherry:
Oh I'm quite relieved..
Because I wouldn't like to give up somethings i like doing just because i now have a "Mrs" attached to my name..
Thanks B..

Nnekacherry,
Have you discussed with your fiance about this? Being a Mrs shouldn't stop you from doing the things you love and giving up your individuality.

If youi haven't, please I beg of you, do!
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by phillip4re: 10:58am On Dec 17, 2013
lovely posts so far....praying to settle things with my fiancee by next sept...hoping nigeria economy will favorable because i'm getting sacred with these expenses i've been seeing so far
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 11:19am On Dec 17, 2013
phillip4re: lovely posts so far....praying to settle things with my fiancee by next sept...hoping nigeria economy will favorable because i'm getting sacred with these expenses i've been seeing so far

Aaaawwwww, don't be scared ooo. Just do a wedding you can afford. Don't go borrowing cos of your wedding. smiley
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by phillip4re: 12:38pm On Dec 17, 2013
@phema,my babe has told me that and i want to stick to that...but note i said nigeria economy....as i dey,no job since 2010.....so i know what i'm saying
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 1:07pm On Dec 17, 2013
phillip4re: @phema,my babe has told me that and i want to stick to that...but note i said nigeria economy....as i dey,no job since 2010.....so i know what i'm saying

Sorry about that. I pray you get something real soon. But honestly, if you still do not have any source of income by next year, i would say, put the marriage plans on hold.

Goodluck.
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by BORNTOWIN(f): 1:48pm On Dec 17, 2013
Dear,
I hope the wedding list helped you?
We can help with the budget you have dear for the items we do supply.
You can contact me, lets see how we can assist
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Freddestiny(f): 8:30pm On Dec 17, 2013
@phema please which of the church hall r u using in benin
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 9:34pm On Dec 17, 2013
Freddestiny: @phema please which of the church hall r u using in benin

All Saints Chapel, UNIBEN.
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 9:45pm On Dec 17, 2013
BORNTOWIN: Dear,
I hope the wedding list helped you?
We can help with the budget you have dear for the items we do supply.
You can contact me, lets see how we can assist

Oh Yes! It was quite helpful. Thanks smiley
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Freddestiny(f): 9:56pm On Dec 17, 2013
Phema:

All Saints Chapel, UNIBEN.
thanks a lot really appreciate success in ur forthcoming wedding
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 9:59pm On Dec 17, 2013
Freddestiny: thanks a lot really appreciate success in ur forthcoming wedding

Anytime babes. wink
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by dadebayo1(m): 10:44pm On Dec 17, 2013
I have learnt a lot from this thread.. Thanks to everyone.. GOD bless.
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by daclint(m): 3:08am On Dec 18, 2013
for your photo and video coverages, contact me, chronikphotography@gmail.com, 07036158248, you can check out some of my works here www.facebook.com/chronikphotography
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Don1Dee(m): 6:42am On Dec 18, 2013
Phema:

Oh well, rings are of different qualities and weight. You can get just the gold wedding bands (for both bride and groom) for as low as #40k, the engagement ring (which i already have on) made it about 80k. Gold is something one can always resell, so I really do not see it as a waste of money.
The hall was that cheap cos it's church hall. I love good decor so I had to hire a Professional. I even got quotes of 200k and above. grin And, my dear wedding cakes are not cheap at all oooo.

As for the shoes, let's just say, I won't be buying expensive ones. The bulk of that budget belongs to the Groom as men's shoes are quite pricey.

And for the trad dress, I've still not found a good and affordable tailor. Hoping I get one real soon.

When is yours?

Third quarter next, exact date not fixed.

I see guys whose 'ministry' for now is camry, even golf using some 'bad' cars during their wedding, do there rent them or what?
Does any one have idea of d price of renting a Limo, strickly for this purpose?

Success phema n others.
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 18, 2013
Don1Dee:

I see guys whose 'ministry' for now is camry, even golf using some 'bad' cars during their wedding, do there rent them or what?

Success phema n others.

No idea. Hopefully, peeps will have info as regards that.
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by taryour(f): 1:56pm On Dec 18, 2013
Hello good afternoon, Am Mrs Adeyemi by name(CEO of Boash cakes and events)Am a fellow nairalander like you by the name taryour.hope am not to late in introducing myself and what I do? Trust me our prices are very affordable. We are based both in Lagos and Ogun state.

BOASH Cakes is a custom cake studio whose focus is to create visually stunning wedding cakes, Birthday, traditional wedding, anniversary cakes etc. Each individually tailored to the client's wishes, with an emphasis on freshness and great taste you can't resist. Our expertise in cake decorating combined with our knowledge of the latest trends allows us to bring any style to the cake table.
Not leaving out our other delicacies for all your events,ranging from our finger foods,cocktails,chops,fish kebab and chips,assun,executive ram bbq,shawama,pizza and so lots more you just name it and we are sure set to tickle your taste bud.
Our indoor and out door catering service is also not left out, whatever it is your guest desires, from continental dishes to our own african dishes will be right on point.
We offer catering services for corporate clients on TGIF and Company get-together:- this includes; Fish kebab, Assun, Chicken nd Chips, Coleslaw, Barbecue, Jollof rice, Fried rice etc.

Be Rest assured that we are moderate in pricing and will assist you to spend wisely and get more than your Naira's worth

Our Pay off line
.................."Exceeding your expectation exceptionally"
All you need to do is reach out to us @
Boash cakes & events
29767A76

Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by eagleeye2: 1:59pm On Dec 18, 2013
Don1Dee:

Success phema n others.
Why rent cars? smh.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Wife Caught Her Cheating Husband With Another Lady, Pours Hot Soup On Him / Cheating Nigerian Wife Threatens A Man Who Said Men Should Do DNA Test / Daughter Fights Mum For Bringing Too Many Men To Their Home (pics/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.