Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,183 members, 7,884,114 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 01:26 AM

Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. (16533 Views)

I Don't Understand God / I Am Praying For The End Of This Wicked World. / I Am Praying For The End Of This Wicked World. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Anniettieufia(m): 10:30am On Nov 29, 2013
Don't worry about God,
His understanding is like the depth of the sea,

But keep on offering your prayers to Him , He ears you...

And if you so much border about getting interpretations to ur prayers,
Then start writing them down, and post those words to Nairaland the same way they pampered U on these topic , they will also give you the interpretations.

Baby Christian on Nairaland .
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Mujah1deen: 10:31am On Nov 29, 2013
Mintayo:
See a despirate mohammedan,guy bend,she does not need your help...
Tell allah to bring solution the fight btw sunni and shia,tell him to bring solution to bokoharam,tell him to bring soltion to alqueada,tell him to bring solution to young and tenaage girls whom ur brothers have disrupt their hope for the future,maybe then we will start considering him...
The Op is experiencing the New wine and Living water that flows only from Christ Jesus to all we who are saved.
Time is running fast,you can experience it too,leave your confused state and embrace Jesus,He is waiting for you.
Op beware of this spiritually dead ppl.
Tell your God to end the war in Congo
Where was he during the Rwandan genocide?
The op is lying and you guys are taking us for Id1ot, Islam remains the answer and solution to our problems as a country and for this op who is in a state of spiritual confusion(if she's saying the truth) .
Linking your so called speaking in tongue with God is absurd

3 Likes

Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Glocee(f): 10:36am On Nov 29, 2013
[quote author=arcbabe] where can i read that in the bible?[/quote

Read 1 Corinthians 14 :1 -2 , acts 2:4
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by husu(m): 10:38am On Nov 29, 2013
arcbabe: Pls i didn't post this in Islamic section neither did i seek the advice of muslims in this thread. It high time you stick to your Quran instead of studying the bible just to change it meaning and trying to confuse people. Majority of christians belief in the words of the bible and don't take it upon themselves to study the Quran,but you see muslims studying the bible just to blasphem God. Pls you can go to another thread to do that b'cos i won't accept such here,this is not an avenue for you to insult the integrity and sincerity of the word of God. Am a christian and will want muslims to stop disturbing and trying to make me change my religion. Respect is reciprocal, i can never say anything bad about Islam and i also will want you to respect my religion. Thanks

Pls keep it up, ure just encountering the spirit of God, meanwhile there are different gifts 1 Corinthian 12. Verse 7 says: Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. 8 To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom, to another a message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, 10 to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues,[a] and to still another the interpretation of tongues.[b] 11 All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he distributes them to each one, just as he determines.

I must tell you, I manifest my own spirit even as a baby in the Lord. For God has put in me the spirit to see the future, I foresee things that will happen in the future. I don't brag with it, I keep it to myself. I see many things in my dreams b/4 they happen and they happen almost exactly the way I see them. I avoid the ones i want to avoid and still keep it to myself. That is the spirit of God, meanwhile I can't speak in tongues.
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by ozoneamani: 10:39am On Nov 29, 2013
azeezhy:
my dear, if you had actually been going through a lot before the strange language thing begins, you may need to see a doctor. except if of course you think you are speaking in tongue. an assumption which beats any rational line of thinking.
God is the Greatest! Just exactly my thought. Depression could also cause this or being possessed as she claimed being studying alone and confused. Had a friend in such a situation.
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Mintayo(m): 10:43am On Nov 29, 2013
Mujah1deen:
Tell your God to end the war in Congo
Where was he during the Rwandan genocide?
The op is lying and you guys are taking us for Id1ot, Islam remains the answer and solution to our problems as a country and for this op who is in a state of spiritual confusion(if she's saying the truth) .
Linking your so called speaking in tongue with God is absurd
ofcourse u wld say that she is lying since it is something you don't or can't experince in ur mosques,or do u think it takes knocking ur head on the ground before u can access God?
The things of God are foolishness to them are perishing.
A spiritually dead man cannot cmprehend d things of God.
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Adeoba10(m): 10:44am On Nov 29, 2013
The same thing happened to me yesterday.
.But, it was when am eating hot yam and my supervisor called me.
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by ozoneamani: 10:48am On Nov 29, 2013
THUNDER4real: let THUNDER STRIKE DEAD any body that is insulting Jesus, God the father and the holy spirit who is made manifest through SPEAKING IN TONGUES.
There was never this verse in the earlier verses of the Bible. This is an Interpolition. You dont need all these to wade people off this thread and whosoever insults Jesus Christus knows where he is heading towards.
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Nobody: 10:50am On Nov 29, 2013
Anniettie ufia: Don't worry about God,
His understanding is like the depth of the sea,

But keep on offering your prayers to Him , He ears you...

And if you so much border about getting interpretations to ur prayers,
Then start writing them down, and post those words to Nairaland the same way they pampered U on these topic , they will also give you the interpretations.

Baby Christian on Nairaland .
how do you want nairalanders to understand me when the bible clearly stated that for he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men,but unto God,for no man understandeth him.
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by leonshom(m): 10:54am On Nov 29, 2013
mumumugu: Na so madnes dey take start
grin cheesy
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Nobody: 10:55am On Nov 29, 2013
Mintayo: ofcourse u wld say that she is lying since it is something you don't or can't experince in ur mosques,or do u think it takes knocking ur head on the ground before u can access God?
av u forgot dat jesus also knock his head on the ground like muslim does....go read the book of mathew....wake up from ur dream islam is here for you and i.....

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by ozoneamani: 10:55am On Nov 29, 2013
John1305: Its amazing to see someone bring up this issue to NL and I am so happy.

Dear OP,

This is not for you to be scared, but as Apostle Paul, (whom you must have read about) said, I wouldn't have you IGNORANT."

So also, do not ignore the gifts of the Holy Spirit. This act which you described, happened to me too, and I tell, I have gotten far beyond even my expectations. Even the things I couldn't pray about in (beyond my understanding) I saw them materializing. I found peace praying in the Holy Ghost so much that, I tagged it my first Language.

Rom 8:26-28 describes one of the wonderful reasons why this invaluable gift was given to us believers, and I believe it is more applicable to this case of yours (there are more uses).
"Also the Holy Spirit helpeth our infirmities, for we no not what to pray as we ought to, ... With groaning that can not be uttered'..

The Lord grant you light. And strength.
100 most influential men on Earth.
1) Mohammed - The Prophet of Islam.
2) Paul.
3) Jesus.
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Nobody: 10:59am On Nov 29, 2013
christaddicted: Congratulations beloveth@Op...
I give you 1millions likes.
I've been experiencing same with you for years now...Till date as i'm typing this...Is a great & sweet experience...The Lord will send you an interpretter soon...Watch out!
Mind you, never respond or reply to persecutors on this thread.. They are blinded & ignorant.. 2Cor.4:4.
i pray he gives me an interpreter. Thanks
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by viski: 11:03am On Nov 29, 2013
I understand people, that I can't speak in tongue doesn't mean, I should discriminate those that have got the gift (besides, I've got mine too, therefore, I refuse to feel inferior), many who antagonise this gift from God secretly wish they could have this gift, but due to sin, not denying self and not submitting to the Holy Spirit, they were not given this gift, if you are in this category, don't be angry, the truth is bitter, just swallow it for rectitude. Mind you, don't misunderstand me, if you can't speak in tongue, you're not a sinner, neither are you inferior to those who can, and if you can speak in tongue, don't ever think you are superior spiritually to those who cannot, there are many other gifts that we can have as a true christian: *Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom, to another a message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another SPEAKING in different kinds of tongues, and to still another the INTERPRETATION of tongues. All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he distributes them to each one, JUST AS HE DETERMINES.*[1Corinthians 12:7-11]
Speaking/interpretation here shows that not all that speak in tongue can interpret, they are two different gifts, the last two sentence of the 1Corinthians 12:10 says,"to another speaking in different kinds of tongues, AND to still ANOTHER the interpretation of tongues". In chapter 14 of 1Corinthians, Paul urges us to follow the way of love and eagerly desire spiritual gifts, speaking in tongues is just one of the numerous spiritual gifts, why should it be an issue? Anyone who speaks in tongue speaks to God and not man, he utters mysteries in his spirit[1Corinthians 14:2] He who speaks in tongues edifies himself [1Corinthians 14:4] Paul did not also forget to press us on to desire other more proactive spiritual gift that will be more beneficial to the church like prophesy, healing, knowledge, faith, distinguishing btw spirits, LOVE etc. For my peeps out there who speaks in tongue, listen to Paul's advice, Paul said and I quote, "For this reason anyone who speaks in a tongue should pray that he may interpret what he says."[1Corinthians 14:13] Mind you, not all will speak in tongue, not all can speak in tongue, when the Holy Spirit comes upon you and the Spirit of the Lord overshadow you, it will spring up fruits which are gifts with which you'll serve God better, the gift is given in accordance with each and everyone's capability. "And God has placed in the church first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healing, of helping, of guidance, and of DIFFERENT KINDS OF TONGUES. Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work miracles? Do all have gifts of healing? DO ALL SPEAK IN TONGUES? Do all interpret? Now eagerly desire the greater gifts." [1Corinthians 12:28-31]

"For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the FOOLISHNESS of what was preached to save those who believe." (1Corinthians 1:21)

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Nobody: 11:03am On Nov 29, 2013
Godvilla: Arcbabe.....
U shouldnt hav posted ur personal life experience in a public forum.
Meet ur pastor or a sum1 u know is more spiritually inclined 2 throw more lime light on this...
*I'll advice u unfollow this thread and go seek the council of ur pastor*
keep ur close relationship with God, He'll show u great and mighty things ur mouth cannot express!!!
Amen thanks,i appreciate.
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Mujah1deen: 11:06am On Nov 29, 2013
azeezlateefah:
av u forgot dat jesus also knock his head on the ground like muslim does....go read the book of mathew....wake up from ur dream islam is here for you and i.....
ameen
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by alcuin(m): 11:07am On Nov 29, 2013
Well.....OP.

The has nothing to do with whether Christianity or Islam.

There are disembodied souls all around us. These are souls of men who have died without shedding their passions and vices, hence, they are earthbound. These souls can take temporary or permanent control of one's brain, if permitted through one's spiritual strength.

It is highly probably that you are the subject of psychic pranks by these beings. In other words, you are temporary possessed. You may have unconsciously opened yourself by being too emotional, this breaks down natural psychic defenses and makes you vulnerable. The fact that you can not understand or control the process is a proof of this fact. The brain controls the body. These beings hijack your brain and control your nervous system thereby rendering you incapable of controlling your body. Be careful, these beings can drive you into actions that are not good based on their vices and inclinations. Examples of serial murderers hearing voices in their head and urging them to commit murder is a version of the unnatural control. Research on the phenomena of automatic writing, mediumship, etc.

This has nothing to do the Holy Spirit.

Christians telling you that tongues are heavenly languages understood only by God, do not have any idea of the spiritual worlds. Human words are only needed here on earth as a medium of conveying our thoughts to others. In the higher worlds closer to God, words are not needed. There, a thought is equivalent to a word, an action even a real experience. Thoughts, words and action are one and the same. By that, language is useless. You only communicate with God through heartfelt thoughts. Words only clothe our thoughts here.

In conclusion, the greatest power of the human being is WILL. If you exercise your will with unshakeable faith, you can easily disperse any psychic attack or oppression. Try it. Consciously will that alien force to leave. It will bow out. Even Satan can not stand a man with strong spiritual will.

If I don't make any sense, kindly ignore me. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by OILOFGLADNESS: 11:08am On Nov 29, 2013
WAOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU, MANY CHRISTAIAN HAVE CRIED AND REQUESTED FOR SPEAKING IN TONGUE WHICH IS ONE OF THE EVIDENCE OF THE PRESENCE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT IN CHRISTAIN'D LIFE.
MANY HAD FAKED IT.
GOD GIVES IT TO PEOPLE IN DIVERSE WAYS , SOME WHILE PRAYING IN THEIR ROOMS, THROUGH MINISTRATION FROM A SPIRIT FILLED MAN OF GOD, SOME WHILE WORSHIPING GOD.
IMMEDIATELY YOU RECIEVED IT, IT FLOWS OUT WHENEVER YOU ARE COMMUNICATEING WITH GOD. IT ENABLES YOU NOT TO PRAY AMISS.
SOMETIMES WHAT YOPU WANT TO ASK FOR IS NOT WHAT GOD ACTUALLY WANT TO DO FOR YOU, SO THE SPIRIT OF GOD WILL POSSESS YOU TO SPEAK IN TONGUES THAT ONLY GOD UNDERSTANDS.
EVEN SATAN DONT UNDERSTAND IT, SO HE WONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE ASKING OF,AND THUS WILL NOT ACCUSE YOU BEFORE GOD.
MY DEAR CONGRATULATION.
NEXT ACTION:

START PRAYING FOR INFILLING,I.e FOR GOD TO INCREASE YOU AND HE CAN ALSO GIVE YOU THE GIFT OF INTERPPRETATION OF TONGUES WHEREBY YOU CAN SPEAK AND INTERPRET.

I, BEFORE I RECIEVED MY OWN, I PRAYED, FASTED, CRIED, WENT FOR MINISTRATION, INFACT I LONGED FOR IT, FINALLY I RECIEVD AT A CRUSADE IN 2008.
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Mujah1deen: 11:12am On Nov 29, 2013
Christianity is a worldwide laughingstock ,see them bunch of deluded **** tongue speakers
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Mujah1deen: 11:13am On Nov 29, 2013
Mintayo: ofcourse u wld say that she is lying since it is something you don't or can't experince in ur mosques,or do u think it takes knocking ur head on the ground before u can access God?
Whatever, embrace Islam before it is too late

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Nobody: 11:14am On Nov 29, 2013
Mujah1deen: how do you understand that so called heavenly jargon? Or do you even it is one ? Have you ever been in the heaven? Do you work up there?
I bet she prays drunk
Or op why don't you record yourself? Nonsense
You alone know the church you are trying to advertise
Speaking in tongue my left foot
i don't drink not to talk of getting myself drunk.
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by bolaino(m): 11:15am On Nov 29, 2013
arcbabe: Have been going through a lot recently and have decided to hope,trust and pray to God to see me through. Have been reading my bible and at a point i will start speaking in a language i don't understand,this is bothering me. Will God hear me out and why the sudden language change? Since i don't understand the language myself,how will i channel my problems to God for instance if i want to say i want something from God,will the language am speaking let God understand my thought and needs? Am confuse,pls i need a very God christian or pastor to make me understand this and help me.
my good sister it is well with you and your household, you are blessed my sister, I can help you understand what you are going through. You are seeking the face of jehovah and he is giving you answers, so get in contact with me and I will guide you on how best to go about this,

CHINEKE INDIMA!!!
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by viski: 11:20am On Nov 29, 2013
alcuin: Well.....OP.

The has nothing to do with whether Christianity or Islam.

There are disembodied souls all around us. These are souls of men who have died without shedding their passions and vices, hence, they are earthbound. These souls can take temporary or permanent control of one's brain, if permitted through one's spiritual strength.

It is highly probably that you are the subject of psychic pranks by these beings. In other words, you are temporary possessed. You may have unconsciously opened yourself by being too emotional, this breaks down natural psychic defenses and makes you vulnerable. The fact that you can not understand or control the process is a proof of this fact. The brain controls the body. These beings hijack your brain and control your nervous system thereby rendering you incapable of controlling your body. Be careful, these beings can drive you into actions that are not good based on their vices and inclinations. Examples of serial murderers hearing voices in their head and urging them to commit murder is a version of the unnatural control. Research on the phenomena of automatic writing, mediumship, etc.

This has nothing to do the Holy Spirit.

Christians telling you that tongues are heavenly languages understood only by God, do not have any idea of the spiritual worlds. Human words are only needed here on earth as a medium of conveying our thoughts to others. In the higher worlds closer to God, words are not needed. There, a thought is equivalent to a word, an action even a real experience. Thoughts, words and action are one and the same. By that, language is useless. You only communicate with God through heartfelt thoughts. Words only clothe our thoughts here.

In conclusion, the greatest power of the human being is WILL. If you exercise your will with unshakeable faith, you can easily disperse any psychic attack or oppression. Try it. Consciously will that alien force to leave. It will bow out. Even Satan can not stand a man with strong spiritual will.

If I don't make any sense, kindly ignore me. Thanks.
Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Where is the Philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe. [1Corinthians 1:20-21]
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by iconics: 11:20am On Nov 29, 2013
@OP you do well to read Isaiah28:11 and 1Cor14. I strongly recommend you get the book "The Power of Tongues" by Pastor Chris Oyakhilome PhD, this will enlighten you and also rhapsody of Realities, this will inspire your daily and consistent study of the bible. Kindly note that not everybody (christian inclusive) will speak in tongues, but why should you be among them. If those tongues are from God, as I'm very sure they are, you ll give account of what you did with it.

for those asking why those in the old testament didn't speak in tongues even when the spirit of God was upon them, its because they were not born again and no one could have been born again before the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

@OP it is the glory of God to code a thing, it is the honour of kings to search out a matter!!!

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Fricain: 11:21am On Nov 29, 2013
BE PAID N228,800 MONTHLY!
Grab this ICT Empowerment opportunity today. Get trained FREE of charge and be paid cash! Read More:
http:///social/354/14865
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Nobody: 11:25am On Nov 29, 2013
ckkris: Moslems are here quoting the Bible wrongly, and I have the Koran in my phone and hard copy. LAY OFF.

what is that suppose to mean. Do u think we are afraid? We dont derail threads no matter how offensive it may be to our teaching
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Jabioro: 11:27am On Nov 29, 2013
Surely ur answer shall be sent in language u don't understand...
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Mujah1deen: 11:27am On Nov 29, 2013
arcbabe: i don't drink not to talk of getting myself drunk.
how long have you been speaking in "tongue"? Why didn't you record yourself? Or organize a prayer session with your friends or members of your family so that you can know what's happening?
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Image123(m): 11:28am On Nov 29, 2013
@OP
You can always pray with your understanding also, watever the case. Ask God for understanding.
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by leckxy(m): 11:29am On Nov 29, 2013
Even Satan understands english and any other language, but when you speak in tongue you are talking to God directly. Disconnect yourself from men for a day and pray as his spirit will grant you utterance.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by harbiola1(m): 11:32am On Nov 29, 2013
THUNDER4real: let THUNDER STRIKE DEAD any body that is insulting Jesus.

No be Snakebite again, it's now Thunderstrike.

Somebody said, Mark said anybody that tempt Christ must die by Snakebite. And unfortunately, those that are calling Jesus an Idol by worshiping him are seriously dying of Snakebite.

And nw u're also calling on Thunderstrike, should we also be expecting it for u pagans?
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Nobody: 11:33am On Nov 29, 2013

just as jesus did in matt 26 vs 39(wc pastor would try dat in his church)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Was Man Created Before Satan Rebelled Against God or After? / When Your Dating Partner Is Disturbing You For Marriage / What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.